Options

Random thread about anything

Comments

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    so sorry for your loss foxy :( i lost my dog at nine as well and thought, why so young,
    i hope you get another dog to fill the empty void
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737
    edited November 2014
    FoxyRedLa said:

My family and I just lost our precious Nikki today. We're all a big mess over here. Nikki was an Australian/Husky mix - her nicknames included " puppa " and " stink ". She will be missed! So loved. Love you Nikki! (big tears)

She had a what appeared to be a seizure. It happened very fast and unexpectedly. She was 9. She's been buried with love and her favorite squirrel.

All you animal lovers out there please give your best friend(s) a big huge hug and smooch for me!

Oh no, I'm so sorry Foxy. :( She was beautiful. This must be such a difficult shock. Deep condolences.
    It's good that you were there with her though, and that she didn't suffer.
    Take care!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Thanks JW. I've already thought about how weird my daily routine will be now. Maybe someday a while from now I will and it will be a rescue dog. Thanks again.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

FoxyRedLa said:

My family and I just lost our precious Nikki today. We're all a big mess over here. Nikki was an Australian/Husky mix - her nicknames included " puppa " and " stink ". She will be missed! So loved. Love you Nikki! (big tears)

She had a what appeared to be a seizure. It happened very fast and unexpectedly. She was 9. She's been buried with love and her favorite squirrel.

All you animal lovers out there please give your best friend(s) a big huge hug and smooch for me!

Oh no, I'm so sorry Foxy. :( She was beautiful. This must be such a difficult shock. Deep condolences.
    It's good that you were there with her though, and that she didn't suffer.
    Take care!
    agree she was beautiful and so too she was home when it happened..
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Thanks JW. I've already thought about how weird my daily routine will be now. Maybe someday a while from now I will and it will be a rescue dog. Thanks again.

rescue dog is a great idea, i tried that but unfortunately after losing a well trained dog, and sorrowing i did not have the patience for a rescue dog..
    nowadays the normals dogs for sale are in just as much danger as the rescue dogs over here
    because of all the dog fighting that happens behind close doors,
    the little dogs they use as bait and the bigger dogs for bloody fighting,
    so im thankful my new dog came to a safe home...rocky is his name...
    just something else to think about, but perhaps dog fighting is not a big thing where you are,
    over here, they break into your home to steal your dog :(
    so i watch him like a guard dog myself ;))
  • Options
    Thank you PJ - that's why we called her puppa - everyone always thought she was a puppy when in fact she was starting grey hair lol. She was beautiful. She was beagle size with husky coloring and fur. Such a good stinky puppy. Again thank you for the kind words. I needed them, thanks everyone.

JW I can guess where "over here" is based on your choice words but where is "over here"? That is awful! Where I live no, not that I'm aware of. I'm not denying that it doesn't go on here in Michigan or the USA - there are TV shows about it. Sick sick mean *****.

That is mortifying! I can't believe you have to worry about your pets like that while you're away from home!
  • Options
    yes we do have to worry, some are blind to it though until they experience it,
    im in Western Australia
  • Options
    That's too bad. Poor babies. We definitely have neglect here. Some malicious some just mentally ill. SOoo sad.
  • Options
    sad indeed, try not to think about it unless its in your power to take action, then think about it otherwise dont ruin your good day on negative thoughts
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    SD48277 said:
    Those are funny SD! :-)
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Obama is a long-legged Mack Daddy!!!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    time to go to bed, goodnight...
  • Options
    I just want my sinuses to stop hurting....and in turn my eyes....the freakin' cold weather does this to me...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,537
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    and people wonder why they bug me and why i skip a few levels at times
  • Options
    Safely landed in Atlanta!
  • Options
    One of the things I like about this time of year: more letters, cards and packages arrive in the mail each day than bills.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Cannot believe they have confirmed Jared Leto to play the joker in the upcoming Suicide Squad...this is just wrong....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    im feeling really tired for some reason, even though i slept broken sleep all night on and off, from dream to dream
  • Options
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio said:

How adorable!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    NEVERENDING STORY
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Today is National Cookie Day. I made a batch of chocolate chip this evening for my friend's birthday. :)
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    SD48277 said:

Today is National Cookie Day. I made a batch of chocolate chip this evening for my friend's birthday. :)

OOOOH, COOKIES! That's like the last thing I need is more sugar, but COOOKIES! lol As a matter of fact I have one in my lunch bag! lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    pjradio said:

NEVERENDING STORY

Yes?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    On the drive home ipod was on shuffle - first was Alive @ iwireless, then Alive from Excel Centre came on, then Alive the Studio version. Was super random and funny :p
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    pjradio said:

Oh that is so cute..
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I will no longer eat jello unless it's topped with whipped cream. I just won't do it.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    im thinking its up to a nice dancing song to lift my mood....and not me...