Options

Pearl Jam to play Made in America Festival

Comments

• Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    Stardog3.. wrote:
    Stardog3.. wrote:
    I agree.

Or what about a little Ed on Young Forever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1nbvplgElw

That would be phenomenal in my opinion.
    Great Bonnaroo performance of that..

They did this before!?? Or just the song in general?
    No, just the JAY Z performance haha
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Stardog3.. wrote:
    Great Bonnaroo performance of that..

They did this before!?? Or just the song in general?
    No, just the JAY Z performance haha

I was to say- how the heck have I not see this?? :lol:

I think THAT collaboration would be worth arguably half the price of a ticket. :lol:
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    I'd say 95% of rappers are complete and utter jokes and embarrassments. With that being said.. People like Jay Z and Nas are stupid talented. They just got lost in shuffle of these clowns posing as musicians.

Would be nice to see Freeway and the Roots there too since they are local.

Here's to hoping the Fresh Prince makes a return!!
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    I'd say 95% of rappers are complete and utter jokes and embarrassments. With that being said.. People like Jay Z and Nas are stupid talented. They just got lost in shuffle of these clowns posing as musicians.

Would be nice to see Freeway and the Roots there too since they are local.

Here's to hoping the Fresh Prince makes a return!!

Iiiiiin West Philadelphia born and raised, on a playground is where I spent most of mah days......

:fp: :lol::lol:
  • Options
    faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
    Slap me silly and call me Saywer, but if it's true that does kinda blow. I'd rather go to this than hotlanta. Buuuuuut, I'll still be happy with it.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Slap me silly and call me Saywer

That would just be mean.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    JimmyV wrote:
    Slap me silly and call me Saywer

That would just be mean.
    :fp: :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,554
    edited May 2012
    It totally mystifies me that people would be so against music festivals. They're fun!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,459
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It godly mystifes me that people would be so against music festivals. They're fun!

They are fun, but as far as a Pearl Jam concert, they are an inferior experience to an arena show. At Jazzfest people around me were talking over all the songs they didn't know, and we didn't get all that close to the stage so I was actually having trouble hearing the band at times. :roll:

It should be a good time though. 8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,554
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It godly mystifes me that people would be so against music festivals. They're fun!

They are fun, but as far as a Pearl Jam concert, they are an inferior experience to an arena show. At Jazzfest people around me were talking over all the songs they didn't know, and we didn't get all that close to the stage so I was actually having trouble hearing the band at times. :roll:

It should be a good time though. 8-)
    Well, of course a PJ show is better to us PJ fanatics. But to whine about the festivals and not even be willing to go to a fest where PJ is playing because it's a fest just seems weird and a bit close-minded to me! It's basically people consciously deciding they are uninterested in seeing other bands play that they'd normally never see live...and iI just don't get that decision. They get to see PJ in a solid set, plus experience a bunch of new and/or different shit too. And that is a bad thing? Whaaaa...? :). Yeah, it's not a full PJ concert... but it's still something good!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Exactly. I mean I could see if the tix were a couple hundred bucks or if you have to travel a good way. But there's no reason not to check this out if the only thing you are worried about is the quality of performers. Jay Z has more pull than anyone in music arguably... He won't put shitty acts out there and ruin his name.

That is the reason I am fully on board with this.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Hmm. Strange line up.
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Posts: 249
    I think this is great. A show of respect from one of the biggest entertainers in the world from a completely different genre. And the do have a connection to Jay-Z...from MTV.COM article about PJ HQ:

One of the conference rooms in the smartly appointed offices featured images of the band with various dignitaries, from President Obama to Bruce Springsteen. The most intriguing was a shot of Beyonce and Jay-Z walking through the bowels of Madison Square Garden and gawking at a photo of PJ singer Eddie Vedder. Right next to that was a set-up sequel of Vedder looking equally astonished at a photo of the hip-hop supercouple.
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    Festivals are never the best place for a fan to see their favorite band, however, it is sometimes awesome to see your favorite band in front of 50,000 people. Festivals are a great place to update yourself on "what the kids are listening to these day".
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Festivals are never the best place for a fan to see their favorite band, however, it is sometimes awesome to see your favorite band in front of 50,000 people. Festivals are a great place to update yourself on "what the kids are listening to these day".

Those whipper-snappers are into PJ! :lol:
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    Well it's official!!

We are pleased to announce that Pearl Jam is headlining Made in America Music Festival curated by Jay-Z. Made in America takes place Labor Day Weekend (Saturday, September 1st - Sunday, September 2nd) at Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Philadelphia’s Fairmount Park.

PLEASE NOTE: Made In America Festival will announce Pearl Jam's exact performance date and time in the coming weeks.

In addition to Pearl Jam, this 2-day music festival will include performances from fellow artists like Jay-Z, Passion Pit, Dirty Projectors, D’Angelo and much more.

TICKETS:

Made In America Festival two-day passes go on sale this Wednesday, May 23rd at 10am ET / 7am PT at:
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/02004 ... 6018:16959

Sorry, Pearl Jam travel packages are not available for Made In America Festival.

Official website: http://www.madeinamericafest.com/
    Tickets: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/02004 ... 6018:16959
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MadeInAmericaFest
    Twitter: #MadeInAmerica
  • Options
    No Ten Club tickets?
    Philadelphia - October 3rd, 2005
    Camden - May 27th and 28th, 2006
    Camden - June 19th and 20th, 2008
    Philadelphia - October 28th, 30th and 31st, 2009
    Philadelphia - October 21st, 2013
    Philadelphia - April 28th, 2016

• Options
    RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Pearl Jam, Jigga Man, D'Angelo, Drake... yes please. 8-)
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Pearl Jam, Jigga Man, D'Angelo, Drake... yes please. 8-)

we can always count on you for open-mindedness and enthusiasm towards the hip hop!
  • Options
    TS164310TS164310 Posts: 43
    With Springsteen playing CBP Sept 2nd and 3rd, I'd have to say an EV appearance is a lock

OR.... maybe a Springsteen appearance during PJ's set would go down. either way, woohoo!
  • Options
    LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    What has two thumbs and will not make this her first PJ show? This chick right here. I'll pass, thanks. :nono:
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    sux only 2 day passes as of now..any rumor on what day they will play?..and any word on vip tix if im going to go i would like to be close to the stage without fighting for it
  • Options
    Haywood YablomeeHaywood Yablomee Posts: 608
    edited May 2012
    They're playing a Hip Hop themed festival now?? Didn't Jay-Z retire a few years back?
    WOW!!! Is there anything they won't do or play for money??
    Jay-Z won't but it's a shame about PJ... Jay-Z would sell his kid for a profit if could.

I guess it was only time till they figured out they are wasting time playing their own shows in the states...
    Why put on your own show when you're guaranteed 10 times the money with a festival and only have to play half the songs??

ViVa CAPITALISM!!!
    Post edited by Haywood Yablomee on
  • Options
    Haywood YablomeeHaywood Yablomee Posts: 608
    edited May 2012
    They're playing a Hip Hop themed festival now?? Didn't Jay-Z retire a few years back?
    Jay-Z won't but it's a shame about PJ... Jay-Z would sell his kid for a profit if could.

I guess it was only time till they figured out they are wasting time playing their own shows in the states...
    Why put on your own show when you're guaranteed 10 times the money with a festival and only have to play half the songs??

ViVa CAPITALISM!!!
    Post edited by Haywood Yablomee on
  • Options
    I love Jay-Z! If Pearl Jam doesn't play Boston or Hartford around that time then i'll definetly make my way down! :)
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    They're playing a Hip Hop themed festival now??
    So sad!!

Why put on your own show when you're guaranteed 10 times the money with a festival??
    ViVa CAPITALISM!!!
    Just go away.. :roll: this kind of dumb ignorance isn't needed.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,204
    They're playing a Hip Hop themed festival now??
    So sad!!

Why put on your own show when you're guaranteed 10 times the money with a festival??
    ViVa CAPITALISM!!!

some proceeds from show benefit the United Way.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    This may be doable for me! The fact that it is labor day weekend means I'm not obligated to teach on Monday. I just may do it! I'd like to at least catch one show this year. And a little more reading says Skrillex will be there too! I'd say its a 60% chance I'll be going.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733
    This is pretty much like let's sell the tickets and provide the info later :nono:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    well now I am officially on the fence about this. it's only an hour away from me, but I don't care for festivals.

hhhmmm....... :think:
This discussion has been closed.