Options

Introducing RNDM

Comments

• Options
    Is somebody recording the RNDM show on Sirius?
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,688
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

2. Did anyone notice in the booklet it says " Drum Loop on Darkness; Matt Cameron"

Yeah!! Someone mentioned that when we were at the show last week. How cool!!! :D

Also....who the hell does Maroon 5 think they are?! :evil: :evil: :evil:
    I know, right?? No one likes a copycat!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I've been listening to the new album and really like it. I went to the show in Minneapolis last week and had a lot of fun. I was just wondering what everyone thinks about Jeff's other stuff. This is the first album of Jeff's side projects I've got and am interested in checking out something else.
  • Options
    Bee Guy wrote:
    I've been listening to the new album and really like it. I went to the show in Minneapolis last week and had a lot of fun. I was just wondering what everyone thinks about Jeff's other stuff. This is the first album of Jeff's side projects I've got and am interested in checking out something else.
    I personally really like both of his solo albums (for the most part) quite a bit (and his stuff is SO well produced if you're vinyl). I also have Tres Mts, and while there are a few songs on that album that make me go :?, I enjoy a good portion of that album as well. :) I think Jeff's side projects might be more of an acquired taste compared to, say, Soundgarden or Ed solo, so it's not for everybody. But I have certainly enjoyed most of it a lot (to the point that I consider myself a true Jeff Ament fan), and I know others who very much feel the same way. But I've also talked to some who don't like it so much, especially the Tres Mts album. On the other hand, you can definitely hear traces of all of Jeff's other work in RNDM, so if you like them, then you may well like his other stuff. It's really all about personal taste! I think that Jeff's side projects take a slightly open musical mind, which is great!! :) Oh, and I almost forgot about Deranged Diction. If you like punk, that album is super cool (different from the rest of his stuff) - I love it! I think the CD is still for sale in the Shop.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,512
    I understand RNDM might go back on the road in the first part of 2013.

If that happens, I'm requesting a stop in Phoenix, please.

Pretty please?

Thanks. :mrgreen:
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    djklambake wrote:

Pretty please?

Cool! They do seem to be having a good time on the road, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did that. And Jeff has the time then. :)
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,512
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    djklambake wrote:

Pretty please?

Cool! They do seem to be having a good time on the road, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did that. And Jeff has the time then. :)

If I can't get the whole band, I'll take em piecemeal.

It's how I've dealt with seeing Led Zep... Robert Plant solo... Jason Bonham (I know, doesn't count) in a tribute band... JPJ with Them Crooked Vultures (!!!)... No Page yet... Holding out hope... ;)
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,200
    From Pearl Jam Radio ...

RNDM AIRTIME UPDATE: 10PM PACIFIC / 1AM EASTERN
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,095
    Will it be broadcast here on the PJ radio too, or only on the sirirus XM channel/site?

Thanks.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,461
    thefixer9 wrote:
    2 thing;

Q1. Has anyone heard the Theme Of RNDM Gong? Pretty awesome!

Q2. Did anyone notice in the booklet it says " Drum Loop on Darkness; Matt Cameron"

A1: No
    A2: Yes
    djklambake wrote:

If that happens, I'm requesting two stops in Greece, please.

Pretty please?

Fixed. :lol:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    2 thing;

1. Has anyone heard the Theme Of RNDM Gong? Pretty awesome!

2. Did anyone notice in the booklet it says " Drum Loop on Darkness; Matt Cameron"

Yes & yes.

The Theme of RNDM Gong is on the vinyl.
    Check your pm. :)
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    Methinkin's The Disappearing Ones be mefavourite. So far. I'm a sucker for a bitchin' chorus of YEAH's. There may a fist-pumping yell-a-long at The Biltmore. 8-)
  • Options
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,329
    demetrios wrote:
    Important disclaimer in the superhero mask info...

Magical powers not included.

:)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    2001ALLSTAREDDIE2001ALLSTAREDDIE NorCal Posts: 193
    I have an extra ticket for tonights show in SF. Driving over from Sac. Any takers?
    12/07/93 Seattle; 12/09/93 Seattle; 06/01/03 Mt.View; 10/05/04 St.Louis; 03/18/05 Seattle; 09/04/05 Calgary; 09/05/05 Edmonton; 07/15/06 SF; 07/18/06 SF; 04/05/08 Santa Cruz (EV); 07/12/08 LA; 10/01/09 LA; 07/11/11 Oakland (EV); 09/03/11 PJ20; 09/04/11 PJ20; 07/19/13 Wrigley; 11/19/13 Phoenix; 11/23/13 LA1; 11/26/13 Oakland; 10/3/14 St.Louis; 04/11/16 Tampa; 04/13/16 JAX; 8/5/16 & 8/7/16 Fenway
  • Options
    At the Great American Music Hall. Stoked for RNDM!!! Pretty sure the dude who modeled the Lumberjacket is here. Santos is that you?
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • Options
    At the Great American Music Hall. Stoked for RNDM!!! Pretty sure the dude who modeled the Lumberjacket is here. Santos is that you?
    can neither confirm nor deny...but I do happen to be currently on a bus heading to portland doing 10c work.
    slh
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,248
    yay RNDM mask-thing in the shop!

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    can neither confirm nor deny...but I do happen to be currently on a bus heading to portland doing 10c work.
    slh

You rock dude!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    My photos from RNDM at GAMH in SF.

http://s1284.photobucket.com/albums/a57 ... ov%202012/
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options

Sweet shots!! 8-)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Sweet shots!! 8-)

Thank you :)
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,390
    Can't wait for tomorrow's show!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Can't wait for tomorrow's show!!!!

Enjoy it!
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,461

Very nice photographs! Thanks for sharing! :D
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Just got the vinyl this week and gave it my first listen, really impressed, love the 90's vibe about this, a touch of Talking Heads and of course that bass is unmistakeable.

Nice to get a download code with it, this really should be the standard for us vinyl buyers, can't believe some labels don't do this, we've paid for more than you do for the CD and the download so it's only right we get this.

Have also received my Welcome To Discovery Park vinyl this week, the whole Brad back cat now on the black circle.

Mr Ament been pretty prolific this year, here's hoping his day job delivers an album next year hey?
  • Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    Just got the vinyl this week and gave it my first listen, really impressed, love the 90's vibe about this, a touch of Talking Heads and of course that bass is unmistakeable.

Nice to get a download code with it, this really should be the standard for us vinyl buyers, can't believe some labels don't do this, we've paid for more than you do for the CD and the download so it's only right we get this.

Have also received my Welcome To Discovery Park vinyl this week, the whole Brad back cat now on the black circle.

Mr Ament been pretty prolific this year, here's hoping his day job delivers an album next year hey?

My friend is dropping off the same two vinyls for me today (RNDM and WTDP)! Ordered them FRiday and they showed the next day. I still need to bolster the BRAD collection, but I am glad to have found this one.

Ott
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,390
    Show tonight! Fuck yeah!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Ott wrote:

My friend is dropping off the same two vinyls for me today (RNDM and WTDP)! Ordered them FRiday and they showed the next day. I still need to bolster the BRAD collection, but I am glad to have found this one.

Ott

WTDP sounds great, I had Shame & Interiors on original pressings and picked up Best Friends and latest album as they came out so getting WTDP has completed the set. Having also Satchel Family just waiting for EDC to hopefully get the Music On Vinyl treatment.

Can't imagine RNDM will make it over in good old blighty but I'm pumped for Brad in Feb.
  • Options
    Pap wrote:

Very nice photographs! Thanks for sharing! :D

Cheers, glad you liked them :)
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson