The Newsroom

1234568»

Comments

• FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    cutz wrote: »
    Neil?

Was it me or was there not really much when he came back? (besides him with the people who ran the website)

I think there were a couple b-roll shots of him working/walking around the bullpen, but that was pretty much it...
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    FrankieG wrote: »
    Neil?

Was it me or was there not really much when he came back? (besides him with the people who ran the website)

I think there were a couple b-roll shots of him working/walking around the bullpen, but that was pretty much it...

Yeah, i thought that was strange. There was no Scene/s with him and Will? Why not?

Still, enjoyed the show though.

• jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    I thought the first season was one of the best seasons of any show I have ever seen. After that I feel like it never lived up to its potential. Acting was always great though
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • cutz wrote: »
    FrankieG wrote: »
    Neil?

Yeah, i thought that was strange. There was no Scene/s with him and Will? Why not?

Still, enjoyed the show though.

Yeah, that was pretty weird considering everything that Will did for him with that whole situation. I'm guessing it was just a matter of there not being enough time since they only had 6 episodes for this last season.
  • there should have been a scene where neil said "hey man, i know you spent 50 plus days in the clink for me. i just wanted to tell you thanks for protecting me."
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Man some of you are really picky/hard to please. I have no complaints. Although I do admit I kind of agree with some of what was said. I never thought about it until I read it here, though. I liked everything about this season.

Jane Fonda's character was great. And I loved Don and Sloan together.

I thought some of the best scenes were of Will and his cellmate. Especially when the guy suggested he may have to shake the source's name out of Will and Will tells him to stand up. "I want you to see that I've got 6 inches on you and you're giving up 30 pounds. I'm not your wife. Raise your hands above your waist and I'll knock you the fuck into next week." Lol.

Such great writing and acting. I'm gonna miss it. Or I'm gonna start watching it all over again from the beginning.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I just got around to watching the last season. I had actually been putting it off because I thought it was a full season, and shows like this I like to binge watch because I'll forget what's happening and who is who and so on if I watch as it airs.
    I thought some of the best scenes were of Will and his cellmate. Especially when the guy suggested he may have to shake the source's name out of Will and Will tells him to stand up. "I want you to see that I've got 6 inches on you and you're giving up 30 pounds. I'm not your wife. Raise your hands above your waist and I'll knock you the fuck into next week." Lol.

I loved this part too. I don't remember exactly what scene in what episode it was but there was a part where Will was saying about his dad and how he was an abusive drunk and then when he became a teenager he finally stood up to him - the line was something to the effect of "I figured out how to hit back" which is really, really powerful imagery - and I think having that in mind makes that scene even better. I fully admit I didn't know it was his dad either. I don't recall them ever showing his dad in previous episodes, flashbacks or photos or whatever, and I mean he was younger and looked nothing like him so I don't think it was totally obvious - but there were enough clues to make me feel pretty stupid for nothing picking it up sooner.

The thing with Maggie and whatshisface was definitely excruciating, particularly the promotion stuff. I think there probably was supposed to be more stuff with Neil and Will but it probably got cut for time.
    It seems like most people were hating on the garage jam scene but I liked it. Was it realistic, no, of course not. But it was a nice touch to see Will reach out to his deceased dear friend's mourning grandkids and effectively say "I want to be part of your life and look after you."
    The Shenandoah episode was something I remember hearing about when it aired - there were a lot of articles in my social media feeds about it but I resisted the urge to look at them, so I watched it without having a clue what to expect. Actually if the title wasn't so unique I probably would've forgotten it completely. Now I understand what the hoopla was about. That scene with ... that guy ... interviewing the girl in her dorm room was really, really intense. I understand a lot of the criticism of how Sorkin writes women but I dunno, I really don't see his writing stemming from any issues with women. I really just don't. Yea, I can make a long list of shit that I think should have been written differently or that was ill advised, and yea there were scenes/lines/characters that made me squint and cock my head slightly to the left while watching but that scene was plain as day portraying that girl as a victim on multiple levels who was fighting with all she's got, with whatshisname being the uncomfortable but believable skeptic that makes you wanna bang your head against a wall.

I loved the quickie wedding. I hated the pregnancy, it was too much, too soon, too unnecessary. Charlie's heart attack I hate to say I saw coming after that meeting with the twit who bought them signing the papers. But I don't think it was a bad storytelling device. And I do think Mr. Sorkin was writing a wee bit close to home with that bit about the twit "having a PR problem because you actually have a problem" but overall the reshuffling as a result of Charlies death I thought made sense, and was appropriate. As was it an appropriate way to wrap up the show, we came in at a reshuffling and we went out at a reshuffling. So the story overall was the story of the time these people were assembled together on Newsnight, or this particular era of Newsnight. I liked it.

Also, "Good Evening" was a MUCH better ending than that one from Season two. That one was just awful.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435