Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    :corn: :wave:
    :lol:
    Told ya, shoulda seen a Quad show!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
    My favorite horrifying example of inappropriate kid presence at a show comes from a gig on the KISS/Aerosmith co-headline tour from 2003. There was somebody with a very little kid on their shoulders down front, near the catwalk Steven Tyler did a lot of his singing from, and Tyler sang the "Met a cheerleader/was a real young bleeder" line from "Walk This Way" right at the kid. I don't think there was anything malicious in his singing (the lyrics are probably on autopilot for him at this point, and are nothing but phonetic recitation without context for an every-night standard like "Walk This Way"), but it was definitely a reminder that maybe Aerosmith (and, let's be honest, KISS) is not exactly the most child-appropriate act out there.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    So I'll be 5th row Tomorrow... Stone's side ;)

what sign will make me famous?? ;)

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-p ... 4780_n.jpg

Awesome show in Manchester last night.
  • Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    awilkins wrote:

Was a great show. Were you the one getting high that got Roger all pissed? lol
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    jmurray wrote:
    awilkins wrote:

Was a great show. Were you the one getting high that got Roger all pissed? lol
    NO!

I noticed in song #1 or 2 that Roger was motioning to someone to knock it off and at that instant I was nervous for the entire show that he might just walk off and not come back. He was REALLY pissed at one point and did storm off for the instrumental portion, I could see him behind Zak getting treatment and being angry. Luckily he toughed it out, even though the douchebags kept smoking. The brownie sign was hilarious. And you could tell Roger was really struggling at times with hitting the notes both due to age/deterioration in voice and the allergy to pot-- as he said, what a terrible allergy!-- but he did hit some sweet spots, did well on LROM and the scream of WGFA.

Great show and enjoyed my upperbowl seats.
  • Options
    Spoiler alert!!! Rumored partial set list for Thursday's benefit show. All I can say is :shock: :ugeek:

Starting to take form:

Cant Explain
    Substitute
    Bargain
    Pure and easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can see for miles
    YBYB
    Kids are Alight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My Generation
    The Real Me
    Bell Boy
    I'm One/Drowned
    5:15
    Love Reign Ore Me
    Who are you
    Behind Blue Eyes
    Pinball Wizard
    See Me feel me
    baba O'riley
    WGFA
    ??????????????????

Obviously, keeping a chunk of the current tour in there. Nice selections from Quad - Keith and Ox tributes intact (I assume those are the versions they will be bringing with them). Can't wait.

Enjoy the last of the Quad tour tonight for those going.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    great show last night
    8512378611_9be4dd98ce_n.jpg

8512387779_ee13e63f88.jpg

roger got pissed at the end with the smoking - told them to bring brownies... and to share with him
  • Options
    great show last night

roger got pissed at the end with the smoking - told them to bring brownies... and to share with him

I love that on the 2nd leg of the tour, they actually have that posted on the screens (no smoking, Roger is allergic, eat Brownies) before the show AND make an announcement. On the first leg, Roger would just say something. :lol:
  • Options
    BTW, for those still on the fence, apparently they dropped some $125 tix for Thursday's show at The Theater @ MSG this morning. Those sold out right away initially leaving the more expensive tix (which are also still available), but apparently some of the "cheap seats" (which at this place will still be closer than most arena seats) have shown up in their offices all of a sudden.
  • Options
    BTW, for those still on the fence, apparently they dropped some $125 tix for Thursday's show at The Theater @ MSG this morning. Those sold out right away initially leaving the more expensive tix (which are also still available), but apparently some of the "cheap seats" (which at this place will still be closer than most arena seats) have shown up in their offices all of a sudden.
    How I love ticket drops. Now if I could just swing the air fare and days off . . . :lol:
  • Options
    How I love ticket drops. Now if I could just swing the air fare and days off . . . :lol:

Oh!! Those pesky things. :lol:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

good lesson for wrigley ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

:lol::lol::lol:

i took a couple of hits at the chicago show. made it so much better.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

good lesson for wrigley ;)

Wanna know the other lesson? Very little scalping even though they pretty much sold out most of their shows. Why? Tix were priced to market. No $100 for front row b/c I joined a club 20 years ago. Everyone paid what the market would bear, so there was very little AFTER market (I'm sure there was some. There always is).

I actually think for Thursday's benefit they adjusted the seating/pricing chart after the fact. I heard folks were sent messages from TM that moved their $250 seats up a few rows. Wondering if those were originally the back of the $1,000 seats that didn't sell as well (but are now mostly if not entirely sold - funny thing is the mid-priced tix are the ones that are most available - again - muting the 2ndary market).

And, nary a complaint on The Who Community over ticket prices, F5's, lotteries or entitlement. Hmmm. Funny how proper free market economics works.
  • Options
    Wanna know the other lesson? Very little scalping even though they pretty much sold out most of their shows. Why? Tix were priced to market. No $100 for front row b/c I joined a club 20 years ago. Everyone paid what the market would bear, so there was very little AFTER market (I'm sure there was some. There always is).

I actually think for Thursday's benefit they adjusted the seating/pricing chart after the fact. I heard folks were sent messages from TM that moved their $250 seats up a few rows. Wondering if those were originally the back of the $1,000 seats that didn't sell as well (but are now mostly if not entirely sold - funny thing is the mid-priced tix are the ones that are most available - again - muting the 2ndary market).

And, nary a complaint on The Who Community over ticket prices, F5's, lotteries or entitlement. Hmmm. Funny how proper free market economics works.

don't tell anyone, but my who ticket was half of face.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

don't tell anyone, but my who ticket was half of face.

Yep. There was a lot of that, too. Most of the shows that sold out sold out day of. And with the late drops, you were able to improve your seat, so folks were just getting rid of their original tix. So, patience definitely pays off. And best of all - The Who got their rightful cash, and folks like you who were smart and patient got a good deal to see the show. Kind of the reverse of what folks are bitching about over on The Porch :shock:
  • Options
    Yep. There was a lot of that, too. Most of the shows that sold out sold out day of. And with the late drops, you were able to improve your seat, so folks were just getting rid of their original tix. So, patience definitely pays off. And best of all - The Who got their rightful cash, and folks like you who were smart and patient got a good deal to see the show. Kind of the reverse of what folks are bitching about over on The Porch :shock:
    I bought my tickets for Anaheim the day of the show. My prince was a little nervous about flying to California without tickets but I wasn't worried about a sellout. With 3 of us going, I thought we'd have to split up but we got excellent seats together, first level up, 3rd row on the aisle in the corner closest to the stage. Only downside was we weren't on Pete's side. One of the security guys handed me a set list after the show (I think he thought I was going to climb over and get it).

Prices were good for this tour. No complaints from me.
  • Options
    Ok. That rumored setlist was complete bs. Show was awesome. Kids was played and it was incredible, as was YBYB, but otherwise choices from the Tour. Costello closed his set with an incredible version of Substitue to get us primed and ready.

Pino got the honors on 5:15. Not the same as The Ox, but very nice. Pete and Roger were on. Their voices were probably in better shape than when I saw them on the first leg.

Shorter set as expected, but still incredible. It was kind of an encore to the tour for us lucky ones.

After the show shook hands with HARRY Daltrey. Thanked him and asked him to please wish Roger a Happy Birthday (which is today). Kind of weird asking a 90 year old to tell his 69 yo son Happy Bday. :lol: He was very nice and thanked me.

Then as I was walking toward the door, saw Derek Trucks with a crowd of friends. I shook his hand and told him I'd see him next month (EC Crossroads at MSG), told him he was awesome and thanks. He thanked me. Susan was with him. And I think Marc Ford, but not 100% sure (even though he's no longer with them, I may have Black Crowes on the brain as that's my next outing). Didn't talk to either of them.

So, all in all a very nice ending to my "Quarter of Quad (and more!)." Cant believe I got to see them in such an intimate venue. Nobody better than The Who!!!!
  • Options
    Awesome, Edson! So great to see them in a place like that. Wish I could have been there. I heard they had to cut it a little short because of union rules.

And meeting Roger's dad! How cool is that!

This tour has been so great. Maybe I'm in denial but I just can't believe that they're going to take it to the U.K. and that's it. We still need a show in Texas, dammit!
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Ok. That rumored setlist was complete bs.

They usually (or in my experience, always) are.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    YESSS couldn't be more excited to catch them one or two more times. The Who has been in my life since birth, as they were my dad's favorite band. Saw them twice in the 60s (once at Woodstock), and once with me, in 2008. It was my first rock concert and at it started my concert addiction...the feeling I got seeing them was something I told myself I would replicate as many times as I could by going to as many concerts as humanly possible. This band means a lot to me...I might cry at these supposed last shows!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,974
    That Boston date is more than a YEAR away! The waiting might drive me mad but I gotta respect the planning. :-)

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Damn, tour closer in Philly will be hard to pass up. Feel like I gotta see them once even if Daltry's voice has blown out.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    3 Texas shows! My tiara will be getting a workout this tour. :))

63schoefflin, have you heard Roger since his throat surgery a couple of years ago? I think he sounds pretty good.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,354
    I'm shooting for the Saturday forest hill show Saturday may 30th great night :) for it ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    chaslilchaslil Westminster CO Posts: 306
    Colorado FINALLY gets Pearl Jam, now The Who snubs us. They should open the September run at Red Rocks.
    Charles
    "The Who is my life. Pearl Jam is my retirement"
  • Options
    That would be great, Charles. I'd love a chance to go to RR.

Texas was snubbed on the Quad tour, so I'm pretty stoked for Dallas and Austin.
  • Options
    chaslilchaslil Westminster CO Posts: 306
    Charles
    "The Who is my life. Pearl Jam is my retirement"