Options

Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    I watched every episode of the series in between last year's finale and last night's premiere. Always heard good things but I dont watch too much tv.

Here's the kicker: I finished the last episode of Season 5 Pt 1 just 13 minutes before the premiere last night. Most fans were waiting an entire year to see what happened after Hank looked at the book and I did not even have time to process Hank's finding of evidence while on "the bowl" :lol:.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    And how creepy was the opening scene when he was in his abandoned house?

I bet that's from the last episode of the series, that was a great scene. Appears that Walt has been publically outed as Heisenberg and he's on the run. Did you notice the M16 in his trunk when he went to get the crowbar?
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I just finished season 5 (part-1) on netflix streaming.

For the record, I think season 1-4 are amazing. While I like season 5, episode 6 was terrible. It was painful to watch. But I guess this is where "breaking bad" is finally happening. Walt is just a dick and annoying now. I keep hoping jesse will kick his ass again.

(spoiler)
    When Walt is offered the $5 mil and to get out... and Mike and Jesse want out (after the little kid is killed) umm, doesnt Walt want his family back? Every scene with his wife is sooooo painful and uncomfortable, and there are never any lights on in their house. I just despise Walt now. I nearly shut it off.

I think i've heard Walt say "It had to be done" just tone too many times. But the ending was good, and the foreshadowing of his 52nd b-day was cool.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217

I bet that's from the last episode of the series, that was a great scene. Appears that Walt has been publically outed as Heisenberg and he's on the run. Did you notice the M16 in his trunk when he went to get the crowbar?

It was actually an M60 :shock: the gun that Rambo uses. They discuss it on talking bad.
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

It was actually an M60 :shock: the gun that Rambo uses. They discuss it on talking bad.

Ok thanks missed that show
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    That chick on talking bad was annoying. I was hoping Jesse drove by my house last night.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

Ok thanks missed that show

Yeah, I guess you can see a manual sitting next to the gun that says "M60" but I saw the episode twice and didn't notice it either time.
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    That chick on talking bad was annoying. I was hoping Jesse drove by my house last night.

True that, but then again I'm not sure how I would act givin the chance to discuss breaking bad with Vince on national TV :lol:
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

True that, but then again I'm not sure how I would act givin the chance to discuss breaking bad with Vince on national TV :lol:

How about just Vince and the host. I liked the caller that said he had a question for Vince. Like anyone was going to ask the other 2 people a question.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

How about just Vince and the host. I liked the caller that said he had a question for Vince. Like anyone was going to ask the other 2 people a question.

Haha you never know, he could have had some burning modern family or podcast questions :lol:

I really wish he would have had a better question though, as if Vince was going to disclose anything about what Walt would do with the gun.
  • Options
    What is the reason Walt hasn't killed Jesse? I'm trying to figure it out.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    :shock:
    "If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly."
    GOD
    DAMN
    :shock:
    that was wow!!!!

fuckin great episode!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

I would say it's because he still has a soft spot for him, and because I don't see how he could cause any problems for him as long as he stays out of trouble.

But I wouldn't rule it out just yet, the way he said "you HAVE to believe me" to Jesse, Vince said if Jesse didn't believe him he thinks Walt would have went full Heisenberg on him and killed him on the spot.
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

I would say it's because he still has a soft spot for him, and because I don't see how he could cause any problems for him as long as he stays out of trouble.

But I wouldn't rule it out just yet, the way he said "you HAVE to believe me" to Jesse, Vince said if Jesse didn't believe him he thinks Walt would have went full Heisenberg on him and killed him on the spot.

I thought Jesse was gonna off himself last night... and then when he disappeared for a bit when Badger was telling his Star Trek story... I thought for sure we were gonna hear a gunshot from the other room... I know Walt has done some some messed up stuff since the beginning, but I still can't see him killing Jesse. We'll see. I think Jesse is still his own worst enemy, and Im not sure how much longer he can cope with his guilty conscience.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    umm, doesnt Walt want his family back?

For Walt, I don't think it was ever about his family or money. Well, perhaps at first, to get the ball rolling, but certainly not now. Now it's about power and control. He didn't want to quit because he loved the power too much. That's probably one of the reasons why he confronted Hank -- He loves power and control, but he also loves lording it over someone.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264
    I wish someone would drive by my place and chuck stacks of $100's out of the window! :lol:
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    kw18 wrote:

For Walt, I don't think it was ever about his family or money. Well, perhaps at first, to get the ball rolling, but certainly not now. Now it's about power and control. He didn't want to quit because he loved the power too much. That's probably one of the reasons why he confronted Hank -- He loves power and control, but he also loves lording it over someone.
    I agree with this.
    The money is a by product but he loves the power. Intoxicated by it.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    mca47 wrote:
    I wish someone would drive by my place and chuck stacks of $100's out of the window! :lol:

:lol: Right?!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    intodeep wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

I agree with this.

I agree with this to a degree...even after all the 9-10 guys in jail were murdered, Walt shows up at Hanks house to play with the baby - and he must've known Hank would be upset. I think he was just reveling in his accomplishment there...but then the big pile of money in the warehouse was suddenly enough... Then suddenly he claims he's done. There was no real power accomplishment there, aside form the huge stack of cash. The level of power didnt seem to change when Walt finally decides to get out (or maybe he is lying, I dunno?)..only the cash going from 5 mil to probably like 20-30 mil.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

I wonder if Hank is talking to Marie when he says "The lives he destroyed, he's a monster."
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    intodeep wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    I agree with this.

I agree with this to a degree...even after all the 9-10 guys in jail were murdered, Walt shows up at Hanks house to play with the baby - and he must've known Hank would be upset. I think he was just reveling in his accomplishment there...but then the big pile of money in the warehouse was suddenly enough... Then suddenly he claims he's done. There was no real power accomplishment there, aside form the huge stack of cash. The level of power didnt seem to change when Walt finally decides to get out (or maybe he is lying, I dunno?)..only the cash going from 5 mil to probably like 20-30 mil.
    He told Hank that his cancer had been back for about a month now. Not sure how much time passed from when he got out and when Hank found the book on the crapper, but I''m guessing Walt didn't want to spend his possible last few months alive cooking meth. Besides, he was the king of meth and seemed genuinely bored with the business at the end of the first half of season five.
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

I wonder if Hank is talking to Marie when he says "The lives he destroyed, he's a monster."
    Jesse. I think he's trying to convince him to turn on Walt.
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

Right before he said that he said "I could be the man who caught him" I doubt he would say that to Jesse.
  • Options

Right before he said that he said "I could be the man who caught him" I doubt he would say that to Jesse.
    Did not catch that.
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    If you didn't like the last 5 minutes of last night's show you're not alive.

That was one of the most intense scenes in the show's history. Literally anything could happen at this point.

Best show in the history of TV
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    I want Walt to win and nothing to happen to Jesse. Realistically, the later is my only hope.

I thought last night was great but was slow in the middle.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I totally don't want walt to win.
    I stopped rooting for him a while ago.

I'm rooting for jesse to come out of this okay but i have no clue what will happen
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    intodeep wrote:
    I totally don't want walt to win.
    I stopped rooting for him a while ago.

I'm rooting for jesse to come out of this okay but i have no clue what will happen

Yeah, I shouldn't....but I do.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264
    I'm still pulling for Walt....

:? :D