Astorians with tickets

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    blue_rain wrote:
    Well, it is part of the deal. German sausages in exchange for a Pearl Jam ticket! I'm one smug woman..

can we all watch when he gives you his German sausage.... it'd be rude to exchange gifts in secret ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    shmike wrote:
    what was I thinking????
    of course the best gig of my life will be on the 20th....**slaps head in disbelief**

on the drinkin theme...how about a pitcher of this.....for starters??

http://www.drinkswap.com/drinks/detail.asp?recipe_id=5945

wow... a Pearl Jam cocktail... :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Ooohh, if only I could find a bottle of poitin to bring with me :eek:.

i want to get drunk... not have my liver collapse on me solely on the fumes of the poitin :)
  • psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    can we all watch when he gives you his German sausage.... it'd be rude to exchange gifts in secret ;)

you want a sausage too?
    :P
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
    psycosmic wrote:
    you want a sausage too?
    :P

no no.... i'm happy to watch :o
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    jman wrote:
    Well, you can't miss me: mess of curly hair and i'm the dude from the fanclub video. Drop by and punch me in the nads for making such a crap pj vid. I am now off to my lateshift at that particular establishment.

Haven't seen the video can you put up a link?

If I drop in to Borders it's usually Wednesday nights 7-8 on my way to Bar Salsa :D
    jman wrote:
    PLAY IT LOUD... unless you have tinnitus.

How did you know? :confused: think it was the playing it loud / standing to close to speaker stacks that brought it on.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    no no.... i'm happy to watch :o

jesus... we're talking about food :rolleyes:
    everything else is negotiable - or probably not :p
    but i can still bring you some german delicatessen if you want...

haha, i need to take a break from this and grab something to eat...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

• Woohoo! 12 1/2 days to go!!!!!!!! I for one am bloody excited!!!
    *Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearviewmirror*
    psycosmic wrote:
    jesus... we're talking about food :rolleyes:
    everything else is negotiable - or probably not :p

haha, i need to take a break from this and grab something to eat...

i'm well aware we;re talking about food ;);)

mind and grab the right thing to eat though :cool:
  • Ahhh cool, but i want a lighter blue strip....
    I'm going shopping tomorrow, gonna do a tour of all the sports shops in Exeter in hope!
  • Just found these on Amazon of all places, they're from America but it says they ship in 1-2 days... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CBYIJQ/qid=1144413916/sr=8-11/ref=pd_bbs_11/002-3165249-1500036?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=3375251

Edit - actually they can take up to 20 days to ship...
    carry on looking!
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Just found these on Amazon of all places, they're from America but it says they ship in 1-2 days... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CBYIJQ/qid=1144413916/sr=8-11/ref=pd_bbs_11/002-3165249-1500036?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=3375251

carry on looking!

Tali will be making our's on the plane over... while I close my eyes and dream of Black... toodoodootoo toodoodoo...
  • Just found these that should take a week at the max -
    http://www.redhaze.co.uk/acatalog/Red_Haze_Online_Shop_Other_Stuff_21.html
    You get 2 for £4.
    Look about 3/4 way down the page :)
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Just found these on Amazon of all places, they're from America but it says they ship in 1-2 days... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CBYIJQ/qid=1144413916/sr=8-11/ref=pd_bbs_11/002-3165249-1500036?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=3375251

carry on looking!

Lol, I read the review - imagine taking time to 'review' a sweatband :rolleyes:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • I know, i thought that... I think i'll just go and review the tea towel i ordered now... :D
    I know, i thought that... I think i'll just go and review the tea towel i ordered now... :D

So how would you rate the absorbancy??? :confused:

On a side note, are Pearl Jam turning into the newest fucking boyband or something? In Kerrang Charlie (Busted/Fightstar) has been telling people why he listens to them... and NOW the latest is that Lindsay Lohan will be singing with them on something :eek:

What's going on?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Yeah i was going to say something about the texture being so soft, i could wrap a baby in it and it'd be comfortable for hours. And that i definately like the rather attractive pattern on it. And i will further recommend it to other amazonners.

I guess PJ are trying to appeal to a wider mainstream audience. Charlie Simpson has always had the attitude of "I Love Biffy Clyro and Foo fighters" and other stuff and always wears band tops, it doesn't suprise me that he jumped on the Pearl Jam band wagon. What a pussy.
    It sounds selfish but i don't want Pearl Jam to get too mainstream like the Foo's or the Chili's. I love the fact that they're this rock group that everyone knows the name of but you don't see them splattered all over MTV or whatever other music channels are around these days...
    It sounds selfish but i don't want Pearl Jam to get too mainstream like the Foo's or the Chili's. I love the fact that they're this rock group that everyone knows the name of but you don't see them splattered all over MTV or whatever other music channels are around these days...

But look at the huge popularity of Pink Floyd - ya don't have to be splashed on magazines to sell stuff. I have to say though whatever about Charlie Simpsons musical 'talents', did you see that Fightstar video where he gets all wet and jumps around in the water????? :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • I have to admit, i saw Charlie Simpson when he was a part of Busted, I went to see them with my mate and her little sister... It was quite hilarious... I also saw him at the Bristol Academy with Fightstar once when i was just there on a night out.
    I have very little respect for him really... He's a bit of a twat :)
    did you see that Fightstar video where he gets all wet and jumps around in the water????? :o

seriously woman... is that all you think about all day :rolleyes: ;)

hee hee me too... :o ... imagine him with a wee pink handbag.. nice!!!
    I have to admit, i saw Charlie Simpson when he was a part of Busted, I went to see them with my mate and her little sister... It was quite hilarious... I also saw him at the Bristol Academy with Fightstar once when i was just there on a night out.
    I have very little respect for him really... He's a bit of a twat :)

first rule of fightstar: you must not talk about fightstar!

seriously though, i wouldn't care if pearl jam became an obscure über-indie act or the biggest band in the world (again)... as long as the music touches me it's all good... and the new album is mindblowingly amazing!!!
    ~~~

• I have no idea who the hell you're all talking about.

i have a sneaking suspicion i should be happy about that...

psycosmic wrote:
    the new album is mindblowingly amazing!!!
    I'm sure this is just you speculating on the obvious - You haven't, of course been listening to any leaked tracks, because that would be wrong... right? ;)
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • I have no idea who the hell you're all talking about.

i have a sneaking suspicion i should be happy about that...
    I have a sneaking suspicion you should be happy you don't know who we're talking about too. :)
  • Yeah, it really is, you get 2 for £4, but then they add on another £3 in VAT and Delivery costs. I'm keeping it by as a very last option though... Just thought i'd share with everyone what's out there...
    I'm sure this is just you speculating on the obvious - You haven't, of course been listening to any leaked tracks, because that would be wrong... right? ;)

OBVIOUSLY it's just "speculation", as i wouldn't risk to get banned ;)
    but with all this random chatter about food going on i can safely say that i ate an entire avocado that wasn't ripe yet... but it was yummy! :D
    ~~~

• psycosmic wrote:
    i ate an entire avocado that wasn't ripe yet...

tut! tut!

i like my avocados nice and ripe as the farmers intended.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
    tut! tut!

i like my avocados nice and ripe as the farmers intended.

fair enough!
    and it's much healthier too...
    ~~~

seriously woman... is that all you think about all day :rolleyes: ;)
    Pretty much :cool:

Seriously why else would a woman work in construction? ;)

I don't really like avocados all that much so I don't see why everyone should have to wait so fucking long for them.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life