Options

Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    mca47 wrote:
    I'm still pulling for Walt....

:? :D

There's a few of us here and there. My sister and fiancé are both with me.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Im not sure why he took the book in the first place though... doesn't seem like proper protocol, not to mention, it would have bought Hank some more time before Walt started suspecting that he was on to him.

To check the handwriting. If you all of a sudden thought your brother-in-law was a master criminal, you'd probably want to be as sure as you could too.
  • Options
    B-RockB-Rock Posts: 149
    Anyone else think it's incredibly sad to see Jessie like this :(

Seeing his emotions when throwing the money, really was a tear jerker.

I don't think he will survive by the end of the series :(
    Sydney 8-11-06, 18-11-06; Melbourne 20-11-09, Sydney 22-11-09, Manchester 20-06-12, 21-06-12
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Im not sure why he took the book in the first place though... doesn't seem like proper protocol, not to mention, it would have bought Hank some more time before Walt started suspecting that he was on to him.

To check the handwriting. If you all of a sudden thought your brother-in-law was a master criminal, you'd probably want to be as sure as you could too.

yah, i get that...
    but now how is he supposed to prove that it came from Walt's house?

We shall see.

Im still rooting for Walt too. Not sure why... I really hate him for killing off Mike, but I just want Skyler to keel over already. :lol: Maybe if I didnt hate her so much I could hate Walt more.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    B-Rock wrote:

Yeah i thought it was pretty sad for him too. :cry:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,787
    intodeep wrote:
    B-Rock wrote:

Yeah i thought it was pretty sad for him too. :cry:

Yep, Jesse is a fucking mess. I don't think things are going to end well for him or Walt.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I'm really happy Badger is back. Jesse is on his emotional roller coaster.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,787
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I'm really happy Badger is back. Jesse is on his emotional roller coaster.

Badger and Skinny Pete are great!
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Ok, so now I have watched 'Blood Money' 3 times since Sunday ( :lol: )and 3 really wacky (maybe important) things stand out to me:
    1.Walt really does glean something from each person he 'offs' - the towel folded neatly/precisely before he upchucks in the bathroom - total Gus move...cutting the crusts off the bread like Crazy 8 early in the series, becoming more sinister like the hitmen he killed on Jesse's behalf, etc...So does the bacon foreshadowing in the Dennys (spelling out 52) in Episode 1 of 5A signal Skylar is gonna sleep with the fishes???

2. Lydia. Lydia. Lydia. This is the same gal that tried to off Ermentrout when he didn't go along with her plan. Too weird of a scene at that car wash for this to be the end of her. She's pissed and now humilated. Most women I know that = an ugly combo and dangerous recipe.

3. Hank has nobody to confide in about Walt = Heisenberg. His fellow DEA guys? They'll think he's a moron for having this under his nose the whole time. Illegal trace GPS of Walt. He could lose his job, right? He can only really confide in his wife. Does he go after Jesse, Skinny Pete or Badger?

Damn. Can't wait to see this season unfold. And in hindsight, as great as the end of 'Blood Money' was, the foreshadowing in the rundown White home on Blanco Arroyo was terrifyingly suspenseful... Between Heisenberg being spray-painted on the wall, to Holly's vent laying on the floor, and now he's got the ricin...wow.
    This show is amazing.
    UGGGHHHH IS IT SUNDAY YET????????????????????
    :lol:
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    B-Rock wrote:

Yeah I hate it when he's like this because A. He's my favorite character and it's never fun to see your favorite character like that and B. We don't get to hear any hilarious Jesse lines when he's depressed.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I'm really happy Badger is back.

It throws me off when Badger talks because he voice a character on Kick Buttowski...a show that PissBottleBoy watches. That screws with my head.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    Ok, so now I have watched 'Blood Money' 3 times since Sunday ( :lol: )and 3 really wacky (maybe important) things stand out to me:
    1.Walt really does glean something from each person he 'offs' - the towel folded neatly/precisely before he upchucks in the bathroom - total Gus move...cutting the crusts off the bread like Crazy 8 early in the series, becoming more sinister like the hitmen he killed on Jesse's behalf, etc...So does the bacon foreshadowing in the Dennys (spelling out 52) in Episode 1 of 5A signal Skylar is gonna sleep with the fishes???

Wow did you come up with that by yourself? That's a pretty awesome guess.
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Here's a cool article about the color of the characters' clothing: http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/201 ... nding.html

The chart is pretty amazing!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I'm not happy they bought the cancer back, poor Walt. :(
  • Options

Meh. He's a character who's destined to die, one way or another, due to his own hubris. The cancer is a nice, tense, drama-adding countdown clock ticking away.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    Great job, internet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M6yoeOglNw

Of course, there were no replicators on Kirk's ship ... but I'll let that slide considering how awesome Badger's script is. :D
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    kw18 wrote:

Meh. He's a character who's destined to die, one way or another, due to his own hubris. The cancer is a nice, tense, drama-adding countdown clock ticking away.

I wonder if it will make him more heartless too. The only thing he can do to be any worse is if he started using his own meth! :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    PJFAN13 wrote:

I also read that the last name on the id he shows at the Dennys is Skyler's maiden name.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    JK_Livin wrote:
    PJFAN13 wrote:

I also read that the last name on the id he shows at the Dennys is Skyler's maiden name.

Wouldn't surprise me if Walt ends up killing his entire family (perhaps accidentally or indirectly) or something crazy... hence Neighbor Carol's shock and his apparent disregard for just about everything except revenge of some sort (trunk weapons purchase).

Neighbor Carol could be shocked for an endless number of reasons - and I have no doubt that the show will surprise me. That's why this show is so great.
  • Options
    NoCode416 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    PJFAN13 wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me if Walt ends up killing his entire family (perhaps accidentally or indirectly) or something crazy... hence Neighbor Carol's shock and his apparent disregard for just about everything except revenge of some sort (trunk weapons purchase).

Neighbor Carol could be shocked for an endless number of reasons - and I have no doubt that the show will surprise me. That's why this show is so great.

From Carol's reaction, she probably thought Walt was dead.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    JK_Livin wrote:

Agreed - that is most likely. And for that reason, I expect it not to be the case... or at least not the sole reason.
  • Options
    NoCode416 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Agreed - that is most likely. And for that reason, I expect it not to be the case... or at least not the sole reason.

Haha exactly, if we could figure out anything from those 2 flash forwards, even the slightest thing, they wouldn't have showed them. Think back to the bear in the pool, no one on the entire planet predicted what happened.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The big question is, who is the ricin for?
    Walt himself...Jesse? Skylar? Someone else maybe.

Can someone remind me who the boy was that Jesse wanted to donate the other 2.5M to his family?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995

Can someone remind me who the boy was that Jesse wanted to donate the other 2.5M to his family?

It was the boy that Todd shot...riding the bike...that saw them shortly after the train heist...
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    afroannnie wrote:

It was the boy that Todd shot...riding the bike...that saw them shortly after the train heist...
    Ok, thanks for the reminder.

I didnt have time for any refresher episodes.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    Notice Walt had his hair in the flash-forward? Looks like he's making it thru chemo just fine...
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 3j4vQ8Un0k

"And I called Saul and did it my way" :lol:
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I've had this song in my head all day :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxY2cFWqtao
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Better Dan wrote:
    I've had this song in my head all day :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxY2cFWqtao

I downloaded this song from iTunes yesterday lol.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Grandma wrote:
    Notice Walt had his hair in the flash-forward? Looks like he's making it thru chemo just fine...

Other than having his hair, he looked like a bum.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer