Options

Berlin(Checkpoint Eddie) - Berlin - 23.09.06

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    K.T. wrote:
    huge stand that sells EVERYTHING from "Haribo"..

What is it with Haribo? There was a MASSIVE Haribo stand in Antwerp (along with the waffle one!)

Weird.....
  • Options
    deep_schismicdeep_schismic Bremen, Germany Posts: 158
    K.T. wrote:
    One thing I forgot about: Every other gig I´ve been to there (and everywhere in Berlin for that matter) has travelling costs included in the ticket price, so you won´t need to worry about that at least!!!

That's one of the truly awesome things about Germany...pretty much any concert u attend includes public transport use for the day. In australia you pay a shitload for a ticket anyway, and they make you pay for pretty much everything...bastards!
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • Options
    I can't wait for this show also, Berlin seems to be a special place for the band, great, great setlists in 1996 and 2000.

We are ready to rock!!! almost a week before the show :D

What about the post party meet up?
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    just got this email from Tickets.de to clarify the times, etc.
    Dear tickets.de user,

only a few days until you will see Pearl Jam and The Black Keys live at the Wuhlheide in Berlin.

We will arrange the admission as uncomplicated as possible:

* Online tickets can be scanned at every entrance barrier - you can queue up at every barrier that way without wasting time.

* The doors will open at 5:00 pm

* The intended time schedule is as follows:
    The Black Keys: approx. 7:15 pm
    Pearl Jam: approx. 8:30 pm

* If you wish to collect the hardticket, you can exchange the online ticket into the original ticket directly after the show at the main exit..

Enjoy the concert!

© Copyright MCT 1993 - 2006
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • Options
    I can't wait for this show also, Berlin seems to be a special place for the band, great, great setlists in 1996 and 2000.

We are ready to rock!!! almost a week before the show :D

What about the post party meet up?

wouldn't mind posting those setlists would you?:)
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
  • Options
    does anyone know how the sound is at this venue? most outdoor shows ive been to have suffered from weak quiet sound, does the bowl effect of this venue help keepthe sound loud?
  • Options
    mancore wrote:
    does anyone know how the sound is at this venue? most outdoor shows ive been to have suffered from weak quiet sound, does the bowl effect of this venue help keepthe sound loud?

it is an amphitheater, so it should be pretty good acoustically!
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
  • Options
    it is an amphitheater, so it should be pretty good acoustically!

Thats true! I`ve been to about four shows @ wuhlheide (including Pearl Jam) and acoustic was amazing as far as i remember....!!!!!!!!

Is anyone up to search for Eddie at Parking Lots shouting out some requests??
  • Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    Can't wait to go ....yyeeaahhhh...i wish it was already next friday at this time then we will be leaving here already and hadding for Berlin...
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    Kyuss28 wrote:
    Thats true! I`ve been to about four shows @ wuhlheide (including Pearl Jam) and acoustic was amazing as far as i remember....!!!!!!!!

Is anyone up to search for Eddie at Parking Lots shouting out some requests??

haha maybe if we show up real early, he'll come out with his eukelele!
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Really looking forward to this gig. Flying from East Midlands on Friday, room for 2 in car from south Wales-anyone want to share the fuel? Also does anyone know a nearby pub that we can get in?
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    Really looking forward to this gig. Flying from East Midlands on Friday, room for 2 in car from south Wales-anyone want to share the fuel? Also does anyone know a nearby pub that we can get in?
    We leave also here on friday but thats from Belgium it's an 7 hour trip for us by car....also looking forward to see them again....greetz Sonja
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    K.T.K.T. Posts: 35
    Ok everyone!!! I know lots of people have been asking how to get to Wuhlheide seeing as it´s in the middle of nowhere! Well, unless you have a car, you´ll most probably be getting there by S-Bahn- Below you´ll find the exact instructions for getting there...Hope this helps!!!

Something to know: The actual S-bahn station Wuhlheide (which is where you will get off) is located about 700 metres from the main entrance of the venue.

There are a few main stations in Berlin that you can easily leave from:
    1. Bahnhof Zoo (about 32 minutes away from venue.)
    2. Friedrichstrasse station (about 24 minutes away from venue.)
    3. Alexanderplatz station (about 19 minutes away from venue.)

These are the easier ones to leave from. Once you arrive in Berlin, pick up a copy of the subway system map, which you can find in any subway station, or information station. That way you can see where exactly you are on the map and how to get to one of the above stations.

Once you get to any of the above mentioned stations, you will look for the 'S-bahn`signs and follow them to the S-bahn platforms. (the stations can be quite confusing, so just follow the green S-bahn sign.) Once you are on the platform you will take the line S3 in the direction of "Erkner" train directly to Wuhlheide. No changes necessary! It´s quite simple really! And I have no doubt that you will see lots of other people on their way to the gig!!!

Once you get off at Wuhlheide, you can´t get lost....just follow the path to the venue!! After the concert, there will be trains taking you back into the city, but they will only be leaving every 20 minutes.....One last point: No need to get any train tickets, your pj ticket doubles as a transportion ticket as well!! I think that´s it!! If I´ve missed anything just let me know!!!
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    What a crazy, crazy world we live in. It seems we are travelling from all over to see PJ in Berlin-I wonder is anybody from Berlin going to the gig? I'm pretty stoked about it all, I must admit. I've seen hundreds of gigs over the last 22 years, but I've never travelled out of the UK to see one. Pearl Jam are the only band that could get me across Europe for a gig-top quality, I saw them in London in '92 and Cardiff in 2000. I reckon their popularity must be almost like Zeppelin in the '70's-only PJ refuse to play the 'game' even more than those guys did. Come on, let's get out there-that German beer is something special also.
    p.s. We are about 2 stops on the underground from the gig (i think), at the Abacus Tierpark Hotel-feel free to come and buy me a drink!!!!
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    Pearl Jam played at Wuhlheide in 2000
    Pixies- 2004
    Red Hot Chili Peppers- 2003, 2006
    Metallica- 2003
    Marilyn Manson- 1999
    Deep Purple- 1999, 2003
    Eric Clapton- 2006
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    What a crazy, crazy world we live in. It seems we are travelling from all over to see PJ in Berlin-I wonder is anybody from Berlin going to the gig? I'm pretty stoked about it all, I must admit. I've seen hundreds of gigs over the last 22 years, but I've never travelled out of the UK to see one. Pearl Jam are the only band that could get me across Europe for a gig-top quality, I saw them in London in '92 and Cardiff in 2000. I reckon their popularity must be almost like Zeppelin in the '70's-only PJ refuse to play the 'game' even more than those guys did. Come on, let's get out there-that German beer is something special also.
    p.s. We are about 2 stops on the underground from the gig (i think), at the Abacus Tierpark Hotel-feel free to come and buy me a drink!!!!

Crazy eh???? People really are coming from EVERYWHERE!!! Surprise, surprise- I am one of the few who is in Berlin and is ABSOLUTELY going!!!! I love that venue....and PJ playing there will just be pure magic................magic.............!!!!!!! A few more days to go people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    K.T. wrote:
    Crazy eh???? People really are coming from EVERYWHERE!!! Surprise, surprise- I am one of the few who is in Berlin and is ABSOLUTELY going!!!! I love that venue....and PJ playing there will just be pure magic................magic.............!!!!!!! A few more days to go people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hello berliner!

whats the weather like just now?
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options

1996-11-03

01. long road
    02. last exit
    03. animal
    04. hail, hail
    05. go
    06. red mosquito
    07. in my tree
    08. corduroy
    09. betterman
    10. lukin
    11. mankind
    12. hunger strike
    13. even flow
    14. daughter/(androgynous mind)/(noise of carpet)
    15. jeremy
    16. sometimes
    17. rearviewmirror
    18. immortality
    19. alive
    20. blood/(fame)/(suck you dry)
    First Encore.._
    21. who you are
    22. state of love and trust
    23. not for you
    24. present tense
    25. leaving here
    26. yellow ledbetter
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

-Barney Gumble-
  • Options

2000-06-25

01. sometimes
    02. corduroy
    03. breakerfall
    04. hail, hail
    05. animal
    06. given to fly
    07. nothing as it seems
    08. in hiding
    09. evacuation
    10. even flow
    11. light years
    12. untitled
    13. mfc
    14. free at last
    15. habit
    16. daughter/(stop your sobbing)/(androgynous mind)
    17. lukin
    18. i got shit
    19. insignificance
    20. not for you
    21. immortality
    22. rearviewmirror
    First Encore.._
    23. sleight of hand
    24. thin air
    25. wishlist
    26. betterman
    27. do the evolution
    28. alive
    29. fuckin' up
    Second Encore.._
    30. soon forget
    31. indifference
    -Tom Waits-

-Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    hello berliner!

whats the weather like just now?
    The weather there is like here in Belgium right now sunny and verry nice( here it's 28 ) and in Berlin like 26 degrees....my brother emailed me yesterday thats why i now..i also asked him because we leave here on friday ....but he says next week it's probertly going to be like 22 degrees so thats not bad as long as we don't get rain it's fine by me...
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    hello there...we're a bunch of swedes showing up in berlin on friday afternoon/evening. we'll be staying in the city centre (near friedrichstrasse)...but we don't know diddlysquat about berlin. so...the question is if any other groups of ppl want to meet up somewhere in town for some pj fun on friday night?

and for the berliners (;))...where should we go on friday night? any suggestions?
  • Options
    Petstran wrote:
    hello there...we're a bunch of swedes showing up in berlin on friday afternoon/evening. we'll be staying in the city centre (near friedrichstrasse)...but we don't know diddlysquat about berlin. so...the question is if any other groups of ppl want to meet up somewhere in town for some pj fun on friday night?

and for the berliners (;))...where should we go on friday night? any suggestions?

Friday night out in Berlin!! wooohooooo!!! What kind of places you looking for and where?? Near Friedrichstrasse?? Have friends coming in for the gig too- would be cool to meet up.......There´s some cool places not too far away from where you guys are staying.....lots of little, hidden bars thrown around the city!!!!!
  • Options
    How about a meet up also on saturday after the show?

I think many people will be arriving till that day, after the show in Prague.

It would be definitely cool to party with you all!! :cool:
    -Tom Waits-

-Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    K.T. wrote:
    Friday night out in Berlin!! wooohooooo!!! What kind of places you looking for and where?? Near Friedrichstrasse?? Have friends coming in for the gig too- would be cool to meet up.......There´s some cool places not too far away from where you guys are staying.....lots of little, hidden bars thrown around the city!!!!!

i'm down with meetin up friday night...i'll be in Berlin from Wednesday actually 20th. We should PM each other and exchange details.
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
  • Options
    we are up for a get together too before and after on saturday...already got the mob number from deep chismic...so as soon as we hit berlin grounds....we wil come looking for you people....should not be to hard ...just gotta look for some people with eyes wide open in anticipation,bouncing up and down because they just can't stop moving and some of you might be high on bleu candy;)
    We wil be there early in the afternoon i hope if traffic is not to bad!!
  • Options
    Hi everybody, Just thought i would say hello cause im going to the berlin show too and will be in berlin on the friday if people are meeting up id be greatful if i could join as i am going by myself
    Dublin '06
    Berlin '06
    Munich '07
  • Options
    i´m confused, is the venue, wuhlheide, the football ground for union berlin, located in kopenick, a suburb on the S3 line, or am i confusing this with somehere else?
  • Options
    EnehEneh Posts: 145
    That football ground is nearby. S-Bahnhof Wuhlheide is an option but you have to walk more (and less choice of trains) than when traveling via S-Bahnhof Schöneweide.

http://www.s-bahn-berlin.de/fahrplanundnetz/sbahnhof_anzeige.php?ID=133

this gets you here:
    click on the button "Anzeige im Stadtplan", there click once "east" and once "northeast" and you see the whole area. The Kindl-Bühne is right next to the FEZ.
  • Options
    well...we're probably aiming for hitting some bars sort of in the vicinity of where we're staying, unless we get any other suggestions. we'll probably be for up for pretty much anything, as long as there's beer and good music involved. pm me or add to msn if you're interested in hanging out