Astorians with tickets

Comments

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    kk well all of us doing something individual sounds like a good plan....we'll definitely recognise each other.

Yeah Helen, bunny ears works for me!

Lol, well it would stand out anyway :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • how fucking pissed off do they all look

maybe the hen just found out her father is the stripper :)
    Oh man, that's nasty...

See, that's how much fun you have when you turn up to find everyone else has dressed the same as you ("Can't believe that fuckin' bitch wore the same fuckin' ears as me..."). So do your own thing, i say
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Lol, well it would stand out anyway :D

true, true.
    Has anyone been to that pub before? looks quite nice!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Alright, i'll come dressed as... Me. I'm sure you'll all know me... Lol.
    I just posted a pic on that blog thing so someone might recognise me vaguelly...
    *Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearviewmirror*
    Alright, i'll come dressed as... Me. I'm sure you'll all know me... Lol.
    I just posted a pic on that blog thing so someone might recognise me vaguelly...

I'm coming as someone else....so nobody will recognise me! muwahahahahaha
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

Oh man, that's nasty...

See, that's how much fun you have when you turn up to find everyone else has dressed the same as you ("Can't believe that fuckin' bitch wore the same fuckin' ears as me..."). So do your own thing, i say

Lol :D ok but how are ya to recognise anyone if ya don't know what they're doing? What are you gonna wear???

Oh still have to arrange to meet you in departures anyway - presume you're going from Dublin right???
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • i just told psycosmic by email that i'm hell to be around at the moment.

i keep saying to everyone around me 'GUESS WHAT!?!'

they sigh and say 'you're going to see pearl jam?'... i shout 'YES!!' and jump around stupidly.

i like this game.
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
    i just told psycosmic by email that i'm hell to be around at the moment.

they sigh and say 'you're going to see pearl jam?'... i shout 'YES!!' and jump around stupidly.

i like this game.

it's weird, i keep doing the same to my family and i get greeted with blank expressions and threats that they're gonna rip up my tickets!
    It's almost as if they don't like PJ. But how can that be? I thought liking PJ was a certainty, like gravity.

i just told psycosmic by email that i'm hell to be around at the moment.

i like this game.

:o You're not the only one!!! I think I officially have NO friends left :D but who needs friends when you have an Astoria ticket??? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :o You're not the only one!!! I think I officially have NO friends left :D but who needs friends when you have an Astoria ticket??? :D

You said it! couldn't agree more lol.
    I feel like Charlie on my way to the chocolate factory!

• little_wishlittle_wish Posts: 532
    Wooo hey guys, ||Release_Me|| has posted that I'm coming with him but I haven't been officially added to the list :( *sob*
    Anyways yeah count me in!

I'm up for bunny ears, blue, red and white wristbands, and black red andyellow wristbands... whatever!

Ross ur idea with the pictures on the jackets.... sucked

Better luck next time buddy :D:D:D:D
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

"The live shows? Well, that's church on Sundays"
  • I have to say, it's amazing to actually be somewhere where people are as excited as me about this. Other people just don't understand. Everyone's like "oh, cool. Have fun." and i'm like "BUT THIS IS PEARL JAM! I WON THESE TICKETS. PEARL JAM! SMALL GIG! PEARL JAM!" And i get blank stares :|
  • Lol :D ok but how are ya to recognise anyone if ya don't know what they're doing?
    Cos it'll be something obvious to PJ fans. I think you'd be able to tell if someone was dressed as a bug.... or the bee girl...(my ideas, no one's allowed steal them!)
    What are you gonna wear???
    See now, I'm digging a hole for myself that I really don't want to get stuck in....
    Oh still have to arrange to meet you in departures anyway - presume you're going from Dublin right???

Yup. PM mobile # or something?
  • Sorry if this has already been posted, but just found out there is no support act... potentially a long night for us all!
    Wooo hey guys, ||Release_Me|| has posted that I'm coming with him but I haven't been officially added to the list :( *sob*
    Anyways yeah count me in!

I'm up for bunny ears, blue, red and white wristbands, and black red andyellow wristbands... whatever!

Ross ur idea with the pictures on the jackets.... sucked

Better luck next time buddy :D:D:D:D

Don't worry, they're just feelings....they'll heal.

People just don't get it!

No one in my house is talking to me at the moment BUT I am uber excited on the inside and out :D:D:D:D:D:D
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    you make a very good point here. i fear out inadequate attempts might offend jeff.

scrap that one.

I have one hat in my collection that may pass the Jeff test.

I've been wearing it all winter to keep the old ears warm when walking along the south bank of the thames.

Keep getting told it's 'nice' accompanied by the look that says 'that someone dares to wear it':o
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    true, true.
    Has anyone been to that pub before? looks quite nice!

i've been a couple of times before gigs... it's in spitting distance of the astoria and they also have a couple of seats outside so we can monitor the queue...

we're all the same...
    people don't even talk to me, i just get this weird look that says "whatever you do, don't mention pearl jam at the astoria" :D
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • I have to say, it's amazing to actually be somewhere where people are as excited as me about this. Other people just don't understand. Everyone's like "oh, cool. Have fun." and i'm like "BUT THIS IS PEARL JAM! I WON THESE TICKETS. PEARL JAM! SMALL GIG! PEARL JAM!" And i get blank stares :|

I think a lot of us know the feeling (sigh)

haha DEFINITELY!
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
    psycosmic wrote:
    i've been a couple of times before gigs... it's in spitting distance of the astoria and they also have a couple of seats outside so we can monitor the queue...

we're all the same...
    people don't even talk to me, i just get this weird look that says "whatever you do, don't mention pearl jam at the astoria" :D

that's true! Whenever i enter the room now, a silence takes over...they all look at each other as if to say "don't mention it under any circumstances"! i feel so alone here!

• I think what i'm gonna do, is get a red white and blue sweat band from ebay (thanks for the link) and wear that. I will probably also closer to the time tell you all what i'll be wearing and post another picture of me so you can all see me and say "Jeez another crazy Pearl Jam fan over there!"
    that's true! Whenever i enter the room now, a silence takes over...they all look at each other as if to say "don't mention it under any circumstances"! i feel so alone here!
    The tickets incident drove me crazy yesterday tho

• Chime wrote:
    I have one hat in my collection that may pass the Jeff test.

I've been wearing it all winter to keep the old ears warm when walking along the south bank of the thames.

Keep getting told it's 'nice' accompanied by the look that says 'that someone dares to wear it':o

i made a jeff hat thread on the porch. you should post pictures :D
    The tickets incident drove me crazy yesterday tho

i was excited!

whats the link to the page where you can actually log in and add your profile?

• Everyone knows how exicted I get when Pearl jam is involved,... but even they are surprised.... mutual friedns between me and I Scot ID are really confused....
  • i made a jeff hat thread on the porch. you should post pictures :D

what's the link?
  • whats the link to the page where you can actually log in and add your profile?

go here: http://www.pjlondonastoria2006.blogspot.com/

and click 'blog this' at the top of the page. i think. took me a while to figure out too.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    i made a jeff hat thread on the porch. you should post pictures :D

I'm a bit of a technophobe so that would involve me having to actually work out how to get the photos off my digital camera and onto the computer :o

If I manage to get off work early and meet you guys at the George I promise to bring my hat so the group can determine whether it could possibly pass as a Jeff hat and so that it can be photographed and added to the thread :cool:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?