Astorians with tickets

Comments

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    ‘anyone know about the m/f ratio? i'm pleasantly surprised that there are so many females at our meetup since i was expecting more of a sausage fest’

Well, I’m still expecting a bit of a sausage fest meself :)

:eek: Ooopps, did that come out loud? :o

‘Hunger Strike!!’

HA!!!! Might go down well with the Irish fans too :o

’would definately stick with Paint It Black for a Stones cover though!! or... Ruby Tuesday.... or Wild Horses’

Oh paint it black would be great. I absolutely love wild horses too but I can’t imagine PJ playing it. I’d love to hear ‘dock of the bay’.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • If you know anyone in the Netherlands, who doesn't have a ticket... send them this link:

http://www.oor.nl/news_details.asp?id=2558

It's a competition to win tickets and a hotel for the night.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    If you know anyone in the Netherlands, who doesn't have a ticket... send them this link:

http://www.oor.nl/news_details.asp?id=2558

It's a competition to win tickets and a hotel for the night.

Don't suppose any of your Dutch friends are entering and would want to take a long a Londoner if they won ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • to be honest... I have no idea how it works... it doesn't really say much on the page.. I suppose you could negotiate with them... i.e. we're picking up my mate in london.

I'm sending it to most of my mates, but they have enough mates who want to go..
    I'm sending it to most of my mates, but they have enough mates who want to go..

Was only joking anyway ;)

I'm resigned to having to chat to the touts but think they are going to be asking stupid prices and think there will be lots of fan outside so the touts will be fighting them off :(.
  • shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    sorry Shmike :o .... i wasnt meaning it in a bad way though :)

of course its cool being old(ish).... 41 aint old though... the band we are all going to see are about 40-ish nowadays aint they... so you are in exalted company!
    no worries mate, I dont mind atall
    I have a lot of great gigs in the bank to look back on......and the best may be still to come...
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
  • jmanjman Posts: 29
    I have been ordered to say "hi!" and will hopefully drop by sometime before the gig...

but I gotta abstain from beer or cider... there ain't no way my bladder's gonna prevent me from staying front row at the gig...

Anyone here actually local to the Astoria? I work at the Borders just opposite, wanna know who the local fans are!
    "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you"

"I got the rockin pneumonia, I need a shot of rythym and blues..."
  • psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    blue_rain wrote:
    for the record, i adore german sausages

:eek:

as this thread's resident german i approve of your statement, of course ;)
    :o

but trust me, darling, you would have worded it much more carefully if you had read through the thread and knew that our collective minds are in the gutter most of the time :D
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
    jman wrote:
    I have been ordered to say "hi!" and will hopefully drop by sometime before the gig...

but I gotta abstain from beer or cider... there ain't no way my bladder's gonna prevent me from staying front row at the gig...

Lol, you're not the only one there :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    jman wrote:

Anyone here actually local to the Astoria? I work at the Borders just opposite, wanna know who the local fans are!

I'm local (not got a ticket but may pop in the George to meet so many fans and possibly people I may see at Reading) a couple of tube stops along the Central line.

Have visited your Borders many times for Books and also the cafe :D You never know when you're meeting a fellow PJ fan :D
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    psycosmic wrote:

but trust me, darling, you would have worded it much more carefully if you had read through the thread and knew that our collective minds are in the gutter most of the time :D

yeah.. if your mind is in the gutter then mine is most definitely in the sewer :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    psycosmic wrote:

I have a funny feeling that her mind has joined us in the gutter too :o and she knew exactly what she was saying :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    shmike wrote:
    and the best may be still to come... *dunk give minus 5 stars for pessimism.. ;)

shock.... explain the use of the word "may" here please!! dont you mean "is" :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    jman wrote:

I work at Broadcasting House, right at the top of Regent Street. Been to your Borders lot! Although I tend to go to the one on Oxford Street if I'm in a hurry.

No beer for me either! PJ comes before drinking AND peeing! (I'm sure this makes them very happy ;) )
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
    Riot_Rain wrote:
    No beer for me either! PJ comes before drinking AND peeing! (I'm sure this makes them very happy ;) )

shit, maybe we all should have met in a convent ;)

well ok... i wont be getting drunk beforehand but a 2 or 3 bottles and maybe a surreptious G&T before hand will suffice... bladder control people... its good for the pelvic floor muscles :) well for women anyway... i dont know what blokes call their pee muscle thingy... but its good for the boys to control it anyway :rolleyes:
  • waterproof lining on the inside of the sporran... but lets face it the gi's so intimate... that you're gonna be able to get back to the front..
    Actually now I'm thinking maybe shots beforehand would be a good idea. Beer just makes you pee even if ya only have one... so I think maybe I'll just drink a few shots - e.g. 5 shots wouldn't even be 1/3 of a pint, right? Especially in England :rolleyes: but it would get ya nicely tipsy without having to run to the bog all the time :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    waterproof lining on the inside of the sporran.....

I dunno whether to :D or :eek: at that one.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    so I think maybe I'll just drink a few shots - e.g. 5 shots wouldn't even be 1/3 of a pint, right? Especially in England :rolleyes: but it would get ya nicely tipsy without having to run to the bog all the time :cool:

now we're talking... :)

i can have one pint and suddenly i'm peeing out more than i surely took in... sometimes i think i must be leaking from somewhere else .... 1 pint in should = 1 pint out at the most but i'm sure its far more than that.
  • Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    shit, maybe we all should have met in a convent ;)

well ok... i wont be getting drunk beforehand but a 2 or 3 bottles and maybe a surreptious G&T before hand will suffice... bladder control people... its good for the pelvic floor muscles :) well for women anyway... i dont know what blokes call their pee muscle thingy... but its good for the boys to control it anyway :rolleyes:

Hehehe, I guess I should wear my habit ;)

I shall experiment with different kinds of alcoholic beverages the next 13 days, to see which doesn't make me pee.

Maybe absynth is the answer?

:D
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • blue_rainblue_rain Posts: 163
    psycosmic wrote:

well, you know me - i have an untainted chaste mind! ;)
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
    now we're talking... :)

Wow, more sense from me today :confused: . I don't know what's going on. Shots it is :)

Everyone else, on the possibility of there maybe being some kinda room party afterwards, it may be advisable to stock up your hotel room with beer before going out so it's there when ya get back.

ALSO, can anyone play the guitar and does anyone plan on bringing one? So we can be complete eejits altogether :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Riot_Rain wrote:
    Hehehe, I guess I should wear my habit ;)

I shall experiment with different kinds of alcoholic beverages the next 13 days, to see which doesn't make me pee.

Maybe absynth is the answer?

Ooohh, if only I could find a bottle of poitin to bring with me :eek:

Anyway, sambuca is my 'little' poison.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I have a funny feeling that her mind has joined us in the gutter too :o and she knew exactly what she was saying :p

I'm appalled, quite frankly! :p
    Though thinking about, err.. FOOD now as I'm hungry!

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    shock.... explain the use of the word "may" here please!! dont you mean "is" :)

what was I thinking????
    of course the best gig of my life will be on the 20th....**slaps head in disbelief**

on the drinkin theme...how about a pitcher of this.....for starters??

http://www.drinkswap.com/drinks/detail.asp?recipe_id=5945
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
    blue_rain wrote:
    I'm appalled, quite frankly! :p
    Though thinking about, err.. FOOD now as I'm hungry!

you'll get some german sausages in exactly 12 days...

and i don't care what everyone is thinking...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

psycosmic wrote:
    you'll get some german sausages in exactly 12 days...

and i don't care what everyone is thinking...

Well, it is part of the deal. German sausages in exchange for a Pearl Jam ticket! I'm one smug woman..

blue_rain wrote:
    Well, it is part of the deal. German sausages in exchange for a Pearl Jam ticket! I'm one smug woman..

i wonder who of us made the better deal here...
    ~~~

• jmanjman Posts: 29
    Chime wrote:
    I'm local (not got a ticket but may pop in the George to meet so many fans and possibly people I may see at Reading) a couple of tube stops along the Central line.

Have visited your Borders many times for Books and also the cafe :D You never know when you're meeting a fellow PJ fan :D

Well, you can't miss me: mess of curly hair and i'm the dude from the fanclub video. Drop by and punch me in the nads for making such a crap pj vid. I am now off to my lateshift at that particular establishment.

PLAY IT LOUD... unless you have tinnitus.
    "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you"

"I got the rockin pneumonia, I need a shot of rythym and blues..."
    jman wrote:
    Well, you can't miss me: mess of curly hair and i'm the dude from the fanclub video. Drop by and punch me in the nads for making such a crap pj vid. I am now off to my lateshift at that particular establishment.

PLAY IT LOUD... unless you have tinnitus.

you made the video of you walking around london? cool, i'll recognize you...
    good job by the way!
    ~~~