Astorians with tickets

Comments

• KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    See this is gonna sound really shallow, but I just couldn't date someone who's taste in music is so different to mine.

I lived with one of my (ex) girlfriends who only liked gangsta hiphop... that wasn't good at all! :(
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Wouldn't we all?!! I mean even straight men would, so obviously us ladies would ;):D

Actually there is a whole list of guys I would act upon but thank the lord above, they are all actors/rock stars so out of my league and unattainable! Dream on!
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Keithos wrote:
    I lived with one of my (ex) girlfriends who only liked gangsta hiphop... that wasn't good at all! :(

I hope you didn't allow her access to the stereo! :eek: LOL :D I certainly wouldn't have done!
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    wow... for a guy who couldnt use smileys the other day.....RED TEXT :p

Sorry, been in a meeting. I know, it took me a while to work it out. I'm beating my chest (that's 'my chest') with pride! :D
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Chime wrote:
    Ah same one as just after Astoria? ;) Just how crap taste? Maybe she should be taken to The Who?

*** scratches head ***

Just after Astoria? have I mentioned this before.......?

:eek: oh no... that was someone else...!! :eek: no, that's a no go... ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    See this is gonna sound really shallow, but I just couldn't date someone who's taste in music is so different to mine. Guess because music is such a big part of my life, it would be so difficult.

*sighs* This is another reason i'll end up alone, I'm far too fussy. Oh well nevermind, plenty of other ways to keep myself amused I guess.

music tastes are an interesting thing when it comes to relationships.

I've never gone out with someone who liked exactly the same stuff as me. My ex who i was with for 5 years had completely different tastes to me.....this is the woman who once fell asleep at a Pearl Jam gig....maybe that was the beginning of the end!. But anyway...i was with her for 5 years and I guess i just always kept my music kinda seperate.

My current girl, although her favourite band is also PJ, we don't share that many tastes in music...though theres enough so we do want to see some shows together.

I don't think it matters too much......:-)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Oh yes, they are the best kinds. Weekends only ;):D
    Yep and yet we STILL managed to fall out :confused:

Stupid fucker tried to make me leave a pub :eek: and it wasn’t even closing time :eek: . Well we’d been drinking from about 11 that morning and went to a six nations rugby match and then kept drinking as you do… but he just couldn’t keep up.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Yep and yet we STILL managed to fall out :confused:

Stupid fucker tried to make me leave a pub :eek: and it wasn’t even closing time :eek: . Well we’d been drinking from about 11 that morning and went to a six nations rugby match and then kept drinking as you do… but he just couldn’t keep up.

Was he Irish as well??? I thought Irish and Scots could drink on forever!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    UKDave wrote:
    *** scratches head ***

Just after Astoria? have I mentioned this before.......?

:eek: oh no... that was someone else...!! :eek: no, that's a no go... ;)

Dave the player. Did they overlap :o:p
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    I hope you didn't allow her access to the stereo! :eek: LOL :D I certainly wouldn't have done!

I tried as hard as I could... but then it caused more arguments when I wanted to play my guitars loudly!
    He didn’t like PJ though – but he at least TRIED to like them. Let me show him the dvd and all. We still keep in touch and he pretended to be interested when I went to Astoria which was better than most people could manage :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Chime wrote:

Yeah! Where do you find all these women? I'm assuming they are women?!! :eek: ;)

I never find a guy who I'm vaguely interested in, yet alone go on dates with them?!! :eek:

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Keithos wrote:

I had a house mate in the room above mine that played Wu-Tang at 6 in the morning :eek:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    He didn’t like PJ though – but he at least TRIED to like them. Let me show him the dvd and all. We still keep in touch and he pretended to be interested when I went to Astoria which was better than most people could manage :o

Maybe it's worse having a boyfriend who likes PJ though. I mean if you were to split up, there's the messy issue of the PJ merchandise and CD's etc. :confused:

Rockin' out to Creadles
    redrock wrote:
    Northern Irish! Him and his friend I think were from the middle of nowhere. My friend and I met them AT Ireland V All-blacks and she was going out with his friend and we were kinda double dating it. They couldn’t handle their drink at ALL though and we used to have to carry them home, lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    Chime wrote:
    I had a house mate in the room above mine that played Wu-Tang at 6 in the morning :eek:

That's getting off easy....

I had a flat mate a year or so ago that would play Disturbed's The Sickness on repeat for hours.

Not even the album, just that one song.

Then she changed it to playing The Proclaimers 500 Miles on repeat.

Then I moved out...
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
    Right, I’m off home :) chat tomorrow.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Chime wrote:

Not good at all!!!
    Yep bye Helen :D

Time for me to go also. Catch you all tomorrow, if not before :D:D

xxxxxxxxx

Have fun tonight Dave ;):p

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    redrock wrote:
    That's one I would act upon!

oh YES :D:D:D:D:D

even Mr. VV and the Kids know that ! hahaha
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    bye HH and SGS ! :) xxxx

time to cook dinner ! see u late ppl :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Chime wrote:

When I lived in Brighton I lived with my two gay landlords and they used to blast Erasure, and Dolly parton through the front window. I would then attempt to outblast them by playing the Butthole Surfers at maximum volume through my bedroom window. You can imagine what someone walking past the front of the house would have thought. Dolly parton vs The Butthole Surfers = :eek:
    Chime wrote:

Hardly!! :p

Yeah there was a degree of cross over in the early dates but that's ok isn't it...? :o

Right, gotta go, got dragged into a discussion at work and it's messing with my plans for tonight!! :mad:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Yep bye Helen :D

Time for me to go also. Catch you all tomorrow, if not before :D:D

xxxxxxxxx

Have fun tonight Dave ;):p

Thanks stoney ;) this doesn't mess with our wonderful relationship does it...?!! :eek:

Later everyone :D:p
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    redrock wrote:

as the astoria pub thing afterwards shows.... only the latter is true :)

i could have went on drinking until breakfast time... but i didnt want to drink on my own :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Then she changed it to playing The Proclaimers 500 Miles on repeat....

you say this like its a bad song .... ;)

i love this song... its a classic booze up chanting song... and its shit easy to play on guitar :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    so i just read that Daves on another date... so if he's back on here by 11pm then he didnt strike it lucky ;)

also i discovered Redrock was a bit of a go-er in her pre-marriage days... which is alright :cool:

Keithos is only about 27 and he's had a girlfriend since the age of 6 it would seem... jammy bugger :p

HHelen thinks 6 months constitutes enough of a commitment and then she shags someone else :)

Stoney and Chime are both single and both seem to like it... which is nice, although perhaps you two should "conduct experiments" when you next meet and maybe PM me the results :o

VV likes to window shop :)

Foxymop hasnt said owt yet and is therefore a bit of a dirty cow... :o

Dave is just a pimp :cool: .... bitches all over the place it would seem... man i'm so jealous!!

so thats been an entertaining few pages of reading... many thanks.. now i have to watch Ronaldinho (2nd greatest player ever after the god that is Maradona) do tricks on the telly...
    UKDave wrote:
    Thanks stoney ;) this doesn't mess with our wonderful relationship does it...?!! :eek:

Later everyone :D:p

Of course not babe ;) I rather like the idea of an open relationship :cool:

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Stoney and Chime are both single and both seem to like it... which is nice, although perhaps you two should "conduct experiments" when you next meet and maybe PM me the results :o

:rolleyes: I have no decent come back to this answer so there :p
    Dave is just a pimp :cool: .... bitches all over the place it would seem... man i'm so jealous!!

Well isn't that obvious. I mean, come on!! :D:p
    so thats been an entertaining few pages of reading... many thanks.. now i have to watch Ronaldinho (2nd greatest player ever after the god that is Maradona) do tricks on the telly...

Match was good wasn't it Dunk! I was hoping Barcelona would win. I mean Arsenal cheat half of the time anyway! ;)

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Match was good wasn't it Dunk! I was hoping Barcelona would win. I mean Arsenal cheat half of the time anyway! ;)

nah... i wanted Barca to win.. but i felt bad for Arsenal as well, being british and all.. but Barca are my team and i have to support them :)

did you know Maradona once played for Barca?? :rolleyes:

what you listening to tonight Stoney!! i'm on Torntotonro 2 as i havent listened to it yet start to finish...

and your Dublin situation is shit!! my boss is on 2 weeks leave at the same tiem as Dublin, but he is so grossly inept at his job that i spoke to the Service Manager and asked if it was ok to go at the same time as him... he was absolutely fine, but if he hadnt been i was going to force his hand and suggest i might leave...

this band does weird stuff to you!!