Penn State Sanctions

1235»

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    davidtrios wrote:
    3000 penn st fans rallied this morning to show support for the penn st football...i guess it never occured to them to rally in support of the victims.

:roll:

nope, never occurred to them at all

Facebook.com/OneHeartPSU
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    davidtrios wrote:
    3000 penn st fans rallied this morning to show support for the penn st football...i guess it never occured to them to rally in support of the victims.

try here if you don't have Facebook.

http://www.rainn.org/ProudPSUforRAINN
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The best place for Paterno's statue is inside Sandusky's cell. It will be there to forever remind him that he took down an institution that he loved due to his crimes.
    davidtrios wrote:

As a fan or student, are they not allowed to ever cheer in public for football again? Do you want them to get whips and perform flagellation for the next five years before your satisfied?
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Jason P wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

As a fan or student, are they not allowed to ever cheer in public for football again? Do you want them to get whips and perform flagellation for the next five years before your satisfied?
    is yes a wrong answer here? :?:
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    How the hell can anyone care this much about college football? I wish the NCAA did give their football program the "death penalty". These nitwits need to be denied their precious football program for at least a decade.

In the rally the other day, the penn st hicks were wearing shirts that said :

FOREVER 409 – a rejection of Paterno’s wins since 1998 being officially vacated – and the front says “THE FREEH STOOGES.”

The freeh stooges? really?

please stop DENYING the findings of a former FBI chief!!
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Jason P wrote:
    The best place for Paterno's statue is inside Sandusky's cell. It will be there to forever remind him that he took down an institution that he loved due to his crimes.

He's not very happy with the sanctions leveled down on his "beloved" program

HARRISBURG, Pa. — Jerry Sandusky is distraught over the NCAA penalties issued to Penn State's football program for the school's handling of his child sexual abuse scandal and maintains his innocence as he awaits sentencing, his defense lawyer said Wednesday.

Attorney Joe Amendola told The Associated Press in a phone interview that Sandusky told him that even if people believe he is guilty of the crimes for which he was convicted in June, it would be "ridiculous" to think Penn State administrators engaged in a cover-up.

The NCAA imposed a multi-year bowl ban on Penn State, invalidated 112 wins, fined the school $60 million and took away future scholarships. The university leadership said the alternative could have been a complete ban on playing games and has acquiesced to the penalties.

Sandusky was convicted in June of 45 counts of child sexual abuse, including attacks on boys inside athletics facilities at Penn State, where he played college football and became a successful defensive coach under Joe Paterno.

"He said, 'To do what they're doing to Penn State is so unjust,'" Amendola said. "He loves the program and he loves the university."

Amendola said Sandusky has asked county jail officials to remove him from what is effectively solitary confinement.

"He continues to believe that the truth will come out at some point, and that he'll get another trial or another opportunity to establish his innocence," Amendola said.
    Amendola said he expects sentencing will occur in September, although a date has not been set. 

Sandusky, who did not testify on his own behalf during the trial, has been writing a statement to read to Judge John Cleland at sentencing that will address all 10 sets of charges.

"Whether he winds up doing it despite what I tell him, is going to be up to him," Amendola said. "It's his life."
    He said there may not be anything Sandusky can say to prevent an extended prison sentence, but Sandusky has "a fighting spirit" and is "cautiously optimistic."

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/national/law ... SAN2MmcG7N
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,199
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/1 ... d%3D192201

Will they ever really find out how many kids this animal ruined for life ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Not surprised, but it's still upsetting every time there is more information about possibly more victims.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    I figure in cases like these, probably one victim in five are willing to come forward. It could even be worse then that.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425

There's no chance of that, but even fewer while there are all those psychotic Penn St supporters out there. I have no problem with the reasonable people that have stood by the school, but the people that have defended anybody involved in the cover up make my stomach churn.
  • davidtrios wrote:

Yeah. This is going to be based on the Posnanski apologist book, so the whole Sandusky thing will be glossed over at best.

I honestly don't see how anyone outside of Happy Valley goes to see this. But, who knows the extent of our collective hero worship and short term memories?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    didn't we just see how ESPN and the like just run with a story....oh never mind

haven't read the book and won't see the movie. Pacino in Any Given Sunday was enough
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    davidtrios wrote:

Yeah. This is going to be based on the Posnanski apologist book, so the whole Sandusky thing will be glossed over at best.

I honestly don't see how anyone outside of Happy Valley goes to see this. But, who knows the extent of our collective hero worship and short term memories?

the sandusky was not glossed over. it was a biography of the man's entire life, not about a scandal that broke during his last year alive. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • davidtrios wrote:

the sandusky was not glossed over. it was a biography of the man's entire life, not about a scandal that broke during his last year alive. :lol:

:lol: Not to start this again, but the Sandusky "affair" WAS his career. It's over 20 years in the making. How this entire story/movie is not shot with that in the background (at the very least) to put things in perspective is, as we say - perpetuating the myth.

But, have fun Penn State Apologis..errr... I mean Alum.

Again, as I said - this movie will have no interest outside of State College.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527

:lol: Not to start this again, but the Sandusky "affair" WAS his career. It's over 20 years in the making. How this entire story/movie is not shot with that in the background (at the very least) to put things in perspective is, as we say - perpetuating the myth.

But, have fun Penn State Apologis..errr... I mean Alum.

Again, as I said - this movie will have no interest outside of State College.

well you're wrong because i am not an alum. nor am i an apologist. look up my post's regarding this issue.

did you read the book? i did. exceprts don't count.

a biography is essentially the man's life in chronological order. before the grand jury stuff came out, paterno didnt think about sandusky much at all for about a decade. the two were barely in each other's lives. and it goes into detail about how the two did not get along much dating back 25-30 years ago. the last part of the book is basically all sandsuky stuff. you sound like you just wanted a hatchet job. what you got was the entire story of his life.

all that said--i sincerely doubt a movie would be made so soon after his death if it did not feature the sandusky story line pretty prominently. i wouldn't think depalma would shy away from that kind of controversy.

and it will have plenty of interest outside of state college.
    www.myspace.com