Options

PEARL JAM TO PLAY MADE IN AMERICA FESTIVAL

Comments

• Options
    teemanteeman Posts: 337
    Made in America? Owned by a Belgo-Brazilian conglomerate.

Bustin chops of the little guy:
    http://consumerist.com/2012/05/small-br ... -kegs.html

Jay-Z rapped sexist lyrics for years, had a baby girl and now renounces all that:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/anna-ha ... 11153.html
    Too little too late.

People will make excuses and go for the music. I get it. At least we don't have to argue over whether or not PJ has sold out--they have, there's no arguing with fact.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    edited May 2012
    teeman wrote:

Jay-Z rapped sexist lyrics for years, had a baby girl and now renounces all that:
    Too little too late.

People will make excuses and go for the music. I get it. At least we don't have to argue over whether or not PJ has sold out--they have, there's no arguing with fact.

Yes because Lollapalooza or pretty much any festival they've ever played never had sponsored stages and sponsored soft drinks right? LOL!!! You're hilarious, dude.

Are they hypocrites and sellouts for playing shows with Ice Cube twenty years ago??? What about playing shows with Alice in Chains and their hair metal backstages? When did they sellout to you? 1990?
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Suziemay wrote:
    In case it hasn't been mentioned, the $99 2-day passes are limited, I'm guessing the regular sale on Wednesday will be more expensive. From the Facebook Made in America Page:

Now that phase 1 of the lineup is out, the ticket presale is tomorrow! RSVP for the Budweiser Made In America Festival Facebook Event to get a presale code for a limited number of $99 dollar tickets that go on sale 10AM EST Tuesday, May 22nd. . https://www.facebook.com/events/4187704 ... l_activity

So everyone who really wants to go, RSVP now so you get access to the code.

How does that work? Do you get the code right away? I don't do facebook, but I got my kid to rsvp and she didn't get anything yet - does it get sent right before the sale time?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    LukinFan wrote:
    Didn't Ed go off on a rant at the San Diego 2000 show because there was a Miller Lite banner hanging up in the venue?

Do I need to bring up that "foghat chatter"? :lol:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    I wonder what the next price level will be
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    foriginalsinforiginalsin Posts: 699
    edited May 2012
    cp3iverson wrote:
    teeman wrote:

Too little too late.

Yes because Lollapalooza or pretty much any festival thy've ever played never had sponsored stages and sponsored soft drinks right? LOL!!! You're hilarious, dude.

Seriously, the sell out talk sounds retarded, budweiser is at every concert everywhere in this country. This sell out talk is so funny.
    Post edited by foriginalsin on
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    JaneNY wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    In case it hasn't been mentioned, the $99 2-day passes are limited, I'm guessing the regular sale on Wednesday will be more expensive. From the Facebook Made in America Page:

Now that phase 1 of the lineup is out, the ticket presale is tomorrow! RSVP for the Budweiser Made In America Festival Facebook Event to get a presale code for a limited number of $99 dollar tickets that go on sale 10AM EST Tuesday, May 22nd. . https://www.facebook.com/events/4187704 ... l_activity

So everyone who really wants to go, RSVP now so you get access to the code.

How does that work? Do you get the code right away? I don't do facebook, but I got my kid to rsvp and she didn't get anything yet - does it get sent right before the sale time?
    I'm assuming at 10AM EST tomorrow (or sometime right before) they will post the password and because you (or rather, your daughter) RSVPed, it will show up on her Facebook newsfeed. Or if they might send a message blast. I'm not entirely sure but that's what I'm going with :D
  • Options
    cp3iverson wrote:
    teeman wrote:

Too little too late.

Yes because Lollapalooza or pretty much any festival they've ever played never had sponsored stages and sponsored soft drinks right? LOL!!! You're hilarious, dude.

Are they hypocrites and sellouts for playing shows with Ice Cube twenty years ago??? What about playing shows with Alice in Chains and their hair metal backstages? When did they sellout to you? 1990?

You're hilarious. They should cover This Note's For You during their set, if they can fit it in. Gonna be a short one, only the hits.
  • Options
    cp3iverson wrote:
    teeman wrote:

Too little too late.

Yes because Lollapalooza or pretty much any festival thy've ever played never had sponsored stages and sponsored soft drinks right? LOL!!! You're hilarious, dude.

Seriously, the sell out talk sounds retarded, budweiser is at every concert everywhere in this country. This sell out talk is so funny.

Seriously, the excuses sound silly (or, to quote you, retarded)
  • Options
    your arguments simply have no weight. Are Pearl Jam hypocrites for playing the Tibetan Freedom Concert with the Beastie Boys? They denounced their sexist lyrics but that must be unforgivable too right? What about playing with the Chili Peppers? What about playing Lolla and ACL with their Budweiser and Honda stages? Every European festival with their sponsored everything. Target? Real Player private parties? I can go on for another paragraph.

This is Pearl Jam being diverse like they've always been. If they're sellouts to you then they've been sellouts for 21 years. Why not just enjoy it.
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,659
    teeman wrote:

Too little too late.

do you even know how these sponsorship's work? i really don't myself, but i have an idea. and i would assume that budweiser is helping fund the festival, and in return, they get to have their name all over it and have exclusive rights to beer sales at the concert. it has nothing to do with where the profits are going. you can choose to not buy budweiser beer if you wish. i know i won't be drinking any. but i do know that some of the proceeds of the event are going to the united way. and as some others have pointed out, it could be an Obama fundraiser of sorts, but I haven't heard anything reliable regarding that.

either way, to put on an event of this magnitude, it usually requires a sponsorship of some sort. who cares if it's a beer company that is going to be inevitably sold at the show anyway. didn't know buying a bud at a concert was some new thing.
  • Options
    cp3iverson wrote:
    your arguments simply have no weight. Are Pearl Jam hypocrites for playing the Tibetan Freedom Concert with the Beastie Boys? They denounced their sexist lyrics but that must be unforgivable too right? What about playing with the Chili Peppers? What about playing Lolla and ACL with their Budweiser and Honda stages? Every European festival with their sponsored everything. Target? Real Player private parties? I can go on for another paragraph.

This is Pearl Jam being diverse like they've always been. If they're sellouts to you then they've been sellouts for 21 years. Why not just enjoy it.

I guess we'll agree to disagree. Although I must question your use of Target to show how the band hasn't sold out. Odd.
  • Options
    Lifted wrote:
    teeman wrote:

Too little too late.

do you even know how these sponsorship's work? i really don't myself, but i have an idea. and i would assume that budweiser is helping fund the festival, and in return, they get to have their name all over it and have exclusive rights to beer sales at the concert. it has nothing to do with where the profits are going. you can choose to not buy budweiser beer if you wish. i know i won't be drinking any. but i do know that some of the proceeds of the event are going to the united way. and as some others have pointed out, it could be an Obama fundraiser of sorts, but I haven't heard anything reliable regarding that.

either way, to put on an event of this magnitude, it usually requires a sponsorship of some sort. who cares if it's a beer company that is going to be inevitably sold at the show anyway. didn't know buying a bud at a concert was some new thing.

They are sponsoring the show, their profits go overseas. To say it has nothing to do with profits is inaccurate.
  • Options
    man i just don't see how this festival is any different from any other big festival Pearl Jam has played. They've teamed up with artists with offensive lyrics towards women more times than we can count. They've played corporate sponsored events more times than we can count. I'm just still not seeing your argument. Not trying to be rude at all. I just don't see what you're getting at.
  • Options
    eaglefan03eaglefan03 Posts: 19
    I am deffinetly buying a ticket for a two day festival just to see pearl jam dont care about any other act gonna drive home from the shore and my vacation for them and only them :D
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Not even worth arguing with some people. Not going to change their mind so let them live in fantasy world.

Hopeless :fp:

I don't care if Nike sweatshops are sponsoring this. The music is the music..and damned if I miss all this talent

:corn:
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,659
    teeman wrote:
    Lifted wrote:
    teeman wrote:

Too little too late.

They are sponsoring the show, their profits go overseas. To say it has nothing to do with profits is inaccurate.

i guess it depends how you look at it. i'm not buying any budweiser at the show, and i don't think budweiser is receiving any profit from me buying a ticket. so i'm not sure how supporting the event and supporting budweiser go hand in hand. but yeah, i'm sure budweiser will be making a ton from the sponsorship. but even still...big fucking deal. if you can't deal with being around budweiser, then maybe you shouldn't go to concerts, or even participate in society...maybe you should just go live off the land and find shelter in a cave. nothing wrong with that, but it's not for me. and given the fact that you are using a computer to participate in this discussion, i'm assuming it's not for you either, which makes your argument seem kind of silly.
  • Options
    cp3iverson wrote:
    man i just don't see how this festival is any different from any other big festival Pearl Jam has played. They've teamed up with artists with offensive lyrics towards women more times than we can count. They've played corporate sponsored events more times than we can count. I'm just still not seeing your argument. Not trying to be rude at all. I just don't see what you're getting at.

I actually agree with all of those points. Big corporate sponsors, hateful lyrics, corporate bday parties... Some can reconcile with it, others can't.
  • Options
    Not even worth arguing with some people. Not going to change their mind so let them live in fantasy world.

Hopeless :fp:

I don't care if Nike sweatshops are sponsoring this. The music is the music..and damned if I miss all this talent

:corn:

I'm happy for you. We all need to make the right choices for ourselves.
  • Options
    Lifted wrote:

i guess it depends how you look at it. i'm not buying any budweiser at the show, and i don't think budweiser is receiving any profit from me buying a ticket. so i'm not sure how supporting the event and supporting budweiser go hand in hand. but yeah, i'm sure budweiser will be making a ton from the sponsorship. but even still...big fucking deal. if you can't deal with being around budweiser, then maybe you shouldn't go to concerts, or even participate in society...maybe you should just go live off the land and find shelter in a cave. nothing wrong with that, but it's not for me. and given the fact that you are using a computer to participate in this discussion, i'm assuming it's not for you either, which makes your argument seem kind of silly.

Just gotta make the right choices for yourself. It's not about being an extremist, just being conscious of things.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i remember when going to a concert was about going some place for a fun time.....

just sayin

and most likely, bud isn't making a dime, more likely they are paying to participate....it's called advertising budget
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    I'm sure the Occupy folks will have a great view of this. Those bastards and the homeless will be there before any of us
    :lol:
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i remember when going to a concert was about going some place for a fun time.....

just sayin

and most likely, bud isn't making a dime, more likely they are paying to participate....it's called advertising budget

Of course they're paying to participate.

And I agree, it should be about going for a good time.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Another day, another Pearl Jam is playing another festival announcement...

Not my thing.... BUt have fun. At least this sounds like something that might end up being webcast?

Just don't understand why this band won't play their own tours anymore. I know the EV injury might have thrown some plans off, but just tired of all the festivals all the time. What's next?
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Well I agree man. We have to reconcile these things to have a great time. Cheers
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    my favorite band and favorite rapper in one...wow this is awesome.

for those of you who think jay is "garbage" go listen to reasonable doubt and shut the fuck up.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    81 wrote:

just sayin

what beer will sold at the venue other than Bud? c'mon obviously it's a profit machine for Budweiser. Pearl Jam doesn't need this. the strength of their music would sell out venues. a simple Pearl Jam concert would be a fun time. and a Ten Club membership used to mean getting good tickets to that concert. i'm not sure what it means anymore.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    wow, people cant just be happy PJ are playing in your area?

unbelievable.

for those going, have a great time.

Jay Z does nothing for me, but it wouldnt for a minute stop me going to see PJ
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,162
    ok...i read all the intresting thoughts of the thread....
    ill just say this..
    at 2010 pj played in Europe 11 shows,3 their shows,8 festivals,
    i went to 10 shows,3 pj and 7 festivals,i had the best time in all 10..
    earlier the same year they played 13 shows in usa,1 festival only..

this year seems they doing the opposite ,usa festivals 3 so far and europe 13 shows only 3 festivals..
    its easy for me to understant that this band after 21 years playing shows they choose this kinda way of playing live..

when i see a tour or show announcement on the forum or to my mail account i just think if i can go or not..
    think the money,the time of work etc...
    i want to see my favo band live..i cant think and i dont care who is the sponcor,what another artist of the festival said 6 years ago,if the park the venue is will have mosquitos ,if the beer will not be that cold ,or ill not enjoy the philly cheesecake cos the young guy next to me at the venue dont know who pearl jam is..

the real problem isnt pj playing at budweiser festival,or in festivals...

the real problem will be if the band stop playing shows and write music..

from the moment our boys are making music and play shows,im happy..and ill try to see them live as much as i can...
    even in a festival for 90 minutes set and before them Shakira,Creed,Nickelback,or whatwever played and i dont like their music...
    time pass and we dont know how many more years this band will play live....pj on stage means you will have fun....stop find reasons not to go...and thing the most important For go which is..
    the BEST BAND ON THE PLANET LIVE...
    if you can take of work,afford etc....just go ....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Typical, I'll be in Seattle this weekend! Hopefully this trend of PJ making their way north will give us some Northeast dates soon!
    Have a great time to all those attending!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
This discussion has been closed.