Options

Introducing RNDM

Comments

• Options
    Jeff's attitude at Seattle show was different from Montreal show and other ones or so it seems... He seemed happier and in a very good mood... He always seems very "focused" when he plays and often looking down. Even with PJ I noticed... Richard was a treat to look at, what a drummer! I will always remember the month of November 2012 for RNDM and Joseph's tour journal and funny pics from the road. :P
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I was able to learn "What you Can't Control", "New Tracks" and "Cherries in the Snow" on guitar! I'm actually proud of myself!!! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I was able to learn "What you Can't Control", "New Tracks" and "Cherries in the Snow" on guitar! I'm actually proud of myself!!! :mrgreen:
    :clap:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,540
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Pap wrote:

He looks like he's drunk, doped, focused, tired or plain sleepy. :)
    Yup, one of the above, definitely. :lol:

:lol:
    thefixer9 wrote:

:thumbup:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869
    Got my showbox poster today from ames /100 and signed. No band sigs though, but the poster is pretty cool I must say.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    I just received my CD of ACTS! 11 on packaging. I was so glad to see it a little bigger then the regular CD. and there was a poster with the lyrics in it. Just like the old days of the Vinyl LP's of the1980's.

Oh, and the music was good, too :-)

I liked Modern Times and Cherries in the Snow.

Go PJ side projects!!!
    our future is paved with better days

EV Austin Nov 9 &11 2012
    EPIC Wrigley 7/19/2013 who could ever forget that date :-) my first PJ
    Dallas 11/15/2013
    OKC 11/16/2013
    Seattle 2 hopefully?!
  • Options
    a5pj wrote:
    Got my showbox poster today from ames /100 and signed. No band sigs though, but the poster is pretty cool I must say.

I thought the band signed those...
  • Options
    I just received my CD of ACTS! 11 on packaging. I was so glad to see it a little bigger then the regular CD. and there was a poster with the lyrics in it. Just like the old days of the Vinyl LP's of the1980's.

Oh, and the music was good, too :-)

I liked Modern Times and Cherries in the Snow.

Go PJ side projects!!!

Acts is amazing! My fave CD of the year along with Soundgarden. Love the packaging too! :P
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    a5pj wrote:

I thought the band signed those...

only the 10 Club sale
  • Options
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap wrote:
    Cool - thanks!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,355
    Pap wrote:
    Nice! Thanks for posting the link :D
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    BikePHLBikePHL Posts: 471
    Loujoe wrote:
    got a pick at the nyc bowery show...JA with RNDM on the other side...I think it's joseph's...anyone know for sure?

For obvious reasons is it hard to say. I got a pick from the Philly show. RNDM on one side, JA on the other. I know mine came from Jeff. Saw him drop it during the show and then got it when it was tossed into the crowd after the show. I haven't seen Joseph's so I can not confirm if they are identical.
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater - June 25, 2011, Tres Mountains - TLA - March 23, 2011, Brad - World Cafe Live- Oct. 10, 2010, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 12, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 11,2009, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 19, 2008, Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006, Wachovia Center - Oct 03, 2005, Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004, Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003, Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003, First Union Spectrum Arena - Apr 28, 2003, Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29, 1998, RFK Stadium - Jun 14, 1998
  • Options
    I have a Joseph Arthur RNDM pick. It's orange. It's has the 'RNDM' in the explosion bubble on one side, and JA in yellow on the other. It's a pretty light gauge, but it's a celluloid. Bass picks are usually a thicker gauge than a guitar pick.
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869
    I have a Joseph Arthur RNDM pick. It's orange. It's has the 'RNDM' in the explosion bubble on one side, and JA in yellow on the other. It's a pretty light gauge, but it's a celluloid. Bass picks are usually a thicker gauge than a guitar pick.

This settles it then. I have one from Jeff! It's orange has the bubble on one side and JA on the other, but in green letters. I assume it's thicker too, it's the same as the other 2 Jeff picks I have (1 from tone).
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    BikePHL wrote:
    Loujoe wrote:
    got a pick at the nyc bowery show...JA with RNDM on the other side...I think it's joseph's...anyone know for sure?

For obvious reasons is it hard to say. I got a pick from the Philly show. RNDM on one side, JA on the other. I know mine came from Jeff. Saw him drop it during the show and then got it when it was tossed into the crowd after the show. I haven't seen Joseph's so I can not confirm if they are identical.
    Pretty sure they are aesthetically identical other than the color of the pic (and color of lettering)...there are at least 2 colors (Orange and Red) of pics that have the exact same "J.A" and "RNDM!!"

Haven't checked to see about the difference in thickness between the two...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,663
    RNDM - Modern Times Promo CD has arrived!! :)

RNDM-ModernTimesPromoCD.jpg?t=1356037847
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Sweet! What does that card say?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Sweet! What does that card say?

Here's a bigger image.
    http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp31 ... romoCD.jpg

I love the lighting effects on the CD. :)
  • Options
    It say's .. UK dates are plan for the start of the 2013!!!

Sweet! 8-)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Sweet! 8-)
    So it does... wonder if that's still true?? The pronunciation of their band name isn't true any more... this was printed before they toured; things have changed since then, if you go off of what they've said in interviews. :think: They haven't actually mentioned a thing about touring in the UK... And who is that guy with the email? Kind of strange... I mean, awesome item, but strange note.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Sweet! 8-)
    So it does... wonder if that's still true?? The pronunciation of their band name isn't true any more... this was printed before they toured; things have changed since then, if you go off of what they've said in interviews. :think: They haven't actually mentioned a thing about touring in the UK... And who is that guy with the email? Kind of strange... I mean, awesome item, but strange note.

Weeks ago I received their promo CD for acts.
    http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail_related.asp?id=1386

Same company. One Little Indian

I thought I read some where's that Jeff is still working with RNDM. And PJ will start in the studio around March?
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Sweet! 8-)

Weeks ago I received their promo CD for acts.
    http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail_related.asp?id=1386

Same company. One Little Indian

I thought I read some where's that Jeff is still working with RNDM. And PJ will start in the studio around March?
    Yes, I heard that, but while Jeff has said that he wants to keep things going with RNDM, he never once mentioned more touring, and definitely no mention of Europe... I'm thinking that was an idea before the tour, but they actually lost money out of their own pockets on the NA tour, and going to the UK would cost way more, and the crowds were smaller than they hoped ... I'm thinking the UK idea might have been dropped (but only because I would have expected them to say something about it at some point otherwise). I guess you never know... but it is getting too late to even book venues now if Jeff wants to be back for PJ in March.... If a UK tour isn't happening (and I don't think it is), It's just weird that it would have been announced on a card that came with a promo CD! Would kind of make it more special I guess. :)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

I want the sticker! :P
  • Options
    Pap wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Ditto! Pretty sure those weren't being sold at the show I went to.
  • Options
    theJawastheJawas Posts: 395
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Pap wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I bought that sticker at the Milwaukee show. It's now on my stereo speaker, next to this year's Ten Club one and under "PJ20."
  • Options
    Kurto26 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Pap wrote:

I bought that sticker at the Milwaukee show. It's now on my stereo speaker, next to this year's Ten Club one and under "PJ20."
    Jealous.
    I was pretty happily drunk at that show... they might have had them and I just didn't notice. :roll:
  • Options
    Kurto26 wrote:

Nice picture! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    It'd be great if the europe tour thing happened...I really like the album & it would be great to see them live.
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    It'd be great if the europe tour thing happened...I really like the album & it would be great to see them live.

Yep.