Options

Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,774
    Heisenberg wrote:
    It does suck that they are ending it, but I think it is ending at the right time. Don't want it to turn into one of those series that sticks around a couple seasons too long (The Sopranos, Dexter, etc...)

Exactly. Let's just hope Vince Gilligan decides to move forward with the spinoff prequel about Saul and his days as a lawyer in Vegas before he ended up in New Mexico.

BB-S3-Bob-Odenkirk-325_1_.jpg

How great would that be??? Saul is the best! He brings some much needed comic relief to the show.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
  • Options
    Going back and watching the entire series before the final 8 with my wife....she is hooked on it now too. Just started season 2. God damn this show is brilliant.
  • Options
    If only I lived in New Mexico. Thanks for the link DerbyDave

http://www.tmz.com/2013/03/17/breaking- ... -for-sale/
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Going back and watching the entire series before the final 8 with my wife....she is hooked on it now too. Just started season 2. God damn this show is brilliant.

Entire series! Hardcore!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    http://www.avclub.com/articles/someone- ... ipt,95403/

:shock:

Everyone! Stay off the internet for the next five months!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    http://www.avclub.com/articles/someone-stole-one-of-the-final-breaking-bad-script,95403/

If this gets spoiled I'm gonna lose my shit. Why would someone spoil the ending to a perfect show!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    first, why would he be so stupid as to leave it in his car?

And 2nd, this is BAD news. Very bad news. Its not really a half and half situation. If that guy leaks the script info the show is ruined. Flat out.

And yeah im going to be VERY careful about even reading threads like this. Kind of makes me not want to read any news at all until july
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    kw18 wrote:
    http://www.avclub.com/articles/someone-stole-one-of-the-final-breaking-bad-script,95403/

Don't read it and you'll be fine.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

And 2nd, this is BAD news. Very bad news. Its not really a half and half situation. If that guy leaks the script info the show is ruined. Flat out.

And yeah im going to be VERY careful about even reading threads like this. Kind of makes me not want to read any news at all until july

I think it's a plant. No way the writers or Cranston are dumb enough to let a super secret script off the set regardless of who had it in their possession.

and really....Will anyone print or want to know the ending before they watch? What does that do for someone other than ruin the show?
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:

I think it's a plant. No way the writers or Cranston are dumb enough to let a super secret script off the set regardless of who had it in their possession.

and really....Will anyone print or want to know the ending before they watch? What does that do for someone other than ruin the show?

I thought this too, BUT we have a 911 call from Bryan reporting the theft. We know he got his car fixed. A man did get arrested for breaking into Bryans car. And the police admit this happened. And we have Skinny Pete pleading with the theif to not ruin the show. I had assumed the scripts were under lock and key as well. This seems way over the top if it was just a way to create buzz for the final 8 episodes. Nor do I think Vince would create a decoy script.

I guess the lesson is the BB crew wasnt as careful and uptight about secrecy and security of the script as we had originally thought!

I feel bad for Bryan, but again, what an idiotic move on his part.
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:

Also Bryans Ipad was stolen, I would assume their would also be some BB related information on there as well. The thief was smart in one aspect, even if Bryan had left a ton of money in his car or something, the thief couldnt have chosen a more valuable item not only to the victim, but also to millions of other people
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    stickfig13 wrote:

I thought this too, BUT we have a 911 call from Bryan reporting the theft. We know he got his car fixed. A man did get arrested for breaking into Bryans car. And the police admit this happened. And we have Skinny Pete pleading with the theif to not ruin the show. I had assumed the scripts were under lock and key as well. This seems way over the top if it was just a way to create buzz for the final 8 episodes. Nor do I think Vince would create a decoy script.

I guess the lesson is the BB crew wasnt as careful and uptight about secrecy and security of the script as we had originally thought!

I feel bad for Bryan, but again, what an idiotic move on his part.
    Do you honestly expect for him to walk around town with the script clutched in his arms? The guy was probably going to or from work and had it in his bag with his other shit.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    when returns for final episodes?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    when returns for final episodes?

Probably July sometime. They haven't announced the official date yet. They are wrapping up filming this week I think. Can't believe we still have to wait 4 months.
  • Options
    july 14th i believe. It was July 15th last year
  • Options
    That would be a wonderful birthday present for me and everyone else.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Just Caught Up...Getting hard to keep loving Walt.
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293

I love how his character develops
  • Options

the writers are absolute geniuses. The character arc from first episode to now is insane. He's now a cold blooded killer. Times have indeed changed
  • Options

the writers are absolute geniuses. The character arc from first episode to now is insane. He's now a cold blooded killer. Times have indeed changed

it's like Jesse's become the voice of reason :crazy: Outstanding Show!
  • Options

With AMC announcing tonight that The Killing starts June 2nd and Breaking Bad is "summer", I'd say this date is probably spot on.
  • Options
    Just watched 3 episodes of season 5. Damn crazyyyyyy...
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    I would totally watch the heck out of this show:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/amc-is-s ... -ab,96303/
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    I would totally watch the heck out of this show:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/amc-is-s ... -ab,96303/

They could bring back some of the people who died over the years and make inside jokes!
  • Options
    Comes back for the final 8 episodes on August 11th. So far away!!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/17/break ... talk-show/
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544

August 11th?!?! :evil: :evil: I thought it was coming back in June, that's a long hiatus.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    I know the original leak was 7/14. I'm glad for the news but not the fact that it will be almost a full year since it aired. That's too long. It better be good, bitch!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:

August 11th?!?! :evil: :evil: I thought it was coming back in June, that's a long hiatus.

Yep, it's a really long hiatus. I'm sure it will be worth the wait. I'm in the middle of watching the entire series from the beginning with my wife so I at least have that to hold me over.
  • Options
    it has been pushed back. But im not too worried about it being horrible. We've made it 5 and a half seasons in, and its a flawless show. Its literally perfect. I want the final 8 to go well, but they've done this before.

The idea of the talk show is silly considering the show's main draw beyond the obvious is the element of surprise. I dont really care to hear Vince or anyone else discuss what happened or will happen, prior to viewing the final 8.

Im going to watch all 8 free of this thread, free of discussing any spoilers with friends, free of knowing whats going to happen. Thats the only way to watch it.