Options

Random thread about anything

Comments

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    Here in the lower mainland and on the island the geese sometimes never leave. Their instincts have been overtaken by the mild climate and the human-made food sources in our parks and what not. Many do still migrate, but there are flocks that stay too... either the very dumb ones or the very smart ones. Not sure. :P

There used to be a bunch of them living in Brooklyn. But they were getting in the way of the airplanes so the parks dept rounded them up slaughtered them and fed them to homeless people.
    I was super upset about it until I learned that goose is actually a thing that people actually eat. So I figured it wasn't the worse thing in the world.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    PJSiren wrote: »
    So my job is to track truck drivers who are A) not scanning and b) running 1.5 hours or more late on their deliveries, I track these drivers and send out regular email updates through out the day on each one...

A sales rep just emailed me and asked if I knew why a driver who IS scanning is late....

NO DUMBASS, HE'S SCANNING! I haven't talked to him today because he's scanning, he's just late, shit happens, I don't know what that shit was because I didn't have to call him today...they know I don't call them if they're scanning, and I have no idea why they even care at this point because he's almost done, if they cared they should have asked me hours ago when he still had half his route to go...and NO I'm not about to call him to ask why he's late and set him back even farther...OMG our sales reps drive me crazy!!!

I've been there. Except our guys didn't have GPS or scanning, it was a low-tech op. We actually had to get them all new phone #'s and there was a "clear desk" policy put into place so that the sales reps who came into the office couldn't find the drivers' new phone numbers. Sales reps can be flat out pathological when they make ridiculous promises without bothering to check if there's any chance in hell of actually keeping that promise.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    ldent42 wrote: »
    So my job is to track truck drivers who are A) not scanning and b) running 1.5 hours or more late on their deliveries, I track these drivers and send out regular email updates through out the day on each one...

A sales rep just emailed me and asked if I knew why a driver who IS scanning is late....

NO DUMBASS, HE'S SCANNING! I haven't talked to him today because he's scanning, he's just late, shit happens, I don't know what that shit was because I didn't have to call him today...they know I don't call them if they're scanning, and I have no idea why they even care at this point because he's almost done, if they cared they should have asked me hours ago when he still had half his route to go...and NO I'm not about to call him to ask why he's late and set him back even farther...OMG our sales reps drive me crazy!!!

I've been there. Except our guys didn't have GPS or scanning, it was a low-tech op. We actually had to get them all new phone #'s and there was a "clear desk" policy put into place so that the sales reps who came into the office couldn't find the drivers' new phone numbers. Sales reps can be flat out pathological when they make ridiculous promises without bothering to check if there's any chance in hell of actually keeping that promise.

Yeah, I have to keep my numbers hidden as well...it's ridiculous. But yeah they shouldn't make promises until they check with us first...but they do, without fail, every day!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options

I'd like to have the option to accept or reject that much money, jesus, I'd accept it though...that's more money than I will ever see in my lifetime....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    There is a supervisor here, not mine, but he's a routing sup, he is so goodlooking, it's a sin, this guy should have been a model or something....I mean he's gorgeous!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    And I looked that sup up on Facebook and his fb pic totally blew my image of him...Lmao...he's a dork...but it's endearing...haha so it makes him a normal guy....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    And I looked that sup up on Facebook and his fb pic totally blew my image of him...Lmao...he's a dork...but it's endearing...haha so it makes him a normal guy....

A gorgeous dork - what could be more perfect?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

A gorgeous dork - what could be more perfect?

Exactly! Haha
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited January 2015
    ldent42 wrote: »
    Here in the lower mainland and on the island the geese sometimes never leave. Their instincts have been overtaken by the mild climate and the human-made food sources in our parks and what not. Many do still migrate, but there are flocks that stay too... either the very dumb ones or the very smart ones. Not sure. :P

There used to be a bunch of them living in Brooklyn. But they were getting in the way of the airplanes so the parks dept rounded them up slaughtered them and fed them to homeless people.
    I was super upset about it until I learned that goose is actually a thing that people actually eat. So I figured it wasn't the worse thing in the world.

I was in one of those planes that hit those fuckers, on my way out of Manhattan, and I have never been closer to dying. So I'm pretty glad those bastards were butchered. ;)
    On a side note, yes, apparently they're yummy. When my dad immigrated to Canada in the 60s he was too poor to buy meat, so he'd go to Stanley Park and throw his coat over geese and break their necks and cook them for dinner, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Yea I mean population control has to be done if they pose a threat that great. And like I said when I learned that you can actually get goose from certain supermarkets or butchers and they were taking these to soup kitchens I changed my tune. Better than them getting sucked into an engine!
  • Options
    I was walking my dog at 6:30 this morning, as usual, and it's pitch dark, as usual for this time of year, but also really foggy. When we were walking through the park the barred owls were hooting away. Wonderful, and a little big spooky.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I feel like an elitist fuck right now, since yesterday and today I've been at work, which is on a small mountain, basking in the sun, looking down at the blanket of clouds that the rest of the city is wallowing in. It's a dense fog everywhere but here. \:D/ The tops of the tallest buildings are right under the surface of that cloud, lol.
    eFh0Dv7.jpg
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Looks sweet PJ_Soul !
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Thermal underwear is $30!!! WTH???
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Craig Biggio made the Baseball Hall of Fame...I'm beaming with pride....my grandma called to tell me that today...lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    I feel like an elitist fuck right now, since yesterday and today I've been at work, which is on a small mountain, basking in the sun, looking down at the blanket of clouds that the rest of the city is wallowing in. It's a dense fog everywhere but here. \:D/ The tops of the tallest buildings are right under the surface of that cloud, lol.
    eFh0Dv7.jpg
    Is that SFU, PJ_Soul??
  • Options
    GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    7D1EB1DA-3512-4F07-A330-D25C9AA54AF3_zpsjqeskiam.jpg
    I had a good day at work today!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    eFh0Dv7.jpg
    Is that SFU, PJ_Soul??
    Yes it is. That's where I work (and graduated from). Did you go there?
  • Options
    eFh0Dv7.jpg
    Is that SFU, PJ_Soul??
    Yes it is. That's where I work (and graduated from). Did you go there?
    No; in fact, I had to ask you about it because despite having lived in Vancouver on and off for more than 10 years I have never been to SFU. I just thought I recognized it from your description and the groovy '60s building! I did my degrees at UBC.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Rock on

1zec9eb.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Hahahaha!! That's cute!
  • Options
    pjradio wrote: »
    Rock on

1zec9eb.jpg

Awwww, that baby looks like my cousin did when she was a baby!!!! Soooo cute!!! and my uncle and I taught her how to do the rock on hand thing too...lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    I forgot how much I love this band!!! Savage Garden ROCKS!!! #sorrynotsorry lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Tuned into Letterman. He is not funny at all. It's almost painful to watch. Can't wait for Colbert.
  • Options
    Tuned into Letterman. He is not funny at all. It's almost painful to watch. Can't wait for Colbert.

This was your first time seeing Letterman?
  • Options

This was your first time seeing Letterman?

Watched him for years. On and off. Used to be a good show.
  • Options

I agree!! He's just so cheesy and contrived.
    Whoever writes his gags should be shot.

• Options
    Dear packet of cheese slices,
    You are neither easy to open or re sealable.
    Stop lying.
    Sincerely,
    Disgruntled
  • Options
    "Thwarted" shouldn't be a word.