Options

***Official***81 is driving us to Montana Thread

Comments

• Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    81 wrote:
    fuckin diesel...those things can pull a speedy across the nation without breaking a sweat. :lol:

go green... green is clean...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    This is what I do for a living.

well shit...hook us up

You wouldn't want to hear what I would recommend if you're going to drive there.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    edited June 2012
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    This is what I do for a living.

well shit...hook us up

You wouldn't want to hear what I would recommend if you're going to drive there.

toss it out....what you got...
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i've looked at full on RV's, but they are a little more expense....although there is sleeping for up to 7....and if you only go 7 that really drives up the price.

This is my God's honest opinion. No bullshit for the most economical driving method for you guys. Toyota Corollas. I used to buy a shit load of them off rental...easily a 1000 or more in my time. They are hard to reserve and there's a reason for that. They are so fucking fuel efficeint and still have more than adequate power. You can very comfortably get 4 people in each car and you will average under full load easily 30mpgs. You can find them with Enterprise for about 40-50 per day or less with unlimited mileage. I know it's not as glamouress as having maybe a party van but it will be the most economical way for 10-12 of you fuckers to get to Montana.

BTW...I just sent in my request for Montana tickets.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i've looked at full on RV's, but they are a little more expense....although there is sleeping for up to 7....and if you only go 7 that really drives up the price.

This is my God's honest opinion. No bullshit for the most economical driving method for you guys. Toyota Corollas. I used to buy a shit load of them off rental...easily a 1000 or more in my time. They are hard to reserve and there's a reason for that. They are so fucking fuel efficeint and still have more than adequate power. You can very comfortably get 4 people in each car and you will average under full load easily 30mpgs. You can find them with Enterprise for about 40-50 per day or less with unlimited mileage. I know it's not as glamouress as having maybe a party van but it will be the most economical way for 10-12 of you fuckers to get to Montana.

BTW...I just sent in my request for Montana tickets.

if that is the case, we might as well get yaris's, or just take our own car.

this is about more than just transportation.....and i'm willing to pay a couple bucks for that.

other wise, i'd hop in my truck and split the gas with i'm a truck....

there is something to be said for a 24 hour party.

the biggest issue i see is the lack of a pisser :?
    should we save a spot on the party bus for you
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    should we save a spot on the party bus for you

I'm flying if I'm lucky enough to hit because of time(fingers crossed).
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    Well, this sounds like a blast !!!

I have to seriously see if I can do this but I better figure it out fast considering the ticket situation.

How many of you already got the $250 or $500 packages?

BTW, I also have a CDL so if we get larger transportation, I can drive that too.

And to think, I was holding out for them to play at The Glass Bowl !!!
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    Definitely interested. I'll bring the cards.

Several decks :shifty:
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    Well it was fun while it lasted....

Im out...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

Im out...

:lol:

Did you have a visit from your conscience?

your better half
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    Thought I would wake up and think " oh God what did I commit to?" Nope even more excited!!
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    DS1119 wrote:

Im out...

your better half
    The wife has informed me I will not be making this trip....
    hehehehehehe

Plus...I should have realized, we will be returning home from Florida, just a few days before.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    DS1119 wrote:

Im out...

your better half
    The wife has informed me I will not be making this trip....
    hehehehehehe

Plus...I should have realized, we will be returning home from Florida, just a few days before.

yeah, I was wondering about the timing of your vacation trip. oh, well. sometimes the fanatasy is better than the reality
  • Options
    I'm rethinking Atlanta now. Both would be difficult, not impossible but difficult.
  • Options

Im out...

:lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    jason_94 wrote:
    Well, this sounds like a blast !!!

I have to seriously see if I can do this but I better figure it out fast considering the ticket situation.

How many of you already got the $250 or $500 packages?

BTW, I also have a CDL so if we get larger transportation, I can drive that too.

And to think, I was holding out for them to play at The Glass Bowl !!!

if they played the glass bowl...i'd get a limo. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I cannot believe I read all 10 pages of this thread...

I will be in Butte on Friday for sure, if you guys are really all driving out, I will try my best to be in Missoula on Saturday (it's 2 hours between both cities). If you guys wanna stop for beers in Butte on Friday, hit me up.

Chit, I haven't had my 4G phone out in Montana...they are a little slow on the cell service, I will be lucky if they have 3G now. Verizon is the carrier there, if you have Verizon, you're good.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

I will be in Butte on Friday for sure, if you guys are really all driving out, I will try my best to be in Missoula on Saturday (it's 2 hours between both cities). If you guys wanna stop for beers in Butte on Friday, hit me up.

Chit, I haven't had my 4G phone out in Montana...they are a little slow on the cell service, I will be lucky if they have 3G now. Verizon is the carrier there, if you have Verizon, you're good.

didn't think they would have 4g :lol::lol::lol:

guess we will be lucky if they have text service. :lol: i think the bus has wifi tho. although i don't knwo what it would connect too out there. :lol:

i guess a good question would be, when is everyone headed to Missoula?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Just thought if I do get tickets via the lottery whose gonna be my date?
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I will. ;)
    #FHP
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

I think a stop in Butte is a great Idea? Maybe camp there one night?
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Definitely interested. I'll bring the cards.

Several decks :shifty:
    Some live AET poker would be a blast.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    I will. ;)
    I never win anything so its doubtful. :fp:
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

This is kind of why I suggested a caravan of cars. My Fiesta gets about 35 mph fully loaded, and it's quite comfortable with three people (four would get a bit cramped, but is doable). A multitude of miniparties in each vehicle, with semi-frequent stops for president sightseeing, brief parties in podunk towns during lunch, and switching places (y'know, when poeple get tired of my driving). It's not a bus party, but I would think it'd be loads of fun with plenty of partying in MT and the campgrounds.

And, more importantly, more money for everyone to party with!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    RKCNDY wrote:

Butte is cool, since I have family and friends there, going to the bars is fun. I can search out places to camp for you if you like.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    kw18 wrote:
    This is kind of why I suggested a caravan of cars. My Fiesta gets about 35 mph fully loaded, and it's quite comfortable with three people (four would get a bit cramped, but is doable). A multitude of miniparties in each vehicle, with semi-frequent stops for president sightseeing, brief parties in podunk towns during lunch, and switching places (y'know, when poeple get tired of my driving). It's not a bus party, but I would think it'd be loads of fun with plenty of partying in MT and the campgrounds.

i think that is how this whole thing started....if there isn't enough interest/real deisre for the bus, i'd be down with a caravan...

i'd be happy to take my truck (assuming someone else can drive a manual). it sits two in comfort, can handle a thrid person in semi comfort, a 4th if you are midget. :lol: .....also a little bit of storage space in the bed.

the nice thing about the bus, is you only need two, maybe three drivers, and the non drivers can party it up, plays xbox or watch a movie....be a bit more comfy and spread out, although those perks admittidly do cost a bit more.
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Butte is cool, since I have family and friends there, going to the bars is fun. I can search out places to camp for you if you like.

can't we just stay at your place
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    I can't believe I just read all friggen 10 pages of this. Now this sounds interesting. Considering I'll just be getting back from Atlanta on Sunday. I could rest up and work for 3 days and then hit the road again.

Now I really have to think about this. :think: :think: :think:
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    edited June 2012
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

i think that is how this whole thing started....if there isn't enough interest/real deisre for the bus, i'd be down with a caravan...

i'd be happy to take my truck (assuming someone else can drive a manual). it sits two in comfort, can handle a thrid person in semi comfort, a 4th if you are midget. :lol: .....also a little bit of storage space in the bed.

My car's a manual, too. Plus, it has TWO phone charging stations. :lol:

How about a poll on van/caravan?
    Post edited by kw18 on
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
This discussion has been closed.