Options

Pearl Jam to play Oracle OpenWorld

Comments

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    who cares..

anybody would go if they were given passes.... so you are all full of shit if you say you wouldn't
    Right cause you know me and you know what I would do! Hilarious! :nono: Why would I support a CEO that pays himself the salary that he pays himself? Pearl Jam have become exactly what they use to preach against. They are part of the machine! Now I feel dirty for being a fan!

no i don't..but i do know if u lived in san fran and were handed 2 passes..you would walk in ( if you liked pearl jam)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,942
    Almost looks as bad as them signing with epic years ago back in their youth, right?

Almost looks as bad as them playing festivals with big corp as sponsors, right?

Look on the brightside, maybe they can talk to oracle bout upgrading the piss poor servers during ticket sales.

IBTL
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Can't believe this thread is 5 pages in and no one who has yet to play the "Hey, they all have families and KIDS TO FEED, they gotta make ends meet somehow" card...

Pretty lame, but not surprising. I did remember Vedder played the private party for Oracle a few years ago, wasn't it at the Four Seasons or something?

I know someone who was at the Target employee thing at Target Center a couple years ago too. He told me (not sure if this is accurate) that after they played the 3 song thing with all the other bands, they played another set, mostly acoustic stuff, later on I think that night, maybe at a different venue. I mean, Target at least sold their MUSIC... Oracle is just giving them a big fat paycheck.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Almost looks as bad as them signing with epic years ago back in their youth, right?

Almost looks as bad as them playing festivals with big corp as sponsors, right?

Look on the brightside, maybe they can talk to oracle bout upgrading the piss poor servers during ticket sales.

IBTL
    :corn:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Here's highlights of the 2010 event... :wtf:

https://blogs.oracle.com/oracleopenworl ... s_treasure
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,351
    who cares..

anybody would go if they were given passes.... so you are all full of shit if you say you wouldn't
    Right cause you know me and you know what I would do! Hilarious! :nono: Why would I support a CEO that pays himself the salary that he pays himself? Pearl Jam have become exactly what they use to preach against. They are part of the machine! Now I feel dirty for being a fan!

no i don't..but i do know if u lived in san fran and were handed 2 passes..you would walk in ( if you liked pearl jam)
    For this??? No I wouldn't! I'd tear them up! But thanks again for telling me what I would do! I have to go to work now so that I can afford my mortgage and a meal tonight! Bye bye!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Set List:

Green Disease
    Soon Forget
    Hard to Imagine (they are playing this)
    Gimme Some Truth (played backwards)
    Satan's Bed (2nd time eating crow)
    Sad (yes it is)

Encore:
    Green Disease reprise
    Save You

Oh how awesome and ironic that would be! :mrgreen:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,076
    no comment
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    I don't mind them taking the easy pay day, I just wish they would own it. An announcement should be made here, the setlist should be listed here, photos displayed, and bootleg sold. This is Not for Us..
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Man, Pearl Jam fans are such lame asses these days.
  • Options
    LamentLament Posts: 294
    FrankieG wrote:
    Set List:

Green Disease
    Soon Forget
    Hard to Imagine (they are playing this)
    Gimme Some Truth (played backwards)
    Satan's Bed (2nd time eating crow)
    Sad (yes it is)

Encore:
    Green Disease reprise
    Save You

Oh how awesome and ironic that would be! :mrgreen:

I hope they play a full band, seven minute version of that "I'm So Glad We Made It To When It All Got Good" song from PJ20.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Why?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Since their hauling out all their gear might as well play a free show in Golden Gate Park to wash some of that corporate karma off their back!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    what was your first clue, the whiny in this thread or the cat thread or the hey girl thread??

• Options
    Noload wrote:
    I don't mind them taking the easy pay day, I just wish they would own it. An announcement should be made here, the setlist should be listed here, photos displayed, and bootleg sold. This is Not for Us..
    kinda like the beacon theater show they did in 08 for the robin hood foundation. Keep it all hush hush, right??

• Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    yeah 10 or 15 years ago the fans on this thread would have already had it locked 8-) too many ukulele songs and stupid father time have softened us all
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:

Yeah, cause people would have been much cooler about them doing an event like this in 1995...
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    yeah 10 or 15 years ago the fans on this thread would have already had it locked 8-) too many ukulele songs and stupid father time have softened us all

10-15 years try like 4. I couldn't be bothered to get this thread locked, but I will go listen to not for you and laugh at all the whiny posts in this thread that think its "their band".

• Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    justam wrote:
    Lament wrote:
    Pearl Jam isn't playing the Oracle Music Festival. They're playing the Oracle Appreciation Event for $2,395 a head. They're two different things.

Wow...

:?

I don't usually comment on what they choose to do but,

this looks bad...

:wtf:

No kidding. I read that Monsanto is a client of Oracle. Good God, PJ is supporting this??!!
  • Options
    Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    I think its perfectly reasonable that some fans find it odd that Pearl Jam, a band that has stood against the corporate world in the past, will be playing a semi-private corporate event for one of the biggest corporate companies in the world.

Its not a case of ownership of the band, its a case of it being weird. One of the main reasons many of us fell for this band was not only their music but their outlook on the world and this event appears not to correlate with the PJ we all knew in the past.

Sure, times change, people grow up and their priorities change. But do PJ NEED to do this? Probably not.
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • Options
    Mikee J wrote:
    I think its perfectly reasonable that some fans find it odd that Pearl Jam, a band that has stood against the corporate world in the past, will be playing a semi-private corporate event for one of the biggest corporate companies in the world.

Its not a case of ownership of the band, its a case of it being weird. One of the main reasons many of us fell for this band was not only their music but their outlook on the world and this event appears not to correlate with the PJ we all knew in the past.

Sure, times change, people grow up and their priorities change. But do PJ NEED to do this? Probably not.
    Well done. This sums it up for me ...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,958
    Mikee J wrote:

Some good points here.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    crussocrusso Posts: 45
    Geez, I'm reluctant to comment on stuff they do, they don't owe me anything. But it just doesn't feel right that they're letting themselves be used by a big company that wants to look good.

It does not fit this band.
    Claudio
  • Options
    djsmootdjsmoot Posts: 126
    Jeanwah wrote:
    justam wrote:
    Lament wrote:
    Pearl Jam isn't playing the Oracle Music Festival. They're playing the Oracle Appreciation Event for $2,395 a head. They're two different things.

Wow...

this looks bad...

No kidding. I read that Monsanto is a client of Oracle. Good God, PJ is supporting this??!!

Oracle has over 380,000 customers that include the largest corporations and the most well respected non-profit foundations.
  • Options
    Mikee J wrote:

So it must be weird to see pj play festivals that are sponsored by big corp or is that ok cause fans can get tix unlike this corporate event??

• Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    Why do I picture Michael Scott and Dwight Schrute trying to throw a party back at the hotel after this gig?
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    Why do I picture Michael Scott and Dwight Schrute trying to throw a party back at the hotel after this gig?

Anyone who says they'd rather go to the Pearl Jam show than Michael and Dwight's private hotel room party is a damn liar.
  • Options
    Mikee J wrote:

So it must be weird to see pj play festivals that are sponsored by big corp or is that ok cause fans can get tix unlike this corporate event??
    Look the economics of the music industry have changed forever and festivals/corporate sponsored or not are part of it...
    BUT the fact that they are doing a non-public corporate sponsored concert event at Oracle... is different for me....
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    djsmoot wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    justam wrote:

this looks bad...

Oracle has over 380,000 customers that include the largest corporations and the most well respected non-profit foundations.

It doesn't matter how many non-profits are on their client list. Monsanto is pure evil.