Options

PEARL JAM TO PLAY MADE IN AMERICA FESTIVAL

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Stardog3.. wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Can definitely expect a collaboration if they do.

Should I start an *****OFFICIAL***** petition- that is sure to work- for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1nbvplgElw

I said it the other day that I would love this. I also mentioned that I could see them working out RITFW.
    Jay on Kick out the Jams!!!!! complete with his own rap verse
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    81 wrote:
    Jay-Z and Pearl Jam will play both nights.

http://allhiphop.com/2012/05/22/line-up ... rick-ross/

:corn:

it def sounds too good to be true think its very unlikely
  • Options
    mine Iammine Iam Posts: 11
    I am shocked by all the haters..What happened to Pearl Jam fans, when did they become so judgemental?

It's a concert, it's 99 bucks.

Maybe your mind gets opened to something different.

Sounds like a bargain to me - I will be there!

If it's not your bag then don't go. :nono:
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    my2hands wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    It's not dirty at all. $135 is still a good price and well worth it.

you really think $150+ (with fee's) is well worth this lineup for only 2 days? the best part is they still call that "early bird 2" pricing??? :roll:

i would take a look around at the other festival lineups and cost before calling this well worth it... almost all major festivals are 3-4 days and are right around $200, with MUCH better/deeper lineups, which makes $150 (going to $200 eventually) for this 2 day festival look not so hot in my personal opinion

I know the prices of other festivals so I don't need to look around. I'd rather see this festival for this price than the one you posted for $198.

to each his own my friend, thats what makes the world a great place... i would much rather see the firefly lineup... i think PJ is the best band in thw wolrd and i would rather see them than ANYONE, but as far as festival lineups go, i have to say i'm not a fan of the MIA fest. i like good hip-hop so i wouldnt mind seeing jay-z, but shit they dont even have the roots on the bill, the best hip-hop group of all time in my opinion, and they are from philly!
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Congrats on being around a long time and seeing a lot of shows and still trolling. You're not going to sneak in.
    So let me get this straight...

This guy is going to SNEAK IN....
    And it is the JayZ fans who are the riff-raff???

hehehehe

Another message board "angel".......

classic
  • Options
    did anyone actually get a $99 ticket today? or did they all sell out yesterday in the little budweiser facebook i'm cooler than you presale thing? was this presale only available to facebook account holders? because that would have eliminated me, fortunately :mrgreen: the reason i ask was i was on @ 10am sharp today and there were no $99's available

by the way, anything i say about the weak lineup or price for the weak lineup, or lack of actual early bird tickets isnt me trying to bitch, believe me i have had my fair share of great concert experiences, its just giving a little feedback on a rock bands message board, its really not that big of a deal folks
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,952
    my2hands wrote:
    to each his own my friend, thats what makes the world a great place... i would much rather see the firefly lineup... i think PJ is the best band in thw wolrd and i would rather see them than ANYONE, but as far as festival lineups go, i have to say i'm not a fan of the MIA fest. i like good hip-hop so i wouldnt mind seeing jay-z, but shit they dont even have the roots on the bill, the best hip-hop group of all time in my opinion, and they are from philly!

Jay said he asked them. So either they couldnt make it or they will be announced in Phase 2. I've seen The Roots 7 times already so I wont mind if they dont make it.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    i grabbed 2 yesterday for 99$ and then decided i better go back and grab 2 more at that price - so i got a total of 4.

The pre-sale did require a small amount of work to be done -- i had to hangout on the Budweiser FB page until they said the code was BUDWEISER FB. then went to TM and made the purchase.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    my2hands wrote:
    did anyone actually get a $99 ticket today? or did they all sell out yesterday in the little budweiser facebook i'm cooler than you presale thing? was this presale only available to facebook account holders? because that would have eliminated me, fortunately :mrgreen: the reason i ask was i was on @ 10am sharp today and there were no $99's available

It wasn't only for facebook account holders. My kid does facebook, but I choose not to for a variety of reasons, and she got the code for me.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Austin City Limits ~ 3 Day Festival ~ Full Price $200 ~ Thats what the fuck i'm talking about!

•• Red Hot Chili Peppers
    •• Neil Young and Crazy Horse
    •• The Black Keys
    •• Jack White
    •• Florence + The Machine
    •• The Avett Brothers
    •• Iggy & The Stooges
    •• AVICII
    •• BASSNECTAR
    •• The Roots
    •• The Shins
    •• Weezer
    •• Gotye
    •• The Civil Wars
    •• M83
    •• Tegan and Sara
    •• Childish Gambino
    •• Two Door Cinema Club
    •• Thievery Corporation
    •• The Afghan Whigs
    •• Crystal Castles
    •• Andrew Bird
    •• Gary Clark Jr.
    •• Metric
    •• The Weeknd
    •• Band of Skulls
    •• Esperanza Spalding
    •• Alabama Shakes
    •• Delta Spirit
    •• M. Ward
    •• Randy Rogers Band
    •• Die Antwoord
    •• Rufus Wainwright
    •• NEEDTOBREATHE
    •• Big Gigantic
    •• Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra
    •• Steve Earle
    •• The War On Drugs
    •• Umphrey's McGee
    •• Barrington Levy
    •• Old 97's
    •• Punch Brothers
    •• Bombay Bicycle Club
    •• A-Trak
    •• Trampled by Turtles
    •• Patterson Hood
    •• Michael Kiwanuka
    •• Big K.R.I.T.
    •• Oberhofer
    •• POLICA
    •• Tennis
    •• Zola Jesus
    •• Stars
    •• Kimbra
    •• Black Lips
    •• Los Campesinos!
    •• Jovanotti
    •• Ben Howard
    •• Ruthie Foster
    •• Freelance Whales
    •• Civil Twilight
    •• The Whigs
    •• Dev
    •• The Lumineers
    •• Bad Books
    •• The Devil Makes Three
    •• Asleep at the Wheel
    •• First Aid Kit
    •• Patrick Watson
    •• LP
    •• Caveman
    •• Lee Fields & The Expressions
    •• Father John Misty
    •• The Wombats
    •• Dry the River
    •• The Boxer Rebellion
    •• Soul Rebels
    •• Thundercat
    •• Willis Earl Beal
    •• He's My Brother, She's My Sister
    •• Kishi Bashi
    •• The Deep Dark Woods
    •• Moon Duo
    •• Kopecky Family Band
    •• River City Extension
    •• Quiet Corral
    •• Wheeler Brothers
    •• The Relatives
    •• Space Capone
    •• The Staves
    •• Native Run
    •• Nikki Lane
    •• Quiet Company
    •• Infantree
    •• Wild Child
    •• La Vida Bohème
    •• The Eastern Sea
    •• The Dunwells
    •• Kenny Vaughan Trio
    •• Justin Jones
    •• Sonámbulo
    •• Royal Teeth
    •• Noah Gunderson
    •• The Aaron Ivey Band
    •• The Mighty Sincere Voices
    •• G.S.T.
    •• Colorfeels
    •• Lera Lynn
    •• Megan McCormick
    •• Shields of Faith
    •• Stapletones
    •• The Baylor Choir
    •• Disciples of Joy
    •• Ralph's World
    •• Orange Sherbet
    •• Big Don
    •• Rocknoceros
    •• Hullabaloo
    •• Jambo
    •• Peter DiStefano & Tor
    •• The School of Rock
    •• The Q Brothers
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    JaneNY wrote:
    my2hands wrote:

It wasn't only for facebook account holders. My kid does facebook, but I choose not to for a variety of reasons, and she got the code for me.

and the code was posted here in multiple threads

the presale lasted a good hour....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    my2hands wrote:
    Austin City Limits ~ 3 Day Festival ~ Full Price $200 ~ Thats what the fuck i'm talking about!

•• Red Hot Chili Peppers
    •• Neil Young and Crazy Horse
    •• The Black Keys
    •• Jack White
    •• Florence + The Machine
    •• The Avett Brothers
    •• Iggy & The Stooges
    •• AVICII
    •• BASSNECTAR
    •• The Roots
    •• The Shins
    •• Weezer
    •• Gotye
    •• The Civil Wars
    •• M83
    •• Tegan and Sara
    •• Childish Gambino
    •• Two Door Cinema Club
    •• Thievery Corporation
    •• The Afghan Whigs
    •• Crystal Castles
    •• Andrew Bird
    •• Gary Clark Jr.
    •• Metric
    •• The Weeknd
    •• Band of Skulls
    •• Esperanza Spalding
    •• Alabama Shakes
    •• Delta Spirit
    •• M. Ward
    •• Randy Rogers Band
    •• Die Antwoord
    •• Rufus Wainwright
    •• NEEDTOBREATHE
    •• Big Gigantic
    •• Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra
    •• Steve Earle
    •• The War On Drugs
    •• Umphrey's McGee
    •• Barrington Levy
    •• Old 97's
    •• Punch Brothers
    •• Bombay Bicycle Club
    •• A-Trak
    •• Trampled by Turtles
    •• Patterson Hood
    •• Michael Kiwanuka
    •• Big K.R.I.T.
    •• Oberhofer
    •• POLICA
    •• Tennis
    •• Zola Jesus
    •• Stars
    •• Kimbra
    •• Black Lips
    •• Los Campesinos!
    •• Jovanotti
    •• Ben Howard
    •• Ruthie Foster
    •• Freelance Whales
    •• Civil Twilight
    •• The Whigs
    •• Dev
    •• The Lumineers
    •• Bad Books
    •• The Devil Makes Three
    •• Asleep at the Wheel
    •• First Aid Kit
    •• Patrick Watson
    •• LP
    •• Caveman
    •• Lee Fields & The Expressions
    •• Father John Misty
    •• The Wombats
    •• Dry the River
    •• The Boxer Rebellion
    •• Soul Rebels
    •• Thundercat
    •• Willis Earl Beal
    •• He's My Brother, She's My Sister
    •• Kishi Bashi
    •• The Deep Dark Woods
    •• Moon Duo
    •• Kopecky Family Band
    •• River City Extension
    •• Quiet Corral
    •• Wheeler Brothers
    •• The Relatives
    •• Space Capone
    •• The Staves
    •• Native Run
    •• Nikki Lane
    •• Quiet Company
    •• Infantree
    •• Wild Child
    •• La Vida Bohème
    •• The Eastern Sea
    •• The Dunwells
    •• Kenny Vaughan Trio
    •• Justin Jones
    •• Sonámbulo
    •• Royal Teeth
    •• Noah Gunderson
    •• The Aaron Ivey Band
    •• The Mighty Sincere Voices
    •• G.S.T.
    •• Colorfeels
    •• Lera Lynn
    •• Megan McCormick
    •• Shields of Faith
    •• Stapletones
    •• The Baylor Choir
    •• Disciples of Joy
    •• Ralph's World
    •• Orange Sherbet
    •• Big Don
    •• Rocknoceros
    •• Hullabaloo
    •• Jambo
    •• Peter DiStefano & Tor
    •• The School of Rock
    •• The Q Brothers

no lez zepplin..i'm out
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    my2hands wrote:

thanks!

i guess my real question is were all the $99 tickets sold in the budweiser facebook presale yesterday?

how many of you nice folks got a $99 ticket today?
  • Options
    GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ New Jersey Posts: 1,048
    edited May 2012
    my2hands wrote:
    JaneNY wrote:
    my2hands wrote:

thanks!

i guess my real question is were all the $99 tickets sold in the budweiser facebook presale yesterday?

how many of you nice folks got a $99 ticket today?

I got mine at 10:00am for $135.
    Post edited by GirlLovesPJ on
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224
    I got a $99 today

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    hello.

i don't feel like reading through the whole thread so can somebody tell me if it has been confirmed which day pearl jam will close? someone said sunday...then i thought i read saturday night......has this been finalized yet?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ New Jersey Posts: 1,048
    edited May 2012
    hello.

i don't feel like reading through the whole thread so can somebody tell me if it has been confirmed which day pearl jam will close? someone said sunday...then i thought i read saturday night......has this been finalized yet?

It has not been announced yet. I've only heard rumors that J-Zay will be opening the Festival, therefore, PJ will be closing it.
    Post edited by GirlLovesPJ on
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    hello.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=189582&start=495#p4429760
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    hello.

not set yet
  • Options
    81 wrote:

first time that photo has ever been on allhiphop.com haha - also i love that McCready went with his Bowie look in that photo
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Not that i care because i'm going for PJ and PJ alone. But who announces a festival and dosen't list ALL the performers? How pissed would u be if ur a fan of _______ and they get announced a week after tickets went on sale and sold out. Because if PJ wasn't on this list u couldn't pay me to go.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Not that i care because i'm going for PJ and PJ alone. But who announces a festival and dosen't list ALL the performers? How pissed would u be if ur a fan of _______ and they get announced a week after tickets went on sale and sold out. Because if PJ wasn't on this list u couldn't pay me to go.

maybe they had a drop dead date for selling tickets and couldn't hammer out all the details with artists? i don't know.

bonnarro adds artisits as well.

imo, i would be shocked if any big names are added
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

alot of festivals add artists later on..the way this festival is announcing them is like how metallicas festival was
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    81 wrote:

maybe they had a drop dead date for selling tickets and couldn't hammer out all the details with artists? i don't know.

bonnarro adds artisits as well.

imo, i would be shocked if any big names are added
    I actually think the opposite. You've got ur 2 big names and a bunch of lower tier musicans listed already. You'd have to think that everyone besides Pj and jayz are 2nd and 3rd stage material. I'm thinking that the tba acts will play the main stage.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Got my tix a day late and paid $150-big whoop. My two favorite acts plus a host of progressive music talent. Based on the diversity of the crowd and the show, to me, this blows Alpine away.

This is special because it's the first one, let's not forget the first Lollapalooza had diverse acts as well: Jane's Addiction, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Nine Inch Nails, Living Colour, Ice-T & Body Count, Butthole Surfers, Rollins Band, Violent Femmes, Fishbone, Emergency Broadcast Network, Rage Against The Machine.

There is nothing wrong with variety. If PJ had just one influence, they would not be who they are today. Yeah, some of the acts are unknown to rock fans but that doesn't make them any less worthy of your attention.
    Mansfield 98, State College 03, Boston 06, Mansfield 08 1&2, Hartford 10, Boston 10,EV Boston 09 1&2, EV Hartford 11, EV Providence 11, EV Boston 11, MIA 12, Worcester 13
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    are pj and jay really both playing both nights???? that would be insane
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    DJ Kid ADJ Kid A Posts: 8

happens all the time. nothing new here.

TFC 99 at alpine: RATM announced at the very last minute. happily, i already had my tix.
    also, as of yesterday at least, the Midtown festival in ATL has several mainstage slots still TBA.
  • Options
    DJ Kid ADJ Kid A Posts: 8
    81 wrote:

if this is true i will laugh my ass off at everyone who thought this festival wasn't worth $99.

to me, it's worth it either way. but if both nights get Jay & PJ, i'd've paid twice that!!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    DJ Kid A wrote:

happens all the time. nothing new here.

TFC 99 at alpine: RATM announced at the very last minute. happily, i already had my tix.
    also, as of yesterday at least, the Midtown festival in ATL has several mainstage slots still TBA.
    Omigod. RATM would be awesome!!
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    http://www.ketv.com/news/entertainment/Pearl-Jam-joins-Jay-Z-for-Made-In-America-fest/-/9674216/13628444/-/ec9m07/-/index.html

CNN says PJ are only performing on one of the two days....I think it's best to wait for formal announcements since there is so much conflicting information.
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
This discussion has been closed.