• Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Two cool BB tees over at YeeTee today:

1005148_531835146878499_535004146_n.jpg
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    Im debating watching the final 8 in one of two ways. The goal is to maximize the anxiety. I have a feeling the walls closing in on you feeling that has been going on the last few seasons, will only become more so for the final 8.

The regular way, would be to watch it each week. One episode a week, as it airs. The problem with this is the week long wait for new episodes is terrible, and I dont know if it takes away from the flow of the show. If you are away from the show for a week, does it take the length of the show to also get warmed up again, thus negating any suspense that builds.

Or

The 2nd was would be to not watch it at all for the first 7 weeks. Then the day of the series finale, the day of the 8th episode, to spend all day watching the 7 episodes one after another. The watch episode 8 as it airs.
    The problems I see with the 2nd approach is I am at the whim of walking into friends or coworkers, or anyone on the street, or online who will talk about the episodes as they air. Is it possible to go those first 7 weeks without hearing a word about the show at all?

And the other problem I see with it is that its possible the binge watching of the first 7 could possibly lessen the anxiety and suspense. It would be like anxiety overload, as they are made to be seen the 1st way-with week long breaks in between. Mitchell Hurwitz, creator of Arrested Development criticized the way most fans consumed the new season of AD, watching all 15 in one go, or watching multiple. He said you need breaks, and its comedy overload to watch them all at once.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Im debating watching the final 8 in one of two ways. The goal is to maximize the anxiety. I have a feeling the walls closing in on you feeling that has been going on the last few seasons, will only become more so for the final 8.

The regular way, would be to watch it each week. One episode a week, as it airs. The problem with this is the week long wait for new episodes is terrible, and I dont know if it takes away from the flow of the show. If you are away from the show for a week, does it take the length of the show to also get warmed up again, thus negating any suspense that builds.

Or

The 2nd was would be to not watch it at all for the first 7 weeks. Then the day of the series finale, the day of the 8th episode, to spend all day watching the 7 episodes one after another. The watch episode 8 as it airs.
    The problems I see with the 2nd approach is I am at the whim of walking into friends or coworkers, or anyone on the street, or online who will talk about the episodes as they air. Is it possible to go those first 7 weeks without hearing a word about the show at all?

And the other problem I see with it is that its possible the binge watching of the first 7 could possibly lessen the anxiety and suspense. It would be like anxiety overload, as they are made to be seen the 1st way-with week long breaks in between. Mitchell Hurwitz, creator of Arrested Development criticized the way most fans consumed the new season of AD, watching all 15 in one go, or watching multiple. He said you need breaks, and its comedy overload to watch them all at once.

I don't have the patience, so I'll have to watch them as they air. Saving it for binge viewing would be great though. That's how I watched seasons 1-4 and it's definitely a different experience. You don't have the WTF now I gotta wait a week (or longer) pain that comes with watching a show live. I don't know how people did it between seasons 3 and 4..The 30 seconds between viewing episodes was painful enough for me :lol: . During season 5 and other shows, I have actually enjoyed the anticipation of having to wait, although it is painful. Plus it's nice to have one last thing to look forward to on Sunday night's before going back to work the next day. ;) I really only binge watch when catching up on a show late or when I've had to miss multiple episodes for whatever reason.

I think you might be able to get away relatively spoiler free unless something really major happens that's on the news or has everyone talking about it.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I don't like the fact that BB will be running into football season.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

That's pretty cool.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    FYI, AMC is starting to replay the series this Sat 6/22 at 12am.

http://www.amctv.com/schedule#series/Breaking-Bad
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    I watched the pilot last night.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,774
    JK_Livin wrote:

And????? One of the best pilots ever. That opening scene is crazy...
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

And????? One of the best pilots ever. That opening scene is crazy...

This is my second time through. There are so many little subtleties I didn't notice the 1st time I watched. Walt's diploma for one.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

This is my second time through. There are so many little subtleties I didn't notice the 1st time I watched. Walt's diploma for one.

Ohhhh I should have realized that since you post in this thread a lot. There is definitely a lot that you pick up when you watch a 2nd time. Just went through the whole series again and picked up on a ton of stuff that I didn't realize the first time. Is it August 11th yet??
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

Ohhhh I should have realized that since you post in this thread a lot. There is definitely a lot that you pick up when you watch a 2nd time. Just went through the whole series again and picked up on a ton of stuff that I didn't realize the first time. Is it August 11th yet??

I know., 45 days! At least I have time to watch the series again if I want. Not sure if my wife wants to that though. She loves the show, just not sure if she wants to watch it through once more.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

I know., 45 days! At least I have time to watch the series again if I want. Not sure if my wife wants to that though. She loves the show, just not sure if she wants to watch it through once more.

Yeah, I was lucky that my wife hadn't seen it yet so she became hooked instantly. We got through everything in about 5-6 weeks. 45 days??? That will be here quick. I honestly can't even imagine what is going to happen. But if I know this show like I think I do, the opening scene of the first episode will be crazy.
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

Yeah, I was lucky that my wife hadn't seen it yet so she became hooked instantly. We got through everything in about 5-6 weeks. 45 days??? That will be here quick. I honestly can't even imagine what is going to happen. But if I know this show like I think I do, the opening scene of the first episode will be crazy.

I'm debating if I should by Season 5 Bluray on ebay for $22.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Shit

isn't this starting up, err... finishing up soon.

hell yeah (hell no :cry: )
  • Options
    I just finished season 1 again. I love Tuco and episode 5 with the intervention and the talking pillow is outstanding.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/07/the-fi ... one-month/

I watched EP1 of season 2 last night and they way it ends with Tuco getting Walt in the car with him and Jesse is so gripping. I could've watched the entire season last night but I'm too old to do that now. :lol:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/07/the-final-eight-episodes-of-breaking-bad-begin-in-exactly-one-month/

I watched EP1 of season 2 last night and they way it ends with Tuco getting Walt in the car with him and Jesse is so gripping. I could've watched the entire season last night but I'm too old to do that now. :lol:

So close, yet so far away! I wonder if there's going to be a trailer with previews for these last 8 episodes. I'd almost rather there not be a trailer and just going in blind.

That episode was incredible. I can't believe you didn't go on to the next episode!!!
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/07/the-final-eight-episodes-of-breaking-bad-begin-in-exactly-one-month/

So close, yet so far away! I wonder if there's going to be a trailer with previews for these last 8 episodes. I'd almost rather there not be a trailer and just going in blind.

That episode was incredible. I can't believe you didn't go on to the next episode!!!

It was tough but it was also 11pm and then where do you stop?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Hey - did any of you Breaking Bad fans win the Comic-Con 2013 contest? I was notified about being an alternate today...chances are come Sunday I'll still be an alternate - but how cool is this????
    AMC is giving away tickets to the Breaking Bad Comic-Con Fan Appreciation Event -- a party at The Hard Rock Hotel's 207 Lounge on Sun., Jul. 21 at 1:30PM PT.
    You'll receive a pass to the party, where you'll meet cast members Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn, R.J. Mitte and Bob Odenkirk and receive a Breaking Bad poster for autographs as well as a copy of Walt Whitman's infamous book, Leaves of Grass. Travel is not included. You must be 21 or over to enter with a valid ID. Passes include a +1, but only the winner will meet the cast.

:corn: Hope I get moved from 'alternate' to 'attendee for sure' :D
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

It was tough but it was also 11pm and then where do you stop?

I know...once you get going, it's really hard to stop. The wife and I were up til like 2am watching one night...we couldn't stop. Less than a month!
  • Options
    Better call Saul.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    As I'm watching this through again, I find my nitpicking things. I tell my self to stop though. The one hole in the story I noticed was with Tuco and Gonzo. How did Tuco not know Gonzo was dead? They arrived at the junk yard in the same car. Why would Tuco leave without Gonzo when Gonzo was the driver?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    Just finished watching all the episodes for the 3rd time. Am I the only one that laughed a lot harder when re watching the episodes? I think it's because you pick up and appreciate the jokes a little more when you already know what's going to happen with the main plot. Saul and Jesse make me lol at least twice each per episode. "What did I say about escalating things Jesse?" "Yeah? Escalate this!" :lol:
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    JK_Livin wrote:
    As I'm watching this through again, I find my nitpicking things. I tell my self to stop though. The one hole in the story I noticed was with Tuco and Gonzo. How did Tuco not know Gonzo was dead? They arrived at the junk yard in the same car. Why would Tuco leave without Gonzo when Gonzo was the driver?
    I always just assumed that they left together after the incident and that Gonzo came back at a later point by himself to retrieve the body.
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."