Options

The Who- North American Tour announced

Comments

• Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I had to pass on the Toronto show since I'm trying to save money. I looked at my concert expenses for the year and I've spent far too much already. Of course if there are still tickets available closer to the date of either the Toronto or Hamilton shows I may change my mind.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    motorcade wrote:
    I see they still have the CD for the March 5, 2007 Chicago show. It's a good one. The DVD sold out a long time ago.

Thanks for the tip, will go check it out, those prices are hard to resist! :D

Most of the shows I have are from the UK/Euro tours, (London (x4), Birmingham, Cardiff & Isle Of Wight all from 2004, plus Bristol, Locarno and Madrid from 2006 are all favourites) Though I do have a couple of US shows from 2002 (Irvine and LA)...
    Boston and Atlanta 2006 were good shows too.

For an unusual one, try Oklahoma City 2007. It was the first show after they cancelled some dates due to Roger getting the flu. His voice sounds pretty ragged but they do a few things you don't usually get to hear including Roger singing part of Ring of Fire.

Fortunately, now that he's working with a doctor, his voice sounds great. :mrgreen:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    I had to pass on the Toronto show since I'm trying to save money. I looked at my concert expenses for the year and I've spent far too much already. Of course if there are still tickets available closer to the date of either the Toronto or Hamilton shows I may change my mind.
    Like I said, there is ALWAYS a ticket.
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Like I said, there is ALWAYS a ticket.

Yeah, and I sincerely doubt I'm going to let myself miss both of those shows. One maybe, but not both. I mean, this is the FREAKING WHO we're talking about.
  • Options
    Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
    For an unusual one, try Oklahoma City 2007. It was the first show after they cancelled some dates due to Roger getting the flu. His voice sounds pretty ragged but they do a few things you don't usually get to hear including Roger singing part of Ring of Fire.

Fortunately, now that he's working with a doctor, his voice sounds great. :mrgreen:

Another unusual one is Chicago (September 2006). I was at the show, and while Roger's vocal problems are tough to listen to, they led to him having to leave the stage and put Pete in charge of singing "My Generation" (which was a very cool experience on its own). Roger made it back in time for "Won't Get Fooled Again," and sounded much better than he had all night; apparently, he had an allergic reaction to something and went backstage to inhale an aerosol form of Benadryl, which opened his throat back up. He still showed no fear in letting loose the primal scream at the end of "Won't Get Fooled Again," which was a relief for the crowd after his disappearance.
  • Options
    bean8969bean8969 Posts: 99
    I bought one of the VIP packages for the Denver show. 4th row Pete side. My favorite band playing my favorite album. I'm pretty freakin psyched!
  • Options
    motorcademotorcade Posts: 108
    motorcade wrote:
    I see they still have the CD for the March 5, 2007 Chicago show. It's a good one. The DVD sold out a long time ago.

Most of the shows I have are from the UK/Euro tours, (London (x4), Birmingham, Cardiff & Isle Of Wight all from 2004, plus Bristol, Locarno and Madrid from 2006 are all favourites) Though I do have a couple of US shows from 2002 (Irvine and LA)...

Roger used to get real problems with people smoking in the venues adversely affecting his voice, thankfully that's a thing of the past now. Over the 3 x London Forum shows in 2004, his voice gets steadily worse, as a result of this, with the third show having to be cut short...

Saw Roger perform Tommy last year and he was in great voice, he was performing a Johnny Cash medley at some shows, but the one I saw (Bristol) didn't get it...
    I changed by not changing at all, small town predicts my fate...

Dublin, 23-08-06; London, 18-06-07; London, 18-08-09; London, 25-06-10; Manchester, 20-06-12; Manchester, 21-06-12; EV London, 30-07-12; EV London, 31-07-12
  • Options
    bean8969 wrote:
    I bought one of the VIP packages for the Denver show. 4th row Pete side. My favorite band playing my favorite album. I'm pretty freakin psyched!
    Close up on Pete's side is almost perfect. Try to get him pissed off during the sound check and you should have a great show! :lol:
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    we ended up 10th row Petes side, right behind the VIP section for Tulsa. pretty damn excited as well.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    not sure how many peeps own the dvd of the live who quad tour from 1996/1997 tour, called "the who quadrophenia live-with special guests"...it had been awhile since i last spun it and um for anyone going to this tour do yerselves a favor and buy and spin the whole thing...i'm especially enjoying the interactive commentary by roger and pete(extra on the dvd). so cool

=me sooo excited about this tour :):D:):D:)
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    motorcade wrote:

loved how they threw "the kids are allright" into the setlist for this show. It had been 31 yrs since the who had played Oklahoma. This show was a lot lighter on the "endless wire" material, but you are right, really unique show.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    Am i the only one who thinks that one of 'em won't make it through the tour ??
    Seems a but much for the old timers... Good luck fella's. :corn:
  • Options
    Am i the only one who thinks that one of 'em won't make it through the tour ??
    Seems a but much for the old timers... Good luck fella's. :corn:
    :fp:

Well, here's half of The Two performing with Ed last month:

http://www.facebook.com/PJStatTracker?filter=3

I hope you're just as worried about the Stones when they tour cuz they're all REAL OLD as well. :roll:
  • Options
    motorcademotorcade Posts: 108
    [/quote]I see they still have the CD for the March 5, 2007 Chicago show. It's a good one. The DVD sold out a long time ago.[/quote]

Received the Chicago 2007 CD...you're right, it's a great show, I'm very pleased to have it!

Just placed another order for Boston 2006 and Oklahoma 2007... :D
    I changed by not changing at all, small town predicts my fate...

Dublin, 23-08-06; London, 18-06-07; London, 18-08-09; London, 25-06-10; Manchester, 20-06-12; Manchester, 21-06-12; EV London, 30-07-12; EV London, 31-07-12
  • Options
    motorcade wrote:
    Received the Chicago 2007 CD...you're right, it's a great show, I'm very pleased to have it!
    Yeah, I like that one a lot.
    "And now to the big movie . . ." :mrgreen:
  • Options
    maynardsux wrote:
    So do I spend $700 for 2 tickets 11th row, in Detroit?

Decisions
    Decisions

Speedy, I just checked and I think a better route would be to grab a couple of seats in section 121, row 8....there's a block of like 5 of them there (including aisle seats) and they can be had for $143.50 each.....it amounts to being like 5 rows back from where you'd be on the floor but a better vantage point in my opinion (and on Pete's side)....let me know, I scored a 3rd row single in section 120 beside it for the same price...can't wait!!! :D
    Funny...

2 months later and these seats in Sec. 121 were/are still available?

Oh well...
    IM IN!!!!!!!!!!!

Detroit here I come!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Buying tickets is just mind boggling.

After the early buying frenzy, I think there hasn't been much activity. It'll pick up when the tour starts and people start reading reviews. I look for LOTS of ticket drops from those unsold VIP packages.
  • Options

After the early buying frenzy, I think there hasn't been much activity. It'll pick up when the tour starts and people start reading reviews. I look for LOTS of ticket drops from those unsold VIP packages.
    Yeah, I agree.
    TONS of tickets in the nose bleeds still available, at least for Detroit.
  • Options

Yeah, I agree.
    Tons of tickets left for the Chicago shows too.

People just cant afford $150-$300 a ticket?
  • Options

Yeah, I agree.
    Tons of tickets left for the Chicago shows too.

People just cant afford $150-$300 a ticket?
    Well, the $300 is for the VIP, right? I'm not willing to spend that just to get some swag, drinks and munchies before the show.

The prices for tickets are a little lower than the last tour. Course after you add all the "fees" they still are pricey. Those $130 tickets came to about $150. I'm going with my sister and brother-in-law to their first Who show and they didn't want to wait to buy tickets. I understand that and we got decent ones.

The other show I'm going to, I plan to wait until the day of to buy tickets.
  • Options
    Well, the $300 is for the VIP, right? I'm not willing to spend that just to get some swag, drinks and munchies before the show.

The prices for tickets are a little lower than the last tour. Course after you add all the "fees" they still are pricey. Those $130 tickets came to about $150. I'm going with my sister and brother-in-law to their first Who show and they didn't want to wait to buy tickets. I understand that and we got decent ones.

The other show I'm going to, I plan to wait until the day of to buy tickets.
    I had to laugh a little, when I realized that people sitting just a few rows ahead of me are paying $300..
    Yet I am only paying $130..

I realize there has to be a "cut-off" at some point, as far as the $300 tickets and the $130 tickets..
    But I would be a little pissed when I realized I paid $300, and the guy sitting directly behind me, paid $130.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    I had to laugh a little, when I realized that people sitting just a few rows ahead of me are paying $300..

I realize there has to be a "cut-off" at some point, as far as the $300 tickets and the $130 tickets..
    But I would be a little pissed when I realized I paid $300, and the guy sitting directly behind me, paid $130.

I'd be pissed too! :lol:
    Some people like the VIP tickets though, since it saves them the trouble of looking for good seats. To me it's no different than going through ticket brokers. Just not how I want to spend my money.
  • Options

I'd be pissed too! :lol:
    Some people like the VIP tickets though, since it saves them the trouble of looking for good seats. To me it's no different than going through ticket brokers. Just not how I want to spend my money.
    And the more homework I do here...hehehe

People sitting a section further from the stage...
    Yet in "closer" rows...Are paying that $300

Example
    Sec. 120 row 13....you pay $130
    Sec. 122 row 4...You pay $300

Doesnt make sense to me...
  • Options
    What's crazy is that the day of the show those same $300 tickets will be $130.
    It's such a racket.
  • Options
    I'm feeling restless
    Bring another score around
    Maybe something stronger
    Could really hold me down.
  • Options
    It's a good day...
    My WHO tickets have arrived in the mail...
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    anyone go to night 1 last night?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    My huge report that was due the day after the upcoming Who show in DC was just moved....looks like I'll probably go now! Just gotta find someone to go with!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Haven't read the reviews yet but there were a few technical problems (it's Quad, what else should we expect?).

Plus side, they found a way to bring John and Keith into the show.

http://youtu.be/2C7SpG4FO5w

Some photos: http://www.gaterrocks.com/cc-common/gal ... 6/19998940
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Haven't read the reviews yet but there were a few technical problems (it's Quad, what else should we expect?).

Plus side, they found a way to bring John and Keith into the show.

http://youtu.be/2C7SpG4FO5w

Some photos: http://www.gaterrocks.com/cc-common/gal ... 6/19998940

Just read that Pete had to leave before the end of the show. Sound was too loud. Mentioned that audio levels will be worked out for future shows.

I hope so.

From Twitter:

@TheWho: Show 1 of @TheWhoTour in Sunrise, FL. Review and pics http://t.co/8t4Izne6
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015