Options

Random thread about anything

Comments

• Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863

I'm just going to say Huh?

my sentiments exactly....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,261
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Ah, the majestic Pacific salmon; leaping tall waterfalls with a single bound. Or taking the elevator.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    going out to the pub tonight with daughter and only going to have two or three beers at the most :D
  • Options
    My bestie's mom is such a bitch! OMG So the woman has only been in town one day and already she's criticized the way she keeps house(my best friend is a stay at home mom BTW, and her home is immaculate), she's complained about the smell of their pets(they have chinchillas), and she called her fat....I want to personally bitch slap her....I used to consider this woman a second mom, until I vacationed with them 8 years ago....and discovered what a selfish bitch she is...I've already been in a bad mood because of the shit with my cat, now I really want to kick someone's ass!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Cheek is sore, bit it in my sleep, it's a beauty this time and sore
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    PJSiren said:

My bestie's mom is such a bitch! OMG So the woman has only been in town one day and already she's criticized the way she keeps house(my best friend is a stay at home mom BTW, and her home is immaculate), she's complained about the smell of their pets(they have chinchillas), and she called her fat....I want to personally bitch slap her....I used to consider this woman a second mom, until I vacationed with them 8 years ago....and discovered what a selfish bitch she is...I've already been in a bad mood because of the shit with my cat, now I really want to kick someone's ass!!!

Makes you appreciate your friend that much more don't it?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    A coworker of mine, I can do without her for a while.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    The world is starting to remind me of that movie Idiocrocy....
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

The world is starting to remind me of that movie Idiocrocy....

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE.

yes. So much yes.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,422
    Fuckin' drives me nuts when people type the word 'of' in place of the word 'have'.
  • Options
    my cheek is bloody sore
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

my cheek is bloody sore

What happened? You ok?
  • Options
    Just wondering what's happening with the crowdfunded show guy. It was fun watching the whole thing slowly implode three times in a row on the board. Now I presume it's all continuing on fb but that leaves me out of things. It's almost enough to get me to join fb; almost, but not quite. I'll just trust that others will post if something interesting happens.
  • Options
    Been a long exhausting day! But my new endocrinologist says I'm managing my Diabetes well, and that makes me happy.
  • Options

Been a long exhausting day! But my new endocrinologist says I'm managing my Diabetes well, and that makes me happy.

Great news Whispering hands!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Just watched this show on Australian venom 8-X! One was the brown something snake, funnel web spider, box jellyfish, and a platypus. OMG! Brave brave souls there to help remove/catch these! That spider! 8-X I take there are no traps designed for that big ass ahhhhhhh spider! X_X
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347

Fuckin' drives me nuts when people type the word 'of' in place of the word 'have'.

God, me too...

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Today while I was watching some movie trailers before the feature movie, I noticed that in the section next to the movie rating, where they list why it is getting a PG or an R rating (sexual content, mature themes, drug use, nudity, etc.), one of the reasons (for lack of a better term) was smoking. Just regular cigarette smoking. I did not realize that smoking was reason enough to bump a movie from a G rating to a PG rating. I guess I understand why, but I just never realized it before.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    not watching tv here, just switching between my own stations...
  • Options
    My family and I just lost our precious Nikki today. We're all a big mess over here. Nikki was an Australian/Husky mix - her nicknames included " puppa " and " stink ". She will be missed! So loved. Love you Nikki! (big tears)

She had a what appeared to be a seizure. It happened very fast and unexpectedly. She was 9. She's been buried with love and her favorite squirrel.

All you animal lovers out there please give your best friend(s) a big huge hug and smooch for me!
  • Options
    Oh, FoxyRed, I'm so sorry to hear this! And so unexpected, too. I give my wonderful little West Highland White terrier extra cuddles and squeezy ball play every day now because her time is also short, due to a progressive heart valve abnormality. I will be thinking of you and Nikki today when we go on our (now fairly slow) walks.
  • Options
    I appreciate it so much oftenreading. I try to make the best of it and be grateful I was home with her and she wasn't alone - but wow to be so helpless and not be able to do anything to save her. That is just the worst part that I keep replaying in my mind. It took her so fast. I hate that she's gone.
  • Options
    Nikki looked so very sweet and kind, I'm sorry for your loss FoxyRedLa.
  • Options
    I meant to say sorry to hear about your terrier often. I don't know what's better...knowing or not knowing. Thanks again.

Thank you for your kindness Annafalk. She was very sweet...and loud lol. She had a mouth on her!
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss Foxy! It us no fun losing our pets. Big hugs to you!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

I appreciate it so much oftenreading. I try to make the best of it and be grateful I was home with her and she wasn't alone - but wow to be so helpless and not be able to do anything to save her. That is just the worst part that I keep replaying in my mind. It took her so fast. I hate that she's gone.

Yes, the sense of helplessness is awful. As hard as this was, I suspect it would have been worse if you had not been home with her at the time. You would probably have been torturing yourself with all the "what ifs", wondering if she was in pain, wondering if you could have saved her if you had been there. Now at least you know that you could not have done anything differently.

And thank you for your kind words about my pup. In her case, she may die quietly in her sleep, and for her sake I hope that's what happens. Otherwise, the cardiac problem will progress until she's in heart failure, at which point we will have her euthanized as I'm not going to put her through that. Her vet is a good friend of ours and I think he would do it at home for us. She's on 6 (6!) different medications and holding her own, for now.
  • Options
    Reached out to an old friend via FB today....we'll see how that goes...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Thanks whispering hands - feeling the love thanks - and yes its no fun.

Oftenreading, you're absolutely correct. Great point all the "what ifs" would have been torture. Very good point. And she was not alone. Again so sorry to hear about your terrier. I bet she loves those walks.