Options

PEARL JAM TO PLAY MADE IN AMERICA FESTIVAL

Comments

• Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,659
    Cropsmoker wrote:
    I'm easily one of the most hip hop savvy Pearl Jam fans there are and Jay Z IS NOT, nor is even close to being the best rapper alive!! That's a fucking joke! Dude is garbage like some others have said in this thread.

haha. congratulations.
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    Lifted wrote:
    Actually you may have a point with the better lineup than PJ20. I mean the Strokes are one of my faves so besides them I could do without the other bands. But I still made the trip out because I was not going to miss them. It's nice because most of the bands aren't even announce yet.

And I heard Eddie is doing a duet with Beibs for the Xmas Single

this lineup is definitely better than pj20 for me, and the bulk of it is unannounced. I understand that people are upset about the budweiser sponsorship and such, but i'm really shocked at how much people dislike jay-z on this board. and i think if people would look into the festival a little more, instead of just assuming they know all of the details, including the intentions of the performers on the bill, then maybe they'd lighten up a bit. i haven't seen pj since 2010, and i've never seen jay-z, so i'm really lookin forward to labor day weekend.

amen..and ive seen jay live once and hes put on a good show whether you like the music or not..im not really into the last 5-6 years of his music but good live music is good live music
  • Options
    CropsmokerCropsmoker Posts: 209
    Made in America?! Yeah! But no longer OWNED BY AMERICANS!! Fuck Budwiser!

I just hope Jay Z doesn't come out and do dirty frank with the band! A small part of me died when Page played guitar for that weak bitch Puff daddy. I couldn't stand another blow like that.
    "Music's at its best when it has a purpose." EV
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,701
    Jay Z is married to Beyonce, right? He was the support act for U2 during their Australian tour in 2010.

:eh:
  • Options
    Cropsmoker wrote:
    I don't know what Pearl Jam believes or stands for anymore. Once upon a time I could count on seeing pretty much eye to eye with Ed. Now? I really feel like I don't even know this band anymore. You're not supposed to lose your integrity when you get old and have kids. You're supposed to pass them on to your children so they can pass them on to theirs. But whatever...they wanna be a festival band now and whore themselves under a corporate logo that's their choice.

+1
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    jay z is amazing live. and how cool is it after all these years pearl jam is headlining a festival with probably the biggest rap act out there. I think this is a huge compliment to the city of philadelphia; for once all of pj fans can attend the show. i'll definitely be going, plus at $50 a ticket it's like rolling back the prices to 2003!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    This is freaking awesome.

Updated Concert Itinerary:

Metallica Orion Festival (June 23-June 24)
    Roger Waters The Wall (July 14)
    PEARL JAM (This Jay Z thing)
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    IS THIS A JOKE? :fp: :fp:

why not just play some real shows around that time?

a festival thats gonna be way over-crowded with kids who don't have any idea who pearl jam is :roll:

PEARL JAM....what has happened since you turned 20??

enjoy all..this is not even worth a 2nd thought
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

a festival thats gonna be way over-crowded with kids who don't have any idea who pearl jam is :roll:

We will. Thanks!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    I got 99 problems but seeing Pearl Jam and Jay-Z at the same show ain't one :lol: Fuck Yeah!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options

im there for 2 of the 3 going to orion and hopefully going to this
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    I can't find if someone answered this-
    How much will tixx be?
    Is it only general admission?
    Thanks
  • Options
    for those that said city center for hotels

would that be city center east or west or either?
  • Options
    iamloco724 wrote:

im there for 2 of the 3 going to orion and hopefully going to this

They're all gonna be great. I haven't seen Metallica since the ReLoad days. And I've seen Waters twice but not The Wall.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

I could care less about there old or new beliefs Jay. ALL I CARE ABOUT IS THE MUSIC!!!!! To miss a show from ur fav band when its a train ride away is foolish.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,701
    Eddie will be collaborating with Timbaland next

;)
  • Options

It's been going on long before PJ21...
  • Options
    Richie15Richie15 Posts: 35
    mookieb10 wrote:
    Guess I picked the wrong year to move to Miami :fp:

I guess i picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue...
  • Options
    CropsmokerCropsmoker Posts: 209
    edited May 2012
    jay-z-grammy-2011-a-p.jpg

Mushmouth.jpg

separated at birth?
    Post edited by Cropsmoker on
    "Music's at its best when it has a purpose." EV
  • Options
    SpinTheBlackOSpinTheBlackO Posts: 385
    iamloco724 wrote:
    for those that said city center for hotels

would that be city center east or west or either?

it's going to be at the philadelphia museum of art, so west (rittenhouse area) would make more sense. if you're around city hall either way, it's not a bad walk.
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581

Cage the Elephant and Gaslight in AC just announced June 22!
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    to those that are going....enjoy!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    just found this in another thread. this might clear some things up:

Earlier this year, I read an article from some journalist who took a tour of Pearl Jam Headquarters (right around the time when VS/Vitalogy Remasters were coming out). He said in the article, that in one of the offices at PJHQ, are two framed pictures: one is Jay-Z and Beyonce backstage at MSG staring in awe of a giant image of Eddie, the other is of Eddie, backstage at MSG also staring at a giant picture of Jay-Z.

Has anyone ever seen these pictures? When I read that article, I was thinking how cool that was of them to do that.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    the more i think about it the cooler this sounds although i cant go. On the pearl jam side, i think its cool they have expanded outside the usual festival circuit. Playing lolla and reading and similar fests thats cool, but i think its neat they are trying out a different festival, one thats new. I also think its cool, they are joining forces at least in terms of the festival curating, with someone that is completely outside their wheelhouse and comfort zone. I cant think of two artists who are more different. I also think the audience and the other bands will be very different compared to a lolla or reading. I think the audience may be more indie rock. More the crowd that attends coachella or sasquatch. I dont tend to think of pearl jam audiences as hipster. so that should be very interesting. certainly passion pit and dirty projectors have a pitchfork loving audience.

on the jay z side i think its cool how instead of putting together a hip hop showcase, which would have been cool, he went in a new direction. As i said, in another thread, he has pledged allegiance to indie rock bands for years, its nice to see him do something like this.
  • Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    just found this in another thread. this might clear some things up:

Earlier this year, I read an article from some journalist who took a tour of Pearl Jam Headquarters (right around the time when VS/Vitalogy Remasters were coming out). He said in the article, that in one of the offices at PJHQ, are two framed pictures: one is Jay-Z and Beyonce backstage at MSG staring in awe of a giant image of Eddie, the other is of Eddie, backstage at MSG also staring at a giant picture of Jay-Z.

Has anyone ever seen these pictures? When I read that article, I was thinking how cool that was of them to do that.

i find that quite interesting. as i said, that jay and beyonce like rock music isnt too surprising. i would find it completely surreal if indeed a pic of ed existed in that capacity. Ive never considered ed that into hip hop, and in fact, the several times ive seen him interviewed where they ask him about hip hop, i remember the monkeywrench radio thing where stone was raving about outkast, and ed had no idea who they were. Seem to remember something similar a few years back with matt raving about some seattle hip hop groups and ed completely unaware of who they were.

Jay-z just doesnt seem to be, what i picture ed listening to. Im a huge fan of Jay, but the materialism and all of it, seems the complete opposite of what ed goes for in music. and thats fine. but i cant imagine him nodding his head to some sick jay beats at MSG
  • Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 264
    Cropsmoker wrote:
    I'm easily one of the most hip hop savvy Pearl Jam fans there are ...

Haha! This is great.
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,659
    the more i think about it the cooler this sounds although i cant go. On the pearl jam side, i think its cool they have expanded outside the usual festival circuit. Playing lolla and reading and similar fests thats cool, but i think its neat they are trying out a different festival, one thats new. I also think its cool, they are joining forces at least in terms of the festival curating, with someone that is completely outside their wheelhouse and comfort zone. I cant think of two artists who are more different. I also think the audience and the other bands will be very different compared to a lolla or reading. I think the audience may be more indie rock. More the crowd that attends coachella or sasquatch. I dont tend to think of pearl jam audiences as hipster. so that should be very interesting. certainly passion pit and dirty projectors have a pitchfork loving audience.

on the jay z side i think its cool how instead of putting together a hip hop showcase, which would have been cool, he went in a new direction. As i said, in another thread, he has pledged allegiance to indie rock bands for years, its nice to see him do something like this.

yeah. this is definitely cool, and i'm surprised more people are seeing it this way, as opposed to a sell-out move on pj's part. i really like where this thing is going, and it seems like jay-z has a good vision for how he wants this festival to play out. here's a video of him talking about it on cnn...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Cjhe8ujwfjo

on another note...i'm really pissed off that d'angelo has already backed out. that was pretty short lived. i was psyched about seeing him. and.....are people aware that the legendary Roots crew are going to be playing? i guess people are too busy whining about the idea of Drake being on the bill. i'm really interested in seeing what the final lineup looks like. i'll be buying a ticket on wednesday either way.
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,245
    Pearl jam and the fonz have both jumped the shark......
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    I remember I was unwillingly drug to some shitty '90s band concert in 2008. Had no interest in going but saw them live and was absolutely blown away. Never know what you are missing until you give it a shot.
    O and that band was PJ, now look at me. A 10club degenerate obsessed with everything PJ :)
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Does anyone know if there will be seating at the fest, or is it standing room only??
    "A beacon on dry land"
This discussion has been closed.