Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

I've been reading up a lot on the state of Merchandise sales so I felt that even though the people making the business decisions are more qualified to make said decisions than me, I figured to at least say I tried mentioning something.
    A few people have come up with good ideas on how to make easier the sales of show merchandise. Ideas mentioned are to have a bundle with a poster, pin, sticker, shirt, or some combination of those available to 10c members who won 10c seats to the concert. There could be a stand or window inside the venue where presenting the actual hard 10c ticket allows you to purchase your bundle. There could even be a limit of 1 bundle per pair, or not depending on demand. Also, to make processing even timelier, these bundles could be paid for in advance online, so all that's required is to show up and collect your stuff. It was mentioned that those who didn't win 10c tickets should have the chance for Merchandise as well, so perhaps 10c entrants who lost could be given a code or barcode to print and bring entitling them to a bundle if there are extras with or without guarantee of availability. This also would reduce further the lineup at the red bus or other vending areas.
    Whether or not the bundle idea sticks, I do believe a significant amount of the merchandise (especially items like posters and one-off shirts which we know get flipped for a tremendous price online) should be sold inside the venue at multiple locations in the concourse. I get that there are fire-safety regulations against having massive lineups inside a concourse, but having a bus outside open for anyone to purchase items is such an easy avenue for items to be flipped by people trying to make a quick buck. All that said though I understand totally that inside-only stands would cut down on total revenue of the goods which is not good for business - and let's not be naive - merch sales are ALL about business.
    I do believe the experience of being at the show trumps any piece of physical memorabilia and I am extremely grateful that every bootleg is available to everyone making that a sure fire piece of merchandise you can buy at any time. But, if there happens to be a poster or shirt I particularly like, I don't feel I should have to strategize my day around waiting in line, especially when there is a chance the items I'm after have been scooped up by a legitimate fan or not in the meantime.
    Essentially - I do think there is room for improvement in the way merchandise is made available to fans and I don't think it's an overwhelming notion either. Whether this gets read or not, I just wanted to put it out there and at least say I gave my opinion!

the merch truck outside is the dumbest thing ever. talk about pandering to flippers. buy your shit, be given a number (or a confirmation number sent to your phone or whatever), and have the option to pick up your shit on the way out of the venue, or pay extra to have it shipped to you at home. no one who isn't at the show has any reason or claim to show-specific merch.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    and be allowed to buy ONE or maybe TWO of an item. that's it. whatever is left over, if any, will easily sell in the shop.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

and be allowed to buy ONE or maybe TWO of an item. that's it. whatever is left over, if any, will easily sell in the shop.

Yeah man, I've always seen show merchandise as something you can buy to say "I was there for that one". Obviously people not there want to buy the stuff and that's fine - I do it too. So use the shop, and keep the show stuff that day for people inside only
  • Options
    I was looking at the state of my current lunchbox, and I was thinking I would buy a metal PJ lunch box in a heartbeat. A sweet vintage looking PJ lunchbox would be fantastic.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    there is no voice
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    the lottery sucks . each fan only one ticket unless it's a show that no one is attending anyway = not a fan club but a money collector. =N/A
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,835
    sell Pearl Jam skate decks in the shop. skate deck design concepts could be former albums like Yield, No code and Riot Act. Make a limited run but give tenclub members a chance to buy them.
  • Options
    Bring back the old ticket presale system(presumably with better servers). Or PLEASE work out a way to make the stupid lottery more fair! Maybe if a fan loses out on lottery tix, he/she is higher priority in the next lottery over fans who got tickets the last time around. Hometown/local show priority is a good idea, too. I've been paying my fan club dues for 17 years now, and haven't been able to get tickets through the fan club since 2008. Couldn't get them in 2010 because of presale server issues(ie the obligatory crash due to high traffic), and i've been left out in the cold on every tour since the lottery was implemented. Used to be my membership at Tenclub.net allowed me to bypass the middleman (usually the dreaded Ticketmaster), but now i invariably end up trying to score general sale tix at Ticketmaster, making Ten Club the middleman... a middleman that ends up costing me $40/year, and ultimately doing nothing for me. It's getting hard to rationalize that yearly membership cost when the whole reason i pay it is for ticket access, and i'm denied year after year...
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,853
    10C, Thanks for setting side what had to be a massive amount of fan club tickets for the Fenway and Wrigley shows. These are the next best thing to fan-club-only shows and the effort that went into making it happen is much appreciated. I think I speak for many in saying we're thrilled about together celebrating the music of Pearl Jam in the two best ballparks in America. Condolences to those who were shut out and hope that come August you'll be in the building :rock_on:
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    jjflash said:

10C, Thanks for setting side what had to be a massive amount of fan club tickets for the Fenway and Wrigley shows. These are the next best thing to fan-club-only shows and the effort that went into making it happen is much appreciated. I think I speak for many in saying we're thrilled about together celebrating the music of Pearl Jam in the two best ballparks in America. Condolences to those who were shut out and hope that come August you'll be in the building :rock_on:

:clap::clap::clap:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    jjflash said:

Word
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,919
    Gordie09 said:

I was looking at the state of my current lunchbox, and I was thinking I would buy a metal PJ lunch box in a heartbeat. A sweet vintage looking PJ lunchbox would be fantastic.

I would totally want one for work.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,919
    demetrios said:

derbydave said:

Can we get some nice hi-rez wallpapers made from some of these GREAT new tour graphics??
    Love the design and the new photo of the band!!

I'm trying to find that sweet animated gif of this following logo. Think it was included in the last newsletter?

Or was it this one ..

The logo was an animated gif.
    Here it is. Included in today's 10club newsletter.

• Options
    What is the deal with the outrageous concert ticket prices? I thought one of this band's ideals was to keep concerts affordable for it's fans. I've only been in the ten club for a few years, but have been a fan of the music and an ardent supporter since basically day one. The only band I would ever openly admit may have been better is The Beatles. I work my ass off to have a home and keep my bills up to date, yet cannot afford to go see Pearl Jam live anymore because of the steep ticket prices. What am I supposed to do .... eat plain rice for two weeks just so I can see the band perform live? Pearl Jam will always be my favorite band, but I am very disappointed at the cost of the shows these days. smh
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

What is the deal with the outrageous concert ticket prices? I thought one of this band's ideals was to keep concerts affordable for it's fans. I've only been in the ten club for a few years, but have been a fan of the music and an ardent supporter since basically day one. The only band I would ever openly admit may have been better is The Beatles. I work my ass off to have a home and keep my bills up to date, yet cannot afford to go see Pearl Jam live anymore because of the steep ticket prices. What am I supposed to do .... eat plain rice for two weeks just so I can see the band perform live? Pearl Jam will always be my favorite band, but I am very disappointed at the cost of the shows these days. smh

Nevermind. I'll keep my comments to myself even tho you put it out there. I hope you catch an upcoming show.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    rspinarspina Posts: 37
    rival9500 said:
    A system that allows one member 3 or 4 shows and another member 0 shows that put in for the same shows is shit regardless of your number. This is not "spreading the love".

!00% Agree. My number is 104xxx. I'm not asking for GA or front row just a hassle free way (using the ten club) to get tickets to the show(s) in my area. In this case MSG. Just put me in the building so i don't have to waste my time with Ticketmaster. I've traveled when i was in my teens and twenties and still drive to shows within a 4-5 distance from long island. However, at this point there are other things like kids and a mortgage and a full time job that you have to take into consideration as well. Things i didn't need to consider 20 years ago. The thing is I don't think that a person should be able to get both MSG's and a Philly request before others have gotten a pair though. At this point they should just go back to 1 show a tour and remove GA as a priority. How about you just put in for the show and they run an internal lottery to see who gets GA? I've had GA, I've had 4th Row dead center at MSG 98, I've been pushed further back with the random selection for rows 1,2,9,10. I never cared all that mattered to me was that i was at the show and the experience I had was made better by not having to deal with TM. I'm all for new fans experiencing the band and getting tickets the same way I do but i think at this point multiple shows requests need to end. This way you get as many fan club members into the building over a 2 night run. But really when they are playing 20 miles from my house can I at least get 1 pair of ten club tickets?
  • Options
    odiedragonodiedragon Arena, WI Posts: 206
    edited February 2016
    Post edited by odiedragon on
    "So now, I drink wine." - Milwaukee, WI 10/20/14
    "How fortunate were we that we were born in Chicago..." - Rosemont, IL 5/14/15
    "The irony is that maybe someday they'll find exactly that... maybe that's a good thing." - Rosemont, IL 5/15/15
    "[Unthought Known] wasn't the *worst* thing I'd ever done..." Central Park, NYC 9/26/15
    "Cómo se dice 'really high'?" - Mexico City, DF 11/28/15
  • Options
    get all the tour threads off the porch and over to the GTF section.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

+1
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,586
    jeffbr said:

+1
    +2. Surely threads about hotel rates don't belong on the Porch.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    yellowboyyellowboy Atlanta Georgia biggest PJ Fan Posts: 119
    norm said:

i think everyone would love to hear from the individual band members from time to time on here...q&a's and such...but not in the chat room :nono:

Yes! Any band interaction would be incredible.
    A 10c only show -or several- would be awesome too. Not to make this a wishlist but… :)
    I've got memories, I've got shit.
  • Options
    rupy017rupy017 Posts: 249
    Here is some input.....

Stop using TICKETS.COM!!!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    PJ_Soul said:

jeffbr said:

+1
    +2. Surely threads about hotel rates don't belong on the Porch.
    Agree. Move to GTF.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Please announce if there is an intention to sell a box set of pressed CD's for South America shows. I would like to buy those if they are offered, but not if I've already paid for all of the regular bootlegs. It always surprises me when these are sold months after the fact. Maybe it is just to get more sales as people end up buying both, but it doesn't make sense to sell after the fact and force fans who really want them to buy them a second time.
  • Options

What is the deal with the outrageous concert ticket prices? What am I supposed to do .... eat plain rice for two weeks just so I can see the band perform live?

Um, yes. That's what I do. :peace:
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options

What is the deal with the outrageous concert ticket prices? What am I supposed to do .... eat plain rice for two weeks just so I can see the band perform live?

Um, yes. That's what I do. :peace:
    Lol. Right!? I deprive myself of all kinds of things to buy concert tix!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    No download code for Digital TenClubbers anymore?
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    Ty said:

I thought that was only ever an Analog thing? Which is funny, actually, now I think about it.
  • Options
    bazzer said:

Ty said:

I thought that was only ever an Analog thing? Which is funny, actually, now I think about it.
    +1 for subtle humor.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Ty said:

This made me go and look, since I just downgraded to digital, and there is no mention of a download code at all anymore. Not for analog or digital. There is also no longer any mention of the annual membership item. Looks to me like 10C has reduced our benefits for 2016 ... am I missing something?? I guess I must be, because there is that new 10C t-shirt. Weird that the membership description is missing info though.

http://pearljam.com/tenclub
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on