Astorians with tickets

Comments

• UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    maybe admire was wrong word... eh... not sure what i mean, but just that he didnt take the shit, if you know what i mean... like if someone at my work was going on about my mother and shagging her etc, etc, or calling me something stupid... sure i could report them or ignore them but i'd much rather headbutt them in the chest... :o:)

That I can agree with but I'd rather take them out on whatever they're operating, if they're shit talking do it back, if they escalate it, then stick em... at least then it is self defence... :o
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    he might have said something about zidanes kids... i used to play with a guy once in a local team... one of the opponents actually said to him about waiting until his daughter was 16 and then he would 'look her up'... guy in my team just decked him... one punch... SFA banned him for 3 years, and he was 36 anyway so he just gave up... but everyone has a trigger, and although what Zizou did was in front of millions that thought wouldnt have entered his head, defence of his honour was more important

And it was a quality headbutt. 10 out of 10 for that! I don't think it will detract from his achievements throughout his career. He's been awarded the player of the tournament - he should be remembered for that more than the butting incident.

According to the BBC - "Sources in France say it is believed Materazzi insulted Zidane's mother."
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Byrnzie wrote:
    he should be remembered for that more than the butting incident.

:) agreed - he's a great player and I'm not even into football!

Byrnzie wrote:
    According to the BBC - "Sources in France say it is believed Materazzi insulted Zidane's mother."

And with Zidane being of algerian origin - that is BAD, real BAD!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    And it was a quality headbutt. 10 out of 10 for that! I don't think it will detract from his achievements throughout his career. He's been awarded the player of the tournament - he should be remembered for that more than the butting incident.

He's been a great player that's not questionable, not sure he deserved player of the tounament this time though, he had what two? great games, how about the Italian defence? Cannavero in particular...

I think it's the fact that it was just such an extreme and dangerous act, the power and area he hit could quite easily have stopped the guys heart :eek:

So the guy was an ignorant Italian muppet, laugh in his face at how fucking stupid he is ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Yeah link to the latest on it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/france/5164094.stm

LOL this is like some soap drama :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    UKDave wrote:
    He's been a great player that's not questionable, not sure he deserved player of the tounament this time though, he had what two? great games, how about the Italian defence? Cannavero in particular...

I thought that German winger was quality David Odonkor. He played on the right, and sooo handy. Schweinsteiger was also quality. Still, my vote for the best player would go to Zidane, merely for his performance against Brazil. He was like the master teaching his students a lesson in football - and that against Brazil!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I thought that German winger was quality David Odonkor. He played on the right, and sooo handy. Schweinsteiger was also quality. Still, my vote for the best player would go to Zidane, merely for his performance against Brazil. He was like the master teaching his students a lesson in football - and that against Brazil!

He was a bit nippy wasn't he!! :D:D missed the Sat game, didn't pig climber score two long range efforts?

Zidane v Brazil best individual performance of the world cup for sure :o
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    didn't pig climber score two long range efforts?

Yeah, both from outside the box.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Yeah, both from outside the box.

Shit... better get some work done :eek: later... :D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    ooooooooooo I just need to sayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I want a copy of last nights LA 9-7-06 PRE~SET, if any one comes across it Please grab & DL for me , Ed did PORCH as pre-set :D:D:D:D:D I need to hear it as i have a slight Porch addiction :o .... thank you xxx
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Zidane was stupid, as Martin O'Neill said last night...."winding up happens every 5 mins on the pitch" and with Zidane it worked a treat! There is always things said to get an oppostion player sent off and I'm sure in his career Zidane has heard to rough shit said to him :D

I don't think he deserved Player of the tournament, Cannavaro was far more consistant throughout but my player of the tournament definitely goes to Zambrotta....he was phenomenal in every game. Him and Lahm we class and Lahm wasn't even in the shortlist.
    I need a coffee!
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Irish Al wrote:
    Zidane was stupid, as Martin O'Neill said last night...."winding up happens every 5 mins on the pitch" and with Zidane it worked a treat! There is always things said to get an oppostion player sent off and I'm sure in his career Zidane has heard to rough shit said to him :D

I don't think he deserved Player of the tournament, Cannavaro was far more consistant throughout but my player of the tournament definitely goes to Zambrotta....he was phenomenal in every game. Him and Lahm we class and Lahm wasn't even in the shortlist.

O'Neill is annoying. Why does the BBC insist on having two Scots commentating?!! :mad: I can never understand him :mad: Rather like the Irish I guess ;):p
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    O'Neill is annoying. Why does the BBC insist on having two Scots commentating?!! :mad: I can never understand him :mad: Rather like the Irish I guess ;):p

what two Scots are you on about wummin!!!! :mad:

o' Neill is feckin Irish :rolleyes:

The BBC in their PC correct world actually have 2 English commentators, 1 Scot and 1 N.Irish... so my question is why does BBC have 2 English commentators :confused: and no Welshman.... like thats fair and representative of the UK ;);)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Good morning everyone! Bright and early today (not as early as VV though!). Talk to you guys later, when you're around!!

HH - you should be back today - how was Oxegen??
    good morning all!! :)

nice and bright up here..... i mean in Scotland, just incase you though i was in the lighting section of Ikea or at a flourescent paint seminar with professors.... ehhh

Dublin is creeping closer and closer.... due to continental plate shifts and what not i'd expect!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Hey Dunky! Did you celebrate your birthday in a fitting manner? Dublin.... i'm soooooo excited. I booked my flights yesterday so now it's real :D:D:D:

How's your wife? Been taking care of her, I hope!
    redrock wrote:
    Hey Dunky! Did you celebrate your birthday in a fitting manner? Dublin.... i'm soooooo excited. I booked my flights yesterday so now it's real :D:D:D:

How's your wife? Been taking care of her, I hope!

i celebrated by watching my new DVD's and having a couple of beers... i let my girls blow out the candle on my wee cake.

and yes, i have been looking after her, but i cant wait till the plaster comes off tomorrow... she's more work than my 2 girls... always 'needing' stuff... like "oh i need my inhaler...oh i need that magazine...oh i need a coffee...etc"

i dont do 'care' obviously :D
    Not easy, is it!! I bet your two little girls were puffing away till they passed out to blow out all your candles!

To take your mind off 'caring', there is a thread right up your sleeve in AET. It's called...... cheesecake!! :D:D
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    UKDave wrote:
    He was a bit nippy wasn't he!! :D:D missed the Sat game, didn't pig climber score two long range efforts?

Zidane v Brazil best individual performance of the world cup for sure :o

Nope... Cannavaro V Germany :)

Dunk I'll accept your apology whenever you're ready :) . When I said at the beginning of the WC that Italy would win... I was wrong and knew nothing about football :D

Anyway... MORNING ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):)

What an absolutely fucking amazing weekend - I would never ever say something like this but the Astoria is now in a group of 'best concerts ever'. I wouldn't say matched or beaten BUT The Who and Sigur Ros were both absolutely unbelievable :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Hey HH! Glad to hear you had the greatest time at the week-end! In between the bands, did you visit the hairdresser :D:D:D From what I hear, you didn't really need to get to the communal showers.. the skies opened for you!!!!
    redrock wrote:
    Hey HH! Glad to hear you had the greatest time at the week-end! In between the bands, did you visit the hairdresser :D:D:D From what I hear, you didn't really need to get to the communal showers.. the skies opened for you!!!!
    Lol, no hairdresser and no shower - baby wipes are the BESTEST invention ever... we'd lock ourselves in the tent one by one and... well yeh you know :D and the weirdest thing is my hair was lovely, lol. It didn't get greasy at all and I couldn't have given a shit or anything but the lads in some of the tents beside us were asking me where the showers were even yesterday cos they all thought I'd had one :eek:

Anyway, but yeh back to Sigur Ros - go and see them live if ya haven't, wow! I went with two fellas I'd got to know while my friends were at the Chilis and I just had fucking chills all through me an, did ya ever just need to touch someone? Shut up dunk and dave :D . Ah it was just lovely.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Smelling fresh throughout :D:D

Sigur Ros - I'm gonna have to seriously listen to those guys then! I'm sure it's not the same as live but it's better than nothing! Met some nice people then? Anyone you're keeping in touch with?

Edit: I pm'd you my flight details - hopefully OK with you!
    redrock wrote:
    Smelling fresh throughout :D:D

Sigur Ros - I'm gonna have to seriously listen to those guys then! I'm sure it's not the same as live but it's better than nothing! Met some nice people then? Anyone you're keeping in touch with?

Edit: I pm'd you my flight details - hopefully OK with you!
    Shit yeh, lol! I was in the middle of pm'ing ya back and then I forgot what I was doing and did something else :rolleyes: . That's no problem :D

Yep, listen to them :o just ya know that wow feeling... I had that. We met some great people. It's a shame though cos the 3 girls I was with weren't really all that bothered about chatting to others so it was only if I was on my own or when they went to bed I was drinking with some of the lads beside us. But yeh, I'm keeping in touch with the sigur ros fellas.

Lol, I'm never gonna have a shower again :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I was in the middle of pm'ing ya back and then I forgot what I was doing....

Oh dear...... first signs of losing it!
    redrock wrote:
    Oh dear...... first signs of losing it!

No, first sign is talking to yourself, second sign is answering yourself... I'm on my third :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I'm past those three...:eek: What comes after??? I think I'm waaaayyyy down the path :eek: :D
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Well oxegen is now out of my system.......come on eindhoven :D:D
    I need a coffee!
    redrock wrote:
    I'm past those three...:eek: What comes after??? I think I'm waaaayyyy down the path :eek: :D
    Ah yeh, me too! Just meant the three classic signs - no idea what comes next. Running down the street naked not knowing where ya live? :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Irish Al wrote:
    Well oxegen is now out of my system.......come on eindhoven :D:D
    :eek: Is it now? :rolleyes:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    OMG! Got MTV on as background noise and Jeff Buckley is on! I love Jeff Buckley......