Options

Berlin(Checkpoint Eddie) - Berlin - 23.09.06

Comments

• Options
    kermie13kermie13 Berlin Posts: 49
    hey there from a berliner... friday night is great to out in berlin and if you are at friedrichstrasse you are in the center.... good clubs in berlin: Kaffee Burger, Magnet, mudd club..... good bars: king kong klub, 8mm, white trash... check online.... they are not to far away from your station, all in the district of Mitte (center) and Prenzlauer Berg.... i think Kaffee Burger has alternative/independent rock on friday night....
    kristin
  • Options
    K.T.K.T. Posts: 35
    kermie13 wrote:
    hey there from a berliner... friday night is great to out in berlin and if you are at friedrichstrasse you are in the center.... good clubs in berlin: Kaffee Burger, Magnet, mudd club..... good bars: king kong klub, 8mm, white trash... check online.... they are not to far away from your station, all in the district of Mitte (center) and Prenzlauer Berg.... i think Kaffee Burger has alternative/independent rock on friday night....
    kristin

hey kermie! what´s kaffee Burger like?? Have lived here for eight years but STILL haven´t been everywhere!!
  • Options
    Seems like quite a few people are coming to Berlin a day or two before the gig!! For everyone who wants to meet up, let me know! Live in Berlin and will have three other friends coming to the gig as well- would be great to meet you and hang out! For the day of- it will be very difficult to find a place close to the venue to hang out, seeing as the venue is in the middle of nowhere....so if anyone has any ideas- speak up!!!!!
  • Options
    i am there ;)
    actually i am really sad that they don´t play a gig in hamburg but hell berlin is ok lol
    not so cool as hamburg (right Mr. Ament ???) ok just in my eyes ...
    you will notice me couse i will sing and scream along and i don´t have voice ;)
    i try to get a huge flag of my town
    and i will be nervous and maybe i will cry while the gig

the first pearl jam concert
    well lucky nr. 3 (bec. two times i missed them bec. of accidents and now in 6 days yea)
  • Options
    Eneh wrote:
    That football ground is nearby. S-Bahnhof Wuhlheide is an option but you have to walk more (and less choice of trains) than when traveling via S-Bahnhof Schöneweide.

http://www.s-bahn-berlin.de/fahrplanundnetz/sbahnhof_anzeige.php?ID=133

this gets you here:
    click on the button "Anzeige im Stadtplan", there click once "east" and once "northeast" and you see the whole area. The Kindl-Bühne is right next to the FEZ.

thanks for that
  • Options
    EnehEneh Posts: 145
    kermie13 wrote:
    i think Kaffee Burger has alternative/independent rock on friday night....
    kristin

Kaffee Burger is much like most of the other clubs part of the PopKomm. My link to the PopKomm program should give you some idea. Be aware that a lot of clubs (hopefully) will be more crowded than on average days.

A good way to find out about places and concerts is the following link:

http://www.berlin030.de/konzerte/konzerte.php

Insert the date, pick a venue/club/bar and see what is on. Plus it gives you the adress of the place.
  • Options
    GO!!!GO!!! Posts: 74
    Yes Eneh, thanks a lot for the usefull help, how much is the walk from S-bahn station Schoneweide? to kindl-buhne and is it easy to find?? Does the S-bahn drive all day and night??
  • Options
    Eneh wrote:
    That football ground is nearby. S-Bahnhof Wuhlheide is an option but you have to walk more (and less choice of trains) than when traveling via S-Bahnhof Schöneweide.

http://www.s-bahn-berlin.de/fahrplanundnetz/sbahnhof_anzeige.php?ID=133

this gets you here:
    click on the button "Anzeige im Stadtplan", there click once "east" and once "northeast" and you see the whole area. The Kindl-Bühne is right next to the FEZ.

Are you sure about Schöneweide being closer to the venue than Wuhlheide...?? I´ve never tried going from Schöneweide, but it seems farther away than Wuhlheide is on the map???? I´ll be leaving from Zoologischer garten.....any advice?
  • Options
    You take the tram from Schöneweide. And I think the S-Bahn is due every half an hour. But probably one of the other Berlin residents have to answer that. I live at the other side of the town. Transportation by night specially on weekends is quite good in Berlin all in all, so dont worry about that. And as already mentioned your concert ticket includes transportation. A bus/train ticket is valid 2 hours.

@ K.T.: my sister in law is from Köpenick district, she had lessons at the FEZ and so she advised me. I havent decided yet if I go via Zoo or with the Ring Bahn. You should take the S 9 from Zoo tho.
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Hey, somebody who knows abput Berlin please name a place to meet up on Saturday afternoon, that would be nice. Also, how many Euro is a beer/bier going to cost in your metropolis? I suppose the centre of town is most expensive as with most places, but give us an idea so that us strangers know wether or not we are being ripped off. Come on you locals, let us know where we should congregate-we wanna have some fun in your city of sin!!!!!!!!
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    sorry, I cant afford any beer (or for that matter wine or water). just be aware when at a concert that they charge you an extra Euro for the cup, which you will get back when returning the cup. Or at least leave three empty cups around for me to pick up and i might get myself a beer? lol

by the way, there are all kind of beers, so this means you are asking for a price list. lol.

no - i really dont have a clue.
  • Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    Another few days to go...well 3 after this one and then of on friday to Berlin....yeaahhh....
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    deep_schismicdeep_schismic Bremen, Germany Posts: 158
    jamie uk wrote:
    Hey, somebody who knows abput Berlin please name a place to meet up on Saturday afternoon, that would be nice. Also, how many Euro is a beer/bier going to cost in your metropolis? I suppose the centre of town is most expensive as with most places, but give us an idea so that us strangers know wether or not we are being ripped off. Come on you locals, let us know where we should congregate-we wanna have some fun in your city of sin!!!!!!!!

beer prices are pretty standard throughout germany. at a bar you pay about 3 euros, and from a supermarket...well...65 cents + deposit..so about 75 cents. if u buy it from a gas station or a Yorma's or something.. about 2 euro. take them as a rule of thumb
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • Options
    Weather is shaping up to be pretty good....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=0050
    Just gimme me some truth...
  • Options
    White Riot wrote:
    Weather is shaping up to be pretty good....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=0050
    Yeah i know i check it every day to make sure of it....LOL...
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    My wife and I will arrive in Berlin Friday. We´ll be staying close to Schöneberg Townhall. Can´t wait to see Pearl Jam after 6 years of absence. (Not since the tragic concert at Roskilde ´00).

I just hope the weather turns out great.

Can´t wait to get my hands on new PJ tour merchandise. My t-shirts are all worn out (Hamburg ´96, ´00).
    And he still gives his love,
    he just gives it away...
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    How about a meet up also on saturday after the show?

I think many people will be arriving till that day, after the show in Prague.

It would be definitely cool to party with you all!! :cool:

I agree! Is anyone going to Vienna after Berlin? If so, which day? Sunday or Monday?

Can't wait to meet you all soon!

Jen
  • Options
    i´m going to vienna on sunday, but i have to fly as i need a visa to go thru the czech republic
  • Options
    deep_schismicdeep_schismic Bremen, Germany Posts: 158
    Anyone after a non-10C GA ticket for Saturday's show? PM me if you are looking...
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • Options
    And yes 2 days to go untill were leaving for Berlin....
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    I'm leaving today, flying to Berlin and arriving the 20, is there going to be someone already there? Should be fun to meet.

Also, is somebody going to Prague? I'll take the 11.42 train on the 21
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    Anyone got a spare Berlin ticket by any chance? I'm at bhrion@gmail.com. Would really love to go...
    Zagreb 2006 (was better by then!)
    Berlin 2006 (Barely!, was ill!)
    Dublin 2006
    Astoria, London 2006
    Toronto 2005
    Dublin 2000
    Wembley, London 2000
    Roksilde, Denmark 2000
    Berlin 2000
    Dublin 1996
    Cork 1996
    Slane 1993
    Newcastle 1992
  • Options
    three posts above yours ...someone is offering a ticket:)
    hope you get to go!
  • Options
    hey.... yeah the popkom is taking over berlin (dont know if thats neccessarily a good thing)...... so lots of clubs will be pretty crowded....as someone mentioned in another post..... i just visited the german message pit and there will be like more than 50 people with the same t-shirt meeting up before the concert, but i think they have the tenclub tickets, i think they are allowed to go in earlier ???
    unfortunately my friend (and the owner of the second ticket) had to go to norway cause of a family thing, so now i have a second ticket and i have to go alone cause none of my friends/mates knows, likes pearl jam, i know crazy!!! so if anyone is going alone or is not a local , whatever and wants to catch up before
    kermie
  • Options
    just one thing i forgot... if anyone is interested in the ticket, its 50 Euros ...

given2fly13@hotmail.com

kermie
  • Options
    Does anyone have a weatherforecast for the weekend in Berlin? Note: I do not understand german enough to know where it says "sunny" or "rain". ;)

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Options
    Does anyone have a weatherforecast for the weekend in Berlin? Note: I do not understand german enough to know where it says "sunny" or "rain". ;)

Peace
    Dan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=4095 looking good
  • Options
    anyone flying from england on saturday?
  • Options
    were driving from Belgium on friday...but i think there will be some people from england flying on saturday aswell...
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010