***Official***81 is driving us to Montana Thread

Comments

• patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Half is in Montana the other half in Canada.

http://www.nps.gov/glac/index.htm
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    81 wrote:
    i'm ready to go now....or as soon as i take a nap :lol:

anybody wanna drive to the pacific ocean sat? that would make me a coast to coast driver this year 8-)
    I'm down if we can get Jeff to tell somebody at the M&G where my road is for the way home maybe? I've never seen the ocean! Go ahead and laugh. I've lived a sheltered life....... :?
    81 wrote:
    officially adding Patrick to the road warrior list.
    Welcome to hell dude!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

anybody wanna drive to the pacific ocean sat? that would make me a coast to coast driver this year 8-)
    I'm down if we can get Jeff to tell somebody at the M&G where my road is for the way home maybe? I've never seen the ocean! Go ahead and laugh. I've lived a sheltered life....... :?

if it makes you feel better, i've never seen Miller park from the inside
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    can we get this for the road trip? :D

daily-morning-awesomeness-1010.jpg?w=500&h=331
    I lost a bet...
    can we get this for the road trip? :D

daily-morning-awesomeness-1010.jpg?w=500&h=331

there is a guy down in naperville that builds those from scratch 8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    81 wrote:

We should make a stop at Glaicer national park if we can.

this gets a :thumbup:

if any of you get the chance to go, you will not be let down!

"Going to the sun road" is a must!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

if it makes you feel better, i've never seen Miller park from the inside
    It doesn't but thanks!
    Alright Bitches! I headed out in a couple days to the U.P. When I was there last my wireless router didn't have service. Bought a new one but just in case I wanna get a couple things squared away.
    Exactly how many people are in our camping spot? Do I need to get another one? Querky said you could fit two good size tents in our spot. If needed I can call her and and see if I can get another one. I think its getting pretty booked up? I think I'm gonna book a night at that hotel for Thursday by the Presidents. I have no idea what page its on?? Is that cool?
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Alright Bitches! I headed out in a couple days to the U.P. When I was there last my wireless router didn't have service. Bought a new one but just in case I wanna get a couple things squared away.
    Exactly how many people are in our camping spot? Do I need to get another one? Querky said you could fit two good size tents in our spot. If needed I can call her and and see if I can get another one. I think its getting pretty booked up? I think I'm gonna book a night at that hotel for Thursday by the Presidents. I have no idea what page its on?? Is that cool?

That works perfect for me; thanks for booking the hotel near the Presidents. I know me and my tent are pretty small, so I won't be taking up much room at the site.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    I'm in - I'm going, but not caravaning. :cry: It looks like I'm flying to Spokane with a 1-hour work stop in Idaho on the way to MT.

If the caravan girls are getting a cabin, is there room for me and another girl to join (paying, obviously)? I would love to pile in with you if it works.
    I win.
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    I'm in - I'm going, but not caravaning. :cry: It looks like I'm flying to Spokane with a 1-hour work stop in Idaho on the way to MT.

If the caravan girls are getting a cabin, is there room for me and another girl to join (paying, obviously)? I would love to pile in with you if it works.

pm nature lover
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    hgpjam11 wrote:

pm nature lover

on it. thanks.

And I would volunteer to be a DD for Sun. night. I can't explain it, but I don't like to drink during a show. :shock:
    I win.
    You're my new favorite member!!!
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    And I would volunteer to be a DD for Sun. night. I can't explain it, but I don't like to drink during a show. :shock:

is it legal to ride in teh bed of a truck in MT?

can you drive a stick?

if not...will you have a car....and how many do you think we can fit in the trunk.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    hgpjam11 wrote:

is it legal to ride in teh bed of a truck in MT? I do not know.
    can you drive a stick? Yes
    if not...will you have a car....and how many do you think we can fit in the trunk. Probably a small one, I would say less than 4 in the trunk. Unless more than one is unconcious.
    I win.
    8-)

you are hired as the DD

somebody check on the open bed laws...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    8-)

you are hired as the DD

somebody check on the open bed laws...
    On it!
    I'm guessing depends on the cop?

well there you have it...

i can carry 4 or 5 in teh cab....tight....and anouther 6-8 in the bed.

just gotta go slow....and not act retarded....and sign a waiver
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Oh this will be a treat!
    81 wrote:

Perfect. Just tell everyone in the back to lay down and we'll be fine. If you had a cab on top it would be easy.

Now I still need to find a f*ing ticket.
    I win.
    I don't drink before or during shows either (after is another issue entirely), so I suppose I could drive to the venue as well if we don't feel like fitting 30 people into one truck.

Of course, after 1,600 miles of Dirty Franking it up to Montana, I may be a bit too loopy to do any driving at all ... :crazy:

:lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    I don't drink before or during shows either (after is another issue entirely), so I suppose I could drive to the venue as well if we don't feel like fitting 30 people into one truck.

Of course, after 1,600 miles of Dirty Franking it up to Montana, I may be a bit too loopy to do any driving at all ... :crazy:

:lol:

not me...i can drive all day....sleep and be ready to hop in the car the next AM.

btw KW....what sort of speed do you like to cruise at on teh highway? i'm an 80 or so kind of guy.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Perfect. Just tell everyone in the back to lay down and we'll be fine. If you had a cab on top it would be easy.

Now I still need to find a f*ing ticket.
    If everyone lays down you can fit at least 12 in the back - heavier people at the bottom. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    If everyone lays down you can fit at least 12 in the back - heavier people at the bottom. :lol:

12....oh man..poor suspension is not built for that....it's a small truck people....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

12....oh man..poor suspension is not built for that....it's a small truck people....

Just get them there and and I'll help cover suspension costs. I have a big truck and plan on kidnapping most of who you bring (and others) to enslave in my acid mines.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    not me...i can drive all day....sleep and be ready to hop in the car the next AM.

except for back to back shows...81 is grumpy at 8am
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    81 wrote:
    btw KW....what sort of speed do you like to cruise at on teh highway? i'm an 80 or so kind of guy.

Depends on the speed limit and flow of traffic. I typically average about 10 mph above the speed limit, which I figure keeps me fairly safe from a ticket but still moves me along at a nice pace.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
This discussion has been closed.