Astorians with tickets

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    V V wrote:
    Good morning :)

I was just having pangs of sadness for what we will be missing this summer :(
    Heres a little reminder ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez2u-D_aifk

p.s whats the music they have used ??

Hey VV! Yeah... a shame about Glastonbury. Last year I told my daughter that I would take her 'next year'! This is probably the only festival I would take her at the moment. I still think Reading is a bit too much for younger kids.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Chime wrote:
    So I should be happy I can't get MSN to work? :o:p

oooh i dont know... my nuggets of wit make it worthwhile... and thats just for me ;):D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    redrock wrote:
    Hey VV! Yeah... a shame about Glastonbury. Last year I told my daughter that I would take her 'next year'! This is probably the only festival I would take her at the moment. I still think Reading is a bit too much for younger kids.

yes , i agree we normaly take the children to Glasto. but i wounldnt to Reading tho. mine are a bit younger. their time will come and they can go to Reading etc on their own.

so who on here has MSN ???? :D want to add me ?
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    V V wrote:
    yes , i agree we normaly take the children to Glasto. but i wounldnt to Reading tho. mine are a bit younger. their time will come and they can go to Reading etc on their own.

so who on here has MSN ???? :D want to add me ?

I will when i get home ;-)

Out of interest, any of you lot doing the euro tour bus thing???
    Im thinking on it for Lisbon Madrid then the Italian leg. THough hostel / train woudl be about the same if not cheaper, the hassle factor would be removed, but so would the adventure, i guess! ANy thoughts?
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Morning all.

God I'm really sore today :( That's what exercise does to you. Don't do it kids! :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    i would love to , it would be a great thing to do , loads of fun :D
    only Dublin for me
    Do it Danmac !!! :D:D

oh and my msn thing is pinkv@hotmail.co.uk ;)
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    danmac wrote:
    I will when i get home ;-)

Out of interest, any of you lot doing the euro tour bus thing???
    Im thinking on it for Lisbon Madrid then the Italian leg. THough hostel / train woudl be about the same if not cheaper, the hassle factor would be removed, but so would the adventure, i guess! ANy thoughts?

Hi danmac - this thread will give you all info. Somewhere it has a link/shows who is going (confirmed and unconfirmed).

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=187920

I think a couple of the Astoria crew are doing bits and pieces of it (except AMENt TO THAT and Pinon who are doing the lot!).

GO FOR IT! It's looks like it could be sooooo much fun - an experience of a lifetime! But be quick... :D:D
    redrock wrote:
    Hi danmac - this thread will give you all info. Somewhere it has a link/shows who is going (confirmed and unconfirmed).

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=187920

I think a couple of the Astoria crew are doing bits and pieces of it (except AMENt TO THAT and Pinon who are doing the lot!).

GO FOR IT! It's looks like it could be sooooo much fun - an experience of a lifetime! But be quick... :D:D

Hello rocky!

Cheers for the link, will check it out at lunch. Are you doing any of the euro shows? Any english peeps doing it?

Viva Zapatista!
    danmac wrote:
    Hello rocky!

Cheers for the link, will check it out at lunch. Are you doing any of the euro shows? Any english peeps doing it?

Only Dublin and Antwerp. As much as I would have loved to do lots more (Prague, Italian leg - especially Pistoia and Verona - oh, hell.. all of them!), I can't due to 'other' commitments such as family, etc. (these dates being during the school term). The touring bus thing seems really great - did you see pictures of the 'bus'?
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I may be doing Verona if there are any tickets left by the time I get some money together :rolleyes:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    danmac wrote:
    Any english peeps doing it?

i'm doing the whole lot but seeing as you specifically asked for English peeps then i bid ye farewell and hope you enjoy it!!! ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    redrock wrote:
    Only Dublin and Antwerp. As much as I would have loved to do lots more (Prague, Italian leg - especially Pistoia and Verona - oh, hell.. all of them!), I can't due to 'other' commitments such as family, etc. (these dates being during the school term). The touring bus thing seems really great - did you see pictures of the 'bus'?

Just had a blimp now. Looks cool. Bit dark and dingy but would probably beat a train and or hostel! Choices, choices, choices. I wanted the PJ thing sorted before we go away for the family holiday at end of June, so I didnt have to worry about cash when I got back. (im sort of self employed so if i dont work i dont get paid) Looking long term, once I paid off the holiday next week, I dont think ill be able to afford the time off for the Lisbon/Madrid leg, which will be a huge set of sweaty gonads, hence the search for the cheapest travel alternatives I can find!

Viva Zapatista!
    danmac wrote:
    Just had a blimp now. Looks cool. Bit dark and dingy but would probably beat a train and or hostel! Choices, choices, choices. I wanted the PJ thing sorted before we go away for the family holiday at end of June, so I didnt have to worry about cash when I got back. (im sort of self employed so if i dont work i dont get paid) Looking long term, once I paid off the holiday next week, I dont think ill be able to afford the time off for the Lisbon/Madrid leg, which will be a huge set of sweaty gonads, hence the search for the cheapest travel alternatives I can find!

Only the pics are a bit dark and dingy! What??? You're leaving the little lady at home to care for the rugrats while you have the time of your life doing the Italian leg (and maybe even Madrid and Lisbon)? Talk about being a responsible family man (OK... so you are having a family holiday)...:D:D

Sort of self-employed? Is that like sort of pregnant? What you do?
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    danmac wrote:

Ah a man with priorities ;):D
    I need a coffee!
    redrock wrote:
    Only the pics are a bit dark and dingy! What??? You're leaving the little lady at home to care for the rugrats while you have the time of your life doing the Italian leg (and maybe even Madrid and Lisbon)? Talk about being a responsible family man (OK... so you are having a family holiday)...:D:D

Sort of self-employed? Is that like sort of pregnant? What you do?

Right...its complicated! I am long separated from my daughter's momma, and will be taking her away with the current missus mac. I have her at weekends and holidays, and Italy will be the first weekend I dont have her in years. (she's six but makes me feel sixty!!!) I moved the family holiday from August/Sept to June to accomodate the PJ tour, I admit that much! bUt that always took priority over any PJ tour, and its all worked out nicely now we found a good deal on a week in Turkey for the 3 of us.
    The other half will (maybe, perhaps, one day she is, th enxt she isn't, its that sort of relationship) be coming to Dublin and Leeds, and Madrid if we do that.

I work in civil engineering, an IT contractor sort of thing.

Anything else rocky? Inside leg measurement? LONG...

Viva Zapatista!
    danmac wrote:
    Right...its complicated! I am long separated from my daughter's momma, and will be taking her away with the current missus mac. I have her at weekends and holidays, and Italy will be the first weekend I dont have her in years. (she's six but makes me feel sixty!!!) I moved the family holiday from August/Sept to June to accomodate the PJ tour, I admit that much! bUt that always took priority over any PJ tour, and its all worked out nicely now we found a good deal on a week in Turkey for the 3 of us.
    The other half will (maybe, perhaps, one day she is, th enxt she isn't, its that sort of relationship) be coming to Dublin and Leeds, and Madrid if we do that.

I work in civil engineering, an IT contractor sort of thing.

Bloody hell.... wasn't expecting so much.

Anything else? Let's see..... ;) ah yes... tats - you've got tats.... Oh, forget it - you'll have to show them to me in Dublin!
    redrock wrote:
    Bloody hell.... wasn't expecting so much.

Anything else? Let's see..... ;) ah yes... tats - you've got tats.... Oh, forget it - you'll have to show them to me in Dublin!

2 Japanese sleeves to the wrist. Back coverd in an (unfinished and probably never will be) American Indian Thunderbird thing. Yeah, you wont be able to miss me in Dublin!

Viva Zapatista!
    danmac wrote:
    2 Japanese sleeves to the wrist. Back coverd in an (unfinished and probably never will be) American Indian Thunderbird thing. Yeah, you wont be able to miss me in Dublin!

Nice.. I love tats. Why don't you get your back finished?
    danmac wrote:

Can i help with that ?? :D

**goes off to find tape measure**
    redrock wrote:
    Nice.. I love tats. Why don't you get your back finished?

Its a long story, but my days under the needle are more than likely over!

And V V, you can help measure me anytime! (just not in front of the missus, as she's a little sensitive around the idea of another woman touching me!)

Viva Zapatista!
    Down, girl... down! Easy now!
    danmac wrote:

And V V, you can help measure me anytime! (just not in front of the missus, as she's a little sensitive around the idea of another woman touching me!)

Going to have to hear that story when in Dublin!

I'm gonna have one more done and then that's it!
    Tats make people cooler ;):D:p :cool: :eek: :rolleyes:
    I need a coffee!
    danmac wrote:

we'll have to find a lil measuring corner in Dublin ;)

redrock Down, girl... down! Easy now! :( , i'll just make a cuppa then !
    Irish Al wrote:
    Tats make people cooler ;):D:p :cool: :eek: :rolleyes:

Don't know if it makes people cooler or not. It's just very old and traditional (at least in some societies!). I just really like body art!
    V V wrote:

redrock Down, girl... down! Easy now! :( , i'll just make a cuppa then !

*IN BEST FATHER TED MODE* "Down with that sort of thing" "Careful now" :D:D
    I need a coffee!
    redrock wrote:
    Don't know if it makes people cooler or not. It's just very old and traditional (at least in some societies!). I just really like body art!

I tried to make the sarcasim obvious, I agree. There is definitly something about when you get one, that feeling.....you need more :)
    I need a coffee!
    V V wrote:

I can bring my tape measure!!! :D:D:D
    Irish Al wrote:
    I tried to make the sarcasim obvious, I agree. There is definitly something about when you get one, that feeling.....you need more :)

Very addictive (but also gets expensive). I'm just getting some on body parts that won't sag with age! Limits a lady!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    oooh i dont know... my nuggets of wit make it worthwhile... and thats just for me ;):D

Damn the firewall :mad: it's not my computer so can't start messing with it :o, not that it has stopped me with the occassional PJ download (all hidden in a folder they hopefully won't find :eek: )

All you mocking me with your MSN abilities :(

:p
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?