Options

The Who- North American Tour announced

Comments

• Options
    BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    http://bit.ly/preTheWho[/quote]

The Password for the Internet presale that just started this morning is: JIMMY

I just snagged my ticket for the Brooklyn show on November 14th.[/quote]

Thank you! Got my Philly tix. Almost the same exact seats where I saw them in '06. Was hoping for better seats, but I'm in the building with Pete[/quote]

I grabbed a $50.00 ticket just to get in the building. I'm satisfied; especially since this will be my first Who show.
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

• Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    awilkins wrote:
    Forgot to mention I got tix to Manchester, NH; Section 208 Row G. Grew up listening to Who records int he basement with my old man, first time for each of us to see any of them.

Got Section 119 Row C for Manchester, NH
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Well, I envy all of you with your ticket purchases. I still haven't decided which show to go to!
    Maybe we can plan some meet ups along the way.
    It's going to be a great tour!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    Mohegan Sun Pre-sale went up today at 10.

I now have MSG, Mohegan Sun and Nassau Coliseum

May do Brooklyn as a last minute to be in the house sort of thing, but spent WAY too much already.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    these prices are friggin ridiculous

hopefully pearl jam doesn't become the who in that respect
  • Options
    qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 774

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Sorry but that is sort of funny considering this will be the least I've paid for a Who concert. The highest ticket price is $145. Nosebleeds are about $50. Compared to Neil Young @ $275 or over $100 for nosebleeds, or Peter Gabriel @ $189 or $75 for nosebleeds, I'd say The Who price point is pretty good. I mean Pearl Jam is now $90 or more a ticket, and thats every seat in the house including nosebleeds. If Pearl Jam stopped charging one price for every seat, and reduced the nosebleed price to about $50 the front half of the venue would be about $135 or more. Pretty much in line with what The Who is charging this time around.

q
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    i have tickets for 2 shows 8-)

prices are better than the last tour so i bucked up and bought good seats

i'm so happy. OMG

this tour is not to be missed!!! i wonder what shows eddie is going to :?:
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951

Was this posted in 2003? :lol:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

i'm so happy. OMG

I wonder what show Eddie is going to PLAY. I have him playing the Godfather roll in Philly :D
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    Scored a pair of nosebleeds today for a little over a $100. Now just have to wait until Feb 2013 for the show. Oh well, I guess the PJ Montana show and a couple Eddie shows in Novemeber will help pass the time :D
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Got a pair of tix for the Philly concert today! First saw the Who in 1971 :shock: , then again in the 90's. Can't wait to see them again!! :D:D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

Really...ticket prices are reasonable...PJ tickets are are getting up their in price...that is if they ever decide to do a proper tour again.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options

i'm so happy. OMG

I wonder what show Eddie is going to PLAY. I have him playing the Godfather roll in Philly :D
    Or maybe Ace Face? :lol:

I agree, ticket prices this time are less than their last tour.
  • Options
    Chicago is getting 2 shows!!

I'm In for 3 shows total. Can't wait for this!!!!

also thought it was cool that ED did I'm One in the UK...had the album there and talked about Quad and playing the Apollo and then helpless dancer comes out and they do a mini who set :shock:
  • Options
    Chicago is getting 2 shows!!

I'm In for 3 shows total. Can't wait for this!!!!

also thought it was cool that ED did I'm One in the UK...had the album there and talked about Quad and playing the Apollo and then helpless dancer comes out and they do a mini who set :shock:
    I was just about to post this. Maybe there's hope they'll add a Texas show. :lol:

Ed performed Naked Eye with Roger, which I'd have loved to have heard.
  • Options
    So do I spend $700 for 2 tickets 11th row, in Detroit?

Decisions
    Decisions
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

Decisions
    Decisions

Yes!!!!!!!!! If I had the cash I'd do it for sure. Or check the Platinum Seats tab on the right of the Box Office tab and score row 8 for $680. :D
  • Options

Decisions
    Decisions

Yes!!!!!!!!! If I had the cash I'd do it for sure. Or check the Platinum Seats tab on the right of the Box Office tab and score row 8 for $680. :D
    $700 is a ton of money....

decisions
    decisions
  • Options
    Speedy, you do know they added another Chicago show? I know, I know, but if I was throwing down a lot of money for tickets I'm not sure I'd want to add a road trip to the cost.

If you're gonna spend the bucks tho, I'd go for a platinum package and get something really sweet.
  • Options
    Speedy, you do know they added another Chicago show? I know, I know, but if I was throwing down a lot of money for tickets I'm not sure I'd want to add a road trip to the cost.

If you're gonna spend the bucks tho, I'd go for a platinum package and get something really sweet.
    I CANT STAND any/all of the Chicago venues...
    Pathetic sound....

I have passed on plenty of Pearl Jam shows in Chicago, for this very reason...

Those $700 tickets were one of the packages...
    Im not sure which package it was...hehehe
    But it included some free nonsense...hehehehe
  • Options

Decisions
    Decisions

$700 is a ton of money....

decisions
    decisions

Ya, $700 is a ton of cash. I spread $600 over two shows. The first show I got decent lower bowl seats, and the second show I got 15th row floors dead centre. I still can't believe my wife agreed to two shows. Holy shit, I'm going to see The Who play Quadrophenia twice. :D Choose well my friend. 8-)
  • Options

Pathetic sound....

That free stuff really is nonsense . . .
    You're really just paying for good seats. Well worth it IMHO.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    The amount of $$$ I've spent this year on concerts is a bit ridiculous...but this one is gonna be damn hard to stay home for! For now I am ticketless but I definitely think once the DC date rolls around, I'll have to pick up a ticket last minute :shifty:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    The amount of $$$ I've spent this year on concerts is a bit ridiculous...but this one is gonna be damn hard to stay home for! For now I am ticketless but I definitely think once the DC date rolls around, I'll have to pick up a ticket last minute :shifty:
    Yeah, I'm real partial to those last minute ticket drops. It's a little stressful but I've learned there is always a ticket.
  • Options
    maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,086

Decisions
    Decisions

Speedy, I just checked and I think a better route would be to grab a couple of seats in section 121, row 8....there's a block of like 5 of them there (including aisle seats) and they can be had for $143.50 each.....it amounts to being like 5 rows back from where you'd be on the floor but a better vantage point in my opinion (and on Pete's side)....let me know, I scored a 3rd row single in section 120 beside it for the same price...can't wait!!! :D
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options

Pathetic sound....

That free stuff really is nonsense . . .
    You're really just paying for good seats. Well worth it IMHO.

Well, the "free" stuff isn't really free. But, how many posters do you buy? T shirt? Plus, a couple of the packages have an open bar for a couple hours before the show. How much do you spend on drinks/food before the show?

Again, a pretty penny to drop. But, when you start factoring in some of that stuff, it starts to make a bit of sense. If you're someone that strictly goes to the show, doesn't buy ANYTHING before or at the show, then yes, it's all nonsense. But, if you go out to dinner before, to a bar before, start deducting that stuff off the price, and the cost of the better seat doesn't seem quite as silly.

I'm not sure what the $350 per seat package included. Maybe, it was the more expensive one that had the open bar, etc. But, I can say personally, some of those VIP packages were VERY tempting when you could GUARANTEE a (let's say) 7th row seat AND get a couple hours open bar/food/lithograph/tour program and other goodies (Parking? Entrance?). I know at that point, my cost for the "ticket" is my "all in" for the night, and I don't have to worry about dropping coin on a dinner or bar bill or be tempted to buy memorabilia (and did I mention I'm guaranteed a great seat?)

Of course, if you can afford it.....

I think I just got Speedy in some trouble. :twisted:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I ordered a Who CD and DVD of the Philly show a few years back from this site and have been receiving emails ever since. I noticed today The Who CDs / DVDs are 1/2 off. If anyone is interested....

http://www.themusic.com/encore/

$7.50 for a two Cd set

$7.50 for a DVD of the show
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    motorcademotorcade Posts: 108
    I ordered a Who CD and DVD of the Philly show a few years back from this site and have been receiving emails ever since. I noticed today The Who CDs / DVDs are 1/2 off. If anyone is interested....

$7.50 for a two Cd set

I have bought many Who shows on CD/DVD from this site, at those prices you really can't go wrong! :D
    I changed by not changing at all, small town predicts my fate...

Dublin, 23-08-06; London, 18-06-07; London, 18-08-09; London, 25-06-10; Manchester, 20-06-12; Manchester, 21-06-12; EV London, 30-07-12; EV London, 31-07-12
  • Options
    motorcade wrote:

$7.50 for a two Cd set

I have bought many Who shows on CD/DVD from this site, at those prices you really can't go wrong! :D
    I see they still have the CD for the March 5, 2007 Chicago show. It's a good one. The DVD sold out a long time ago.
  • Options
    motorcademotorcade Posts: 108
    motorcade wrote:

$7.50 for a two Cd set

I see they still have the CD for the March 5, 2007 Chicago show. It's a good one. The DVD sold out a long time ago.

Thanks for the tip, will go check it out, those prices are hard to resist! :D

Most of the shows I have are from the UK/Euro tours, (London (x4), Birmingham, Cardiff & Isle Of Wight all from 2004, plus Bristol, Locarno and Madrid from 2006 are all favourites) Though I do have a couple of US shows from 2002 (Irvine and LA)...
    I changed by not changing at all, small town predicts my fate...

Dublin, 23-08-06; London, 18-06-07; London, 18-08-09; London, 25-06-10; Manchester, 20-06-12; Manchester, 21-06-12; EV London, 30-07-12; EV London, 31-07-12