Options

Introducing RNDM

Comments

• Options
    Montreal show was great. Jeff was in the zone, Joseph seemed to be having fun, and Richard was just batshit crazy! :lol:

For David Garza's final song Jeff and Richard came out to play:
    DkXWFl.jpg
    2012: Missoula MT, Orlando FL (Eddie Vedder), Jacksonville FL (Eddie Vedder), Montreal QC (RNDM)
    2013: Seattle WA (RNDM), Portland OR, Spokane WA, Seattle WA
    2016: Miami FL, Tampa FL, NYC, Boston MA
    2018: Boston MA
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,461
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Joseph Arthur's tour blog. It is outrageously interesting!! :) And all the photos are outstanding.

http://josepharthur.tumblr.com/

Awesome pics! :mrgreen:

Epic! :D
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    after many listens i have to say that i absolutely LOVE their cd
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,211
    I'm finally having my 1st listen to Acts & I'm loving it!!! Great album so far! :D Liking. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    supadupasupadupa Chicago Posts: 377
    I've listened to Acts a ton already. It's fantastic! I'm getting so excited for the show in just a few days! I'll probably have a total nerd meltdown if I actually get the chance to tell Jeff he was 100% the reason I started playing bass as a teen. Dude is still one of my heroes.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Montreal show was great, but Jeff didn't seem as happy. He wouldn't come out and greet after the show, neither. A bit bummed about that, but the sheer energy of the show was incredible. Richard is an Animal!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    ceska wrote:

Here's a photo of my loot from the show.

RNDM-Autographs-1a.jpg

Is it really necessary to ask for 3 autographs from one person? Or is it gluttony? I call the latter.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,684
    Hey, just wondering: to those who have now been to the non-storm shows, where I know people couldn't go, is anyone showing up to them?? I'm seeing all these photos from fans, and they are ALL taken from right in front of the stage, no other people in them, with a sense of emptiness ... and lots of comments on the band, but none ever about the crowd or the vibe... are the venues empty or what?? How are the crowds? I'm starting to worry that no one is attending or buying tix (which would suck for them, especially considering all the publicity and good reviews, and would make the shows a bit weird too). But maybe it's just a coincidence that all the photos and vids seem to taken up close without any of the crowd at all in them?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    ceska wrote:

RNDM-Autographs-1a.jpg

Is it really necessary to ask for 3 autographs from one person? Or is it gluttony? I call the latter. Have some respect and don't be an autograph slut.
    Holy shit. That is quite the unreasonable attack on another member who posted a happy photo. Wtf, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? :? Maybe just mad and mean because you didn't get to meet the band?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    ceska wrote:

RNDM-Autographs-1a.jpg

Is it really necessary to ask for 3 autographs from one person? Or is it gluttony? I call the latter. Have some respect and don't be an autograph slut.
    Holy shit. That is quite the unreasonable attack on another member who posted a happy photo. Wtf, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? :?

Holy shit yourself. Asking for not one but 3 autographs. Someone has big balls.

Joseph called one of these guys out last night. The musicians are on to folks who are just there for the loot and nothing else. And posted a happy photo? Posting the goods you got is nothing more the need to brag. :roll:
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,095
    Haha, thanks bro (PJ_Soul). Jean - some people might meet the guy ten times and have one thing signed each time, but most likely this might be my only chance to ever meet him (and thus far first chance meeting someone from PJ). It's certainly not uncommon from what I've seen. I asked him to personalize it, so it's obviously not for resale. They've purposely been coming out after shows to meet and greet, take photos, sign stuff. It's not like I hounded him on the street.

PJ_Soul, Bowery was maybe 2/3 full, but I felt a good vibe nonetheless. The people up front were digging it for sure, a few even seemed to know the lyrics. I don't go for every sideband so I shouldn't expect every PJ-related show to sell out, but RNDM is good and people are missing out! I also had the good fortune of catching Joseph Arthur this summer, so I knew what it might be like.
  • Options
    Great show! Though turnout was disappointing, the band rocked it... Anyone on the fence about these shows needs to go, well worth the money. Joseph Arthur is a true talent, Jeff killed it, and Richard was boss! Might have stolen the show (which is saying a lot, as Pearl Jam is my favourite band and Joseph one of my favourite songwriters).

@PJ_Soul... not a lot of people there (though kind of predictable, as there weten't many at Joseph Arthur here at folk-fest a few years back)... But it was great.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    ceska wrote:
    Haha, thanks bro (PJ_Soul). Jean - some people might meet the guy ten times and have one thing signed each time, but most likely this might be my only chance to ever meet him (and thus far first chance meeting someone from PJ). It's certainly not uncommon from what I've seen. I asked him to personalize it, so it's obviously not for resale. They've purposely been coming out after shows to meet and greet, take photos, sign stuff. It's not like I hounded him on the street.

It's gluttony, and I'm disgusted that people actually bother the musicians to satisfy their gluttonous, selfish needs. 1 was't enough for you, huh? Disgusting. Like I said, the musicians are on to you guys, as I was seeing for myself last night.
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    ceska wrote:

It's gluttony, and I'm disgusted that people actually bother the musicians to satisfy their gluttonous, selfish needs. 1 was't enough for you, huh? Disgusting. Like I said, the musicians are on to you guys, as I was seeing for myself last night.
    Even if you think it, I don't see your reason for actually posting that... and here I was just reading your posts in that thread in AMT about how people should be respectful to one another... I wouldn't call you calling someone else a gluttonous merch slut and saying they disgust you respectful at all. Do you? Publicly Shitting on someone else's obvious happiness and attempting to shame them seems pretty mean and nasty to me. Everything you posted in that thread where you tried to come off as wishing for more positivity on the boards and saying how new people have come and made the place more negative than the pit was is now completely moot. :(
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    ceska wrote:

Even if you think it, I don't see your reason for actually posting that... and here I was just reading your posts in that thread in AMT about how people should be respectful to one another... I wouldn't call you calling someone else a gluttonous merch slut and saying they disgust you respectful at all. Do you? Everything you posted in that thread where youbtired to come off as wishing for more positivity on the boards and how new people have come and made the place more negative than the pit was is now completely moot. :(

Well, I see no reason for not calling out injustices. Especially hearing what I heard Joseph say, so consider me to be on the side of the musicians. And obviously you didn't read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=198267
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    ceska wrote:

Even if you think it, I don't see your reason for actually posting that... and here I was just reading your posts in that thread in AMT about how people should be respectful to one another... I wouldn't call you calling someone else a gluttonous merch slut and saying they disgust you respectful at all. Do you? Publicly Shitting on someone else's obvious happiness and attempting to shame them seems pretty mean and nasty to me. Everything you posted in that thread where you tried to come off as wishing for more positivity on the boards and saying how new people have come and made the place more negative than the pit was is now completely moot. :(

Let me guess, you're one of these gluttonous, people, no? You obviously feel the need to justify hoarding autographs and getting as much as one can off our idols?
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,095
    Yes, we were all really bothering them at the merchandise table where they were trying to sell stuff, like burglar masks, wristbands and five different shirts... How awful and gluttonous.

I'm guessing you didn't wake up on the wrong side of bed, but are like that every day, and you seem proud of your history of calling people out - seems like the world around you is having a good time and you're not. Enjoy the rest of your night continuing to be miserable.

Jeff and I had a nice, albeit very brief, chat about photography and his album art prompted by the CD covers. Richard and Joe were plentiful with their time, Richard even gave me more time than I expected. It wasn't a hit and run deal. Everybody there was grateful to meet the guys, and they appreciated the interest people showed.
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

Even if you think it, I don't see your reason for actually posting that... and here I was just reading your posts in that thread in AMT about how people should be respectful to one another... I wouldn't call you calling someone else a gluttonous merch slut and saying they disgust you respectful at all. Do you? Everything you posted in that thread where youbtired to come off as wishing for more positivity on the boards and how new people have come and made the place more negative than the pit was is now completely moot. :(

Well, I see no reason for not calling out injustices. Especially hearing what I heard Joseph say, so consider me to be on the side of the musicians. And obviously you didn't read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=198267
    Whatever - you have completely contradicted yourself; i just can't believe you went off not 20 minutes ago about tolerance, respect, having reasoned and controlled debate, etc. I also have no clue how you think someone getting three items signed, where the signer clearly did so willingly, is an injustice. I mean, it's not like a RNDM CD is going up on eBay and making a person money!! This is obviously a genuine fan who was excited to get time with the band and to make his items special to himself with personalized sigs. It is bizarre that you are so bothered, but really surprising that you decided to say so in such a cruel and disrespectful and purposefully demeaning way after spouting off against such behaviour only minutes ago. I'm just taken aback is all.

To those responding about the crowds... thanks for the update. That's really a shame about the lack of crowds; mostly I feel bad for the band. It has to be a let down for them, not to mention a financial hit, assuming they hoped the tour would pay for itself and then some. I wonder if Jeff didn't seem happy because of the lack of people?? I'm glad that those who went were into it, but a less than full crowd has got to get to him after a bit. I hope word spreads fast, and the crowds grow as they go along.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Jeanwah wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

Let me guess, you're one of these gluttonous, people, no? You obviously feel the need to justify hoarding autographs and getting as much as one can off our idols?
    I have never had anything signed in my entire life and I have no intention of getting anything signed. I don't actually feel comfortable asking (but if othersike it, that is fine with me and not my business). Also, I rarely even buy Merch for anything. Didn't even consider getting anything in Missoula. The only thing I do buy is vinyl, and I would never bring vinyl to a show even if I did want it signed, which I don't. I wouldn't want tonrisk even taking it oit of my home. And i would never consider selling it ever. The last famous persm I spoke to was Tom Selleck. I was 7. Nope, my defense here is purely about how badly you are treating a fellow member who doesn't deserve to be treated that way. And I just can't ignore the stunning hypocrisy you are displaying.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    ceska wrote:
    Yes, we were all really bothering them at the merchandise table where they were trying to sell stuff, like burglar masks, wristbands and five different shirts... How awful and gluttonous.

I'm guessing you didn't wake up on the wrong side of bed, but are like that every day, and you seem proud of your history of calling people out - seems like the world around you is having a good time and you're not. Enjoy the rest of your night continuing to be miserable.

Jeff and I had a nice, albeit very brief, chat about photography and his album art prompted by the CD covers. Richard and Joe were plentiful with their time, Richard even gave me more time than I expected. It wasn't a hit and run deal. Everybody there was grateful to meet the guys, and they appreciated the interest people showed.
    Awesome! :thumbup: I've never met any of PJ, but Jeff is a guy i would like to have a chat with if i could! Did you check out Joseph's tour blog? I posted a link to it yesterday in this thread I believe. His photographs are really amazing!!
  • Options
    I can only speak for myself, I went to two shows and they were a lot of fun. It is what it is, a fun side project with a quick tour put together. The guys look like they're having a blast and still working through songs and I was totally impressed with the 3 of them as musicians. It's obvious that this wasn't put together for stadiums, they just want to get out there and play so I'm not surprised that the crowds are a little thinner.

I'm grateful that they came up here at all. The crowd was great in Montreal I thought and there were a respectable amount of people for a club show, the band totally rocked. Ottawa was a different vibe because they weren't actually playing a club, they played a college for some weird reason and it wasn't well advertised, but it was still unique and special. They switched up the setlist entirely from the night before which was a nice touch. There were a handful of people outside and Jeff came out on his own and willingly signed a few things for people and said hi then the drummer came out to chat, it was freezing out though so it was brief but very cool. People just want to say hi, I have absolutely nothing negative to say at all. It was way lower key than an Ed show and people were actually respectful enough, unlike an Ed show, to not scream out disrespectful shit, or scream out for PJ songs or get so loaded all they can do is sit there and ruin it for the people around them. So yeah, good fun times. Good music.
  • Options
    I can only speak for myself, I went to two shows and they were a lot of fun. It is what it is, a fun side project with a quick tour put together. The guys look like they're having a blast and still working through songs and I was totally impressed with the 3 of them as musicians. It's obvious that this wasn't put together for stadiums, they just want to get out there and play so I'm not surprised that the crowds are a little thinner.

I'm grateful that they came up here at all. The crowd was great in Montreal I thought and there were a respectable amount of people for a club show, the band totally rocked. Ottawa was a different vibe because they weren't actually playing a club, they played a college for some weird reason and it wasn't well advertised, but it was still unique and special. They switched up the setlist entirely from the night before which was a nice touch. There were a handful of people outside and Jeff came out on his own and willingly signed a few things for people and said hi then the drummer came out to chat, it was freezing out though so it was brief but very cool. People just want to say hi, I have absolutely nothing negative to say at all. It was way lower key than an Ed show and people were actually respectful enough, unlike an Ed show, to not scream out disrespectful shit, or scream out for PJ songs or get so loaded all they can do is sit there and ruin it for the people around them. So yeah, good fun times. Good music.

cool post!
    i love that some music is just meant for clubs. being up close, watching the smiles and seeing them sweat(lol)...it's such an important part of rock n roll, for me. i just can't live without club shows
    rndm, i'm sure, are not setting out to want to play 15000 seat arenas
    and for that thought alone, i love jeff et all. they are in it for the love of music FIRST
    it should be that simple.
    THANKYOUJEFF is all i can say :D
    sooo happy about rndm

RNDM - Hollow Girl (Philly) 11-4-12
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E52mH3p3Hb8
    thanks to whomever posted this video!!!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Joseph Arthur's tour blog. It is outrageously interesting!! :) And all the photos are outstanding.

http://josepharthur.tumblr.com/

thanks for posting this link!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,235
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Joseph called one of these guys out last night. The musicians are on to folks who are just there for the loot and nothing else. And posted a happy photo? Posting the goods you got is nothing more the need to brag. :roll:

What did Joseph say?
  • Options

cool post!
    i love that some music is just meant for clubs. being up close, watching the smiles and seeing them sweat(lol)...it's such an important part of rock n roll, for me. i just can't live without club shows
    rndm, i'm sure, are not setting out to want to play 15000 seat arenas
    and for that thought alone, i love jeff et all. they are in it for the love of music FIRST
    it should be that simple.
    THANKYOUJEFF is all i can say :D
    sooo happy about rndm

RNDM - Hollow Girl (Philly) 11-4-12
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E52mH3p3Hb8
    thanks to whomever posted this video!!!
    Don't get me wrong - I LOVE small club venues! It's the reason I chose to go see them instead of Springsteen the night they're in town! I wasn't asking about the crowds because I want a massive one, and of course it's nothing like an EV or PJ show; I don't think anyone on the face of the planet would be expecting or hoping for that ... it's just that a small venue that is half empty is another story again. I was hoping people would be stoked enough about this great trio for their intimate shows to sell out, or at least get closer to it. I'm sure the band wishes that were so; of course they do. It cannot be easy to arrange an tour, work really hard on promotion, and then only sell half of the tickets. That will get to these guys; they're not a garage band with low expectations; they do still care about their expectations being met and about people wanting to see their shows. I'm not trying to be a bummer here; just being realistic and honest about it. I am glad those going Are enjoying it; that .makes me feel better. But it would be nice if the club venues were filling up, obviously! I really hope the turn out is stronger in the west!
  • Options
    [/quote]
    Don't get me wrong - I LOVE small club venues! It's the reason I chose to go see them instead of Springsteen the night they're in town! I wasn't asking about the crowds because I want a massive one, and of course it's nothing like an EV or PJ show; I don't think anyone on the face of the planet would be expecting or hoping for that ... it's just that a small venue that is half empty is another story again. I was hoping people would be stoked enough about this great trio for their intimate shows to sell out, or at least get closer to it. I'm sure the band wishes that were so; of course they do. It cannot be easy to arrange an tour, work really hard on promotion, and then only sell half of the tickets. That will get to these guys; they're not a garage band with low expectations; they do still care about their expectations being met and about people wanting to see their shows. I'm not trying to be a bummer here; just being realistic and honest about it. I am glad those going Are enjoying it; that .makes me feel better. But it would be nice if the club venues were filling up, obviously! I really hope the turn out is stronger in the west![/quote]

I hear you on this, I'm sure the guys would love to see the place packed, but besides one brief mention on local radio yesterday the ONLY place i've seen RNDM advertised is through this forum and a PJ email that went out I believe. So if their goal was for more people then this particular forum is probably not the best place to advertise. I know way more pj fans who don't come here than do. It's a quick turnaround with the album, promotion, tour. Just from what I saw, the guys looked happy and were having fun so I wouldn't worry about it too much :)
  • Options

This mostly reflects my experience at the Bowery in NYC. Jeff was actually pretty laid back musically, while Joseph and Richard really TORE IT UP. I've seen bigger crowds at the venue, but it filled in nicely by showtime. David Garza was really good... one of the better solo acoustic guitar warm-up players I've seen.

As far as the merch/autograph issue raised, get real. THEY VOLUNTARILY MANNED THE MERCH STAND. If they want a 'one item per fan' rule, they'll enforce it. I was also leaning on the stage right next to Ceska for the entire show, but not with him afterwards. Obviously, I have no way of knowing someone from a hour or so of bullshitting with each other before the warm-up and between sets, but I really don't get the sense that he was going to be, overtly or covertly, an opportunistic douche taking advantage of the band afterwards. I've been brought backstage a couple of times by roadies to get autographs (and ONLY autographs, ya' pervs :P )... I've gone to the merch stands and not bought things and still gotten autographs. Bottom line, musicians at that level of success, or lack thereof, 'get' it, and they LIKE happy fans. They're often grateful for people coming out, and are happy to schmooze and sign an extra piece or two. And they're not shy... if they can get onstage every night, they can say "move along... I'm only signing one piece." Ceska was NOT bringing 10 baseballs to Derek Jeter that he was putting on ebay as soon as he got them signed. Give it a rest.
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Don't get me wrong - I LOVE small club venues! It's the reason I chose to go see them instead of Springsteen the night they're in town! I wasn't asking about the crowds because I want a massive one, and of course it's nothing like an EV or PJ show; I don't think anyone on the face of the planet would be expecting or hoping for that ... it's just that a small venue that is half empty is another story again. I was hoping people would be stoked enough about this great trio for their intimate shows to sell out, or at least get closer to it. I'm sure the band wishes that were so; of course they do. It cannot be easy to arrange an tour, work really hard on promotion, and then only sell half of the tickets. That will get to these guys; they're not a garage band with low expectations; they do still care about their expectations being met and about people wanting to see their shows. I'm not trying to be a bummer here; just being realistic and honest about it. I am glad those going Are enjoying it; that .makes me feel better. But it would be nice if the club venues were filling up, obviously! I really hope the turn out is stronger in the west!

I hear you on this, I'm sure the guys would love to see the place packed, but besides one brief mention on local radio yesterday the ONLY place i've seen RNDM advertised is through this forum and a PJ email that went out I believe. So if their goal was for more people then this particular forum is probably not the best place to advertise. I know way more pj fans who don't come here than do. It's a quick turnaround with the album, promotion, tour. Just from what I saw, the guys looked happy and were having fun so I wouldn't worry about it too much :)
    They've actually been working fairly hard on promotion. They were on Jimmy Fallon, they've eagerly been doing several radio spots/interviews back east, in-store promos, blogging (Joseph is trying to get it out there on Twitter and FB a LOT). And then there is their very big effort at branding the band ... I actually think they are putting in quite an effort, and that suggests they would indeed be disappointed in the turn out. That you think they haven't really been promoting may be a pretty good sign telling them they need to change their tactics... the best thing for them would be getting at least one song into heavy radio play, and that obviously hasn't happened.
  • Options
    [/quote]
    They've actually been working fairly hard on promotion. They were on Jimmy Fallon, they've eagerly been doing several radio spots/interviews back east, in-store promos, blogging (Joseph is trying to get it out there on Twitter and FB a LOT) ... I actually think they are putting in quite an effort, and that suggests they would indeed be disappointed in the turn out. That you think they haven't really been promoting may be a pretty good sign telling them they need to change their tactics... the best thing for them would be getting at least one song into heavy radio play, and that obviously hasn't happened.[/quote]

That's very true on Kimmel and Twitter, but then you're probably like me where you're connected everywhere on the social sites and the net. I'm always surprised/annoyed at people who ask me where I get my info and I think um duh, it's everywhere! I forget though that not everyone is connected online, some people still rely on radio for discovering new music or whatever they do, I don't know. Whose to say really why every PJ fan in the vicinity didn't descend on these shows, but to tell you the truth it made it a little more special for me. You know what it is actually? I think this is the first time I went to something PJ related that wasn't stressful! I didn't have to f5 for tickets or any of the other hoopla that goes into seeing PJ which is totally fun don't get me wrong, but it's always an ordeal. This was just like going to a local show and the band ended up being really good...and the bassist just so happens to be in a band that you've followed for 20 years lol. So weird.

Touring out of the way places is also a great form of promotion, it's so old school. They're building great buzz, I'm way more inclined to love a new band who comes up to my city for a tour than a hit on the radio and a major city tour IMO.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    They've actually been working fairly hard on promotion. They were on Jimmy Fallon, they've eagerly been doing several radio spots/interviews back east, in-store promos, blogging (Joseph is trying to get it out there on Twitter and FB a LOT) ... I actually think they are putting in quite an effort, and that suggests they would indeed be disappointed in the turn out. That you think they haven't really been promoting may be a pretty good sign telling them they need to change their tactics... the best thing for them would be getting at least one song into heavy radio play, and that obviously hasn't happened.

That's very true on Kimmel and Twitter, but then you're probably like me where you're connected everywhere on the social sites and the net. I'm always surprised/annoyed at people who ask me where I get my info and I think um duh, it's everywhere! I forget though that not everyone is connected online, some people still rely on radio for discovering new music or whatever they do, I don't know. Whose to say really why every PJ fan in the vicinity didn't descend on these shows, but to tell you the truth it made it a little more special for me. You know what it is actually? I think this is the first time I went to something PJ related that wasn't stressful! I didn't have to f5 for tickets or any of the other hoopla that goes into seeing PJ which is totally fun don't get me wrong, but it's always an ordeal. This was just like going to a local show and the band ended up being really good...and the bassist just so happens to be in a band that you've followed for 20 years lol. So weird.

Touring out of the way places is also a great form of promotion, it's so old school. They're building great buzz, I'm way more inclined to love a new band who comes up to my city for a tour than a hit on the radio and a major city tour IMO.
    Kay, well I'd rather see PJ any day. :lol: I don't care about how hard it might be to find a ticket at all because it's so worth it. But I'm all for out of the way venues and stuff though... I simply wish their little venues were sold out. It's not that much to wish for. They're playing in places with only 350 person capacities. It's not like I'm wishing they'd play major venues. Just that they could sell 300 or 400 tickets a show. I am surprised they aren't managing it. You're right, I am way more plugged in that most people when it comes to music and Jeff Ament (Jimmy Fallon is massive, so that's a huge reach) ... but 300, 400 people? That isn't very many people even for a band like theirs, especially for the major cities they're playing in. There are 10s of 1000s of people at least as plugged in as me (manyvway way more so) in any larger city, and only so many shows to go to on a given night. I just hope the great venue they're playing in Vancouver is full! Might be even tougher though - Springsteen is playing that night. Oops!! That might have been slightly poor planning! And I wonder what the turn out will be like in Seattle? They're playing 2 nights there. Perhaps the west coast is catching on to them more... that happens all the time (or vice versa).