Astorians with tickets

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    UKDave wrote:
    Other two were harsh as well, I'll now be on 9pts until October next year........!!! :eek:

81 in a 70
    48 in a 40 (which I thought was a 50)
    38 in a 30

Hardly Michael fecking Schumacher is it.....!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Maybe not but I guess when you look at it from a percent point of view....

Still harsh! October next year?!?!?!
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    redrock wrote:
    Maybe not but I guess when you look at it from a percent point of view....

Still harsh! October next year?!?!?!

Yeah... circumstances though:

1st one: on way back from Dad's funeral... crap journey back from York... 15 miles from home, road finally frees up and just wanted to get home

2nd one: On way to Birmingham airport, looking for where to park car, dual carriageway, central reservation, goes from 60 to 40 in a blink, missed it looking for directions...

3rd one: Lost on way to wedding evening do... don't even know where it was...

:( :(
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    You just have to try and be careful now....
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Nahhh... there's a detroit thread somewhere.... I vote for that one :cool:

you would :rolleyes:

are you in on this as well Hells ???
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838

Do you think it should have it's own thread to attract some of the Astorians that don't read this thread .......
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    UKDave wrote:
    You know with the setlists flying around so far and the band dropping in local references like Kick Out The Jams in Detroit I'm starting to get my hopes up for one of........

Leash
    Thin Lizzy tag

In Dublin :o:D:D :cool:

i'm not hopeful of Leash... not that i care, but i know you do.. big part of me thinks they will never play it again as it seems to wind some of the Yanks up big time!! :D

i personally would like to see less of the first 2 albums... as in none... and more from Vitalogy/NoCode/Yield... how they can skip past Faithful or In Hiding at every gig defies belief.. Habit... Sometimes... Brain of J.. No Way.. In My Tree... i think i dont need to hear Betterman or Even Flow again... but if they play them at Dublin i'd still be ecstatic.. i would just rather hear other songs :o

my bet is for a U2 tag though Dave... Bad probably :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    redrock wrote:
    You just have to try and be careful now....

Yes mum... :p:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Chime wrote:
    Do you think it should have it's own thread to attract some of the Astorians that don't read this thread .......

no......... ;)

its up to Dave though.. hes the ringmaster.. i'm not bothered... if we do it on this one the post count goes higher :D
    Chime wrote:

Maybe to advertise it yeah :rolleyes: but this should be the host... :cool:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095

Doubt it. Can't guarantee I'll have my boot by then - and can't guarantee I'll have computer access... also, wouldn't there be synchronisation issues between those with MP3 and those with flac??? Considering the gap between MP3's.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    i'm not hopeful of Leash... not that i care, but i know you do.. big part of me thinks they will never play it again as it seems to wind some of the Yanks up big time!! :D

i personally would like to see less of the first 2 albums... as in none... and more from Vitalogy/NoCode/Yield... how they can skip past Faithful or In Hiding at every gig defies belief.. Habit... Sometimes... Brain of J.. No Way.. In My Tree... i think i dont need to hear Betterman or Even Flow again... but if they play them at Dublin i'd still be ecstatic.. i would just rather hear other songs :o

my bet is for a U2 tag though Dave... Bad probably :)

I saw Sometimes, In Hiding and Habit at Wembley. There was someone chating for Brain of J for quite a lot of the gig :o
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Afternoon pop pickers! Visited the dentist this morning. It's weird...last time I went he said I needed to have 8 fillings done. This time he said I need to have 4 done and two replaced. I smell a conspiracy! Maybe it was my lack of enthusiasm for going back and forking out the cash, and actually getting the work done before which has caused him to lower the stakes? I have always suspected that they are money grabbing sadists. Tell me if I'm wrong....?
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    A flow??

Where when? (too lazy to read back) :p
    VV, keep me posted
    :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
    V V wrote:
    easeeeeeee OFF the gas Dave !!

ok fussy wussy's i'm off to gym tots :D , let me know what time Thursday , oh wait I got a meeting at 10 wont be home till 12 ish ...... would that fit in with everyone else ??? i'll make sure i got my T-shirt on too ;)

let me know byesss XXXX

VV... can the meeting... put it back... go drunk... we're going for 8pm... don't think there'll be many takers that late on...

You are even allowed to pass out at the appropriate time just to make it more realistic... ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Hi Buru! All is well with you? How about your Dad?
    Doubt it. Can't guarantee I'll have my boot by then - and can't guarantee I'll have computer access... also, wouldn't there be synchronisation issues between those with MP3 and those with flac??? Considering the gap between MP3's.

Synchronising won't matter too much... the time it takes to post on here means it'll never be spot on... it's the spirit of the thing... ;)

When you getting your boot?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Buru wrote:
    A flow??

Where when? (too lazy to read back) :p
    VV, keep me posted
    :D

8pm Thursday....

Yeah how's your dad?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    wouldn't there be synchronisation issues between those with MP3 and those with flac??? Considering the gap between MP3's.

***Bangs head off wall!!!!!!!!!!***

as explained before ;) you can eliminate gaps between MP3s with consumate ease... using iTunes as your player... you can also make discs using mp3s and set the gap between songs to 0secs and it plays just like the gig!!! this way we can all be semi-synchronal :p
    UKDave wrote:

When you getting your boot?

Matt said he would hopefully be posting them today so should have them tomorrow / Thursday. I have my mp3 copy if it hasn't arrived by then.

Helen?
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    redrock wrote:
    Hi Buru! All is well with you? How about your Dad?

All is well so far :)
    Operation was a success, it seems.
    Now.... rehab time for my dad's hip

8 pm thursday... will try to make it!
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
    I'm doing my Blue Peter bit at the moment at work and cutting and pasting the covers for the Chicago 1 c.d's. You should all have them by the end of the week. :D
    Chime wrote:

** Coughs inconspicuously **

There is now another thread advertising this event... thanks Dunk & Chime for your responses...

Suggest we keep that one bouncing along until Thursday too... ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    ***Bangs head off wall!!!!!!!!!!***

as explained before ;) you can eliminate gaps between MP3s with consumate ease... using iTunes as your player... you can also make discs using mp3s and set the gap between songs to 0secs and it plays just like the gig!!! this way we can all be semi-synchronal :p

Any chance you can bang a bit harder dunk? ;)

:p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I'm doing my Blue Peter bit at the moment at work and cutting and pasting the covers for the Chicago 1 c.d's. You should all have them by the end of the week. :D

The covers only of course... because you have a good printer and we don't! ;);)
    redrock wrote:
    The covers only of course... because you have a good printer and we don't! ;);)

Exactamondo!
    Chime wrote:
    Matt said he would hopefully be posting them today so should have them tomorrow / Thursday. I have my mp3 copy if it hasn't arrived by then.

Helen?
    Well I presume I'll get mine Thursday or Friday. I don't have the MP3 though - cos it's that thing that has to be 'un' somethinged.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Any chance you can bang a bit harder dunk? ;)

:p

depends how in the mood i am... but yes i can go to "train piston mode" if required :p
    depends how in the mood i am... but yes i can go to "train piston mode" if required :p

LMFAO... :D:D getting weird looks now.... :cool:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    yes i can go to "train piston mode" if required :p

What, you mean they've got steam power in Scotland now? I didn't realise Fred Dibnah made it that far north? :D

Byrnzie now sits tapping his fingers in anticipation of Dunkman's cutting and witty response.........
    Well I presume I'll get mine Thursday or Friday. I don't have the MP3 though - cos it's that thing that has to be 'un' somethinged.

The mp3 one is quite straightforward (I managed it :o ). It arrives in .rar and just needs extracting. I did a post for Stoney on this on the Astoria boot thread (in too much detail) if you want to try it.