Options

Astorians with tickets

Comments

• Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    not yet buddy.... but the night is yet young... you just dont know ;)

i only have a single room and i'm going on my own, so it seemed pointless booking a double room... even though it costs the same :confused:

its very young. ;) how did u book the room again? how come it costs the same..weird..
    im supposing if its the same not many people will be up for sharing anyway.
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    tell you what... at least i can type coherently on here... when i speak its like i'm a pissed groundskeeper Willie from the Simpsons

my accent is very... how shall we say... rough around the edges

if its hard understanding me on here, then you're fucked when i meet you in London

London baby... yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

ah..an old school scottish accent. ;) if u sound like Andy Gray the ex Evertonian i think ill be fine. ive listened to him yap for years now.
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    shahril wrote:
    its very young. ;) how did u book the room again?

http://www.travelodge.co.uk

its called London Farringdon... i think its actually the closest one to the gig anyway but on top of that it has a special buy it now £26 room rate that you pay in advance

i mean its normally something like £75 for a room at this lodge :eek:

the other option is London Islington i think? its doing the £26 room as well but it might be further away!

its definitely worth it... but yeah, you'd think i would have got a discount for taking the single room option :confused: but still!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    shahril wrote:
    ah..an old school scottish accent. ;) if u sound like Andy Gray the ex Evertonian i think ill be fine. ive listened to him yap for years now.

not really in the Andy Gray vain... more a "what the fuck did he just say" accent... i'm from the South of Scotland and to make up for how close we are to the border i think our accent becomes more stronger as a result... weird huh!

funny postingon here instead of MT innit... at least no ones arguing these days :D

well not us lucky ticket holders anyway :o
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    lets remind ourselves how small this place is

http://www.cgtrio.com/roadcam/2003/pix/102203-03.jpg

taken from the stage i'd expect
  • Options
    pinonpinon Posts: 427
    hi........from Norway, staying at the Farringdon too :)
    Life is too serious to be taken seriously
  • Options
    hey, i got a ticket too, and some of us german guys are coming too.
    so looking forward to it.
    just 19 days!!!
  • Options
    pinon wrote:
    hi........from Norway, staying at the Farringdon too :)

hiya buddy

with a friend or on your own?

BTW EVERYONE.. have we agreed on a pre-meet bar yet? The Royal George is looking favourite but purely for size reasons... although women keep saying size isnt important and in the case of the Astoria they are right... smaller than a mosquito's lunchbox it is :cool:
  • Options
    hiya buddy

BTW EVERYONE.. have we agreed on a pre-meet bar yet? The Royal George is looking favourite but purely for size reasons... although women keep saying size isnt important and in the case of the Astoria they are right... smaller than a mosquito's lunchbox it is :cool:
    the old marquee is a decent size boozer and not too far away,gregmac666 and i are up for a meet with you guys thats if us oldies are allowed??
    COYS!
  • Options
    hiya buddy

on my own...........and Royal George sounds fine to me :D
  • Options
    not really in the Andy Gray vain... more a "what the fuck did he just say" accent... i'm from the South of Scotland and to make up for how close we are to the border i think our accent becomes more stronger as a result... weird huh!

funny postingon here instead of MT innit... at least no ones arguing these days :D

well not us lucky ticket holders anyway :o

yeah...whats there to argue about when uve got tickets to te best show of the year? and u know i love u dunky.

will sort out farrington tmr.

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    the old marquee is a decent size boozer and not too far away,gregmac666 and i are up for a meet with you guys thats if us oldies are allowed??

depends what you class as oldies ;) I'm 31

which in todays terms means i'm an oldie... still younger than the band though :)
  • Options
    depends what you class as oldies ;) I'm 31

which in todays terms means i'm an oldie... still younger than the band though :)
    i dont feel to old now,im 35.
    COYS!
  • Options
    Hey Hey,

I go travelling for one day, and you keep the thread alive!!!! Good stuff.

I'm in a meeting all day, so I'll be online. I'll read through all the posts and edit my firs tpost and see if I can sum things up a bit....
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:

Does the £26 room have a window and a TV?

What are you suggesting?
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    are we alowed to bring in cameras to the Astoria?

A man's sporran is his own business, and security guards have no business putting their hands anywhere near them.
  • Options
    JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    Here's another photo similar to Dunkman's, taken by... wait for it.... Chris Cornell :D This was at the Audioslave 17th Jan 2003 Astoria gig, a tour warmup / press promotion one-off show similar to the PJ one. A couple of my mates are there in the front row, I was up on the balcony with my missus. The balcony is pretty big, it has a lot of arranged tables and chairs rather just rows of chairs facing forward, which is pretty weird / cool!! My girlfriend liked that, not being a regular gig-goer and that. It's also got a bar at the back which is always handy. The front areas of the balcony are reserved for guests / celebs and press, I'm wondering if the 10c ticket winners might be allowed to sit in those areas if they wanted?

http://www.auzw93.dsl.pipex.com/audioslave_astoria.jpg
  • Options
    defstevedefsteve Posts: 77
    i'm staying at Farrindon TraveLodge

cant argue with £26 for a room... its not that far either is it.. Kings Cross to Oxford Street is but a walk... a walk with a few pubs on the way!!

Nice one. Thanks for that.

And with megabus.com coach only £11 return from Liverpool, thats only £48 for travel and hotel for me and the missus. Can't argue with that.

Does 40 count as an oldie?
    1992 - 3/2 Southend Esplanade, 4/2 London Borderline, 21/2 Manchester International II, 25/2 Nottingham Rock City, 26/2 Birmingham Edwards No.8, 27/2 Bradford Queens Hall, 28/2 London ULU, 6/6 London Finsbury Park
    2000 - 4/6 Manchester Evening News Arena
    2006 - 20/4 London Astoria, 25/8 Leeds Festival
    2009 - 17/8 Manchester Evening News Arena
    2010 - 25/6 Hard Rock Calling
    2012 - 20/6 Manchester Arena, 21/6 Manchester Arena, EV 28/7 Manchester Apollo
    2014 - 8/7 Leeds Arena, 11/7 Milton Keynes
    2018 - 18/6 London O2 Arena, 19/6 London O2 Arena, 14/7 NOS Alive
    2022 - 8/7 Hyde Park, 9/7 Hyde Park
  • Options
    blue_rainblue_rain London Posts: 163
    einatshaul wrote:
    leash is fine, how about deep and then leash?

All I want to hear is Severed Hand :D bad me for already listening to it but I cannot wait to hear it live!
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • Options
    blue_rainblue_rain London Posts: 163
    JimNastics wrote:
    Here's another photo similar to Dunkman's, taken by... wait for it.... Chris Cornell :D This was at the Audioslave 17th Jan 2003 Astoria gig, a tour warmup / press promotion one-off show similar to the PJ one.

I was at that gig - I'm trying to see if i can spot me. It was quite mental.
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    A man's sporran is his own business, and security guards have no business putting their hands anywhere near them.

How'bout a women's pocket book? :)
  • Options
    During the bask... is there something we can wear so that we know who we are? Red, blue and white wrist band?

for anyone interested in sweatbands i found them cheap on ebay UK

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sweatband-Wristband-RED-WHITE-BLUE-RETRO-CHIC_W0QQitemZ6852419200QQcategoryZ106129QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

£1.99 with free postage. :)
  • Options
    blue_rain wrote:
    All I want to hear is Severed Hand :D bad me for already listening to it but I cannot wait to hear it live!

I agree! but if I meet you before the show, please don't hum around me
  • Options
    Sounds like a plan... although you'd better watch that the morals police elsewhere on the board don't come and beat you to death with a leaflet campaign against eBay....
  • Options
    <EDIT>
    Okay... to summarise, theres gonna be lots of Scotsmen in kilt...

There has been suggestions of some talisman to wear which will single us out while we "bask" on the day.

Several bars have been suggested, the royal George seems to be winning.

http://www.eeriepubco.com/pub.php/ben_crouches/
    http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/14/145/Royal_George/Charing_Cross_Road
    http://www.bbcresources.com/images/drama/queen_vic.jpg

Some people are staying at the London Farringdon travellodge for £26 a room no matter if its a double or a single:

http://www.travelodge.co.uk

Oh yeah... it it appears that the Astoria is smaller than a midgie's tadger:
    http://www.cgtrio.com/roadcam/2003/pix/102203-03.jpg

</EDIT>

thats some quality editing there boy .... quality i tells ya..

i think the royal george could be a winner purely for its size... its a fairly big pub... and its just down the road

i dont get into Londonium until 2.15pm-ish... we'll need to combine heads and get a meet time sorted... although i suppose a 2pm-6pm time fairly covers it.. ok then maybe a list of folk that are coming and we can look out for people (especially the folk coming on their own... it'll be nice to have plan for them so they dont wander the pubs of london looking lost and lonely)
  • Options
    I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    I sleep for a mere 15 hours and come back to a flourishing thread! Nice

Hello to Pinon, the Norwegian!! I have a few friends from Stavanger and they are crazy.....Norwegians and Scottish are like fire and dynamite together haha.

ScotinAmsterdam, the "TV and window" question was meant to be a rock n roll reference...crash and burned.

Anyway, this seems to be coming together nicely!!! I'm arriving at stanstead around 11:30am.....Scots, check out ryanair flights from prestwick....£25 all in!

Oof, i'm wurried when the patter kicks in between Dunk, myself, Amsterdam and any "bravehearts"...bring yer phrase books!!!
  • Options
    We may need to publish a phrase book, specially for the show!!!

The Pearl Jam international phrase book 2007: Gauranteed to get you a beer in all countries pearl jam play in this summer"
  • Options
    Happy to see you all have flights... really! that's wonderful... it must be...
  • Options
    I Scot ID : Hello to Pinon, the Norwegian!! I have a few friends from Stavanger and they are crazy.....Norwegians and Scottish are like fire and dynamite together haha.

you might be right.... one of my best friends is Scottish and crazy too :D
    ....or....huh...no he´s Irish, but lives in Scotland..... ;)
  • Options
    We're cut from the same cloth.