Options

Random thread about anything

Comments

• Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    ME: I havent spoken to her in a week and she decides to call me from the mall. There are so many people at the mall right now because of Christmas that I couldn't hear what she was saying. I don't understand...this is when she decides to call me...

MOM: Well, thats the way women are. You know, we're not all like you you know?

ME: If everyone was like me, the world would be perfect.

MOM: Ya, we'd all be doing Pearl Jam all the time.

=))
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    ME: I havent spoken to her in a week and she decides to call me from the mall. There are so many people at the mall right now because of Christmas that I couldn't hear what she was saying. I don't understand...this is when she decides to call me...

MOM: Well, thats the way women are. You know, we're not all like you you know?

ME: If everyone was like me, the world would be perfect.

MOM: Ya, we'd all be doing Pearl Jam all the time.

=))

Hahahaha!!!! =))
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    this time i will settle down with someone who will not work away without me..
  • Options
    Why is it that people are so dis satisfied with themselves that they are void without a lover?? So much so, that they just latch on to the first thing that comes along and looks promising. What happened to old school/world courtship?
  • Options
    problem is solved.....just wait to get my age and know just what your looking for
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    ruQvoyd_zpsvglyh2w1.jpg
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    All I want for Christmas is sleeeeeeeeeeeeep
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    FoxyRedLa wrote: »
    ruQvoyd_zpsvglyh2w1.jpg

Ummm...is that animal farting toxic gas at Batman? =))
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    It's a virtual scene based on the re-write if JINGLE BELLS!
    You know, Jingle bells Batman smells, Robin laid an egg, bat mobile lost it's wheel and Jomer got away...
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    It's a virtual scene based on the re-write if JINGLE BELLS!
    You know, Jingle bells Batman smells, Robin laid an egg, bat mobile lost it's wheel and Jomer got away...

:fp: Thank you for clarifying that. As Bugs Bunny would say: What a maroon (that being me).
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    watching couples dancing and being all nice..dont want to miss this programme
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I tried to copy that photo and it won't let me!! .\/. Oh well..

Sorry for this ramble, but I have to get this out before I leave for this ride this morning, although I'm sure this will come out during the ride too.

29 years ago, my best friend's mother and I saw my best friend die, in this crazy couldn't have made this shit up if I tried, freak accident. Shortly after the funeral, her family moved away, and I never heard from any if them again. But apparently, the older Sister, Chanel, LIVES HERE in Colorado Springs. MY older sister gave Chanel my phone number, and she'd called me not too long ago, and arranged to go horseback riding this morning. ( their family deals in million dollar horses.. Allllll show horses, no "pets". ) When my sister recognized this girl at a party, and they'd gotten to talking, and realized who the other was, she gave my sister her younger sister's Lariat, to give to me, kind of as fair warning of upcoming flood of memories.. It's really kind of odd, cause this family has all show jumpers, but the youngest, my friend Misty, LOVED riding Western, she dressed western down to jangly spurs everywhere she went, even to school, which is how we met. I rode and showed western, and when they started attending the church my dad was pastoring at that time, we became the best of friends. Their mom taught me to ride English, and it was good to know, cause eventually my first training job was training a horse Dressage. But Misty akways had the ONE western broke horse on the property.. Apparently, that is now tradition.. So I've learned that today, I'll be riding what would have been my best friend's horse if she were still alive today. I'd thought I was done with this pain, but I see that Lariat hanging on my wall, and I start to cry. I think I'll take it along, and sorta take Misty with us today.. Such a small small world...
    And of all places we're riding through Garden of the Gods.

I might try to take pictures.. But that's not very smart from off a horse.. Odd sounds and all. Might just leave the phone in my purse. As I don't want any distractions. Talk to you all later. Thanks for letting me get all that out.

Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

Sorry for this ramble, but I have to get this out before I leave for this ride this morning, although I'm sure this will come out during the ride too.

29 years ago, my best friend's mother and I saw my best friend die, in this crazy couldn't have made this shit up if I tried, freak accident. Shortly after the funeral, her family moved away, and I never heard from any if them again. But apparently, the older Sister, Chanel, LIVES HERE in Colorado Springs. MY older sister gave Chanel my phone number, and she'd called me not too long ago, and arranged to go horseback riding this morning. ( their family deals in million dollar horses.. Allllll show horses, no "pets". ) When my sister recognized this girl at a party, and they'd gotten to talking, and realized who the other was, she gave my sister her younger sister's Lariat, to give to me, kind of as fair warning of upcoming flood of memories.. It's really kind of odd, cause this family has all show jumpers, but the youngest, my friend Misty, LOVED riding Western, she dressed western down to jangly spurs everywhere she went, even to school, which is how we met. I rode and showed western, and when they started attending the church my dad was pastoring at that time, we became the best of friends. Their mom taught me to ride English, and it was good to know, cause eventually my first training job was training a horse Dressage. But Misty akways had the ONE western broke horse on the property.. Apparently, that is now tradition.. So I've learned that today, I'll be riding what would have been my best friend's horse if she were still alive today. I'd thought I was done with this pain, but I see that Lariat hanging on my wall, and I start to cry. I think I'll take it along, and sorta take Misty with us today.. Such a small small world...

I might try to take pictures.. But that's not very smart from off a horse.. Odd sounds and all. Might just leave the phone in my purse. As I don't want any distractions. Talk to you all later. Thanks for letting me get all that out.

What a painful but wonderful story. I hope the good memories outweigh the bad ones on your ride today.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

whoa.good luck today. might as well let yourself feel it, the sister probably feels the same as you.

I also had no idea there was that much to horse-ing.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    a day nap is overdue
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    I came home from work yesterday intending to only take a nap on the couch for an hour or two...I woke up 12 hours later....at 4am and then went upstairs and slept for another 4 hours...til my head hurt so bad I had to get up for pain killers...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    this place is so fucking dead, if I wanted to have my avatar in every topic in page one of the AET.......I could.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote: »
    this place is so fucking dead, if I wanted to have my avatar in every topic in page one of the AET.......I could.

do it man,
  • Options
    going to go have a drink of something alcoholic and listen to music, happy new years eve to you too
  • Options
    Thank you everyone. The ride was nice but, we eventually got snowed out..so it was short. But we went to lunch, and agreed to keep in touch. So that was really a neat afternoon. And I still can't stop laughing about this, but MY horses's name was PJ!! Short for Pole Jumper ( which is 'snob' for worthless) but it was always their inside joke.. I thought it was appropriate!! Lol
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Think I'm going to re-listen to all those old AET shows.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you everyone. The ride was nice but, we eventually got snowed out..so it was short. But we went to lunch, and agreed to keep in touch. So that was really a neat afternoon. And I still can't stop laughing about this, but MY horses's name was PJ!! Short for Pole Jumper ( which is 'snob' for worthless) but it was always their inside joke.. I thought it was appropriate!! Lol

How the hell did autocorrect get pole from
    Puddle?? Ugh!
  • Options
    ACHOO
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    ^^^^ gesundheit
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    danke
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    As I was walking my dog this morning a flock of Canada geese flew overhead. I'm not sure if they were the prototypical early birds already heading north, getting an early start to get the best nesting sites, or if they are just really lazy and delayed heading south until after the holidays.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    Here in the lower mainland and on the island the geese sometimes never leave. Their instincts have been overtaken by the mild climate and the human-made food sources in our parks and what not. Many do still migrate, but there are flocks that stay too... either the very dumb ones or the very smart ones. Not sure. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I added a new knife to my collection today...woot! Yes I collect knives...pocket knives and such...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    So my job is to track truck drivers who are A) not scanning and b) running 1.5 hours or more late on their deliveries, I track these drivers and send out regular email updates through out the day on each one...

A sales rep just emailed me and asked if I knew why a driver who IS scanning is late....

NO DUMBASS, HE'S SCANNING! I haven't talked to him today because he's scanning, he's just late, shit happens, I don't know what that shit was because I didn't have to call him today...they know I don't call them if they're scanning, and I have no idea why they even care at this point because he's almost done, if they cared they should have asked me hours ago when he still had half his route to go...and NO I'm not about to call him to ask why he's late and set him back even farther...OMG our sales reps drive me crazy!!!
    Post edited by PJSiren on
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    -^just call him and shut them up! it happened to me once and I got called! I didn't mind and just acted hastily..

Was 44 yesterday too hot, luckily we were out shopping, but I'm not looking forward to summer if this is going to happen often, too sticky can't breathe