PEARL JAM TO PLAY MADE IN AMERICA FESTIVAL

Comments

• Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Foo too?!?

I'd rather see Jigga 8-)

I think I agree with this because I'm a Jay-Z though have never seen him live before or too many rap artists for that matter. It's an awesome opportunity.
  • Options
    The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Why is it that everyone who is not going because they don't like Rap me included is thought of as closeminded i've heard Rap artist and have yet to hear one that has blown me away , i just don't like this Genre at all plain & simple ....It does nothing for me .

I respect the fact that you don't like hip hop

however, have you ever listened to these albums:

It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back - Public Enemy

Straight Outta Compton- NWA

landmark albums in musical history!

Well said.

Im grateful that my favorite band is still playing shows and expanding their fan base. Pearl Jam is spreading their positive message of hope, love and perseverance to people who otherwise may not ever hear it. The world can really use the wisdom of Ed right now, and there is no better way to spread it than by reaching out to new folks...
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    people complain pj doesn't play the usa. only 2 shows in 2011 and in wisconsin..haven't played seattle...haven't played philly in 3 years....haven't played the south.... pj then plays the usa but it's a festival with rap artists. people don't buy tickets for whatever reasons. I just don't get it.
    pj could play in a open field in the Midwest in the middle of nowhere in a come one come all concert and people will still bitch that its not closer to them or its not a seated concert.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    people complain pj doesn't play the usa. only 2 shows in 2011 and in wisconsin..haven't played seattle...haven't played philly in 3 years....haven't played the south.... pj then plays the usa but it's a festival with rap artists. people don't buy tickets for whatever reasons. I just don't get it.
    pj could play in a open field in the Midwest in the middle of nowhere in a come one come all concert and people will still bitch that its not closer to them or its not a seated concert.

I think people are more pissed that it's yet another festival and not a PJ only date AND that they're announcing this tour in dribs and drabs due to the fact that they're contractually obligated to do so without giving us an inkling of an idea if there will be any PJ only dates at all. Personally I do think there will be, but it is frustrating when you're holding out on scheduling vacation time in the hopes that dates will be released and you get one date per week and it happens to be a fest in a location you can't afford to or care to go to.

I love festivals and enjoy seeing a variety of music and if this were in a location I actually wanted to visit I'd be going (I can drive to Philly, just can't swing the flights for 3 people to Pensacola or Atlanta). I'm already seeing a few of those artists at Lolla and the rest I'm kinda meh on. I'd like to see Jay Z, Miike Snow, Janelle Monea and Skrillex (yeah, I'd see Skrillex so what! :evil: :) ) but I don't want to go to Philly again...sorry Philly people, it's just not a place I want to vacation in this year. As much as I want to see PJ seeing at a fest in a city I've already been to several times isn't appealing to me and that bums me out but I still hope they'll play a date or two on their own somewhere I can drive to this year. If not, it's not the end of the world. People really need to put shit in perspective, it's just a concert!

And for people that say they don't want to be around the "type of people this fest will attract"...you are being racist. For those that say "I don't want to see a bunch of rap"...it's really not all rap, check out some of the other artists. And for those that don't want to go because they've actually listened to the other artists and just don't like them...they really just don't want to go, most likely because they are still patiently waiting for a PJ only show in their area like most of us are. Hopefully we can get all these fests out of the way soon and announce the rest of the US tour! :D
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    Geez tan if you made that any longer I woulda had to break out a bottle of red

I fully agree with everything you said, but the bitching on the porch gets tiring and old. Look at the bitching bout pj20 location. The racist posts are just so sicking and disgraceful and really leave a bad mark for the fanbase.

• Options
    TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    Geez tan if you made that any longer I woulda had to break out a bottle of red

I fully agree with everything you said, but the bitching on the porch gets tiring and old. Look at the bitching bout pj20 location. The racist posts are just so sicking and disgraceful and really leave a bad mark for the fanbase.

Actually I'm on my second glass at the moment...probably why the long rant ;) I've never viewed this community as being racist but some of the comments today have been questionable to say the least...a few overtly racist. People are completely overeacting about a concert that they can choose to either attend or not attend. It's that simple.
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    Tangerine wrote:

Actually I'm on my second glass at the moment...probably why the long rant ;) I've never viewed this community as being racist but some of the comments today have been questionable to say the least...a few overtly racist. People are completely overeacting about a concert that they can choose to either attend or not attend. It's that simple.
    lol nice. again totally agree with you.

• Options
    thaislopesthaislopes Posts: 31
    I am from another country. If I buy some ticket, can I receive that in my house by mail ?
    Rio de Janeiro, Praça da Apoteose, 2011
    Atlanta, Music Midtown, 2012
    São Paulo, Lollapalooza, 2013
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    thaislopes wrote:
    I am from another country. If I buy some ticket, can I receive that in my house by mail ?

You can print them out on your computer.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    pdalowsky wrote:
    81 wrote:
    kenny olav wrote:
    what beer will sold at the venue other than Bud? c'mon obviously it's a profit machine for Budweiser. Pearl Jam doesn't need this. the strength of their music would sell out venues. a simple Pearl Jam concert would be a fun time. and a Ten Club membership used to mean getting good tickets to that concert. i'm not sure what it means anymore.

fair enough, they sell a few cases of beer....big whooop....

exactly, who cares who drinks what?

staggering.

I happen to think bud tastes awful, but if its the only beer on offer I probably wouldnt think twice

I don't care if people drink Budweiser or whatever beer they like - that wasn't my point. Also, I am genuinely happy for those who are excited about this festival. I just know that I and some other long-time fans had hoped for a few non-festival shows, and am I wrong to think most people would prefer Pearl Jam shows over these festivals? I'm just questioning the reasoning behind playing these fests... but maybe more shows are TBA? I dunno, but like some have said, why not have it all announced at once?

Have a great time in Philly, Atlanta, Pensacola, Europe wherever... I've seen every tour since '98 but not this year... those 22 shows were awesome... I'm not complaining, I have other bands to be excited about seeing this year, but I'm confused by this festival deal.
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Why is it that everyone who is not going because they don't like Rap me included is thought of as closeminded i've heard Rap artist and have yet to hear one that has blown me away , i just don't like this Genre at all plain & simple ....It does nothing for me .

I respect the fact that you don't like hip hop

however, have you ever listened to these albums:

It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back - Public Enemy

Straight Outta Compton- NWA

landmark albums in musical history!

Add 36 Chambers to that
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Please please please add Slash + Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators
    smileys-praying-554778.gif

Plleeeease.
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    do we need a password for tomorrow for the 10am sale???
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    do we need a password for tomorrow for the 10am sale???

nope tomorrow is public sale
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,855

im with you on this :D

Although one of my favourite artists used Rap extremely well (RATM), i just dont get it either.......

but i totally respect that others do.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    ll
    pdalowsky wrote:

im with you on this :D

Although one of my favourite artists used Rap extremely well (RATM), i just dont get it either.......

but i totally respect that others do.
    i dont get it either,but no problemwith artist and other kind of music..in the end,why not watch other new things as well..
    pj will be the main but its music,if u dont like u go/.
    i remember at 2010 at wercther was?at lisbon?im not sure,,after pj was a rave party...
    was crazy,but was fun..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    40,000+ GA Pearl Jam show in philly on a summer holiday weekend?

if you complain about that, then you will complain about anything. this shit will be nuts when they take the stage

not to mention the die hard "rap only" fans wont stick around for PJ, just like some of the "PJ is the only good music in the world" folks wont stick around for Jay-Z, so the way i see it this IS a pearl jam show, not the typical festival... there will be PJ fans from all over the northeast at this, who do you think is going to buy most of the tickets? we are
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    from the website:

FESTIVAL FAQ:
    +What kind of security and medical staff will you have at the festival?
    There will be both public and private security and medical staff at Budweiser Made in America. Your safety and health is of the upmost important to us and at any time during the festival if you need any assistance, seek out the medical tent, or look for a security officer or festival staff member.
    +I want to be a sponsor or vendor at Made in America, how do I apply?
    Go to the contact button at the bottom of the website and please submit your interest to the email below.
    -Is there a place to charge my cell phone?
    There will be cell phone charging stations throughout the festival grounds.

+Will there be ATM's at the Festival?

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    from the website:

FESTIVAL FAQ:
    +What kind of security and medical staff will you have at the festival?
    There will be both public and private security and medical staff at Budweiser Made in America. Your safety and health is of the upmost important to us and at any time during the festival if you need any assistance, seek out the medical tent, or look for a security officer or festival staff member.
    +I want to be a sponsor or vendor at Made in America, how do I apply?
    Go to the contact button at the bottom of the website and please submit your interest to the email below.
    -Is there a place to charge my cell phone?
    There will be cell phone charging stations throughout the festival grounds.

+Will there be ATM's at the Festival?

:mrgreen:
    :fp: :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    40,000+ GA Pearl Jam show in philly on a summer holiday weekend?

if you complain about that, then you will complain about anything. this shit will be nuts when they take the stage

not to mention the die hard "rap only" fans wont stick around for PJ, just like some of the "PJ is the only good music in the world" folks wont stick around for Jay-Z, so the way i see it this IS a pearl jam show, not the typical festival... there will be PJ fans from all over the northeast at this, who do you think is going to buy most of the tickets? we are
    word to dat homie

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    There is a lot of funny stuff in this thread.
    Its great that PJ is playing philly.

Yeah, I prefer my choice 10 club seats in as small a venue as possible with a full length PJ show.

But what the heck, I can have a great time just being outdoors, drinking beer, hanging with friends, and hearing my favorite rock band play live. The rest is just gravy. I wont fly for a festie, but if its close enough, I just might go.

I will have to see if this can be done, because it sure sounds like fun.
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    travel packages for anyone interested

http://www.cidentertainment.com/madeinamerica/
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    I kinda wish I hadn't already bought tix for Atlanta so that I could have gone to Philly instead. :( Never been there. Either way, it would be awesome. Just read an article that said "Jay Z has decided to go vintage for his upcoming Made in America music festival" with having Pearl Jam. Vintage. I like it. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    EmBleve wrote:
    I kinda wish I hadn't already bought tix for Atlanta so that I could have gone to Philly instead. :( Never been there. Either way, it would be awesome. Just read an article that said "Jay Z has decided to go vintage for his upcoming Made in America music festival" with having Pearl Jam. Vintage. I like it. :mrgreen:
    You could always sell your Atlanta tickets, no? Made In America public onsale is 10AM EST today, you can still get tickets!
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    well, unless they show up across the bridge in camden or closer, they can't get any closer for me so I can't complain. Yet, i'm just not feeling the festival thing and the surrounding/logistics for a 2 day pass. Someone has less than 5 minutes to talk me into going..."Help me..."
  • Options
    well, unless they show up across the bridge in camden or closer, they can't get any closer for me so I can't complain. Yet, i'm just not feeling the festival thing and the surrounding/logistics for a 2 day pass. Someone has less than 5 minutes to talk me into going..."Help me..."
    Is there someplace you would rather be than outdoors listening to live pearl jam? Especially when it is just a car ride away?
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    Get_Right wrote:
    Is there someplace you would rather be than outdoors listening to live pearl jam? Especiallywhen it is just a car ride away?

yes, in a seat up close LOL!!! :)
  • Options
    DO IT DAVE. Will you get to see them this year otherwise without flying/driving for crazy amounts of time? 2-day pass for less than $150 is a good deal. Just see PJ one day and someone else the other day and you would have justified your ticket purchase.

AND if you end up deciding not to go, you can always sell your tickets, especially if you get the early bird rate.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    Is there someplace you would rather be than outdoors listening to live pearl jam? Especiallywhen it is just a car ride away?

yes, in a seat up close LOL!!! :)
    :lol:
    Of course, but thats not on offer now is it?
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632

that's where I was yesterday and I just did it. now I am looking forward to it. in the very least, I will go just for PJ, but now I think I am making it a weekend there, even though I am only about an hour away
This discussion has been closed.