Astorians with tickets

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    redrock wrote:
    OMG! Got MTV on as background noise and Jeff Buckley is on! I love Jeff Buckley......

Me too ... love Jeff Buckley that is ... funnily enough I don't have MTV at work :( ... or at home for that matter :o

EDIT: :D:D:D In case anyone hasn't seen it there is a thread on Other Music about Chris Cornell working on a second solo album :D:D:D

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=3488863#post3488863

I LOVE Euphoria Morning
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I love jeff buckley too :D

:eek: Is it now? :rolleyes:

This weekend :D:D:D:D
    I need a coffee!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    He's got the most beautiful voice...... **goes off in dreamworld***

I have MTV on as background when I need to concentrate on what I'm doing (usually it goes in one ear and comes out the other!). With my CDs I have a tendency to listen to the music! And, as I'm preparing a couple of french lessons, I need to keep track of what I'm doing (yeah... OK... I'm also on the board.... but that's all on the computer!!).

I think I may just put Jeff Buckley on when I'm done.... :D
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I don't know who Jeff Buckley is.. :eek: :o
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    Chime wrote:
    EDIT: :D:D:D In case anyone hasn't seen it there is a thread on Other Music about Chris Cornell is working on a second solo album :D:D:D

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=3488863#post3488863

I LOVE Euphoria Morning

I know! I saw it! I even posted. I think Euphoria Morning is the best Cornell has done - even with Soundgarden. Not everyone's opinion but my firm one! I can't wait for another solo album if it's anything as good as EM.

Oh dear.... which am I gonna listen to first now... Grace or EM :confused:
    eMMI wrote:

Oh if you can get a copy of his album Grace. His voice is just so haunting, mesmerising, beautiful ... :o

If only he were still here :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Buckley

I can't listen to music at work so don't know if it works but looks like there is a sample for his version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah .. have tissues at the ready
    eMMI wrote:

eMMI!! Try to find his stuff - he's incredible. He's got an amazing vocal range. If you get a chance, listen to his album Grace. It's beautiful. Sadly he died in 1997.
    Chime... great minds think alike.... :)
    Em that is spanking talk......don't know Jeff B :mad: ;)
    I need a coffee!
    She's young... he was before her time....
    redrock wrote:
    Chime... great minds think alike.... :)

So do stupid ones ;)

redrock wrote:
    She's young... he was before her time....

THe who was before my time, so was Zep....no excuses, and she loves it anyway ;)
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Em that is spanking talk......don't know Jeff B :mad: ;)

:eek: forgive me! :eek:

:p;)
    Irish Al wrote:
    THe who was before my time, so was Zep....no excuses, and she loves it anyway ;)

:eek:

well, to my defence, I'm catching up with this stuff. :) the Who I already love and Led Zeppelin is on my list. :p

:rolleyes: ;)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    I want to listen to Grace NOW :(

It's one of the only albums I have two copies of. Had to buy the Legacy Edition when it come out on the tenth anniversary. If you don't have it it's worth getting :) It comes with a DVD.
    eMMI wrote:

well, to my defence, I'm catching up with this stuff. :) the Who I already love and Led Zeppelin is on my list. :p

:rolleyes: ;)

Ok, just this once :D
    Chime wrote:

It's one of the only albums I have two copies of. Had to buy the Legacy Edition when it come out on the tenth anniversary. If you don't have it it's worth getting :) It comes with a DVD.

Been meaning to pick it up but still haven't got round to it. I also need to get grant lee phillips new album :D

Any grant lee buffalo fans here :confused: they were superb....emmi get their album Grace too.

So Emmi's shopping today....Jeff Buckley "Grace" and Grant Lee Buffalo "Grace", you will not be dissappointed....trust me:D
    I need a coffee!
    Chime wrote:

I cracked.... got in on now... french for later!

"Don't wanna weep for you, I don't wanna know
    I'm blind and tortured, the white horses flow"

**swoon**

Sending you the vibes at work! (OK not the same but it's the thought that counts!)
    Irish Al wrote:
    So Emmi's shopping today....Jeff Buckley "Grace" and Grant Lee Buffalo "Grace", you will not be dissappointed....trust me:D

And Chris Cornell's Euphoria Morning AND pick up some Nick Drake....
    redrock wrote:
    I cracked.... got in on now... french for later!

"Don't wanna weep for you, I don't wanna know
    I'm blind and tortured, the white horses flow"

**swoon**

Sending you the vibes at work! (OK not the same but it's the thought that counts!)

Actually reading the lyrics has started it playing on the internal jukebox so thanks :)

OMG to have seen him play live :o
    redrock wrote:
    And Chris Cornell's Euphoria Morning AND pick up some Nick Drake....

Haven't got either! :eek:

So you a GLB fan red?
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Ok, just this once :D

lol. thanks. :D

:eek: shite, I'm gonna have to check out what the library has to offer first. :o I don't have too much money to spend. :p but I wrote all that down. :D
    eMMI wrote:
    lol. thanks. :D

:eek: shite, I'm gonna have to check out what the library has to offer first. :o I don't have too much money to spend. :p but I wrote all that down. :D

Good girl :D
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Good girl :D

I know. :D:p;)
    Irish Al wrote:

Have got both (well 1 Chris and 3 Nick albums)

Think now it's Al's spanking time ... :mad: :p
    Chime wrote:

Have got both (well 1 Chris and 3 Nick albums)

Think now it's Al's spanking time ... :mad: :p

OHHHH MATRON......Chimey's getting frisky :D;):p

So you gonna happen to send them my way :eek: :o
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:

So you a GLB fan red?

Yeah.... As Chime says... Al spanking time! What are you waiting for - get them!

Funny you should mention GLB! I do have one of their albums 'Copperopolis' from a long time ago, and the other day I was looking at 'Storm Hymnal' because it's sort of a best of and I don't have anything else from them. I do like them. Won't put them at the same level as Buckly, Drake, Cornell... but not bad!
    Irish Al wrote:
    OHHHH MATRON......Chimey's getting frisky :D;):p

:rolleyes: Men .......
    Irish Al wrote:
    So you gonna happen to send them my way :eek: :o

Don't own a computer so sorry no can do :( If you do get Euphoria Morning (Cornell) Wave Goodbye is his tribute to Jeff
    eMMI wrote:
    I know. :D:p;)

So do we :D
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    So do we :D
    :D:D:D
    Chime wrote:
    :rolleyes: Men .......

Don't own a computer so sorry no can do :( If you do get Euphoria Morning (Cornell) Wave Goodbye is his tribute to Jeff

No bother....will source them meself :D
    redrock wrote:
    Yeah.... As Chime says... Al spanking time! What are you waiting for - get them!

Funny you should mention GLB! I do have one of their albums 'Copperopolis' from a long time ago, and the other day I was looking at 'Storm Hymnal' because it's sort of a best of and I don't have anything else from them. I do like them. Won't put them at the same level as Buckly, Drake, Cornell... but not bad!

Storm is good intro but the first two albums are amazing (grace and Might Joe Moon). If you get them...you'll fall in love :D
    I need a coffee!
    Not many people know Nick Drake - Chime you've got great taste in music.

(I'm now listening to last goodbye:

"You know it makes me so angry 'cause i know that in time
    I'll only make you cry, this is our last goodbye"

I've also got "sketches for my sweetheart" but Grace is THE Jeff one!
    redrock wrote:
    Not many people know Nick Drake - Chime you've got great taste in music.

(I'm now listening to last goodbye:

"You know it makes me so angry 'cause i know that in time
    I'll only make you cry, this is our last goodbye"

I've also got "sketches for my sweetheart" but Grace is THE Jeff one!

Why thank you :)

I think last goodbye is my favourite Jeff song. So poignant. I have all of Jeff's stuff except Live at Sine which I keep meaning to buy. So also Mystery White Boy and Live at Olympia