Options

Berlin(Checkpoint Eddie) - Berlin - 23.09.06

Comments

• Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    mancore wrote:
    any plans for a piss up anywhere in berlin before/after show?

and anyone staying at the aparthotel an der spree?
    my hotel is called something spree related i think....
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    mancoremancore Posts: 56
    duggro wrote:
    my hotel is called something spree related i think....

i think spree is the river, so i guess it could be a few hotels with that in the name.
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    mancore wrote:

and anyone staying at the aparthotel an der spree?

Ja, ich wohne an Aparthotel an der Spree von 22/9 bis zum 24/9! :)
    German - along with dutch and finnish - is the funniest language ever!
    Me and a buddy will be staying at Aparthotel an der Spree. Looks as if it's situated just opposite to the park (Wuhlheide). So even though ppl are drunk, there's a good chance of finding home.....
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    German - along with dutch and finnish - is the funniest language ever!
    Me and a buddy will be staying at Aparthotel an der Spree. Looks as if it's situated just opposite to the park (Wuhlheide). So even though ppl are drunk, there's a good chance of finding home.....

my thoughts exactly, just a stroll in the park away.
  • Options
    BunuelBunuel Posts: 35
    We (finns) will be at the aparthotel an der Spree too. I think the whole hotel must be full of pearl jammers..

How are you guys going to Berlin? We'll fly on saturday morning to Tegel Airport.
    26/6/07 Copenhagen, 23/9/06 Berlin - 45 different songs
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    i was wrong, my hotel is not spree related at all, but is still very close to the venue. its called 'Best Western Michels Hotel AM Schloss Koepenick'

got a very good room rate deal:)
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    I just found out I may be traveling to Brussels in Sept...and I think I can make hitting Berlin over the weekend work....

So.....

Anyone with an extra ticket?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    EnehEneh Posts: 145
    dane wrote:

Hej dane, then you should definitely lose yourself in the the concert-scene a little bit. Sept 22 it´s still PopKomm.

http://www1.messe-berlin.de/vip8_1/website/MesseBerlin/htdocs/www.popkomm/en/Festival/PopkommClubs/index.html
  • Options
    Bunuel wrote:
    We (finns) will be at the aparthotel an der Spree too. I think the whole hotel must be full of pearl jammers..

How are you guys going to Berlin? We'll fly on saturday morning to Tegel Airport.

me and my lady will be flying to schonefeld aiport on saturday morning and flying home sunday evening. hope to spemd some time in the city on sunday.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    mancore wrote:
    me and my lady will be flying to schonefeld aiport on saturday morning and flying home sunday evening. hope to spemd some time in the city on sunday.
    Apparently, Sunday is the Berlin marathon so expect some crowding!
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:

thanks for that mate, ill keep an eye on that situation
  • Options
    lateraluslateralus Posts: 111
    I'd love to go to the Berlin Show, but I've chosen Bern. It's just half the way.
    13/9/06: Bern
    12/6/07: Munich
    23/6/07: Southside Festival
  • Options
    sammersammer Posts: 71
    Pegasus wrote:

haha, so far for the seight-seeing on sunday.
    luckely I'm staying there for the whole weekend, we even have our own german translator and guide, although german isn't that hard 'ein bier bitte'
    2006: antwerp, paris, berlin

2007: nijmegene werchter

2009: rotterdam

2010: nijmegen, berlin, arras, werchter
  • Options
    Just for those who will stay a little longer in Berlin or who will not stay in a hotel near to the Hotel. The tube will not run between two stations in the middle of Berlin (Wittenbergplatz - Gleisdreieck, U2). Its not a big deal (unless you have to use it on a daily basis, which you dont, lol), just be aware if you look for your way beforehand.
  • Options
    mancore wrote:

Two mexicans on the way and ready to tag along.
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    mancore wrote:

bump...
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

-Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    deep_schismicdeep_schismic Bremen, Germany Posts: 158
    I'll be in Berlin! It'll be my only chance to see Pearl Jam this year (since they'll be playin in Melbourne when I won't be there...sigh)...and it will also be an excuse to check out Berlin finally! I'll be staying there 5 days (and I will hopefully be accompanied by my best friend who's a huge PJ fan too), so if other people are following suit (and i'm sure there will be...pardon my ignorance if you have mentioned before, but 10 pages of thread is too much shit to scan through lol)...you can count me in for the pre/post piss-up to pass the time in between sightseeing:D
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:

hmm good thing I'll be in town from the 20th. Gonna train it in from Augsburg via ICE as it's the cheapest option...all the flights are like EUR 140+...

I'll probably be staying at the Derag Königin Luise near the Weißensee. It's kinda on the other side of town...but I am getting a good deal, as it looks like PJ and Berlin marathon fans will be in town that weekend...who knew?:P
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    Well, one month to go and I still don't have a hotel room for the night. Any suggestions?
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    Dercheef wrote:
    Well, one month to go and I still don't have a hotel room for the night. Any suggestions?

worst case scenario is that you hang out at the huge new hbf to catch your train back...assuming you are travelling locally of course. And usually the InterCity hotels usually have rooms available (though not necessarily cheaply)
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    Dercheef wrote:

Well, you should be able to find a room within the next month. If not you could just tag along with some of the other jammers out partying after the gig. After a night of drinking Warsteiner (or whatever) you wont care if you sleep in a hotelroom or in a park! ;)
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    kermie13kermie13 Berlin Posts: 49
    hey , try out http://www.hostelworld.com iam sure youll find something there....
    there are heaps of good hostels in berlin....pre/post party sounds awesome!

kristin
  • Options
    kermie13 wrote:
    hey , try out http://www.hostelworld.com iam sure youll find something there....
    there are heaps of good hostels in berlin....pre/post party sounds awesome!

kristin

Thanks for the link, I have already booked a Hostel, but i might change it for one closer to Zoologische Garten.

And by the way, I noticed it's your first post, welcome to the board :D

I can't wait for the show in Berlin!!

I also noticed that the Concert is on the east side of Berlin, so I propose to go and pre/post party to some bar in the Warschauer Str., luckly the concert is on saturday, so the subway runs 24 hours.
    -Tom Waits-

-Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    then please be reminded that the subway (U1 and U2) isnt runing as it should. You might have to change trains. check http://www.bvg.de once you are in Berlin for the subway.

And another reminder, its not only Marathon weekend, til Sept. 22 its the PopKomm (http://www.popkomm.de) in town.
  • Options
    thanks for the heads up Eneh!

and welcome to the 'pit kristin...we should see who's actually up for a pre/post shindig on here. Certainly seems like a lot of people will be coming up/over/down for this (no shit), esp. since it's the only German date, so there is potential here!
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    worst case scenario is that you hang out at the huge new hbf to catch your train back...assuming you are travelling locally of course. And usually the InterCity hotels usually have rooms available (though not necessarily cheaply)
    Yeah, I thought about that already and if everything else is not working I will do that. Because of the Berlin marathon alot of hotels in berlin are full. A mate of my roommate lives in Berlin so I'm probably staying there. And if that doesn't work out, partying with lots of PJ fans isn't the worst thing either :)
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572
    I just found out I may be traveling to Brussels in Sept...and I think I can make hitting Berlin over the weekend work....

So.....

Anyone with an extra ticket?

Hi cincy...

At the following link you might find non 10C tickets: http://www.tickets.de

I got mine and they work just fine, very quick, easy and smooth...

Good luck!!!
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    CaterinaA wrote:
    Hi cincy...

At the following link you might find non 10C tickets: http://www.tickets.de

I got mine and they work just fine, very quick, easy and smooth...

Good luck!!!

crap looks sold out.

no one with a ticket to sell? Well, I guess I won't have to figure out how ot get to Belgium on Sunday now. :(
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    spanishspanish Posts: 9
    I am traveling to Berlin next month and I need a ticket. If anyone here has a spare one, please PM me.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Dercheef wrote:
    Yeah, I thought about that already and if everything else is not working I will do that. Because of the Berlin marathon alot of hotels in berlin are full. A mate of my roommate lives in Berlin so I'm probably staying there. And if that doesn't work out, partying with lots of PJ fans isn't the worst thing either :)

hehe no it isn't at all hehe
    //ten.club.#352XXX//