Random thread about anything

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    norm wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Nope. I know a bunch of little shits from high school that go to them. :lol:

:lol: Never been to one sober...this should be quite entertaining!

have you been anywhere sober?

HEY-OH!!!

:wave: :P

ZING!
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    louisck1.jpg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    The new trend in China for avoiding a suntan at the beach:

face-kini_main.jpg

Do they not have sunscreen over there? :?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    220px-Nicole_Fiorentino_2007_Cropped.JPG
    Paz+Lenchantin.jpg
    :D:mrgreen:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Asian people do not like to use/consume chemical products.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Really? That's interesting; I have never heard that (or, I don't know about all Asians, but I haven't noticed that among the Chinese) ... they must really be freaking out about all the pollution then. Aren't skin whitening products huge in China? Lots of MSG used in Chinese restaurants around my area too...

In any case, those masks are creepy looking!! And look uncomfortable.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Really? That's interesting; I have never heard that (or, I don't know about all Asians, but I haven't noticed that among the Chinese) ... they must really be freaking out about all the pollution then. Aren't skin whitening products huge in China? Lots of MSG used in Chinese restaurants around my area too...

yeah, but the whitening products are only used if you don't already have the light skin.
    light skin=you are rich enough to work in an office
    dark skin=you are poor and have a 'day laborer' job

then there is the racism thing too...some Asians are prejudiced against other Asians.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

yeah, but the whitening products are only used if you don't already have the light skin.
    light skin=you are rich enough to work in an office
    dark skin=you are poor and have a 'day laborer' job

then there is the racism thing too...some Asians are prejudiced against other Asians.
    Don't a lot of Chinese and Japanese people pretty much hate each other still? Not sure...
    A friend of mine who's Chinese, who likes to be darker and likes to tan here like most people, went to China and said that she almost immediately developed a total complex about the colour of her skin because of how people were treating her, and almost folded and whitened herself up.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Don't a lot of Chinese and Japanese people pretty much hate each other still? Not sure...
    A friend of mine who's Chinese, who likes to be darker and likes to tan here like most people, went to China and said that she almost immediately developed a total complex about the colour of her skin because of how people were treating her, and almost folded and whitened herself up.

I cannot speak for them all, but in my experience, yes. Fillipino, Thai, and any other darker skinned Asians are also harshly judged. I think it's similar in the African American community as well.

- Christopher McCandless
    I'd just like to give a shout out to private property rights.

Thanks for allowing me to have a cigarette on the porch and giving me the capability to give people an awkward stare when they drive by.
    Roommates Girlfriend brought over a kitty!
    Just had to let two people go. Just weren't producing. Not my decision. Like I mentioned a few days ago the big boss came in and talked to the GM. That's what it was about. Fucker didn't even have the balls to mention it to me or talk to me about it. I was just the lucky one who got to tell two grown men "you no longer have a job" enjoy your weekend just becasue I can be blunt. Oh, and when you see the anonymous ad in Monday's paper for two new guys...don't apply. You won't get a phone call. I hate this fucking job. Part of the reason I drink the way I do. Part of the reason I was drinking at 11:00 yesterday morning, I knew this was coming today.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    DS1119 wrote:
    Just had to let two people go. Just weren't producing. Not my decision. Like I mentioned a few days ago the big boss came in and talked to the GM. That's what it was about. Fucker didn't even have the balls to mention it to me or talk to me about it. I was just the lucky one who got to tell two grown men "you no longer have a job" enjoy your weekend just becasue I can be blunt. Oh, and when you see the anonymous ad in Monday's paper for two new guys...don't apply. You won't get a phone call. I hate this fucking job. Part of the reason I drink the way I do. Part of the reason I was drinking at 11:00 yesterday morning, I knew this was coming today.

That Fuckin Sucks D.S., my old boss made me let go of 4 guys on Christmas Eve one year, i took them all out to the strip joint on me. I threw a Party when they let him go!
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    DS1119 wrote:

:( Major bummer dude, so sorry to hear that. Gotta think they'll go on to do something better with their lives though, try not to dwell on it!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    DS1119 wrote:

I'm sorry, I hate that part of my job. A couple of years ago I had to let several people go (cost reductions), I get done with it and go back to my office and my boss sends me a message asking if I could come over for a minute. I instantly thought he was going to fire me, right after I had done the dirty work. He didn't, but later I told him he scared the shit out of me.
    I win.
    DS1119 wrote:
    That fuckin' sucks.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    fuck off.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    fuck off.

:lol: :thumbup:
    DS1119 wrote:

That Fuckin Sucks D.S., my old boss made me let go of 4 guys on Christmas Eve one year, i took them all out to the strip joint on me. I threw a Party when they let him go!

It's fine. I'm not long for this place anyway. I thought I was getting it a few months back and I got a raise. :? Fuck it. I'm going to literally enjoy my last days there...starting with fucking up every part of his job that I do for him. Let him figure it out and his smells my fucking ass on the way out the door after I shit on his desk the popous wife cheating prick of a fucker he is.
    DS's job makes him drink McWater...I wonder what happens when things really go to shit.

- Christopher McCandless
    i'm out of charcoal.

:(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    wine_coolers.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS's job makes him drink McWater...I wonder what happens when things really go to shit.
    LloydXmas wrote:
    wine_coolers.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    LloydXmas wrote:
    wine_coolers.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:

really? I kinda figured DS to be more of:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuN9owQ6jkjj8CM0BkPJR4A7XXG76yQci0-9jUvVhfDtt7v_iiYw

- Christopher McCandless
    81 wrote:
    i'm out of charcoal.

crazed_hank_hill_by_VampericClaret.gif
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i'm out of charcoal.

crazed_hank_hill_by_VampericClaret.gif

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    RKCNDY wrote:
    really? I kinda figured DS to be more of: