Options

Astorians with tickets

Comments

• Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    I got them on the phone, was on hold since 8:40 and at 9:05 I got the most wonderful answer!
  • Options
    WASTIDWASTID Posts: 150
    i'm staying at Farrindon TraveLodge

cant argue with £26 for a room... its not that far either is it.. Kings Cross to Oxford Street is but a walk... a walk with a few pubs on the way!!

yep exactly where I am booked in. £26 for a double room plus (double and single bed in it) so only going to be £13 each for me and me mate. couldn't believe I could get it that cheap. just waiting to sort train times out now.

Farringdon a short walk to kings cross tube then one line needed to get to tottenham court road. easy.
    Wembley Arena, London, England 05-30-2000
    Astoria, London, England 04-20-2006
    Wembley Arena, London, England 06-18-2007
    MEN Arena, Manchester, England 08-17-2009
    Hyde Park, London, England 06-25-2010
    MEN Arena, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012
    Apollo, Manchester, UK 07-28-2012 (Ed Solo)
    San Siro, Milano, Italia 06-20-2014
    FD Arena, Leeds 07-08-2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes 07-11-2014
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    blue_rain wrote:
    But you know, of all of my friends in the UK who are fanclub members or long time die-hards - not a single one of them got tickets and I feel so sad for them. If it were not for this board or for Bugs, I'd question if any real fans got them.

yes, I know only a handful of my UK and even London friends (including you) got tickets. Now that's sad. And in the meanwhile there *are* people with tickets that are so busy rubbing it in that I question their motives and love for this band. Their tickets could have been in the hands of 'better' fans, if you can forgive me using that word.

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    Mirella wrote:
    yes, I know only a handful of my UK and even London friends (including you) got tickets. Now that's sad. And in the meanwhile there *are* people with tickets that are so busy rubbing it in that I question their motives and love for this band. Their tickets could have been in the hands of 'better' fans, if you can forgive me using that word.

groetjes,
    Mirella :)

not sure how you can claim that anyone is a better fan than another to be honest. I have not posted that much on here in the grand scheme of things so does that count towards how good a fan someone is?

Its hard to say who deserves what when it comes to these things, but there's one thing I know and its that this my band. The one that I got into when first discovering music at around 14 years old or so, and I have followed them since, and only managed to see them once in the 13 years since being into them. I am overjoyed that I am getting to see them, and even more overjoyed that its going to be in such an intimate venue.

But the fact is that for such a venue there are always going to be people disappointed, and I agree that its a shame that the Ten Club didn't have more tickets to distribute and its a shame that there's plenty of members not going. But I know that if I had not got tickets I would of been gutted but took it on the chin and waited another 4 months or so for the full tour (whats 4 months when you've waited 6 years!) and would hope that everyone that got tickets enjoyed it and looked forward to it and showed their excitement.

So, I am excited about the 20th. In fact I am over the moon, cock a hoop or whatever else you want to describe it as, and so are many others and don't expect them all to play miserable just because others didn't get tickets.
  • Options
    jimmy pjimmy p Posts: 71
    I'll be just going down in the afternoon to get in the queue, with some beer. Then I'll have to get the last coach home at 11:55pm. Sleep on the way home, wake up at 5am and be like, wtf just happened?! Woo!
  • Options
    http://www.picfury.com/8/londonastoria-1.html

not the best edit in the world, but decided to have a play around!!
  • Options
    WASTID wrote:
    not sure how you can claim that anyone is a better fan than another to be honest. I have not posted that much on here in the grand scheme of things so does that count towards how good a fan someone is?

That's right; you can't say you or your friends are necessarily better fans than anyone else out there. The fact is that PJ are something special, and they've reached people around the globe deep inside, I know how it is, and I realize thousands of others feel the same. Every one of us was on the phone and the net at 9 AM, for the same reason (not counting in the e-bay touts). So I hope you'll get another chance, or just wait to enjoy the real European tour Mike promised us. And yeah, I meant us.
  • Options
    I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    Yee Haw

I'll see you all in the pub before the gig. I like the idea of having some form of ID for recognition..... but i'll be one of the kilted ones with some form of PJ attire on.

Does the £26 room have a window and a TV?
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Yee Haw

I'll see you all in the pub before the gig. I like the idea of having some form of ID for recognition..... but i'll be one of the kilted ones with some form of PJ attire on.

I don't know, but the royal george posted in by Blue_Rain has, seems like a great option right where the action is

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/14/145/Royal_George/Charing_Cross_Road

and bump!
  • Options
    Bumping Astorians with tickets back to the top
  • Options
    blue_rainblue_rain London Posts: 163
    WASTID wrote:
    http://www.picfury.com/8/londonastoria-1.html

not the best edit in the world, but decided to have a play around!!

:D can't wait to see that!
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • Options
    I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    The Royal George seems good to me guys! It's wise to stay close to the venue for obvious reasons. It looks like a decent size and im sure it sells beer!

mmmmm, Beer.
  • Options
    Great! and since we've all got ID it will be no problem! :)
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    WASTID wrote:
    But I know that if I had not got tickets I would of been gutted but took it on the chin and waited another 4 months or so for the full tour (whats 4 months when you've waited 6 years!)

its not about the waiting longer, its about the venue ! u cant compare and i dont think u would have taken it on the chin !!!! trust me , i feel sick about PJ in that venue !

but have a great time be there for the rest of us !
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Bump Bump Bump
  • Options
    are we alowed to bring in cameras to the Astoria?
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Yee Haw

the £26 room has a TV and a windae... its also less than a mile from the venue

travelodges are actually pretty good value for money... if you're sharing a room then it'll only be 13 quid each :)

i'm trying to get my pal to lend me his kilt for the night... canny let the team doon!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    Bring it on!!!!

What is Malaysian national dress???? Or will you be wearing a kilt?

the malaysian national dress is a pearl jam hoodie with jeans. ;)
    so are we all planning to stay the night?
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    the £26 room has a TV and a windae... its also less than a mile from the venue

travelodges are actually pretty good value for money... if you're sharing a room then it'll only be 13 quid each :)

i'm trying to get my pal to lend me his kilt for the night... canny let the team doon!

im in for this... 13 for a room in london is awesome. why is everyone obsessed with kilt wearing?
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    shahril wrote:
    im in for this... 13 for a room in london is awesome. why is everyone obsessed with kilt wearing?

for £13 you need to share a room

its £26 per room... are you bringing someone?

my rooms cost me £26 but i paid for a single room... a double room costs £26 but sleeps 2, which makes it £13 a head.

only the Scots are obsessed with kilt wearing... that and the lecherous hands of londons female contingent ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    for £13 you need to share a room

its £26 per room... are you bringing someone?

my rooms cost me £26 but i paid for a single room... a double room costs £26 but sleeps 2, which makes it £13 a head.

only the Scots are obsessed with kilt wearing... that and the lecherous hands of londons female contingent ;)

yeah i know abt the sharing bit. i wouldn mind sharing with anyone really. a friend of mine is going with me but he'll probably stay at his girlfriend's.

lecherous hands? i thought those were primarily australians? ;)

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    about the set list - I'm in the mood for hearing DEEP on the stage, what do you think? are you in?
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    about the set list - I'm in the mood for hearing DEEP on the stage, what do you think? are you in?
    LEASH?????????

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    leash is fine, how about deep and then leash?
  • Options
    shahril wrote:
    yeah i know abt the sharing bit. i wouldn mind sharing with anyone really. a friend of mine is going with me but he'll probably stay at his girlfriend's.

lecherous hands? i thought those were primarily australians? ;)

sorry about the multiple explanations of the room sharing thing... i over described it a bit there :D

i dont know how many people on this thread are coming on their lonesomes, ( i am... but i have a room) they might wanna share the costs of the room...

hey australians, new papa guineans, outer mongolians... all the same to us lot in kilts man... a hand is a hand is a hand... except a hairy hand that is :eek:
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:

i personally couldnt care... it could be 15 songs of any varying degree from any varying album

its Pearl Jam

as long as they play Light Years though ;)
  • Options
    sorry about the multiple explanations of the room sharing thing... i over described it a bit there :D

i dont know how many people on this thread are coming on their lonesomes, ( i am but have room) they might wanna share the costs of the room...

hey australians, new papa guineans, outer mongolians... all the same to us lot in kilts man... a hand is a hand is a hand... except a hairy hand that is :eek:

hairy female hand? please no.

oh well ill just put it here.

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO CUT COSTS IM UP FOR SHARING A ROOM

i didnt quite undstand what u meant dunky. (do u have someone to share with already?)

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    leash is fine, how about deep and then leash?

and glorified g. lets see if eddie can handle the 3 in one go

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    shahril wrote:
    i didnt quite undstand what u meant dunky. (do u have someone to share with already?)

not yet buddy.... but the night is yet young... you just dont know ;)
  • Options
    shahril wrote:
    i didnt quite undstand what u meant dunky.

tell you what... at least i can type coherently on here... when i speak its like i'm a pissed groundskeeper Willie from the Simpsons

my accent is very... how shall we say... rough around the edges

if its hard understanding me on here, then you're fucked when i meet you in London

London baby... yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!