Options

Introducing RNDM

Comments

• Options
    theJawastheJawas Posts: 395
    kramer73 wrote:
    Kurto26 wrote:
    See, and I've been thinking the last couple of days that I may have been too forward meeting him in Milwaukee. As soon as he came outside I think I said "Hi; could I get a picture quick?" And he said yeah, let me go put my stuff on the bus first, and then he came back and signed and posed for EVERYONE. I think it was a combination of nerves and severe cold with me. I even barely talked to Richard while he hung out with us outside for the same reasons. Even still, I feel very privileged to have met the guys and to have seen such a great show up close & personal.

I think you were fine. I didn't even get a pic with him, though I did with Richard. He seemed a little miffed about the guy who wanted his guitar signed though, esp. when the guy initially wanted a picture of him and the guitar.

Wow, nothing says "I'm about to list this guitar for an insane price" like getting the signer's picture with it! That takes balls. And you made me feel better; thanks. I just had images of him walking right by if I didn't blurt out my request, even though I guess there were a bunch of other people also waiting for him.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    Kurto26 wrote:
    kramer73 wrote:
    Kurto26 wrote:
    See, and I've been thinking the last couple of days that I may have been too forward meeting him in Milwaukee. As soon as he came outside I think I said "Hi; could I get a picture quick?" And he said yeah, let me go put my stuff on the bus first, and then he came back and signed and posed for EVERYONE. I think it was a combination of nerves and severe cold with me. I even barely talked to Richard while he hung out with us outside for the same reasons. Even still, I feel very privileged to have met the guys and to have seen such a great show up close & personal.

I think you were fine. I didn't even get a pic with him, though I did with Richard. He seemed a little miffed about the guy who wanted his guitar signed though, esp. when the guy initially wanted a picture of him and the guitar.

Wow, nothing says "I'm about to list this guitar for an insane price" like getting the signer's picture with it! That takes balls. And you made me feel better; thanks. I just had images of him walking right by if I didn't blurt out my request, even though I guess there were a bunch of other people also waiting for him.

Did you not see that? I was at the same show as you, and walked to the back of the building with you. Of course I didn't introduce myself, lol. I am pretty anti-social.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737
    Kurto26 wrote:
    Boooo... I would've liked one of those RNDM posters. I liked the one at the gig, too.
    Yeah, both were definitely cool. No problem with style for this band. :)
    Question for anyone: I've never had a "pending" status for a merch order before ... what does this mean? That they aren't sure there are enough to cover the orders? I know with tix people who get "pending" are often disappointed...
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,538
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Question for anyone: I've never had a "pending" status for a merch order before ... what does this mean? That they aren't sure there are enough to cover the orders? I know with tix people who get "pending" are often disappointed...

They're just processing your order. In a little while, it's going to change to "warehouse".
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

They're just processing your order. In a little while, it's going to change to "warehouse".
    Thanks!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Btw everyone, because of RNDM I've been checking out more of Joseph Arthur's other work. He has a double album called Redemption City available for free download on his website's home page (http://www.josepharthur.com) - there is also a donation option there - always nice to donate when there is a free double album in it for you! It's much different music from RNDM, but I personally enjoy it a lot, particularly b/c it's a change of pace for me; it's rather ethereal (actually, very ethereal) and relaxing; soothing.
  • Options
    [/quote]
    Awesome! I think he'll wear the hat. He likes to wear them, and that one suits him, and I bet he appreciates it. :)[/quote]

Thanks, I hope so! It's my new dream to stumble across a photo of him wearing it at some other random (or RNDM!) event. How awesome would that be!!??[/quote]

That would be awesome! And that is extra awesome you made it. I remember noticing the hat and thinking "Nice hat. It looks cozy." He wore it like a champ. Way to be. :)
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Btw everyone, because of RNDM I've been checking out more of Joseph Arthur's other work. He has a double album called Redemption City available for free download on his website's home page (http://www.josepharthur.com) - there is also a donation option there - always nice to donate when there is a free double album in it for you! It's much different music from RNDM, but I personally enjoy it a lot, particularly b/c it's a change of pace for me; it's rather ethereal (actually, very ethereal) and relaxing; soothing.

Listening to it now....really not what I was expecting though....but I actually like it....a totally different style but it's good and interesting.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Listening to it now....really not what I was expecting though....but I actually like it....a totally different style but it's good and interesting.
    Agreed! :)
  • Options
    kramer73 wrote:
    Kurto26 wrote:

Did you not see that? I was at the same show as you, and walked to the back of the building with you. Of course I didn't introduce myself, lol. I am pretty anti-social.

Oh sure, I remember you! I saw someone with a guitar, but didn't notice all of that going down. By the time Jeff came out I was quite cold and nervous (and tired), so I really could only focus on getting the picture taken and telling Jeff how much I like his music..
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,353
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Redemption City is my second favourite album of the year (behind Mark Lanegan's latest masterpiece), I love that record. If you want to more than just donate it's also available on lovely red triple vinyl... :)

Also, if anyone here is signed up to Daytrotter, Joseph's session on there is excellent. Unlike the usual 3 or 4 songs that people normally record, Joesph's session is 10 tracks long. Definitely worth getting.

http://www.daytrotter.com/#!/concert/joseph-arthur/20055379-3642
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,353
    Just saw Joseph's update on Facebook:
    sharing some good news, our single hit number 1 on CBC rock charts in Canada
    1. RNDM – Modern Times from Acts (Monkeywrench)
    2. The Trews – The Power Of Positive Drinking from Thank You And I’m Sorry (Bumstead)
    3. The Offspring – Turning Into You from Days Go By (Sony)
    4. Kid Rock – Let’s Ride from Rebel Soul (Atlantic)

5. The Wallflowers – Reboot The Mission from Glad All Over (Columbia)
    6. Fun – Carry On from Some Nights (Fueled By Ramen)
    7. Rival Sons – Keep On Swinging from Head Down (eOne)
    8. Anberlin – Little Tyrants from Vital (Universal)
    9. Grouplove – Itchin’ On A Photograph from Never Trust A Happy Song (Atlantic)
    10. The Rolling Stones – Doom And Gloom from GRRR! (Universal)
    :clap: :-D :clap:
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Jeff was in a mood in Montreal too, so the theory that he's in a mood because it's the end of the tour can't be the reason. I don't know what his deal is, but I like Richard and Joe a whole lot better than I like him.

I don't know? Despite seeming bagged, he was polite, courteous and took time to chat with everyone and sign stuff and pose for pictures.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,538
    goldrush wrote:

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,616
    goldrush wrote:

Does this mean RNDM might stop by Halifax before they travel to Europe next year for a few shows? :angel:
  • Options
    rpech'erpech'e Twin Cities Posts: 1,106
    Pap wrote:
    goldrush wrote:

Sweet!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    supadupasupadupa Chicago Posts: 377
    Sort of surprised reading about Jeff being grumpy. He was so lovely when I met him. Maybe that's just how he is with his hot lady fans, though. ;)
  • Options
    So here's a question- I want to give someone "Acts" as a gift. What is the best way to do that so that the band gets the optimal amount of $ off it? Had I thought of this at the show I went to I would've bought one there. I'm guessing the answer is Ten Club, but my God the shipping fees. I also want to give them a hard copy, so Itunes or Amazon MP3 is out.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    Kurto26 wrote:
    So here's a question- I want to give someone "Acts" as a gift. What is the best way to do that so that the band gets the optimal amount of $ off it? Had I thought of this at the show I went to I would've bought one there. I'm guessing the answer is Ten Club, but my God the shipping fees. I also want to give them a hard copy, so Itunes or Amazon MP3 is out.
    Ten Club & get it shipped direct to them, change your shipping address to theirs for as long as it takes the order to process. Shipping costs are a bastard but we're kind of stuck with it. JMHO. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Really like the album. Would love to see them live.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    supadupa wrote:
    Sort of surprised reading about Jeff being grumpy. He was so lovely when I met him. Maybe that's just how he is with his hot lady fans, though. ;)
    Hey, I'm a lady fan. What are you saying??? ;)

Joseph's blog said edges were sharp with everyone on then way to Vancouver, just so tired and suggesting that when they know they are that close to the end of the tour maybe kicks off burnout before it's even over. So that is probably why Jeff was in a mood I guess.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    supadupa wrote:

Joseph's blog said edges were sharp with everyone on then way to Vancouver, just so tired and suggesting that when they know they are that close to the end of the tour maybe kicks off burnout before it's even over. So that is probably why Jeff was in a mood I guess.

Then why was he in a mood in prior shows? Answer that one.
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    supadupa wrote:

Then why was he in a mood in prior shows? Answer that one.
    Well I can't, obviously. The ogbwas referring only to Vancouver ... maybe small-time touring Iike that isn't for him anymore. Who knows. Or maybe he's just not used to such small gigs and he gets weird. Beats me. Maybe he just gets his grumpy pants on sometimes.
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,098
    Just noticing that the gracenote whatever info that appears in digital music players has for RNDM some weird stuff. Throw You to the Pack was apparently written by "♀". Heh.

RNDM-Winamp.jpg
  • Options
    I've uploaded an audience tape of the Bowery Ballroom show to sendspace, FLAC format. It was taped from the front of the stage, Joseph's side, the guitar figures heavily in the mix. Don't expect a miracle, just a souvenir of the show.

Part 1 - http://www.sendspace.com/file/07d0yl

Part 2 - http://www.sendspace.com/file/d1bhct

Part 3 - http://www.sendspace.com/file/n914n0

-Rob
  • Options
    ceska wrote:
    I've uploaded an audience tape of the Bowery Ballroom show to sendspace, FLAC format. It was taped from the front of the stage, Joseph's side, the guitar figures heavily in the mix. Don't expect a miracle, just a souvenir of the show.

-Rob

Thanks for sharing!! :)
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    My awesome wife bought me the RNDM poster as a Christmas gift! I had not-so-subtly left the Ames Bros. email open on the computer to be seen, lol.
  • Options
    You're very welcome! Hope you like the tape.

PS- Dunno what all about the Jeff grumpiness is about... he was in a good mood in NY. Very gracious. And it was all dudes there too, haha.
    demetrios wrote:
    ceska wrote:

-Rob

Thanks for sharing!! :)
  • Options
    Still some RNDM s/n artist edition prints for sale over @ http://amesbrosshop.com/rndm_seattle_2012.aspx

1j7vo.jpg?1