Options

Introducing RNDM

Comments

• Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,211
    jwhjr17 wrote:
    AndySlash wrote:
    i yelled out for 'i think of demons' and they played it! i was so excited. there was one or two more songs i wasn't familiar with before they closed with ain't no mag 7.
    You weren't the guy with the mask on that he said he'd play it for since the mask was on were you? I heard you yell it out, but didn't see who actually yelled it.

that was me, yep
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,929
    AndySlash wrote:
    jwhjr17 wrote:
    AndySlash wrote:
    i yelled out for 'i think of demons' and they played it! i was so excited. there was one or two more songs i wasn't familiar with before they closed with ain't no mag 7.
    You weren't the guy with the mask on that he said he'd play it for since the mask was on were you? I heard you yell it out, but didn't see who actually yelled it.

that was me, yep

Well here you are then:
    IMG_1353-1.jpg
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas |
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,211
    haha great!

someone showed me a picture they took while standing behind me, with the hood/ears in the foreground and joseph behind them. i thought that was cool.
  • Options
    theJawastheJawas Posts: 395
    I really like "When the Fire Comes" in Milwaukee. I was hoping/expecting some Jeff solo stuff, and forgot Joseph sang this song, lol. I think it was faster than the album version, which I liked.
  • Options
    Can anyone guide me where I can get a flac version of this album yet? Local stores have not got the CD and I have ordered the vinyl. Was hoping for flac but it seems non existent.
    Underneath this smile lies everything...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,200
    Walking Through New York ... IS BADASS LIVE!!! :)
  • Options
    in_the_mudin_the_mud Calgary AB Posts: 494
    demetrios wrote:
    Yes, it is. My wife's favorite :)
    I can't stop singing these songs and I am still watching clips from chicago show I recorded - awesome record and fantastic show!!!
    Right now my favorite is Joe's CAN'T EXIST
    Warsaw 96/11/01 ; Katowice 00/06/15, Katowice 00/06/16 ; Chicago 03/06/18 ; Chicago 06/05/16 ; Chicago 06/05/17 ; Chicago 07/08/05 ; Boston 08/06/30 ; Philadelphia 09/10/27 ; New York 10/05/20 ; New York 10/05/21 ; Alpine Valley 11/09/03 ; Alpine Valley 11/09/04 ; Wrigley Field 13/07/19 ; Pittsburgh 13/10/11 ; St.Louis 14/10/03
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    Well, just got my ticket. I'm definitely going to take a loss with the Bruce Springsteen ticket - doesn't seem like anyone wants to buy it at face value - but I'm so stoked for the RNDM show that it's kinda numbing the pain in my wallet. Kinda.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,688
    rockpants wrote:
    Well, just got my ticket. I'm definitely going to take a loss with the Bruce Springsteen ticket - doesn't seem like anyone wants to buy it at face value - but I'm so stoked for the RNDM show that it's kinda numbing the pain in my wallet. Kinda.
    Damn. So you did Craigslist, yeah? Nothing? Don't give up perhaps... people get desperate close to a show. I wonder if it's harder because there is a behind the stage section? Good luck!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I renewed my CL posting this morning and dropped the price by a whole $4. :P I'm hoping someone from the Fraser Valley will pick it up, as I'd much rather drop it off personally than mail it to someone in Vancouver. I have 1 watcher on eBay. I may drop the price there by the end of the weekend. (I made it higher than CL because of eBay fees.) It'd be better for a buyer to get it now before Expresspost shipping might be absolutely required, which is $11. It would take 2-3 business days for regular mail to get to Vancouver from here if I post it before 8am.

Guess I'd better start gussying up Big Orange (my seldom-used nickname for my coat.) I can't find the toque. It's possible I gave it to the Sally Ann last year when I did a Closet Purge. Ah, well. It wasn't quite the right shade of orange, anyway.
  • Options
    Just for the record: guys, I sooo envy you (in a good way)! I'm loving the posts! :)
    Please take lots of pictures!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    rockpants wrote:
    Damn. So you did Craigslist, yeah? Nothing? Don't give up perhaps... people get desperate close to a show. I wonder if it's harder because there is a behind the stage section? Good luck!

Good news! It sold via eBay. Looks like a fellow from Calgary is coming out for the show.

Shitty news: ("COOL STORY, BRO" ALERT!)
    I wanted to get the ticket on its journey tomorrow morning instead of Monday night/Tuesday morning, so I thought I'd give the online options a whirl. Big mistake. It never explicitly states that you can't use the Canada Post Ship-in-a-Click service (whether for courier or Xpresspost or whatever) for letter size because the labels are huge and can't be resized.
    So then I tried to go through eBay. They even had a check box for "envelope". Same problemo, oversized ... because it links up to CP and goes through the same process. Not allowed to wrap labels around the edges and the envelope dimensions have to match what you put in there. So, I voided that one. Rather thankful I had that option. With the original label I got from CP's Ship-in-a-Click service, I don't know if they can reverse the charge on my credit card, or if I'm SOL for the $13. I've sent a couple of whiny tweets to their CSR account.

So a lot of this going on: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

Sent an email to the buyer 'cause it looked as if eBay was going to send him notifications about the label and it's voiding, so I wanted to clarify what I was up to. Just want to get the ticket on its way at this point.

("COOL STORY, BRO" ALERT ENDED!)

---

On to more fun things, it's time to rip a burned copy of Acts so I can listen to it in my car for the next week. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Minneapolis show...

Usually I spend my Daddy days cleaning the garage or fixing something.
    Not this time. I was determined to make this one count.

I had to drive down from Cloquet, MN so I took the day off work for this one. 120 miles or so. I Brown bagged a lunch and hit the road early. Not a bad drive. Great weather, loud music and a big bag of Combos.

I got to 1st ave around 1130 and wandered around with my "Acts" vinyl in hand (ya never know). I had some beers next door at the Depot. I met Dan, a fellow 10 clubber. We eavesdropped on soundcheck. Very cool guy. Lots of great stories. Rock on Dan!

I met Jeff and Richard outside before the show. Got pics with them and they signed my vinyl. I caught Joe after the show and he finished off my three-fer.

Once the doors opened, front and center was easy enough. Not a huge crowd. I thought Gull was great. Tons of energy. Picked up his EP after the show. I'm wishin it had more songs. Good stuff. RNDMs set was awesome. 99% music, 1% banter. They just went for it. Richard looked as if he was having enough fun for everyone. He was like an animal back there. I swear I saw him mouth "I love you guys" to Jeff and Joe. Big smiles all over.

After the show, the crew packed up the set lists so I don't think anybody got those. I did get one of the crew guys to take a picture of it for me though. I think it'll look cool framed up with some other knick-knacks I scrounged up. I also picked up the poster, mask and wristband.

It was my best Daddy day so far.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,461
    demetrios wrote:

I can imagine...
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    chaslilchaslil Westminster CO Posts: 306
    I was at the Boulder show last night. School is out for Thanksgiving, maybe that hurt attendance, which was not more than 200. The show definitely exceeded my expectations. Joseph is a very talented singer and guitarist, and Richard the drummer was mesmerizing. Jeff was enjoying himself.
    Charles
    "The Who is my life. Pearl Jam is my retirement"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,200
    RNDM Live Broadcast from The Troubadour - Only on Sirius XM's Pearl Jam Radio
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:00pm in PST.

:D
  • Options
    Finally got my record! :) Sounds great! I really enjoy this album. Quite groovy and soothing, actually. I still don't like Walking in New York though. PU! It's a real stinker for me! I think my fave is Darkness.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I was at the show in Lawrence, KS! Fabulous! Got to meet all the guys and they were super friendly! :D
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Finally got my record! :) Sounds great! I really enjoy this album. Quite groovy and soothing, actually. I still don't like Walking in New York though. PU! It's a real stinker for me! I think my fave is Darkness.

I actually love all the songs now...even Hollow Girl! :lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Going to the in store performance/signing at Fingerprints tomorrow in Long Beach, looking forward to hopefully meeting Jeff and getting him to sign my copies of Ten/Temple of the Dog/Green River!
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I liked that one right away! I like 12 out of 13 - that's pretty damned good! Keeping up on Joseph's tour blog. Fascinating stuff; lots of thought provoking insites, and very open about his own feelings about things; like he's really putting it all out there. I hope to meet him in Vancouver. One somewhat amusing thing he mentioned with annoyance: Maroon 5 was on SNL on Saturday, and they were dressed all in orange. Their lead singer is a big PJ fan, so the thought that it's just a coincidence doesn't hold up too well. RNDM is displeased....
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I liked that one right away! I like 12 out of 13 - that's pretty damned good! Keeping up on Joseph's tour blog. Fascinating stuff; lots of thought provoking insites, and very open about his own feelings about things; like he's really putting it all out there. I hope to meet him in Vancouver. One somewhat amusing thing he mentioned with annoyance: Maroon 5 was on SNL on Saturday, and they were dressed all in orange. Their lead singer is a big PJ fan, so the thought that it's just a coincidence doesn't hold up too well. RNDM is displeased....

RNDM has a beef with maroon 5 ;) their singer is a PJ fan? I really hate that guy...and his voice *cringe*

could you link me to joseph's blog please? :)
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    Could you link me to Joseph's blog please?

http://josepharthur.tumblr.com/
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

RNDM has a beef with maroon 5 ;) their singer is a PJ fan? I really hate that guy...and his voice *cringe*

could you link me to joseph's blog please? :)
    I checked out the video of the Maroon 5 SNL performance online out of curiosity... I have never listened to them, but damn! I couldn't even watch more than 30 seconds because the song was so horrible and ridiculous. Well, there is no accounting for taste, assuming they actually have any fans. :?
    And yeah, if he is aware of RNDM, then they must have copied them for some reason. If so, that seems like a really strange decision to make. Kind of funny though.
  • Options
    On their Facebook they posted a picture of Maroon 5 on SNL and had this to say about them...

"WARNING! The watered down orange shite on SNL was not RNDM."

:lol::lol::lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    On their Facebook they posted a picture of Maroon 5 on SNL and had this to say about them...

:lol:
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    thefixer9 wrote:

:mrgreen: there are not enough "like" options on fb for this one!
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:

:lol:
  • Options
    2 thing;

1. Has anyone heard the Theme Of RNDM Gong? Pretty awesome!

2. Did anyone notice in the booklet it says " Drum Loop on Darkness; Matt Cameron"
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    thefixer9 wrote:

2. Did anyone notice in the booklet it says " Drum Loop on Darkness; Matt Cameron"

Yeah!! Someone mentioned that when we were at the show last week. How cool!!! :D

Also....who the hell does Maroon 5 think they are?! :evil: :evil: :evil:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2