Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I think I broke it
    :shock: Uh oh.

that's what she said
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    My kids have been driving me absolutely nuts lately.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    LloydXmas wrote:

benadryl in their juice tonight :twisted:
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    LloydXmas wrote:
    My kids have been driving me absolutely nuts.

Fixed. ;)
    I win.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Fucking check engine light is on? jesus, can anything else be wrong with this truck? Time for a new car
    LloydXmas wrote:

haha....tough shit. I am in my 18th year of kids driving me nuts :lol:
    Fucking check engine light is on? jesus, can anything else be wrong with this truck? Time for a new car
    Gas cap problem?
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

I might have a fucking stroke by then.
    LloydXmas wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

I might have a fucking stroke by then.

thank goodness their mother is bashit crazy, otherwise it would have been really difficult.... :roll:
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Swing by an autozone and have them scan it.. I will tell you if it is time to shit..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Caveeze wrote:
    Swing by an autozone and have them scan it.. I will tell you if it is time to shit..

i'm going O2 sensor. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

i'm going O2 sensor. :lol:
    I am going bank 1 or 2 too lean.. Probably a minor vacuum leak some place.. It's a Ranger I recall?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Caveeze wrote:
    I am going bank 1 or 2 too lean.. Probably a minor vacuum leak some place.. It's a Ranger I recall?

ranger danger....

speaking of truck issues....

sooooo....

i have this squeak...driving me fucking nuts...any idea. :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I'm going to attempt to swap cars when my dad comes out here for fathers day... better gas milage for the milwaukee trip

and

I'll pretend I didn't notice the check engine light

:leaving
    Caveeze wrote:

Don't have one here, but I'll ask my favorite shop
    81 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

ranger danger....

sooooo....

Coming from inside or outside?.. The 4runner has a squeak coming from somewhere in my dash. It only does it when I am moving making the diag next to impossible.. I need an ear near my knees..
    Caveeze wrote:

oreilly should do it as well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Caveeze wrote:

Ya.. let me know. have them clear he code to shut the light off. Then, it will just pop on when they are driving it :D
    Caveeze wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

ranger danger....

sooooo....

Coming from inside or outside?.. The 4runner has a squeak coming from somewhere in my dash. It only does it when I am moving making the diag next to impossible.. I need an ear near my knees..

somewhere in teh drive train or rear suspension...

only heard under load....you can go 10mph...coasting no noise...put it in gear and give it any gas...there is a squeak.....

but ready to pull the rear drums and take a look inside.....

sounds like rubber on steel. thought it was the passenger side leaf springs...cleaned em..lubed em...banged the rubber away from the springs...still there. if it's not the drums....only other thing i can think of is the spare tire isn't quite tight.....or....a u joint...but that wouldn't squeak...that would be more of a clunk....i've dealt with those....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Caveeze wrote:
    Ya.. let me know. have them clear he code to shut the light off. Then, it will just pop on when they are driving it :D

:lol:

I fucking hate this truck... definitely need to commandeer that rav 4 :lol:
    81 wrote:

only heard under load....you can go 10mph...coasting no noise...put it in gear and give it any gas...there is a squeak.....

sounds like rubber on steel. thought it was the passenger side leaf springs...cleaned em..lubed em...banged the rubber away from the springs...still there. if it's not the drums....only other thing i can think of is the spare tire isn't quite tight.....or....a u joint...but that wouldn't squeak...that would be more of a clunk....i've dealt with those....
    It's a U-joint man!! they absolutely squeak, especially under load. The caps get weather in there and dry out all of the little needle bearings.. Look closely around the rubber seals on the u joint caps.. if you see a rusty sort of powder, thats it.. better yet, pull the driveshaft and flex the ujoints.. any little bit of binding, and it is bad..
    Caveeze wrote:
    81 wrote:

It's a U-joint man!! they absolutely squeak, especially under load. The caps get weather in there and dry out all of the little needle bearings.. Look closely around the rubber seals on the u joint caps.. if you see a rusty sort of powder, thats it.. better yet, pull the driveshaft and flex the ujoints.. any little bit of binding, and it is bad..

that would piss me off......

off to take a peak.....

had to do u joints on the vette and they were much more a clunk...but the vette had half shafts out back.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i'm gonna blame the driver side rear leaf springs....

three total...one on top...front to back...attaches to frame..two below that one...

the middle one seems to have shifted inward...causing some rubber to rub on the upper spring....

guessing i should look into getting an alignment...and getting that fixed....only 87k miles and zero adjustments to anything suspension related. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    guess i should put my tire back on :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Nutty.. Cars suck.. they just nickel and dime you til no end.. And all of my labor is free!! still, these fucking car repair bills suck..

Thats it, we are switching to bicycle.. :D
    Caveeze wrote:
    Nutty.. Cars suck.. they just nickel and dime you til no end.. And all of my labor is free!! still, these fucking car repair bills suck..

i can't really complain...i do drive pretty hard on corners...and outside of the squeak..no real issues

tried to bang and pry that middle spring...got it to move a little...we'll see how it sounds tomorrow. still...guess i should get an alignment. :lol: next time i get tires...for sure....getting close....

need to do the 90k coolant flush in a couple of months...what's your professional opionion..should i change out the coolant hoses...or let em ride. :corn:

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dumb-dumber-toilet.gif
    81 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

i can't really complain...i do drive pretty hard on corners...and outside of the squeak..no real issues

tried to bang and pry that middle spring...got it to move a little...we'll see how it sounds tomorrow. still...guess i should get an alignment. :lol: next time i get tires...for sure....getting close....

need to do the 90k coolant flush in a couple of months...what's your professional opionion..should i change out the coolant hoses...or let em ride. :corn:

this aint the sixties.. unless you are getting oil contamination, let them shits ride..
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    one of the crazies form the Manson family named her son Zezozose Zadfrack Glutz

:fp:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)