Astorians with tickets

Comments

• I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    Ah cool, Im an Ayrshire lad myself but know a good lot of people from Dumfries.

Wow, i cant wait to meet up with all the rest of you cattle for a mad night!!!!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I Scot ID wrote:

i absolutely guarantee we'll both know someone through some way or another... its a big town i suppose but most people know most people if you know what i mean

i'm really looking forward to meeting up with folks from here as well... theres one or two coming along that i've always wanted to meet for a drink and it'll be good to see them...

Troon lad?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • I'm totally happy on the balcony... I was worried i'd get standing behind someone who was super tall who wouldn't move, which would totally ruin my night. As long as i'm there and i can see PJ and get a few pictures and sing along to a few songs i'm happy.
    I'm just thankful that i'm even gonna be there :)
    *Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearviewmirror*
  • I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    Yeah cannae wait, the gig may be the main event but the meet up will be great!

I'm from Ayr.

thats how i see it.... i'm never lucky at stuff like this and when i got the ticket through seetickets I was shaking with excitement...

I just think an afternoon of meeting fellow PJ fans, a bit of a laugh and stuff, and then the gig... and then pubs till yon hour... and then to bed too sleep perchance to dream... its gonna be amazing

i fully expect to be still awake with excitement at 6.00am the next day.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Yeah cannae wait, the gig may be the main event but the meet up will be great!

I'm from Ayr.

thats how i feel... a few translations may be required (especially for the Irish ;) ) but all in all i think its gonna be a great trip "dahn sowff"

Ayr... i went to see Oasis in a big tent in Ayr once... then some guy tried to stab me for having longish hair :confused: i think he was jealous or something... bald fucker :D

EDIT: actually i just remembered NOT Ayr it was Irvine Beach gig... still i should have expected trouble at an Oasis gig :rolleyes:
  • little_wishlittle_wish Posts: 532
    Hey guys, sorry I can't be bothered trekking through the last 15 pages that I missed!
    Although I did catch up on the :eek: bit! Thanks for the help on that one!

Also, apologies to Neil... didn't realise my name was next to Ross's!

How is everyone tonight?
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

"The live shows? Well, that's church on Sundays"
    Although I did catch up on the :eek: bit! Thanks for the help on that one!

Also, apologies to Neil... didn't realise my name was next to Ross's!

How is everyone tonight?

whats the :eek: bit??? i'm lost now :(

you are soooo excited you missed your own name... did you not think of looking next to your boyfriends name.. tsk tsk :D

I'm doing fine... getting a wee bit tiddly now though... listening to some music.... i still cant believe i;m going :D .... i've been waiting about 9 years for this :eek:
  • little_wishlittle_wish Posts: 532
    whats the :eek: bit??? i'm lost now :(

you are soooo excited you missed your own name... did you not think of looking next to your boyfriends name.. tsk tsk :D

I'm doing fine... getting a wee bit tiddly now though... listening to some music.... i still cant believe i;m going :D .... i've been waiting about 9 years for this :eek:
    Well I haven't waited that long, but it's been 2 years for me now. Can't even begin to understand ur frustration!

Not long now though! Can't believe how quick these weeks are passing! It's crazy!

I was indeed too excited to look next to his name! But now I see.... I'm just an addition of his :( hehe

The :eek: thing was when I asked how to do it and I couldn't work it out... but looking through a couple of posts I found out how to do it!

Did I miss lots of good convo? Is it worth reading the last 15 pages? It's just so long! It took me an hour and a half to catch up on 50 pages the other day:(
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

"The live shows? Well, that's church on Sundays"
    Did I miss lots of good convo? Is it worth reading the last 15 pages? It's just so long! It took me an hour and a half to catch up on 50 pages the other day:(

i would read the last 15 pages if you can be bothered... theres some funny stuff in there... :)

but really all details for the meet and the gig stay as they are... have you guys got a hotel yet or anything? you dont want to miss out on the after show party... Fraser does amazing things with paint and scrotums I read... :)
  • harper11harper11 Posts: 47
    I'm totally happy on the balcony... I was worried i'd get standing behind someone who was super tall who wouldn't move, which would totally ruin my night. As long as i'm there and i can see PJ and get a few pictures and sing along to a few songs i'm happy.

if you are behind someone who is taller then YOU move!!
    Brisbane 21-3-1995, Brisbane 22-3-95, Brisbane, 14-3-98, Brisbane 15-3-98, London Astoria 20-4-2006
    harper11 wrote:

dude.. all your posts seem to reflect you being in a state of aberrance.. why?
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Hey dunkman, just signed in, you asleep in a corner yer clutching empty bottle of red...?
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    UKDave wrote:
    Hey dunkman, just signed in, you asleep in a corner yer clutching empty bottle of red...?

hi Dave

no man... i'm on some obscure Germanic lager tonight... i've been having a guitar night... just hanging out on http://www.giventowail.com and playing along to some PJ ... i just leave this on mimimised so i dont have to keep signing in all the time.... so i have had sporadic rest periods for my aching fingers and then use aforementioned aching fingers to type endless diatribe on here :)

Just off to bed and i'm away to Edinburgh for 2 days or so to see some mates of mine... see ya'll in a couple of days or so!!!
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    hi Dave

no man... i'm on some obscure Germanic lager tonight... i've been having a guitar night... just hanging out on http://www.giventowail.com and playing along to some PJ ... i just leave this on mimimised so i dont have to keep signing in all the time.... so i have had sporadic rest periods for my aching fingers and then use aforementioned aching fingers to type endless diatribe on here :)

Just off to bed and i'm away to Edinburgh for 2 days or so to see some mates of mine... see ya'll in a couple of days or so!!!

No worries bud enjoy Edinburgh!!
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • I Scot ID wrote:

Cattle???? Do cow's drink red wine????
  • harper11 wrote:
    What happens if you move and you're still behind someone taller?
    Haha! Didn't think of that one did you? ey ey?
  • harper11harper11 Posts: 47
    What happens if you move and you're still behind someone taller?
    Haha! Didn't think of that one did you? ey ey?

then you have moved to the worng spot
    Brisbane 21-3-1995, Brisbane 22-3-95, Brisbane, 14-3-98, Brisbane 15-3-98, London Astoria 20-4-2006
  • lets face it! in the astoria the view from the toilet is going to be better than some arena gigs!!!

11 days to go!!!!!! wooooo hoooooo
  • lets face it! in the astoria the view from the toilet is going to be better than some arena gigs!!!

11 days to go!!!!!! wooooo hoooooo

the astoria toilets are fucking gross, and i swear the view in there isn't that nice ;)
    www.myspace.com/rockmastergeneral

To break down borders and realise that we are one species and then the true patriotism comes from pride and love of the human race, not from the tribes of which we currently are divided, open your eyes your mind will see! - ME
  • harper11 wrote:
    then you have moved to the worng spot
    What happens if there's a whole line of tall people and none of them will move?
    It's happened to me before! At Porupine Tree in the Shepherds Bush Empire. We ended up standing on tiptoes all the way through until they left early and we could move in to their spots.
  • What happens if there's a whole line of tall people and none of them will move?
    It's happened to me before! At Porupine Tree in the Shepherds Bush Empire. We ended up standing on tiptoes all the way through until they left early and we could move in to their spots.

Concert going is all about...Strategic pushing and leaning
  • Well i try not to because i hate people pushing and leaning into me, it drives me mad so i try not to do it to other people.
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Well i try not to because i hate people pushing and leaning into me, it drives me mad so i try not to do it to other people.
    Hi, I know exactly what you mean, but this calls for desperate measures, us girls, we will all be there, front row, no doubt about it!
  • I'm wearing my most low cut top.
    I'm wearing my most low cut top.

Yeah! I was thinking of that too, but, ahh.. isn't it kind'a cold there in London?
    were I am it's 30 deg...
  • It may be cold in London but i doubt it will be in the Astoria :)
  • I have a proposal fellow Astorians........

I want to start a 'Jeff' chant at this gig, I'm a big fan of him, and as a bass player he is a huge inspiration to me. I also think he is the most underated member of the band, and barely ever gets the recognition he deserves.

So, if you see/hear some teenage kid shouting 'JEFF!! JEFF!! JEFF!!'....please join in :)
    I have a proposal fellow Astorians........

I want to start a 'Jeff' chant at this gig, I'm a big fan of him, and as a bass player he is a huge inspiration to me. I also think he is the most underated member of the band, and barely ever gets the recognition he deserves.

So, if you see/hear some teenage kid shouting 'JEFF!! JEFF!! JEFF!!'....please join in :)

I'll second that! I've always loved Jeff, right after we're done with the "Deep" chant I'm planning!
  • Haha deal...

We should have a signal, like after a certain song we KNOW they will play, start the Jeff chant?