Astorians with tickets

Comments

• einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Tell me the colors and I will make one out of shoelaces! if I still remember how...
  • I think we just sort of came to the "wear what you want" conclusion.
    Personally, i will be wearing a red, white and blue wrist band of some sorts. If not a sweatband from ebay then one i have made myself. :)
    *Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearviewmirror*
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Cool, is it still 3pm onwards.....?
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Wow, has the exciting "what colour of wristband" debate been closed? I was hoping that was gonna last until the gig!

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
  • I'd guess so. I think it kind of came to the conclusion of wear what you want and show up when you want!!!
    This time in 2 weeks, we will all be standing in the same room as Ed. God, i am going to be in heaven. I can't even begin to describe how much i adore him.
    Yeah, only problem I have tonight is leave the itunes browsing through my PJ collection or throw one of the DVD's on.......?!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

thats like, soooo funny :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • I'm listening to these 2 bootlegs that someone on this site so very kindly has put up for download. Tis pretty awesome.
    UKDave wrote:
    Missed that one, what colour did it end on.......?!

we know who you are UKDave due to face pic on blog... so you are free to wear the heck you want... except a mask as then we'd be stumped
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Sorted for Reading / Leeds?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    we know who you are UKDave due to face pic on blog... so you are free to wear the heck you want... except a mask as then we'd be stumped

Not a Bush mask though I guess!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Not a Bush mask though I guess!!

can you still get Gavin Rosdale masks?... how insanely cool ;)
    can you still get Gavin Rosdale masks?... how insanely cool ;)

Jeez, I hope not... although it might work for Gwen.... hmmm....
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    I'd guess so. I think it kind of came to the conclusion of wear what you want and show up when you want!!!
    This time in 2 weeks, we will all be standing in the same room as Ed. God, i am going to be in heaven. I can't even begin to describe how much i adore him.

me too! me too! hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm....
    I'll tell you how I'm passing this weekend, I am making all my friends watch singles with me while freezing frame and playing over and over the parts where Eddie plays the drums, Eddie watches the Bee movie and Eddie says his line! (while trying really really hard not to mess it up)
    I love the soundtrack on that one! hope they do breath...
    Royal George is a pub that serves a variety of traditional bar food and can cater for private parties of up to 75 guests upon request. They also provide a wide range of entertainment including Sky TV as well as a selection of fruit and quiz machines.

i think they'll manage to accommodate us no problems...
    Beaming... listening to Immortality (Benaroya Hall version)!!

This is my ultimate gig, if I don't self combust with excitement first!!

Got tickets for Reading too, taking my lads (16 & 13) to that one!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Beaming... listening to Immortality (Benaroya Hall version)!!

This is my ultimate gig, if I don't self combust with excitement first!!

Got tickets for Reading too, taking my lads (16 & 13) to that one!!

i didnt book Reading/Leeds as i feel they are going to announce Glasgow and Wembley in or around those dates... and i cant afford all of them... and Reading/Leeds dont do 10club benefits so i'm hanging on for the PJ only gigs.

i think your kids will love it... some dads take their son fishing or to a table tennis club... not Dave... its PJ at fuckin Reading ... :cool:
  • Royal George is a pub that serves a variety of traditional bar food and can cater for private parties of up to 75 guests upon request. They also provide a wide range of entertainment including Sky TV as well as a selection of fruit and quiz machines.

Do you think we should warn them that they might have quite a few customers that day?
    i didnt book Reading/Leeds as i feel they are going to announce Glasgow and Wembley in or around those dates... and i cant afford all of them... and Reading/Leeds dont do 10club benefits so i'm hanging on for the PJ only gigs.

i think your kids will love it... some dads take their son fishing or to a table tennis club... not Dave... its PJ at fuckin Reading ... :cool:

And Chilipeppers at Coventry in Jul, took them to U2 last year!! 2 days before the youngest's b'day so it's something he'll remember.....!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    Royal George is a pub that serves a variety of traditional bar food and can cater for private parties of up to 75 guests upon request. They also provide a wide range of entertainment including Sky TV as well as a selection of fruit and quiz machines.

Ok, can someone from London or at least in England contact the Royal George and tell them that we have x amount of people coming? This way we will get an area of the pub reserved for us and as mentioned previously, maybe some freebies... food/discounted drinks blah blah. It may not be necessary as we will not be there at night but worth at least the enquiry.
    Does anyone know what "x" is then.....?!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Ok, can someone from London or at least in England contact the Royal George and tell them that we have x amount of people coming? This way we will get an area of the pub reserved for us and as mentioned previously, maybe some freebies... food/discounted drinks blah blah. It may not be necessary as we will not be there at night but worth at least the enquiry.

there's one of the ladies on this here thread who works near the George... i just cant remember what page of the this monolithic thread it was on :)

it might not be necessary but if we let them know they might put on extra staff and somewhat...

also.. we need to see who is all wanna go out after the gig... obviously trying to stop the scots is pointless... but who else is with us???

i know fuck all about the area but others obviously will... its just that after the gig we could all rendevouz back at the George and go from there??? anybody think this is a good idea? we'll definitely get split up at the Astoria but if we all went back to the George... :cool:
    UKDave wrote:
    Does anyone know what "x" is then.....?!

not officially but i reckon theres a good 50 people coming from this thread... you on your own Dave? or is one of the boys/missus/small pet hamster coming with you?
    there's one of the ladies on this here thread who works near the George... i just cant remember what page of the this monolithic thread it was on :)

it might not be necessary but if we let them know they might put on extra staff and somewhat...

also.. we need to see who is all wanna go out after the gig... obviously trying to stop the scots is pointless... but who else is with us???

i know fuck all about the area but others obviously will... its just that after the gig we could all rendevouz back at the George and go from there??? anybody think this is a good idea? we'll definitely get split up at the Astoria but if we all went back to the George... :cool:

Sounds good, are most people staying at Travel Lodge? I'm at the Strand, got it on laterooms.com for £49 if anyone is still need acc...
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • I'm coming to the George with my friend for sure. And probably after too.
    So i shall begin the list:
    1. :D
    I'm coming to the George with my friend for sure. And probably after too.

Saw your blog comment on Dream Theater, how about Queensryche.......?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • UKDave wrote:
    Saw your blog comment on Dream Theater, how about Queensryche.......?
    Nah not specially.... But more like Pink Floyd and Porcupine Tree and lots of other prog / psychadelic stuff :)
    I'm coming to the George with my friend for sure. And probably after too.

i'm definitely at George pre-show... and probably post show... then we'll decide what we are doing huh?

hopefully the folk who are meeting pre-show will want to spend the night in another pub talking about the most fuckin amazing gig they have just witnessed :cool:
    I can't think of it as being: post-gig...
    that's devastating...
    let's just Invite them over with us, have our private all night gig at the rayal george...