Options

Astorians with tickets

Comments

• Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    anyone know what this is about?

I really really hope we get the hard core PJ fans atmosphere that night so they can go on playing as long as possible! lets make them feel worm and comfee...
  • Options
    I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    Cut from that same, thick, feel no cold, heavily alcohol absorbant cloth!
  • Options
    No one is answering but I'll keep asking...

Every one here actualy going to Astoria to see the band while sober and conscious enogh...

Let's let them know we are "real fans", love them, know all their songs etc...
    I've just heard the Den Haag 92' boot version of "Deep" and it's unbelieveable!!!
    I'm really hoping for a friendly show and good chemistry between us
  • Options
    No worries there, i want to remember the gig, the pub beforehand is to develop friendships and have fun with like minded people...but i do like a few beers!

Sorry, i know nothing of the Astoria events but looked up the gay night and it says 10.30pm-4am so i guess that's the reason for a slightly earlier start.

Oh, Deep is one of my fav's, a rarity live though!
  • Options
    pinonpinon Posts: 427
    wouldn´t worry if I were you ;)
    I think the cloths are probably good at the bottom ...I know I am.. :D
    and how could it be anything but friendly and ##cking amazing...

Can´t wait....

:D:D:D
    Life is too serious to be taken seriously
  • Options
    ops...sorry...simultanious posting here....
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Oh, Deep is one of my fav's, a rarity live though!

Yey! and I'd love to meet you and everyone else at the royal, if we're still there...
    and btw, all we have to do is go "deep deep deep deep deep deep..."
  • Options
    Only 18 more days of insomnia left.

It looks like there's gonna be a good crowd of us, maybe we should phone the pub and get a PJ section marked off haha.

For those of us wishing to continue the night after the gig i might be able to arrange some guest list passes to some clubs!
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:

It looks like there's gonna be a good crowd of us, maybe we should phone the pub and get a PJ section marked off haha.

For those of us wishing to continue the night after the gig i might be able to arrange some guest list passes to some clubs!

since we are all jamheads I count on good music and good taste, please count me and my friend in!

(Einat & Tali)
  • Options
    second that
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I Scot ID wrote:

i'm obviously up for a few pints before hand... it would be a sin against my nation to not drink :) however i do want to remember the whole gig... so i'll be having a few small ales before hand... fuck knows what'll happen afterwards though :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    i'm obviously up for a few pints before hand... it would be a sin against my nation to not drink :) however i do want to remember the whole gig... so i'll be having a few small ales before hand... fuck knows what'll happen afterwards though :)

which bar is it again? how do i get to farrington's from piccadilly cos thats where ill be coming in from by train. ah..still a lot more things to settle. what time are we coming down to this bar? 4?
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    shahril wrote:
    which bar is it again? how do i get to farrington's from piccadilly cos thats where ill be coming in from by train. ah..still a lot more things to settle. what time are we coming down to this bar? 4?

well i'm calling Royal George.. its really close. from 3pm sounds good to me though :cool:

try this for your directions though:-

http://www.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=piccadilly+tube+station&near=London&radius=0.0&cid=51500197,-126197,11080611717693776471&iwstate1=form:to
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Hello all, thought I'd throw my hat into the ring. I got tickets and its my first fucking show!!!!!!!! Been trying to get to see this band for the last 15 years, but for one reason or another never succeeded, and I don't feel guilty in the slightest.

Me and the missus are travelling down on the Megabus ! :D for a tenner each return from birmingham. We decided to pay a little bit extra for a hotel and treated ourselves to http://www.stgiles.com/londonhotel/london_hotel_rooms.html its not the Savoy but it's in spitting distance of the Astoria, which by the way looks like a cosy little place for a first PJ gig.

WWS will be the opener mark my words.
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
  • Options
    so far how many of us are confirmed for the night at farrington? thanks for that dunky its actually euston where im coming in at and its pretty close to farrington so no big deal i guess..

but yeah..how many of us are staying the night? i wouldnt mind just being with scot einat and dunk but would be cool to have a proper jamily occasion.

im thinking of booking a double room since its 26 pounds as well..so any of u wanting to cut costs just pm me. share with shahril and save 13! :)
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    o yeah...are checkouts usually at 12 in the UK? u think a train leaving london at 2 pm sounds right?

sorry if i sound very unsure abt things. ive never had to stay in a hotel in the UK b4. usually its just bunking over at friends' places.

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    shahril wrote:
    so far how many of us are confirmed for the night at farrington? thanks for that dunky its actually euston where im coming in at and its pretty close to farrington so no big deal i guess..

but yeah..how many of us are staying the night? i wouldnt mind just being with scot einat and dunk but would be cool to have a proper jamily occasion.

im thinking of booking a double room since its 26 pounds as well..so any of u wanting to cut costs just pm me. share with shahril and save 13! :)

i dont know the total fan list thus far

but

Dunk
    Heineken Helen (+mate(s)?)
    Scot(inAmsterdam + mate)
    Pinion
    Shahril + (mate)
    Einat (+partner?)
    I Scot ID (?)

can someone else do this please... i'm shit at Admin :o
  • Options
    shahril wrote:
    o yeah...are checkouts usually at 12 in the UK? u think a train leaving london at 2 pm sounds right?

sorry if i sound very unsure abt things. ive never had to stay in a hotel in the UK b4. usually its just bunking over at friends' places.

thats alright Shahril... checkout at 12pm and get yourself a bite to eat, then train at 2pm sounds good

its London... theres loads to see and do to kill time :)

this is looking good thus far... really looking forward to it
  • Options
    ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140

but

Dunk
    Scot(inAmsterdam + mate)
    Pinion
    Shahril + (mate)
    Einat (+partner?)
    I Scot ID (?)

You're forgetting me+1
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223

but

Dunk
    Scot(inAmsterdam + mate)
    Pinion
    Shahril + (mate)
    Einat (+partner?)
    I Scot ID (?)

I didn't get a ticket, but meeting up and having a pint with some of yez would be great, if you're up for that Dunkie.
  • Options
    thats alright Shahril... checkout at 12pm and get yourself a bite to eat, then train at 2pm sounds good

its London... theres loads to see and do to kill time :)

this is looking good thus far... really looking forward to it

erm is check-in not allowed b4 3pm? thats how it works back home i hope this silly rule doesnt apply here

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    I´m at Farringdon from the 19´th...anyone else, or are you all just
    staying the one night ?
  • Options
    Awright lads!

Welcome on board Chumfatty and FinsburyParkCarrots, you guys are more than welcome.

I'll be there dunk, i'm meeting ScotinAmsterdam around midday so we'll take a wander around the city and meet up at the George...which is basically looking to be the place right?

I'm currently arranging a place to stay but may end up at the Farrington Travelodge. Will let you all know.

Keep chatting guys and it will all come together nicely.
  • Options
    Chumfatty wrote:
    You're forgetting me+1

told you i was shit at this :)

hey Finsy... of course it'd be great to meet you in person and chew the fat :cool:

nobody is a persona non grata on the 20th of April... ticket or not.

you gonna try for one one the day though?
  • Options
    pinon wrote:
    I´m at Farringdon from the 19´th...anyone else, or are you all just
    staying the one night ?

i'm at Farringdon on the 20th only

i arrive in london around 2pm-ish that day!
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:

I'll be there dunk, i'm meeting ScotinAmsterdam around midday so we'll take a wander around the city and meet up at the George...which is basically looking to be the place right?

are you on your own as well?

a meet up at the george seems to be where its happening... i'll be there from around 3ish anyway

meeting up with Heiny Helen at some point although i dont know when she's getting in yet.

Farringdon will have some tellys to sweep up off the pavement the next day eh ;)
  • Options
    will arrive at farrington around 1.30 or so. once we get everyone confirmed we should talk abt meeting up at farrington itself b4 heading towards Royal George or wherever we decide.

i have a mate coming for the show but otherwise ill be alone. and the room's still up for grabs!!! 13 quid come on!!

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    shahril wrote:
    erm is check-in not allowed b4 3pm? thats how it works back home i hope this silly rule doesnt apply here

i've been to a few stag do's and Travelodge are pretty good about stuff like this... they'll normally at least let you put your bag in somewhere safe. but also if the room is empty but not yet cleaned say, they will sort you out with your keycard and let you be on your merry way.

you'll just have to see how it goes on the day... dont worry... its Pearl jam feet away from your face.... and its 24hr drinking nowadays.. .why did i bother with a hotel room LOL!!

can ScotinAmsterdam edit your first post to include a list of attendees + wives/partners/mates/etc?? that would let everyone become familiar with names and numbers etc!!

see how i swiftly evaded the need for me to edit and update the list by "passing the buck" to Scot
  • Options
    Muahahahaha, "heeeeds" - Flying TV

Aye, i'm on my lonesome but have mates that live in London so i'm staying friday night as well!

It looks to be the farrington for me too! I could stay with my mates but its far away from the Astoria and they wont be out thurs.

" A mathematician may calculate the quickest way to the pub, but no matter what, a Scotsman will get there first"
  • Options
    Aye! 24 hour drinking....beer warmth instead of a hotel! Haha.

Good bit of "buck passing" Dunk, nice one.

Nae luck ScotinAmsterdam, you're now "meeting administrator" and are solely responsible for the smooth operation of this event.

Ive Pm'd a guy from the Scottish Contigent thread that hasnt been around so i'm sure him and his mate will want to meet, that's if he checks his messages, so might be 2 more!