Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    kw18 wrote:

I Can't Wait!
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I was looking over a retrospective on Rolling Stone's website yesterday and figured something out. I think I really liked the earlier seasons because Walt's character was someone I could somewhat identify with. He was just a regular guy who was trying to provide for his family. I could relate to that side of his character. I would be filled with anxiety watching the show when he hit stumbling blocks.

While I still really enjoy the show, his transformation to Heisenberg has been somewhat of a turnoff for me. I realize it's the evolution of the character, but I wish that duality was still at the forefront.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264
    I was looking over a retrospective on Rolling Stone's website yesterday and figured something out. I think I really liked the earlier seasons because Walt's character was someone I could somewhat identify with. He was just a regular guy who was trying to provide for his family. I could relate to that side of his character. I would be filled with anxiety watching the show when he hit stumbling blocks.

While I still really enjoy the show, his transformation to Heisenberg has been somewhat of a turnoff for me. I realize it's the evolution of the character, but I wish that duality was still at the forefront.

PBM

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I also think that the show has done a good job to show how deep Walt has gotten by a combination of a) choice and b) just getting in to deep to come back from it.
    I also like the development from the perspective of how they showed Walt in the first couple of seasons. A genius who got knocked down over and over again in his career. A guy who could have been making millions but got screwed over whereby taking a $30,000/year gig teaching highschool chemistry. A guy who should be dead from his cancer by now and has nothing to lose...
    I really like how he's developed.
  • Options
    It's definitely an interesting story. I don't know if it's because I marathon-watched the first few seasons on Netflix or what, but last year's 8 episodes didn't really do much for me. They were ok...the cliff-hanging ending was great, but other than that it fell kinda flat.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge BB fan...just thought earlier seasons were better balanced.

The same thing happened with Dexter too. I watched the first 6 seasons over a month on Netflix and then thought the story progressed too slowly in real time. Perhaps that's my real problem.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264
    It's definitely an interesting story. I don't know if it's because I marathon-watched the first few seasons on Netflix or what, but last year's 8 episodes didn't really do much for me. They were ok...the cliff-hanging ending was great, but other than that it fell kinda flat.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge BB fan...just thought earlier seasons were better balanced.

The same thing happened with Dexter too. I watched the first 6 seasons over a month on Netflix and then thought the story progressed too slowly in real time. Perhaps that's my real problem.

PBM

Yeah, I never watched BB until I did a marathon session on Netflix to get caught up a year or two ago. Same with Dexter.
    Sucks having to wait a week between episodes now! :lol:
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    Only 10 days away....I can't fucking wait!!
  • Options
    I'm interested in this Talking Bad show after each episode. I like Talking Dead, but for Breaking Bad it should be much better.

PBM

• Options

PBM

I only marathon-watched the first season I think it was. I thought last year's 8 episodes were outstanding as usual. It's such a different experiences when you watch a show on a week to week basis as opposed to the binge-watching on netflix. When you switch to waiting a week for each episode, I think you almost expect too much from each episode and can come away disappointed at times.
  • Options
    When you switch to waiting a week for each episode, I think you almost expect too much from each episode and can come away disappointed at times.

That's exactly it. When you binge watch, you can get that instant fix...waiting a week takes away that gratification.

PBM

• Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    Season 4 may have been my favorite season but I agree that the first half of season 5 wasn't all that great, I think they took Walt a little to far off the deep end but it seemed like in episode 8 he came back down to earth a little bit so that has me excited for the last 8.

I'm excited to see what Hank does right out of the gate, does he smart up and realize that acting on impulse never gets him anywhere or does he go out and put a gun to Walt's head and tell him he's under arrest then get in trouble for not having any proof other than some writing in a book. I also would love to see Saul tear hank a new one whenever/if they ever bring Walt in for questioning.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    6z64ih.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Fat stacks of cheddar, yo.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    For those who need a refresher on the last half season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3hCZ_ss_k

Caution: May not be entirely accurate, contains hotdogs
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I have 10 episodes left to finish re-watching it. When Jesse tells off the Cartel cook is awesome.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    cant wait!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I have 10 episodes left to finish re-watching it. When Jesse tells off the Cartel cook is awesome.

"Then you understand what asshole means, asshole" defiantly one of my favorite scenes
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Word, Sundays are going to be good with Breaking Bad into Newsroom.
  • Options
    Chemist: Who do you think you are?

Jesse: I’m the guy your boss brought here to show you how it’s done. And if this is how you run your lab, no wonder. You’re lucky he hasn’t fired your ass. Now if you don’t want that to happen, I suggest you stop whining like a little bitch and do what I say.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Word, Sundays are going to be good with Breaking Bad into Newsroom.

Also have Dexter and Ray Donovan and Boardwalk Empire is starting up soon....thank god for DVR.
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nWjNgV_6yc#at=339

"I am the one who knocks; I used to be Kenny J, now I'm hard rock." :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    For anyone who needs to catch up on season 5 they just put all 8 episodes on Netflix the other day.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    RiotZact wrote:
    For anyone who needs to catch up on season 5 they just put all 8 episodes on Netflix the other day.

Or you could just watch this :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDqGAUvWKkU&sns=gp

"He's got the kind of cancer that makes you cough...alot."
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Or you could just watch this :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDqGAUvWKkU&sns=gp

"He's got the kind of cancer that makes you cough...alot."

:lol::lol::lol: That's Fuckin Brilliant!!!!
  • Options
    That is hilarious and true :lol:
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    2j5gs1w.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    "You're trouble. You're a time bomb tick-ticking away, and I have no intention of being around for the boom,"

"You know, I can foresee a lot of possible outcomes to this thing, and not a single one them involves Miller Time."

Mike will be missed. One of the best characters and acting jobs ever.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    "You're trouble. You're a time bomb tick-ticking away, and I have no intention of being around for the boom,"

"You know, I can foresee a lot of possible outcomes to this thing, and not a single one them involves Miller Time."

Mike will be missed. One of the best characters and acting jobs ever.

When he got killed my wife was like "Fuck Walt and Fuck this show i ain't watching anymore" :lol::lol::lol:
    She'll be watching it