Astorians with tickets

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    what women wants a guy thats wears slippers and falls asleep watching Coronation street with the newspaper at his face???...

surely women want a bloke who drags a 6ft long bench along the streets of his hometown and then puts it in front of the local police station and proceeds to take shirt off and lie on it pretending its a sun-bed :)

Yeah... don't like/don't watch coronation street.

OK, so you've got a point there. BTW - is that something you did? The bench thing, not coronation street!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Keithos wrote:
    Me and my business partner just dare each other to do stupid things... We once got drunk on free champagne and a celebrity art auction and dared each other to bid on loads of difference paintings (thinking we'd get out bid) but we ended up winning them all... what and expensive night that was :(

ooohh i feel somewhat uncouth by my drunken exploits in comparison to your nouveau riche exploits!! ;)

dragging a bench to the police station took more drunken endurance though :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Keithos wrote:
    Me and my business partner just dare each other to do stupid things... We once got drunk on free champagne and a celebrity art auction and dared each other to bid on loads of difference paintings (thinking we'd get out bid) but we ended up winning them all... what and expensive night that was :(

So it's a bloke thing :rolleyes: :p So what is the return dare if you dye your hair pink?

Did you actually like the paintings you ended up buying?
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    ooohh i feel somewhat uncouth by my drunken exploits in comparison to your nouveau riche exploits!! ;)

dragging a bench to the police station took more drunken endurance though :)

Oh, I've got plenty of them... :P
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Keithos wrote:
    Oh, I've got plenty of them... :P

Howdy Keith...you have been conspicuous by your absence old bean!

By the way, that last Italy date - Pistoia - looks quite tempting to me for reasons I can't quite fathom. :confused:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Howdy Keith...you have been conspicuous by your absence old bean!

I've been up to no good :P
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Lol, so is this a macho thing now where you all see who did the funniest drunken thing?

Hmm... I bet I could compete for that prize :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Lol, so is this a macho thing now where you all see who did the funniest drunken thing?

Well.... we're waiting.... what have you got to say?
    Chime wrote:
    So it's a bloke thing :rolleyes: :p So what is the return dare if you dye your hair pink?

Did you actually like the paintings you ended up buying?

I've yet to think of the return dare :P

Yeah - the paintings were nice... so not all bad!!!

I've run naked to the end of my friends cul-de-sac and back for a drunken bet. :D
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I've run naked to the end of my friends cul-de-sac and back for a drunken bet. :D

Good work!!!
    Byrnzie wrote:

Lol, shite well I'm gonna have to think about THE most stupid drunken thing... oh maybe when I was in Paris and was drinking with a group of Croatian lads and they said they were having a party in the hotel - so I went as the only non croat and the only girl. We got into the bus and I fell asleep - next day I found out we were FOUR HOURS outside of Paris. They were all great craic and we'd a good laugh but that was pretty fucking stupid.

I never stripped off though - lol, that's a good one though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Nah, see it’s not things I’ve DONE… I just get myself into quite comical situations :o . Some people won’t even go out with me cos they never know where it will end up – others go out with me BECAUSE of that.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Nah, see it’s not things I’ve DONE… I just get myself into quite comical situations :o . Some people won’t even go out with me cos they never know where it will end up – others go out with me BECAUSE of that.

The kicking in of door and nicking t.v episode was also fuelled by the demon drink. The fella had been chased out of town by some heavies a month or so before and didn't ever come back to the place, so it wasn't THAT bad. :cool:
    I'm sure there will be lots of drunken antics on the tour ;)
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    did someone mention PINK ??? hahaha

i use umm stargazer Magenta ! , love it after the 1st wash but it fades too quick
    so do we get to see pics Keith ?? :)

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 4 weeks ago tonight or today :) cant believe its only 4 seems like a life time ago :(
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    The kicking in of door and nicking t.v episode was also fuelled by the demon drink. The fella had been chased out of town by some heavies a month or so before and didn't ever come back to the place, so it wasn't THAT bad. :cool:

Lol, well I had to break into a garage once cos I lost my sister at a nightclub and went back to hers forgetting that we were supposed to be staying at her boyfriends that night. I'd no money, no phone and no key :o and it was the coldest night of 2000 :o . So I had to break into the garage and found an old roll of carpet to curl up in - luckily I had company though ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Keithos wrote:
    I'm sure there will be lots of drunken antics on the tour ;)

Ooohh, I bet there will :D

There wasn't really much scandal from the Astoria though, was there?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I can't remember my worse moments (due to alcohol induced amnesia) and I REFUSE to believe the things that people tell me happened! :D
    redrock wrote:
    I can't remember my worse moments (due to alcohol induced amnesia) and I REFUSE to believe the things that people tell me happened! :D

Lol, me too! But I had so many of those that unless I remember it happening, it didn't happen :o

And that's that, you can fill me with as much shite as you want but I won't believe a word of it. Fucking hate flashbacks though :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Lol, well I had to break into a garage once cos I lost my sister at a nightclub and went back to hers forgetting that we were supposed to be staying at her boyfriends that night. I'd no money, no phone and no key :o and it was the coldest night of 2000 :o . So I had to break into the garage and found an old roll of carpet to curl up in - luckily I had company though ;)

Sounds like you know how to woo the men!! Sleeping in old rolls of carpet in broken-into garages!! He he! Unless when you say company you mean there was a rat in there? :D
    V V wrote:
    did someone mention PINK ??? hahaha

i use umm stargazer Magenta ! , love it after the 1st wash but it fades too quick
    so do we get to see pics Keith ?? :)

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 4 weeks ago tonight or today :) cant believe its only 4 seems like a life time ago :(

Yep - You'll get pictures!!!

I find all the bright colours fade quickly too :(
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Sounds like you know how to woo the men!! Sleeping in old rolls of carpet in broken into garages!! He he! Unless when you say company you mean there was a rat in there? :D

Lol, well I didn't see any :o but when I say I broke into the garage I mean he did and it was one of those really big ones that they have in apartment buildings. It was absolutely fucking horrible cos it was still so cold. We tried sleeping in bus shelters but it turns out they don't give any shelter at all. And cos it was so late and this is just a really big estate there was nobody to ask was there anywhere we could go - like even the police station or something, I'm sure they'd let us use a phone. Since that night I've just looked so differently at homeless people.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    you say this like its a bad song .... ;)

i love this song... its a classic booze up chanting song... and its shit easy to play on guitar :)

That it is....but when you're hearing for the 50th time in succession, it can get a little tiresome.

She went through a similar phase with Rear View Mirror too....so you know, swings and roundabouts.

The Scots do go nuts for The Proclaimers though....at T in the Park a couple of years ago there were more folk crowded round the main stage for them than there were for R.E.M.!!
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Keithos wrote:
    Yep - You'll get pictures!!!

I find all the bright colours fade quickly too :(

:cool: be good to see the pics.

Seen as this is being done as dare thought you would be glad the pink will fade quickly :p
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    That it is....but when you're hearing for the 50th time in succession, it can get a little tiresome.

She went through a similar phase with Rear View Mirror too....so you know, swings and roundabouts.

The Scots do go nuts for The Proclaimers though....at T in the Park a couple of years ago there were more folk crowded round the main stage for them than there were for R.E.M.!!

Lol, I used to love 500 miles - when I lived in London I used to go to The Swan in Stockwell (as any Irish person who's ever lived in London did) and as soon as the DJ saw me he used to put it on - it was great :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Chime wrote:
    :cool: be good to see the pics.

Seen as this is being done as dare thought you would be glad the pink will fade quickly :p

Lol, yep maybe he's not quite as annoyed as he's letting on :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Lol, I used to love 500 miles - when I lived in London I used to go to The Swan in Stockwell (as any Irish person who's ever lived in London did) and as soon as the DJ saw me he used to put it on - it was great :)

I like the Peter, Paul, and Mary song called 500 miles - Nick Cave covered it a while back. Looovely song. Don't think it's the same one your talking about. I could be wrong.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I like the Peter, Paul, and Mary song called 500 miles - Nick Cave covered it a while back. Looovely song. Don't think it's the same one your talking about. I could be wrong.

Hmmmmmm..... no I wouldn't say it's the same one :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Lol, yep maybe he's not quite as annoyed as he's letting on :D

I admit it... kind of looking forward to it. I like doing funny things to my hair. I have had some REALLY bad hair cuts - you can see some here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonny_rio/sets/507667/

:P