Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,920
    tino_11 said:

Some clarification on a PJ25 event would be great. Just weather or not there will be a weekend event would help massively.

Also, what's happening with the SA posters, can we expect them to be sold in the shop?

Yes please! Would be great to know if there will be more North American shows happening in 2016. A PJ25 destination weekend in Seattle. Or the SA posters on sale @ the 10club store.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,521
    demetrios said:

tino_11 said:

Some clarification on a PJ25 event would be great. Just weather or not there will be a weekend event would help massively.

Also, what's happening with the SA posters, can we expect them to be sold in the shop?

Yes please! Would be great to know if there will be more North American shows happening in 2016. A PJ25 destination weekend in Seattle. Or the SA posters on sale @ the 10club store.
    The posters please..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    We are here for The Posters!

when he's happy he looks insane

Gorge 2005
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    ^ :lol:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    TC, could you please upload the video of Chris Cornell & The Avett Brothers covering Footsteps from Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on your official YouTube channel? Thank you in anticipation.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    edited January 2016
    if 10C could tell you where your seats are when you purchase them...
    THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!
    then i wouldn't have buy a extra ticket on TM.
    last pj show with 10C tickets i was at the back of the venue.
    (ADA)
    Post edited by blondieblue227 on
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    When this tour was announced I was reading all the info about TenClub seats being better. ( :p I can't find that now) I agree for the most part but would like to suggest that all Reserved seats be in the bowl. While maybe the first row behind GA is really good, any behind those are not so much. Especially if one is short. I would much rather be in the upper bowl on the side than on the floor behind GA. At least a person can see them. Thanks & hope you consider this :)
  • Options
    rspinarspina Posts: 37
    This lottery system sucks, I've been in the club since 1994 and while odds are posted I should not have to be shut out of the shows being played in NY when i live on Long Island. I can not drop everything and travel to FLA where my odds are better. You should be allowed to mark shows as a hometown show. I was never shut out until this lottery was put into place. Mail order was the best system they had. Send a money order for each show and show up at the venue to pickup your tickets. Nothing against new fans they also deserve to experience the show but not getting one show that is 20 miles from my house is pretty fucked up. 2013 brooklyn was also a shut out. At this point I'm not even asking for close seats based on my seniority just put me in the building at face value so i don't have to waste my time with Ticketmaster. Personally I would like to go to both msg shows and Philly however i also have to work on Friday and my job blocks Ticketmaster. So i'm left with my phone and since i can only open one app at a time i will need to get one show if i'm lucky and then try for another and so on and by the time it's all said and done the shows will be sold out. Prior to a lottery system I never had a problem getting tickets to "high demand" shows like NYC, Philly, Boston, Hartford. During that time I'm sure they were taking on just as many new members. I would imagine they have the same 20% allotment for tickets at MSG that they've always had which gives them about 3500 tickets for the club per night. Regardless, a change needs to be made though because stub hub gets to be expensive.
  • Options
    ahey13ahey13 Posts: 3
    Does anyone know of any promo codes that can be used on ComcastTix website for the Philly shows?
    So far away
    And yet you feel so close
    And I'm not gonna question
    It any other way

Philadelphia, PA 9/2/2012
    Chicago, IL 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia, PA 10/21/2013
    Philadelphia, PA 10/22/2013
    Hartford, CT 10/25/2013
    New York, NY 9/26/2015
    Philadelphia, PA 4/28/2016
    Philadelphia, PA 4/29/2016
    New York, NY 5/1/2016
    New York, NY 4/7/2017
  • Options
    I agree with earlier comments speaking out against the lottery system. I have been a 10C member for almost 20 years and I just received an email advising me that I "lost" the lottery to attend the show in my home town. I'm really disappointed.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,300
    Any chance of moving all of the 'roll call' threads to the Given To Fly page? (it does include 'convergence news' in the GTF description after all) There are so many in The Porch (along with all of the lottery-based threads) that they've taken over from all of the other ramblings.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Just curious how they should do it if not a lottery ? How else could they give people an equal shot at tickets
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090

Just curious how they should do it if not a lottery ? How else could they give people an equal shot at tickets

We don't want an equal shot, we just want to get tickets to the shows we want to go to , of course! :p
  • Options
    odiedragonodiedragon Arena, WI Posts: 206
    edited January 2016
    Bad form on Toronto Night 2. Clearly, the powers that be knew about this show, yet it was kept secret. No lottery, GA tickets sold through TM. The irony burns.

I got lucky enough to hit Night 2 by trying for tickets in that magical window where the show was available but not yet announced. That shouldn't be the only way to get decent tickets, especially GA tickets.

No one likes the lottery but at least it gives 10c people a CHANCE at scoring tickets. Now, everything save for a lucky few are in the hands of brokers. And that's not right.
    "So now, I drink wine." - Milwaukee, WI 10/20/14
    "How fortunate were we that we were born in Chicago..." - Rosemont, IL 5/14/15
    "The irony is that maybe someday they'll find exactly that... maybe that's a good thing." - Rosemont, IL 5/15/15
    "[Unthought Known] wasn't the *worst* thing I'd ever done..." Central Park, NYC 9/26/15
    "Cómo se dice 'really high'?" - Mexico City, DF 11/28/15
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    goldrush said:

Any chance of moving all of the 'roll call' threads to the Given To Fly page? (it does include 'convergence news' in the GTF description after all) There are so many in The Porch (along with all of the lottery-based threads) that they've taken over from all of the other ramblings.

agreed. I usually don't agree with policing the forum, but it's getting a bit stupid.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DueyDuey Posts: 3
    I hear ya, I am one of those that lost lottery, and radiostation presale and general sale, only i didn't see 2nd show till 1pm.. scaper show.

I ask PJ, please follow Adele, Mumford and Jack Whites anti scalping ticket styles.

PS I am own angry cause i go shut out.
  • Options
    DueyDuey Posts: 3
    Duey said:

I hear ya, I am one of those that lost lottery, and radiostation presale and general sale, only i didn't see 2nd show till 1pm.. scaper show.

I ask PJ, please follow Adele, Mumford and Jack Whites anti scalping ticket styles.

Me no proof read.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,594
    =
    Duey said:

Duey said:

Me no proof read.
    :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Can we get some nice hi-rez wallpapers made from some of these GREAT new tour graphics??
    Love the design and the new photo of the band!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Windermere11Windermere11 Earth Posts: 133
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
    That this hopeless... situation
    Is what I'm trying to achieve...
    Thank you Mike!!!

1990 12/22
    1991 2/1,26; 3/1; 5/25; 8/23,29
    1992 1/3,17; 7/22; 9/20
    1993 9/5; 10/25; 12/7,8,9
    1995 6/24; 11/4
    1998 7/10,11,13,14
    2000 10/22,25,28,30
    2003 6/2,3,5,6; 10/28
    2006 7/6,7,9,10,12,13; 11/30; 12/2,9
    2009 9/30; 10/1,6,7,9
    2010 5/1
    2013 11/21,23,24
    2014 10/25
    2016 11/14
    2018 8/8,10
    2021 9/26; 10/1,2
    2022 5/3,6,7
  • Options
    14RAY5514RAY55 Mami Posts: 109
    Thank you Pearl Jam and Ten Club for all you have done for all you do. We rock together.
    Still Alive And Well In Miami
    4-23-92 Miami,8-22-92 Miami,3-28-94 Miami,10-07-96 Ft.Laud.,9-22-98 WPB,9-23-98 WPB,8-9-00 WPB,8-10-00 WPB,4-11-03 WPB,7-16-06 S.F.,7-18-06 S.F.,7-22-06 Gorge,6-11-08 WPB,6-12-08 Tampa,10-23-10 Moun.View,10-24-10 Moun.View
  • Options

It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
    That this hopeless... situation
    Is what I'm trying to achieve...

:smile:
  • Options
    I've been reading up a lot on the state of Merchandise sales so I felt that even though the people making the business decisions are more qualified to make said decisions than me, I figured to at least say I tried mentioning something.
    A few people have come up with good ideas on how to make easier the sales of show merchandise. Ideas mentioned are to have a bundle with a poster, pin, sticker, shirt, or some combination of those available to 10c members who won 10c seats to the concert. There could be a stand or window inside the venue where presenting the actual hard 10c ticket allows you to purchase your bundle. There could even be a limit of 1 bundle per pair, or not depending on demand. Also, to make processing even timelier, these bundles could be paid for in advance online, so all that's required is to show up and collect your stuff. It was mentioned that those who didn't win 10c tickets should have the chance for Merchandise as well, so perhaps 10c entrants who lost could be given a code or barcode to print and bring entitling them to a bundle if there are extras with or without guarantee of availability. This also would reduce further the lineup at the red bus or other vending areas.
    Whether or not the bundle idea sticks, I do believe a significant amount of the merchandise (especially items like posters and one-off shirts which we know get flipped for a tremendous price online) should be sold inside the venue at multiple locations in the concourse. I get that there are fire-safety regulations against having massive lineups inside a concourse, but having a bus outside open for anyone to purchase items is such an easy avenue for items to be flipped by people trying to make a quick buck. All that said though I understand totally that inside-only stands would cut down on total revenue of the goods which is not good for business - and let's not be naive - merch sales are ALL about business.
    I do believe the experience of being at the show trumps any piece of physical memorabilia and I am extremely grateful that every bootleg is available to everyone making that a sure fire piece of merchandise you can buy at any time. But, if there happens to be a poster or shirt I particularly like, I don't feel I should have to strategize my day around waiting in line, especially when there is a chance the items I'm after have been scooped up by a legitimate fan or not in the meantime.
    Essentially - I do think there is room for improvement in the way merchandise is made available to fans and I don't think it's an overwhelming notion either. Whether this gets read or not, I just wanted to put it out there and at least say I gave my opinion!
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 502
    One way they could do it so that more people get tickets. Only allow 1 ticket per member. That would double the amount people on 10c that recieved a ticket. But that would piss people off too.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,450
    MK88178 said:

One way they could do it so that more people get tickets. Only allow 1 ticket per member. That would double the amount people on 10c that recieved a ticket. But that would piss people off too.

Or at least offer a single ticket option?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    MK88178 said:

Thats why priorities are for
    Problem is the demand
    Philly-msg -toronto is the pro..rwst ahows has tix
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,920
    derbydave said:

Can we get some nice hi-rez wallpapers made from some of these GREAT new tour graphics??
    Love the design and the new photo of the band!!

I'm trying to find that sweet animated gif of this following logo. Think it was included in the last newsletter?

Or was it this one ..

The logo was an animated gif.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    I forgot to enter the lottery and now need 8 tickets to the 2nd Philly show. Please mail them to me. PM for my address. Thanks Tenclub.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

Hey Tim, what is on that long list you keep trying to give Jeff?

Cincy 2006
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,450

I forgot to enter the lottery and now need 8 tickets to the 2nd Philly show. Please mail them to me. PM for my address. Thanks Tenclub.

With all due respect Jug: how did you FORGET to enter the lottery? (Man, that sucks that you did, for whatever reason)