Astorians with tickets

Comments

• psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    einatshaul wrote:
    I can't think of it as being: post-gig...
    that's devastating...
    let's just Invite them over with us, have our private all night gig at the rayal george...

oh, didn't you know that there's going to be an acoustic ed pre-set at the royal george? i already reserved a chair for him...

i'm not sure if everyone in the band will be up for a post-gig though... G.A.Y. clubnight at the astoria might be much too tempting...

EDIT: i should have added some smilies obviously :D
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Wow......!! has anyone seen the Sunday line up at O2 Wireless in Leeds?!

The Who, Flaming Lips, eels, Zutons, Super Furry Animals.....!!
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    UKDave wrote:
    Wow......!! has anyone seen the Sunday line up at O2 Wireless in Leeds?!

The Who, Flaming Lips, eels, Zutons, Super Furry Animals.....!!

sorry dave... but until the 20th no other gigs exist in my little universe :D
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    psycosmic wrote:
    sorry dave... but until the 20th no other gigs exist in my little universe :D

what he said :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Good point.... and afterwards everything else will be but a pale shadow.....
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    einatshaul wrote:
    I can't think of it as being: post-gig...
    that's devastating...
    let's just Invite them over with us, have our private all night gig at the rayal george...

actually that is too devasting too contemplate... ok, lets just say we'll all be meeting up for a drink again after the greatest event of the year... nay lifetime :cool:

i suppose we can sort this out nearer the time/on the day.

but i wanna hit a few pubs afterwards to celebrate this momentous occasion...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Got to be done... will be on such a buzz no point stopping it there!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Good point.... and afterwards everything else will be but a pale shadow.....

dave... you dont mind me asking but are you the oldest out of the pre-meets? i remember a guy saying he was 41.. is that you?

obviously after a bottle of red wine and me reaching the age of 31 my memory plays tricks on me :)
    Phew... no, I'm not the grandaddy... 37 bud...
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Phew... no, I'm not the grandaddy... 37 bud...

sorry Dave :o

i think it must have been Shmike?

thems damn good tricks brain!!!
    One cover version on 20th... what would you go for....?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    sorry Dave :o

i think it must have been Shmike?

thems damn good tricks brain!!!

it's a good group of people we have here... 18-41 (i think?)...

anyone know about the m/f ratio? i'm pleasantly surprised that there are so many females at our meetup since i was expecting more of a sausage fest :D
    ~~~

UKDave wrote:

Rockin in the Free World.... 99% of the time... i am partial to Crazy Mary though :cool:

what about you guys?
    UKDave wrote:

with the possibility of eddie's hero in the audience there's gotta be a who cover...

RITFW would also be appropiate (since it's not a US gig) ;)

there are many cover songs i'd love to hear but if i had my way i'd rather have them play a special one-off cover song that marks the occasion... london calling?
    ~~~

psycosmic wrote:
    anyone know about the m/f ratio? i'm pleasantly surprised that there are so many females at our meetup since i was expecting more of a sausage fest :D

hey i am too... judging by the blog entries.. :eek: its a honey fest :o

we could have our own Honey and Sausage Fest could'nt we????

mmmmmm Honey and Sausage..
    psycosmic wrote:
    i'd rather have them play a special one-off cover song that marks the occasion... london calling?

if they did a Jam song i'd collapse in a molten bubble of scottish gloop... i adore The Jam... not as much as PJ but they are up there in my book!!

London Calling would be amazing as well though!
    Calm down man it's two weeks away... you'll do yourself an injury!!

Baba O'Riley.........?!

I fancy London Calling too!!

How about Stones - Paint It Black?

Personally would love some Lizzy but that's probably for over the Irish sea...
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    if they did a Jam song i'd collapse in a molten bubble of scottish gloop... i adore The Jam... not as much as PJ but they are up there in my book!!

London Calling would be amazing as well though!

Yeah!! Funeral Pyre!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Aww cmon. Rockin' in the free world would be fucking awesome! I saw G3 play it in Birmingham as the first time i ever heard it, then i downloaded the PJ version, then i downloaded the Neil Young version and now i just love it. That one would be wicked.

This time in 2 weeks, it'll all be over :(
    *Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearviewmirror*
    Aww cmon. Rockin' in the free world would be fucking awesome! I saw G3 play it in Birmingham as the first time i ever heard it, then i downloaded the PJ version, then i downloaded the Neil Young version and now i just love it. That one would be wicked.

Yeah but you'll be buzzing like a fridge!!

OK... takin RITFW as a given, two covers...!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    How 'bout I've got a feeling?
    I like the way they do it, nostalgic and all...
  • I'll be buzzing like a fridge shop more like!!!
    *Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearviewmirror*

dont look at it that way.... this time in 1 week 6 days time i'll be checking the train times and making sure i've packed my tickets for the squadillionth time.... i just invented a number :cool:
    UKDave wrote:
    Yeah but you'll be buzzing like a fridge!!

i'm gonna be buzzing like a swarm of ecstasy laden bees that have just turned on all the vibrators in a fridge shop... or something
    hey i am too... judging by the blog entries.. :eek: its a honey fest :o

we could have our own Honey and Sausage Fest could'nt we????

mmmmmm Honey and Sausage..

haha...
    dunk, i was just about to reply to this before the ladies came back into this thread... so i had to change it ;)
    never let them know they're awesome or it'll cost ya :D
    ~~~

psycosmic wrote:
    haha...
    dunk, i was just about to reply to this before the ladies came back into this thread... so i had to change it ;)
    never let them know they're awesome or it'll cost ya :D

never change your reply... thats my golden rule... what you initially type is your instinct and rightly or wrongly i go with instinct rather than mindful reason... well thats my excuse and i;m sticking to it :p

plus all the ladies know they're awesome anyway... they'll have us lads around their tiny fingers :D
    Cracking night all round!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    OK... takin RITFW as a given, two covers...!!

ok... you got me with Funeral Pyre... Going Underground? In the City... how much could they kick the fuck out of In The City???

all i ask is no Elvis... i'm sorry :o ... just never got him
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    never change your reply... thats my golden rule... what you initially type is your instinct and rightly or wrongly i go with instinct rather than mindful reason... well thats my excuse and i;m sticking to it :p

plus all the ladies know they're awesome anyway... they'll have us lads around their tiny fingers :D

sooo... I take it "I've got a feeling" is a good pick?
    In The City is MADE for them, great call...!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12