Options

PEARL JAM TO PLAY MADE IN AMERICA FESTIVAL

Comments

• Options
    TheSpectrumTheSpectrum Posts: 119
    I'm on the fence with this. My gf gets some serious anxiety in big crowds not to mention I'm short. At live8 I remember we could relax on the grass or chairs which wasn't too bad. Another problem I have with this is the lineup. Nothing against the rap artists I would probably even enjoy some of it. The problem will be the kids in the crowd who could care less about this band.

Fyi Ticketmaster lists normal ticket prices at $99 for 2 day passes.
    VIP tickets are $350 and I'm not sure they're worth the price. It mentions you get a VIP are[*]a but who knows where that is. I would like to go and am hoping they play Sunday bc i have tickets for Bruce on Monday...guaranteed Eddie makes an appearance.
    we were but stones, your light made us stars
  • Options
    rbrum7rbrum7 Posts: 976
    Some of you people disgust me. It's 2012 and it amazes me that anyone under the age of 60 could be a bigot. Following this announcement, I've read people say things like I don't want to fight through a crowd of "rap fans" and we'll have to deal with all the "riff raff". Why don't you just come right out and state you don't like anyone who isn't a W.M.A.

It amazes me that anyone who thinks this way could be a PJ fan. Your thoughts and pretty much your entire existence are everything each band member loaths. And no I dont know them personally, but all you have to do is listen to their music, pay attention to what they support or read PJ20 to know this. I take comfort in knowing you idolize a band that thinks you're scum.

Wake up, open your mind and stop the hate. I hope my kids can live in a world where this BS truly doesn't exist.
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    (EV Solo) Detroit, MI - 6/26/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Shitsburgh, PA - 10/11/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
    (EV Solo) Tempe, AZ - 3/2/19
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/15/20 (Canceled)
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/16/20 (Canceled)
    Indianapolis, IN - 9/10/23 (Canceled)
  • Options
    I hope you're not referring to me because I was talking about spoiled white rich kids. If anything, you sounds like a bigot if you assume rap fans are all black. This also leads me to believe you've never been to a rap show. Its full of young ego driven white kids who have no respect for other peoples space....that's who the music is marketed towards.
    I have never had one problem with a black person at an event in my entire life. However I've had plenty of
    scraps with white kids at shows including one at pj20 who tried to steal my camera and snuck his slut of a gf next to me without a ticket.
  • Options
    I hope you're not referring to me because I was talking about spoiled white rich kids. If anything, you sounds like a bigot if you assume rap fans are all black. This also leads me to believe you've never been to a rap show. Its full of young ego driven white kids who have no respect for other peoples space....that's who the music is marketed towards.
    I have never had one problem with a black person at an event in my entire life. However I've had plenty of
    scraps with white kids at shows including one at pj20 who tried to steal my camera and snuck his slut of a gf next to me without a ticket.

Well, you're wrong. I don't assume anything is all something. That's what you call a stereotype, and I don't make them. What's wrong with spoiled kids of any race? Do you have a real reason to dislike them? In my experience, those who show dislike for one specific group, probably have dislike for others, so I'm concerned you have a problem with spoiled white rich kids.

And you couldn't be more wrong with your assumption of what concerts I've attended. So whatever "leads you to believe that" is wrong.

I've seen:
    Wu-Tang Clan
    KRS-One
    Dr. Dre
    Snoop Dog
    Eminem
    Kid Cudi
    Chip Tha Ripper
    Parliament Funkadelic

Nice try though.
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,741
    for anyone wondering what the hell this thread is about

Pearl jam are playing a USA festival.....go get your tickets and be excited
  • Options

By the way, I wasn't referring to you at all. The one guy I was referring to was a guy who commented in the original announcement in the News section of the main site. Then someone who said they didn't want to deal with riff raff. But not you.
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
  • Options
    If you came back from a tom petty show and told me you had a problem with an audience member id be very surprised. If you came from a kanye show and said the same thing I wouldn't even bat an eyelash. Listen you have a point I'm sure some of these people are flat out racist. I'm not one of them. I don't have to explain toyou that I dated a black girl when i was in high school because this internet back and forth is something I don't feel like doing. Look at who this concert is catered to; drake, skrillex, etc. This will be a young attitude driven audience how can you not see that. Some of us are too old to deal with that atmosphere. I say this even though I'm going. Just can't pass up the greatest live band on the planet :D
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    pdalowsky wrote:

its crazy Paul....this thread is like a new virus,flu is in town and people need to afraid than a pj show announcement...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

I am excited. I love the lineup, it's a 7 hour drive for me and I have no issues interacting with any type of person or fan of any style of music (except county of course, haha).

Also, I was never expecting any US tour until it is time to support a new album. So to me festivals I can drive to are just icing on the cake, a great filler until there is a real tour in 2013 and I couldn't be happier. Especially since I've made friends through this board with a PA native who extended an open invitation next time PJ is in Philly. I'll have to see if he's attending.
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
  • Options
    rbrum7 wrote:

By the way, I wasn't referring to you at all. The one guy I was referring to was a guy who commented in the original announcement in the News section of the main site. Then someone who said they didn't want to deal with riff raff. But not you.
    Hey no harm done for the record you do make good points about certain people. I remember when they played msg a fan kept yelling about immigration saying " get them all out". I was thinking are you even listening to ed????
  • Options
    If you came back from a tom petty show and told me you had a problem with an audience member id be very surprised. If you came from a kanye show and said the same thing I wouldn't even bat an eyelash. Listen you have a point I'm sure some of these people are flat out racist. I'm not one of them. I don't have to explain toyou that I dated a black girl when i was in high school because this internet back and forth is something I don't feel like doing. Look at who this concert is catered to; drake, skrillex, etc. This will be a young attitude driven audience how can you not see that. Some of us are too old to deal with that atmosphere. I say this even though I'm going. Just can't pass up the greatest live band on the planet :D

More power to you bro, I'm glad to hear your an accepting individual and I hope to cross paths with you in Philly. I know I posted this once, but I wasn't referring to you.

To recent posters about this thread and it's contents. Let me please point out that I never complained about the announcement or this festival. I'm stoked beyond belief and hope to attend. Sorry if you don't like me calling out people who I think are being racist, but if I don't then I feel like I'm not doing my part to end all that nonsense in hopes of a better world. Someone needs to speak out, and I think this band is proof of that.
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,625
    Anyone have the presale password and care to post it?
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    kenny olav wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i remember when going to a concert was about going some place for a fun time.....

just sayin

and most likely, bud isn't making a dime, more likely they are paying to participate....it's called advertising budget

what beer will sold at the venue other than Bud? c'mon obviously it's a profit machine for Budweiser. Pearl Jam doesn't need this. the strength of their music would sell out venues. a simple Pearl Jam concert would be a fun time. and a Ten Club membership used to mean getting good tickets to that concert. i'm not sure what it means anymore.

fair enough, they sell a few cases of beer....big whooop....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rbrum7 wrote:

Hey no harm done for the record you do make good points about certain people. I remember when they played msg a fan kept yelling about immigration saying " get them all out". I was thinking are you even listening to ed????

Exactly!!! The scene from PJ20 where they play Bushleager and get booed, especially the extended cut on the Deluxe version, makes me so uncomfortable! It's like, what band are you here to see? You don't have to have the same belief or opinion, but don't boo a band that you know what side of the argument they're on. Those fans that night must have been there to see Evenflow and Alive since they know it from the radio, ha.
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,780
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Solat13 wrote:
    I just hope it's not like a 90 degree muggy day, because it gets packed in when concerts are on the Parkway:

live-8-concert-philadelphia-museum-of-art-duncan-pearson.jpg

where the hell is parking going to be? That is just about the worst part of Philly to get to.

Actually it's the best part of Philly to get to - by public transportation - the trains from Jersey are close, there is Amtrak within walking distance, and both the El and Broad Street line are close.

I wouldn't even think about driving in.

But apparently, you will be, so If I were you, I'd find a parking garage around 21st & Chestnut St. and just get out and walk.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,741
    81 wrote:
    kenny olav wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i remember when going to a concert was about going some place for a fun time.....

just sayin

and most likely, bud isn't making a dime, more likely they are paying to participate....it's called advertising budget

what beer will sold at the venue other than Bud? c'mon obviously it's a profit machine for Budweiser. Pearl Jam doesn't need this. the strength of their music would sell out venues. a simple Pearl Jam concert would be a fun time. and a Ten Club membership used to mean getting good tickets to that concert. i'm not sure what it means anymore.

fair enough, they sell a few cases of beer....big whooop....

exactly, who cares who drinks what?

staggering.

I happen to think bud tastes awful, but if its the only beer on offer I probably wouldnt think twice
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    I got 99 problems but this festival ain't one.
    :lol: This kills!!
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    rbrum7 wrote:
    Some of you people disgust me. It's 2012 and it amazes me that anyone under the age of 60 could be a bigot. Following this announcement, I've read people say things like I don't want to fight through a crowd of "rap fans" and we'll have to deal with all the "riff raff". Why don't you just come right out and state you don't like anyone who isn't a W.M.A.

It amazes me that anyone who thinks this way could be a PJ fan. Your thoughts and pretty much your entire existence are everything each band member loaths. And no I dont know them personally, but all you have to do is listen to their music, pay attention to what they support or read PJ20 to know this. I take comfort in knowing you idolize a band that thinks you're scum.

Wake up, open your mind and stop the hate. I hope my kids can live in a world where this BS truly doesn't exist.
    You do realize all the "rap fans" at this concert are going to be WMA too, right?
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    is anybody going to try for tickets this morning? I can't get Facebook at work, so I won't be able to get the pre-sale code. Would someone mind PMing me the code? thanks
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,501
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Solat13 wrote:
    I just hope it's not like a 90 degree muggy day, because it gets packed in when concerts are on the Parkway:

live-8-concert-philadelphia-museum-of-art-duncan-pearson.jpg

where the hell is parking going to be? That is just about the worst part of Philly to get to.

Actually it's the best part of Philly to get to - by public transportation - the trains from Jersey are close, there is Amtrak within walking distance, and both the El and Broad Street line are close.

I wouldn't even think about driving in.

But apparently, you will be, so If I were you, I'd find a parking garage around 21st & Chestnut St. and just get out and walk.

i assume that this picture is from Live8? So this would be about half the people in the picture. Which i guess isnt that bad people wise. But this looks like pretty much the worst set up for a show. The people next to the trees cant see a thing and the "island" in the middle seems to block half the audience. I have no problem with them playing festivals but I'm not sure if i want to deal with this place. very torn.

Please play NYC or Hartford or somewhere else near by.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    is anybody going to try for tickets this morning? I can't get Facebook at work, so I won't be able to get the pre-sale code. Would someone mind PMing me the code? thanks

Yes, please post it or pm pleast
  • Options
    snipes824 wrote:
    rbrum7 wrote:

You do realize all the "rap fans" at this concert are going to be WMA too, right?

:lol: This is probably true. I doubt the guy that said it realized that though.
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

they sure don't make it easy to find....i think i regsestred...if i see it, i'll pass it on

but you will owe me a bud if you use it. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

they sure don't make it easy to find....i think i regsestred...if i see it, i'll pass it on

I think I found it, hopefully. Thanks though.

:lol:
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

thanks.

I will give you Bud no matter what, cause I know its your favorite. or one of my leftover Alpine beers. nice to see you took up smoking again
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

are you on teh page that says check back right here tommorrow for the code?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    ryanjepryanjep Posts: 129
    hey guys does anyone have the presale code yet? signed up for it but not real clear on where to find it.
  • Options
    ryanjepryanjep Posts: 129
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

thats where im checking
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

No, I found it through some random site. I believe I have used that before, a couple times, and it has always worked.

http://ticketcrush.blogspot.com/

Is that what you have?
  • Options
    http://www.madeinamericafest.com/ticketing.html

looks like the longer you wait, the more it will cost, 2-day passes, price goes up when each level sells out:

$99, $135, $150, $175
This discussion has been closed.